Floor mat "hooks" on 2011 V6 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang DIY and Technical

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-19-2014, 06:42 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Floor mat "hooks" on 2011 V6

So I went to the car wash recently and the guys that vacuumed the carpet pulled up my mats to clean under them and left them off. When I went to reattach them, I noticed that one of the plastic hooks the mats snap onto is half pulled out of the floor (I guess they really yanked the mats).

Has anyone had this problem before, and if so what is the fix? I tried pushing them back into the floor, but it doesn't want to stick back in there. I'm going to take a closer look after work tonight, but I really want to avoid pulling up carpet/trim arbitrarily to try to fix the problem.
PythonV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-20-2014, 12:24 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I got into my car a few weeks ago and I felt the mat slip and pop off. Ever since then that snap is doing the same thing. Frustrating since I only have 3k miles on it... does anyone know how these things mount?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Dark_Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 10:54 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

mine is just hitting 3 months and the driver's side one closest to the door is pulling out of the carpet. Horrible design or something because I don't take my car to a car wash so only I have taken the mats out. I am going in for the first oil change and will have it noted then just in case it continues. That part is between the bumpers so if it pulls out they will be fixing it.
gkcontra is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-29-2014, 10:51 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Can you post a picture? I used to work at an auto upholstery shop and might be able to help you find a solution.
jip289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 08:30 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks, I tried to get a few pictures today and they don't show it really well. Basically what I did find in looking at it is that it is just loose in the carpet. I think part of the cause is the floormats don't have any grips on the bottom so if you put any weight on them when getting in or out of the car the twist causing the looseness. I'll probably just end up buying a good set of aftermarket with grip on the back.
gkcontra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 08:57 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Alrighty, good luck!
jip289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 09:55 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Sounds like warranty work.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
2014 Ruby Red V6 Premium, Pony Package, Magnaflow Street Axle-backs, MMD Hood Struts, SCT X4 with Steeda lifetime tunes, Boss 302 Strut tower brace, JLT Oil Separator, OEM extended range remote start, Raxiom Navigation.
dj2014 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang DIY and Technical

Tags
2011 v6