Raxiom halo condensation - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang DIY and Technical

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-14-2015, 03:05 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Raxiom halo condensation

Has anyone had any issues with condensation forming inside the raxiom smoked headlights? Any suggestions on how to get rid of it without having to pull the bumper off to remove the headlight? Thanks in advance

Sent from my HTCONE using Mustang Evolution mobile app
rkaralash is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2015, 04:18 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Before installing mine most people, including someone from AM, told me to put a bead of RTV sealant where The two halves meet. If you did that, then I hope I don't end up having the same issue later on.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
sguevara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 04:21 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah the headlights have been sealed already hoping for a quick fix because I really don't want to pull off the bumper in the middle of winter lol

Sent from my SM-N900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2015, 08:58 AM   #4
Site Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkaralash View Post
Has anyone had any issues with condensation forming inside the raxiom smoked headlights? Any suggestions on how to get rid of it without having to pull the bumper off to remove the headlight? Thanks in advance
Quote:
Yeah the headlights have been sealed already hoping for a quick fix because I really don't want to pull off the bumper in the middle of winter lol

Hey rkaralash - Sorry to hear about the trouble you're having with your Raxioms! That's no good at all if they've already been sealed and condensation is still forming I'm concerned that there's a problem with them! Can you please shoot me a PM with your order number or email address? I'm more than happy to work with the guys at Raxiom to have a claim set up and get these replaced for you.

Let me know and I'm here to help!

Alex
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 09:40 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

I would be happy to pm you the order number however I did make the mistake of buying them second hand off of a guy in my local mustang club :/ not sure if they would even have a warranty still. Thank you for the quick reply though!

Old 01-15-2015, 09:44 AM   #6
Site Sponsor

Quote:
I would be happy to pm you the order number however I did make the mistake of buying them second hand off of a guy in my local mustang club :/ not sure if they would even have a warranty still. Thank you for the quick reply though!
rkaralash - Hey, Thanks for letting me know about this! Because they had been purchased second hand Raxiom wouldn't be able to have a claim set up but I'm happy to get you a set with killer pricing if you'd like just let me know how I can help out!

Alex
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 01-15-2015, 09:45 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

That's kind of what I figured. Hoping I can come up with a solution before having to buy another set. Thanks!!!

Old 01-16-2015, 01:14 PM   #8
Site Sponsor

Quote:
That's kind of what I figured. Hoping I can come up with a solution before having to buy another set. Thanks!!!

Sorry about that again but if it will come down to that just shoot me a PM and I'm happy to work with you on this! I've been in the same position before with second parts so I know how it goes!

If there's absolutely anything I can ever help out with just shoot me a PM!

Alex
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 01-18-2015, 09:10 AM   #9

Region: Oklahoma
RK - just installed mine this weekend, they were a b*#%& to install, lots of cutting to get them fit properly, there in now but no rain due for the rest of the week, I did put sealant on before the install, guess I did a crappy job because you can tell when it's on there sooooo not to impressed I had to fix before I even used them and now I'm told that might not even work. Oh well we'll see, they look killer though

OBTW- AM I received mine and both weather stripping a were loose or ripped from the corners, I rtv those as well but for the price though they should have been a little better quality, since getting them I haven't read really any good reviews, just thought I'd throw it out there, spec D needs to spec up to A

Black 97GT- cobra fender/ spoiler/ hood- cobraR wheels, CAI- Borlas- under drives- 282cam- 3.73 gears-bama tune- Pioneer double din,rockford amps and 12" subs, under 50k
TEGsol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 09:48 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Hopefully yours will not have any issues with condensation. If mine aren't cleared up my next weekend I'm going to pull the headlights and see if I can possibly reseal them.

Old 01-19-2015, 08:59 AM   #11
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEGsol View Post
RK - just installed mine this weekend, they were a b*#%& to install, lots of cutting to get them fit properly, there in now but no rain due for the rest of the week, I did put sealant on before the install, guess I did a crappy job because you can tell when it's on there sooooo not to impressed I had to fix before I even used them and now I'm told that might not even work. Oh well we'll see, they look killer though

OBTW- AM I received mine and both weather stripping a were loose or ripped from the corners, I rtv those as well but for the price though they should have been a little better quality, since getting them I haven't read really any good reviews, just thought I'd throw it out there, spec D needs to spec up to A
Whoa! TEGsol! I'm really sorry to hear about his and that's definitely not right at all and I'd like to get these replaced for you today! Please shoot me a PM with your order info and I can have this set up today for you!

Hang in there, I'm here to help!

Alex
Free Same-Day Shipping!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang DIY and Technical