Front Bumper Removal and APR Front Splitter Install (Video Linked) - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang DIY and Technical

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-11-2015, 12:51 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Front Bumper Removal and APR Front Splitter Install (Video Linked)

Hey guys!

I searched high and low for a install video for the APR front splitter and could not find one for the 2015+ Mustang. So, I've taken it into my own hands and made a video of the install. (linked below)

Why I chose the APR splitter: This thing is a piece of art, its functional, and it looks mean! APR does very high quality work and it shows in the piece. I think the OEM front fascia looks great, but this splitter puts it over the top.

What is it: APR Performance Front Air Dams integrate with the front bumper to reduce front-end lift and increase high-speed stability. Formed in the autoclave at high temperatures, APR Performance Front Air Dams are made from pre-preg carbon fiber materials to be strong and light weight. (Yeah that's right...I know how to use copy and paste)

The install: This was actually a pretty straight forward and easy-ish install. I have never removed a bumper on a car and the thought of drilling into body panels, on a brand new car, send a chill down my spine. However, with a little help from our friends over at Roush and their fascia removal instructions, I was able to remove the bumper with relative ease. The most difficult part was the small screw on each side that takes time and patience to remove. Don't rush it! Take a few breaths and a couple swigs of a cold beer and you'll have it off in no time. Although it is not needed, removing the inner fender well would make a huge difference in the difficulty of this install.

The Video:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Mf22qEh6Ehg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Mods: Lund Tuned, AWE Switchpath Catback, AirRaid CAI, Eibach Pro-kit Springs, 3.55 gears, Ferrada FR2 20x9 and 20x10.5, APR Splitter, RTR front Grill, Steeda subframe braces, Steeda differential bushings, Steeda IRS bushing support, BMR Vertical Links, BMR Lower Control Arm Bearing kit (BK055), BMR Front subframe brace.
Seatown Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2015, 01:22 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Update on the APR Splitter: I have had it install for a month or so now and have had zero issues with clearance. I have gone over larger speed bumps and up and down fairly steep hills. No problem at all and have not scrapped it once.

Also, I took it to the track and hit 130mph-135mph on 4 roll races and plus the 80mhp on the 2hr drive out there. This thing held up great. Plus it looks sooo sexy!!

IMO its worth the $$ if you are willing to do the install yourself. Hopefully with this video you wont have any issues with that either!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1472.png
Views:	100
Size:	1.44 MB
ID:	189980  
Mods: Lund Tuned, AWE Switchpath Catback, AirRaid CAI, Eibach Pro-kit Springs, 3.55 gears, Ferrada FR2 20x9 and 20x10.5, APR Splitter, RTR front Grill, Steeda subframe braces, Steeda differential bushings, Steeda IRS bushing support, BMR Vertical Links, BMR Lower Control Arm Bearing kit (BK055), BMR Front subframe brace.
Seatown Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 10:47 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Surprised no one has commented on this.. Great Video! Thanks for posting!

Procharged D1 on 12Lbs, MPT 93 Tune, 73mm BBK TB, Ported Upper/Lower Intakes, BBK Shorty Headers, FRPP Cut n Clamp Xpipe, Borla S-Types, Barton Short Shifter/Blowfish Bracket, SS Clutch Line, Whiteline Trans Bushing, One Piece Driveshaft, Front and Rear Tower Brace, Whiteline Front and Rear Sway Bars, Whiteline Adj LCAs/Adj UCA, BMR Relocation Brackets, BMR adj Panhard Bar, Eibach Sportlines, FRPP Dampers, 20" AMRs, 3.55 gears, Brembos
Mean14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-20-2015, 10:17 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Nice work. Looks great!
COYOTE6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang DIY and Technical