2015 Mustang Wheel hop remedy Thread (install videos) - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang DIY and Technical

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-25-2015, 11:15 AM   #1
Registered Member
Region: Washington
2015 Mustang Wheel hop remedy Thread (install videos)

I am working on an install series of the parts I have purchased to get rid of wheel hop. We have purchased IRS bushings, Subframe braces, differential bushings and Vertical links. Of these we have done install videos for the installed IRS bushings and Subframe braces. With the others to come shortly. The goal is to really see how much these parts help after a full install. Let me know if you have any questions.

IRS Bushings: The install was pretty straight forward with basic handtools.

The Outcome: You can feel a slight difference in the suspension., but in a good way. it feel less rubberized and you can feel a little better connection to the rear suspension and the road. As advertised there has not been any additional NVH experienced. As for wheel hop...this helped a little bit, but is not a cure all. You cant just buy these and be done with wheel hop.

Bushing Video: https://youtu.be/T2LoDU1lFUw

Subframe Braces: The install again was very easy just be careful of cross threading the bolts. Seemed really easy to do.

The Outcome: The braces really made a difference in how the back end of the car felt while turning, even under normal conditions. I can feel a little more of the transmission/drivetrain movement during shifting, but is very slight. overall it would not keep me from buying them, because of how mush more together the car felt.

Braces Video: https://youtu.be/iTvjKacHJXE

More to come as the installs are finished up and I have time to review their pros and cons.
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Mods: Bama Tuned SCT X4, MBRP Race Cat-Back Exhaust, AirRaid CAI, Eibach Pro-kit Springs, 3.55 gears, 20" Foundry Wheels, APR Splitter

Seatown Stang is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang DIY and Technical

2015 mustang