fuse 47 pull - Page 4 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang DIY and Technical

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-02-2014, 10:51 AM   #106
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
Moving this to the "Tech how to section"
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2014, 11:09 AM   #107
Registered Member
Regular

So the verdict is, for example, I'll need to pull the fuse on my '13 every few weeks?

When I first loaded my MPT tune, I was disappointed. Days later the car seemed to run better. MPT said that the car will have a relearn period. From my experience id say they were right. So if I pull the fuse I'll have to go through that again. Hmmmmm. Not sure what to do.
sguevara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 11:13 AM   #108
Registered Member
Regular

I can only speak for BAMA but my SCF tuner has a "reset KAM" option and this clears it out also. ALL tuners do relearn over time so after allot of questions and research I'm going to do every other Friday to stay consistent. Really only needs to be every 3-4 weeks though. I notice that I like it best between days 2 and 15
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-03-2014, 06:03 AM   #109
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sguevara View Post
So the verdict is, for example, I'll need to pull the fuse on my '13 every few weeks?

When I first loaded my MPT tune, I was disappointed. Days later the car seemed to run better. MPT said that the car will have a relearn period. From my experience id say they were right. So if I pull the fuse I'll have to go through that again. Hmmmmm. Not sure what to do.
Fuse 47 has no effect on a loaded tune. It clears the adaptive learning for the automatic transmission.
Old 06-03-2014, 06:06 AM   #110
Registered Member
Regular

Bucko! Thank you for the reply. So what you are saying is that I shouldn't worry about pulling this fuse? That would be great if I don't have to band aide my costly investment.
Old 06-03-2014, 06:18 AM   #111
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Quote:
Bucko! Thank you for the reply. So what you are saying is that I shouldn't worry about pulling this fuse? That would be great if I don't have to band aide my costly investment.
Fuse 47 only effects those with an automatic transmission. If your driving is mostly city stop and go, your transmission "learns" these shift points. Then if you venture out to the highway and do some "sprited" driving, the shift points will seem sluggish for awhile, untill these new shift points are learned. To force the PCM/ECU to re-learn quicker, pulling fuse 47 forces the automatic transmission into an immediate "re-learn" mode.

Installing a relay that removes power to to fuse 47 each time the car is shut off/restarted is a simpler way to have the shift points cleared without having to pull the fuse.

For most, this adaptive learning is a good thing, as it helps gain some fuel economy. If you are perhaps after any minute performance gains, clearing the adaptive learning could help.
Old 06-03-2014, 06:21 AM   #112
Registered Member
Regular

Oh! Gotcha. I have an auto and do mostly city driving. But I'll build TedG's cable and use that.

Thanks bro!
Old 07-23-2014, 01:04 PM   #113
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Could someone post up a picture of fuse 47 and where it is located in the engine bay? I linked this thread to my write-up on Bama vs. MPT tunes and the fuse 47 pull has came up. Instead of re-explaining it over and over, if someone could throw up a good picture of which exactly is the fuse to pull that would be great, I'm having a hard time describing it.
Old 07-23-2014, 01:18 PM   #114
Registered Member
Regular

Someone had posted this diagram earlier this year. Is this what you are looking for? Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1406139475.161216.jpg
Views:	297
Size:	300.5 KB
ID:	162073

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Old 07-23-2014, 01:27 PM   #115
Registered Member
Regular

Here is the article that the genius wrote:

http://www.paddedwall.org/2012mustang/Transmission.aspx

I will be building mine soon!

Old 07-23-2014, 01:36 PM   #116
Registered Member
Regular

Awesome, thank you! I've been looking all over the net for that picture. If you don't do the relay you just pull the fuse for 10 minutes then put it back in. It's the one that the yellow clips are on, correct?

Old 07-23-2014, 01:45 PM   #117
Registered Member
Regular

Yes it is. I usually pull it for 15 mins every two weeks. Once I build my cable I'll be good to go!!

Old 07-23-2014, 01:53 PM   #118
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yes it is. I usually pull it for 15 mins every two weeks. Once I build my cable I'll be good to go!!

Thanks so much man, it's linked to my write up so people will see this instantly!

Old 07-23-2014, 02:50 PM   #119
Registered Member
Regular

We are all fortunate to have great contributors and compilers such as yourself!!

Old 10-04-2014, 05:43 PM   #120
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wyoming
I have a 2014 v6 with the MT. pulling fuse 47 has had NO discernible effect for me. I went so far as to build the relay and ran it for over a month. pulled it out again and ran another month or so and I can't feel any difference. I run MPT 91 performance. I live in Wyoming where there is very little traffic and my driving is somewhat spirited every day, maybe that is a factor.
Boss227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 06:53 PM   #121
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss227 View Post
I have a 2014 v6 with the MT. pulling fuse 47 has had NO discernible effect for me. I went so far as to build the relay and ran it for over a month. pulled it out again and ran another month or so and I can't feel any difference. I run MPT 91 performance. I live in Wyoming where there is very little traffic and my driving is somewhat spirited every day, maybe that is a factor.
Pulling fuse affects the adaptive shifting in the Automatic transmission. No affect on the MT.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 07:00 PM   #122
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wyoming
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
Pulling fuse affects the adaptive shifting in the Automatic transmission. No affect on the MT.
I realize that, however several MT guys have mentioned that it affects them as well.
Boss227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 07:37 PM   #123
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
It cuts the power to the ecu right? Wouldn't that reset it and cause it to relearn as well?
Old 10-04-2014, 07:42 PM   #124
Abominable Mustang

Regular
Staff

Region: Alaska
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss227 View Post
I realize that, however several MT guys have mentioned that it affects them as well.
Placebo effect

Sent from the Death Star.
LCA Relocation brackets, AE driveshaft, GT 80mm TB,
Black 18x9/10 2010 GT500 Wheels w/ Nitto NT555s,
Eibach Sportline Springs/shocks & Koni STR.T Struts
WhoDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 08:12 PM   #125
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDat View Post
Placebo effect

Like "cold air intakes"?
Old 10-04-2014, 08:39 PM   #126
Abominable Mustang

Regular
Staff

Region: Alaska
At least CAIs sound cool haha

LCA Relocation brackets, AE driveshaft, GT 80mm TB,
Black 18x9/10 2010 GT500 Wheels w/ Nitto NT555s,
Eibach Sportline Springs/shocks & Koni STR.T Struts
WhoDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 05:27 PM   #127
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
+1, IMO data logging won't in any way solve the issue. I drive a manual so its obviously not a tranny issue. The absolute best way to describe it is as soon as you load a tune and start the car for the first time, when you rev the motor a little before you start driving and you can feel instant and lightening quick throttle response, well if I drive for a few days and then start the car up, the lightening quick, instant throttle response that was present the moment after the tune was installed is gone and back to muddy delayed OEM throttle response. Grrrr. BTW just loaded up my 91h tune and is not nearly as good as the 93r. : ( If I can just get the tunes to stick I'd be super happy, but all that I feel is frustration, and its not directed at Bama because others with Mpt have experienced the same issue, it purely at the situation. I'm not a fan of having to remove battery cables every few days to reset. On a similar note after I loaded the 91h tune tonight I was getting, at very low speeds, surges that I originally experienced when I loaded the 93 a few weeks back after I had the 3.73s done. After about 25 minutes of driving the surging stopped and was driving fine so there is definitely some computer correcting by our cars.

2013 V6, Candy Apple Metallic.
Gt500 spoiler, Gt500 stripes,2010 Gt premium wheels, Pirelli tires,Painted side mirrors covers,Upper and lower black billet grille,Pony projection lights,Boss 302 strut tower brace, SR lowering springs, Barton shifter bracket,Airaid Cai,Bama tuned,BBK shorty headers,Roush AB, 3.73 Ford racing gears.
I am driving a 2012 AT and have experienced the same issue. Load the tune, runs awesome and a few weeks later iys dulled down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDat View Post
Are you 100% sure? I've got a 2012 auto and it started feeling sluggish after a while. Did the fuse #47 trick and it brought it back to life. Are you running a tune, and if so, what tune?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
tthompson79 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang DIY and Technical