Zex install questions or pictures. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang DIY and Technical



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-18-2015, 03:16 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Sloasslx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Fountain
Region: Colorado
Posts: 33
Zex install questions or pictures.

I have tried searching for install pictures and where people have mounted everything but haven't found anything specific. I know not everyone likes zex but I got an amazing deal on it(400) still in the box. I was looking at an install diagram that was hand drawn a looks like last year but not sure which is right.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Sloasslx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-25-2015, 06:30 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
DetroitMuscle99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Detroit,Mi
Region: Michigan
Posts: 280
There is a install video on you tube. Zex may have them also ask them. Nothing wrong with zex kits, not a fan of the color choice though. Haha
__________________
This is why we play the game... to separate the contenders from the pretenders!
DetroitMuscle99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 06:36 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,260
Zex is horrible.
Now that we got that out of the way. Mount the solenoids on on the air box shield. Assuming you have a aftermarket cai

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-25-2015, 06:41 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
DetroitMuscle99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Detroit,Mi
Region: Michigan
Posts: 280
What kit do you have wet or dry? Mount solenoid on airbox lol?
__________________
This is why we play the game... to separate the contenders from the pretenders!
DetroitMuscle99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 06:54 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,260
I have a direct port. 300 shot.

Zex uses a box type solenoids. Best place to mount it is on the air box shield. Or the fire wall.


Don't try and be a smart *** with me on nitrous buddy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 07:15 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
DetroitMuscle99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Detroit,Mi
Region: Michigan
Posts: 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
I have a direct port. 300 shot.

Zex uses a box type solenoids. Best place to mount it is on the air box shield. Or the fire wall.


Don't try and be a smart *** with me on nitrous buddy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Wasn't asking you. That was to op and I will not go through this again. A direct port 300 jet good for you buddy. And I'm not being a smartass he was unclear on his question and there are better places than airbox. But to each their own. Oh I just looked at your New 5.0 pics nice ride. Direct port is not through the intake though bud. It would be into individual ports on the intake manifold.
__________________
This is why we play the game... to separate the contenders from the pretenders!
DetroitMuscle99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 07:27 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Sloasslx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Fountain
Region: Colorado
Posts: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitMuscle99 View Post
There is a install video on you tube. Zex may have them also ask them. Nothing wrong with zex kits, not a fan of the color choice though. Haha

Thanks I will check it out. I'm definitely a picture video guy. I have the destructions zex had in the box but wanted to see if anyone had pics of their installs. Like where the switches were mounted.

I was not a fan of purple either so thank goodness it was the black kit. So that made it much better


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Sloasslx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 07:29 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Sloasslx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Fountain
Region: Colorado
Posts: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
Zex is horrible.
Now that we got that out of the way. Mount the solenoids on on the air box shield. Assuming you have a aftermarket cai

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Why is zex horrible? Is it the solenoids or what?


I do have a steeda Cai.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Sloasslx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 07:30 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
DetroitMuscle99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Detroit,Mi
Region: Michigan
Posts: 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloasslx View Post
Thanks I will check it out. I'm definitely a picture video guy. I have the destructions zex had in the box but wanted to see if anyone had pics of their installs. Like where the switches were mounted.

I was not a fan of purple either so thank goodness it was the black kit. So that made it much better


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Yeah the blackout kit looks better both perform the same. I own a new edge so I couldn't tell you where to mount on newer mustangs.
__________________
This is why we play the game... to separate the contenders from the pretenders!
DetroitMuscle99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 07:32 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
DetroitMuscle99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Detroit,Mi
Region: Michigan
Posts: 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloasslx View Post
Why is zex horrible? Is it the solenoids or what?


I do have a steeda Cai.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Its not do not listen to him. Its just a entry level system so it's crap to him. They are reliable if used the way they are designed for.
__________________
This is why we play the game... to separate the contenders from the pretenders!
DetroitMuscle99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 08:00 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
WhiteCali5oh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Beckley
Region: West Virgina
Posts: 1,396
☺️


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
WhiteCali5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 08:52 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
Sloasslx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Fountain
Region: Colorado
Posts: 33
Honestly I don't know what to expect. This will be my first car on nitrous. To me seems like all nitrous kits are entry level you have to build them all up with heaters and window switches and purge kits and all the what not. I like the advice of others tho.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Sloasslx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 09:00 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
DetroitMuscle99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Detroit,Mi
Region: Michigan
Posts: 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloasslx View Post
Honestly I don't know what to expect. This will be my first car on nitrous. To me seems like all nitrous kits are entry level you have to build them all up with heaters and window switches and purge kits and all the what not. I like the advice of others tho.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Everthing you listed are safety features I say entry level because those kits are only capable of up to like a 125 jet. Where plate kits can range from say 75 the 300 shot and direct port fogger systems the sky is the limit. Than you have staged nitrous kits which I run two stage kit. Then you can get into progressive nitrous controllers and all the other good stuff. Enjoy man be safe.
__________________
This is why we play the game... to separate the contenders from the pretenders!
DetroitMuscle99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 09:21 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
Sloasslx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Fountain
Region: Colorado
Posts: 33
Well damn guess there is more to learn.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Sloasslx is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang DIY and Technical

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ZEX 82015 Dry Nitrous Kit For Sale-Texas downtime Mustang Parts for Sale and Wanted 7 04-19-2006 01:00 PM
Is anyone running the ZEX kit on their 6er? OMEGA7STARR Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 19 05-25-2004 06:41 PM
Zex vs. NX Shahrum Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 26 02-12-2004 11:01 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



01:19 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.