Horrible exhaust fumes - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang DIY and Technical

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-13-2014, 07:47 PM   #1
Region: Texas
Horrible exhaust fumes

I recently bought my 2012 Shelby and noticed soon after buying that exhaust fumes were horrible and getting into the cabin. I looked under the car and was (temporarily) pleased to find long tube headers had been installed. After taking to service, they found a small pinhole that had to be welded around cats and reported to me that all was well. After driving for 2 weeks and smelling the same fumes I tested the cabin and there is carbon monoxide present.(I have access to test equipment). Of course service department smells nothing and will do nothing.
Has anyone else experienced this problem or have any suggestions? My only thought was that tune is too "rich" and causing problem.
Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

cuckoo@tx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 08:44 PM   #2
Registered Member
Region: Oklahoma
If there's exhaust in the cabin, you have a leak. No buts about it. If there's one pinhole, there's likely more. Or possibly a bad gasket.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
2011 V6 Race Red - Airaid CAI , BBK 73mm Throttle Body, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BBK Longtube Headers , BBK Off Road X-Pipe , Borla ATAKs , SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, MPT 91R Tune, Powerstop Rotors and pads, JLT Oil Seperator, Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks, Eibach Pro Line Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Mickey Thompson Street Comps on 19" Laguna Seca Hyper Black Wheels, Several other aesthetic mods
JoeyM91 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang DIY and Technical