Raxiom projection smoked halo's installed - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang DIY and Technical

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-28-2014, 11:48 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Raxiom projection smoked halo's installed

I finally had them installed today and wow, do they look beautiful. The halo accent light looks amazing and the entire install took 2 hours. Highly recommend this product for those looking to give their pony a more aggressive look.

I had read the reviews for this project on AM's website and a common complaint was the light output with the Raxiom halogen bulb. While I'm still getting a set of HID's , I personally don't see all the complaints about the light output issue with its halogen bulbs.

Just tonight I was driving over 8 miles on a single lane road, out in the country with no cars behind or in front of me, no street lights and had zero light output issues. I could see the roadway just fine, I have 50% tint on my front windshield along with the headlights being smoked.

Highly recommend this product!

Sent from my little Johnson.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1404017325198.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	160328   Click image for larger version

Name:	1404017337897.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	160329  

2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2014, 08:42 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
What's the difference in light output between stock and these. Also, did you have halogens or HID'S stock?
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 09:03 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
What's the difference in light output between stock and these. Also, did you have halogens or HID'S stock?
Unfortunately the headlights are not OEM HID's since my pony is a 2011. The OEM lights are a standard halogen H13 bulb. The Raxiom projection uses a H9 bulb and from my personal observation , the Raxiom H9 bulb has equal light output to the OEM halogen H13 bulb even with the lenses being smoked.

What I don't care for is the OEM halogen H13 bulb and Raxiom halogen H9 bulb both give off a yellow beam of light. I prefer the nice brighter pure white output of light from HID's.

Also, keep in mind that I run 50% tint on my entire front windshield and still didn't have any light output issues with the Raxiom H9 halogen bulbs. I could see the road just fine and after the initial install the lights just needed to be adjusted upwards to extend the beam of light on the roadway.

I live out in a very rural part of my state and majority of the roads are one lane and have no street lights at all. With that said, last night I had no issues seeing the roadway and the light output was good with no cars in front or in back of me.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2014, 11:25 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

I wouldn't mind getting them, since the highway driving I do has lots of lighting, and cars.

Getting my parents ok is the tough part...
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
Old 06-29-2014, 11:31 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I wouldn't mind getting them, since the highway driving I do has lots of lighting, and cars.

Lol. What bothers your parents about them?

Old 06-29-2014, 12:29 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Lol. What bothers your parents about them?

They saw the reviews on AM that say they cut vision for the 13's noticeably.
Old 06-29-2014, 12:33 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
They saw the reviews on AM that say they cut vision for the 13's noticeably.
I didn't read the 13 -14 reviews because they have factory HIDs and I don't but for the 11-12 reviews , it was the same. They love them but reduces visibility according to many reviews. I certainly didn't feel that way.

Old 06-29-2014, 03:01 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Get new h9 bulbs that aren't blue tinted. They help a ton. I loved them in my old car.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
JAC20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 03:36 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAC20 View Post
Get new h9 bulbs that aren't blue tinted. They help a ton. I loved them in my old car.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Totally agree bro. I got a set of 6000k HID from this same company for my other vehicle and the light output is pure bright white.

Old 06-30-2014, 09:03 AM   #10
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
I finally had them installed today and wow, do they look beautiful. The halo accent light looks amazing and the entire install took 2 hours. Highly recommend this product for those looking to give their pony a more aggressive look.

I had read the reviews for this project on AM's website and a common complaint was the light output with the Raxiom halogen bulb. While I'm still getting a set of HID's , I personally don't see all the complaints about the light output issue with its halogen bulbs.

Just tonight I was driving over 8 miles on a single lane road, out in the country with no cars behind or in front of me, no street lights and had zero light output issues. I could see the roadway just fine, I have 50% tint on my front windshield along with the headlights being smoked.

Highly recommend this product!

Great review! I'm glad to hear you're really enjoying the lights. They really do look awesome on your Mustang! They compliment your Raxiom DRL's really well.

Keep up the great work with your Mustang and let me know if you have any questions or need some assistance in the near future!

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 09:19 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:

I almost can't blame them lol. The 13-14s light output is really amazing. I HATE driving my girlfriends charger at night because i can't see crap compared to mine. I would almost guarantee you would lose light output if you swapped to raxioms in a 13-14, I don't really know why you would want to other than to have the smoked look, the OEM headlights look great as is.
2013 DIB 3.7-Pypes Pype Bomb black axlebacks, BBK shorty headers, Bama & MPT tunes, Steeda Ultralite Springs, J&M steel adj. panhard, Roush hood scoop, Street scene Gen 2 chin spoiler painted to match, Custom billet grille, painted side mirror covers, 20" gloss black AMR wheels wrapped in Nitto Motivos.

Follow me on instagram @that_deep_impact
Deep_Impact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 10:09 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep_Impact View Post
I almost can't blame them lol. The 13-14s light output is really amazing. I HATE driving my girlfriends charger at night because i can't see crap compared to mine. I would almost guarantee you would lose light output if you swapped to raxioms in a 13-14, I don't really know why you would want to other than to have the smoked look, the OEM headlights look great as is.
They do look great, but I want a black on red look, and have smoked taillights (barely any impact on light output), black rims, tint, matte black 5.0 fender badges im putting on soon, and soon I'll be getting a GT500 spoiler in Red Candy with the black gurney flap, so tinted headlights would basically finish the look.

I would just buy the tint film from AM, but in VA, you can't have tinted headlights unless it's bought as a kit (like the raxioms).

Now, how a cop would know the difference, idk. I'm assuming that they would know at the inspections.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang DIY and Technical