SYNC/Raxiom Debugging Help - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang DIY and Technical

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-23-2014, 03:25 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
SYNC/Raxiom Debugging Help

Hey all,

I recently bought the Raxiom/Rosen GPS/Nav unit (within the last month or so) and after about a week installed, my USB and Bluetooh Audio stopped working (I hear really faint crackling audio from the right speaker only). From what I've researched, it seems that it's possibly the SYNC unit, or some part of the Rosen/Raxiom harness (my inclination).

I've got an appointment with a dealer next week, but I'd really like to try to eliminate the possibility that it's the Raxiom device (and ideally fix it), so I don't waste my time and money.

Here's what I've tried so far, and I'd really appreciate any and all suggestions. I have a 2011 V6 Premium.

Success/What works case:
1) Bluetooth for phone calls
2) CD/Radio/Satellite
3) SYNC voice commands

Failure/No Change Cases:
1) Unplugged fuse #3 for 1 hour (overkill I know)
2) Removed battery for 1 hour (should be same effect as above)
3) Checked all the cables on the Raxiom unit to make sure things were properly connected; same thing for the AC and SYNC units
4) Tried a different USB cable
5) Tried a different USB device
6) Reset the USB device I'm using

Tests TBD:
1) Remove Raxiom unit entirely and revert to factory, see if the issue persists (if it know works, it is for sure the unit)
2) Follow all the wires to see if there's any breakage

Unfortunately, I don't have time during the week to fix this; I didn't even get a chance to attempt any hardware mods (if you've seen my other thread) since this issue came up the weekend before I was going to try, so this issue is totally blocking me from doing anything else (if I have to send it back, I really don't want to install GPS and backup cameras, etc.)
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2014, 09:11 AM   #2
Site Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Python-Sorry to hear about the trouble you're having with the GPS-If they're unable to isolate the culprit shoot me a PM with your order info and I'll have a replacement shipped out for you immediately! It's definitely on the odd side as I haven't heard of problems like this with the unit before. Keep me in the loop and let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

Alex
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 12:03 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMAlexLazarus View Post
Python-Sorry to hear about the trouble you're having with the GPS-If they're unable to isolate the culprit shoot me a PM with your order info and I'll have a replacement shipped out for you immediately! It's definitely on the odd side as I haven't heard of problems like this with the unit before. Keep me in the loop and let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

Alex
Alex, I took the whole thing out and re-installed the factory unit this afternoon. USB and Bluetooth Audio returned to normal with the Raxiom harness out of the loop. It looks like something was bad with the harness afterall. A PM is coming your way.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang DIY and Technical