Anybody have the SWARR BAR on their Mustang??? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang DIY and Technical

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-25-2015, 09:51 AM   #1
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
Anybody have the SWARR BAR on their Mustang???

I just ordered one from AM on sale for $212.00 with the forum discount. I understand the conception but was wondering if anyone else has installed one and noticed any real difference.
Ronnie ??????????????
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2015, 08:53 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

I have the sway bar from an 85 SVO in my 86 lx. It stiffened up the body roll in my rear end. Made for tighter suspension when turning.

Currently- 1986 2.3L lx notchback, conversion to SVO 2.3L turbo automatic notchback.
xCrystalxMariex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 04:51 PM   #3
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Not the same

The SWARR BAR is different.
Ronnie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2015, 10:34 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Never heard of it. Must Google!

Currently- 1986 2.3L lx notchback, conversion to SVO 2.3L turbo automatic notchback.
xCrystalxMariex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 08:17 AM   #5
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

check it out here

Swarr Automotive Mustang Swarr Bar 8.8in Rear Support swarr-05 (05-14 GT, 11-14 V6 & 07-12 GT500) - Free Shipping

Ronnie
Old 04-19-2015, 12:14 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Have you had the chance to put it on? I was looking into getting one but don't see if it would be beneficial, straight line wise, if both control arms are upgraded and wheel hop already gets eliminated..
Dub9stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 12:23 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Have you had the chance to put it on? I was looking into getting one but don't see if it would be beneficial, straight line wise, if both control arms are upgraded and wheel hop already gets eliminated..
Dub9stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 12:32 PM   #8
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Yes, it has been on for a while now.

What it does is really stiffen up the rear axle and eliminate any twisting action. It is better then tack welding the axles to the differential and does the same thing plus a lot more.
I got it from American Muscle on sale and I'm happy with it.

There are a lot of reviews on American Muscle you can read.
Ronnie
Old 04-19-2015, 01:01 PM   #9
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Kentucky
Anybody have the SWARR BAR on their Mustang???

My car does great but the traction control is garbage, it tail whips with just 1/2 throttle. Which the sway bar will improve the cars behavior, how much depends on what sway bar you use...

Adventure till you drop
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 01:38 PM   #10
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

We are not talking about:::::

SWAY BARS
A SWARR BAR is a different thing.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/search...tion=2010-2014

Ronnie
Old 04-23-2015, 01:52 PM   #11
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Kentucky
Sorry, Ronnie had a brain fart, thought it said sway bars...

Adventure till you drop
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 02:07 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Does anyone know if there are any install issues with this regarding aftermarket suspension like LCA or sway bar relocation brackets?
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 05:24 PM   #13
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterlingbeast5.0 View Post
Does anyone know if there are any install issues with this regarding aftermarket suspension like LCA or sway bar relocation brackets?

Only thing I've seen interfere is a Torque Arm.

Bullitts are better than Bullets

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 11:56 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Well got it in and had to return it. With LCA relocation brackets it wasn't going to work unless some cutting took place. I didn't want to start cutting suspension parts for fear of making them weaker. It is actually only by a hair. The outer brackets have a welded on spot that double the thickness and that was the issue with the relocation bracket.

Fortunately AM was, as always, easy peasy on the return
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang DIY and Technical