Diagnosing HID problem - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang DIY and Technical

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-06-2015, 10:35 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Diagnosing HID problem

I recently installed Raxiom's smoked headlights. When I went to aim them last night, my left one looked dim and curved on the wall. I know this isn't right so I was wanting to get your opinions on what could be the problem. You can see it in the picture. Thanks for any help! Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1441553690.848461.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	273.0 KB
ID:	190742
Mustang Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-06-2015, 04:50 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Most likely a bulb seating issue. Make sure it is seated properly in the projector.
S197 GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 06:27 PM   #3
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Is the housing the right one for an hid,
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-09-2015, 07:50 AM   #4
Site Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang Coyote View Post
I recently installed Raxiom's smoked headlights. When I went to aim them last night, my left one looked dim and curved on the wall. I know this isn't right so I was wanting to get your opinions on what could be the problem. You can see it in the picture. Thanks for any help! Attachment 190742
Hey Coyote - I'm concerned that you may have a faulty adjuster on your Headlights and I'd like to get you set up with a replacement order.

Shoot me a PM with your order info and I'll work with you in private to get you set up today.

Alex
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 10:08 AM   #5
Site Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
PM Received and replied sir! I'll get everything shipped out for you shortly.

Let me know if you have any questions at all about the return/exchange and I'm here to help.

Alex
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 08:32 AM   #6
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Welcome to putting HIDs in a housing designed for Halogens. Don't be surprised if your replacement lights do the same thing but hopefully not.

Also, most of the "plug and play" kits people buy these days do not use laser aligned bulbs or quartz glass. Example is the garbage DDM kits everyone seems to try to run. Not laser aligned, not quartz glass, zero quality control and not any brighter than a good halogen to boot. VVME and Kensun are the same way, as are all cheap kits. Really if you don't get a Morimoto kit or an OEM takeoff you might as well not even bother. Hopefully this is not another DDM kit...

edit: Great service from AM here no questions asked but would not be surprised if the replacement set does the same thing. IMO, vendors and manufacturers should put a big Not Designed for HID stamp on lights that are not specifically HID projectors and designed exclusively as such.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 01:58 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Diagnosing HID problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Welcome to putting HIDs in a housing designed for Halogens. Don't be surprised if your replacement lights do the same thing but hopefully not.

Also, most of the "plug and play" kits people buy these days do not use laser aligned bulbs or quartz glass. Example is the garbage DDM kits everyone seems to try to run. Not laser aligned, not quartz glass, zero quality control and not any brighter than a good halogen to boot. VVME and Kensun are the same way, as are all cheap kits. Really if you don't get a Morimoto kit or an OEM takeoff you might as well not even bother. Hopefully this is not another DDM kit...

edit: Great service from AM here no questions asked but would not be surprised if the replacement set does the same thing. IMO, vendors and manufacturers should put a big Not Designed for HID stamp on lights that are not specifically HID projectors and designed exclusively as such.

Erm...you are quite wrong. These are specifically for my factory HIDs. Had them for my precious factory HID '12. Worked perfectly fine. But just like every other human made product, there will be defects. Besides, I could've messed up on the install. Your ignorance humors me.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/headli...-1314-hid.html
Old 09-10-2015, 03:25 PM   #8
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Jumped the gun a bit, was not aware that Raxiom made an actual HID projector for replacing the factory ones.

I'll chalk this one up to ignorance yes and being so jaded by 99% of ppl with aftermarket housings running junk HID PnP kits in said aftermarket housings that are designed for halogens.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 04:07 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Jumped the gun a bit, was not aware that Raxiom made an actual HID projector for replacing the factory ones.

I'll chalk this one up to ignorance yes and being so jaded by 99% of ppl with aftermarket housings running junk HID PnP kits in said aftermarket housings that are designed for halogens.

No problem. I can't blame you though, the blinding nature of HIDs in halogen housings are very aggravating. Cheers mate.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang DIY and Technical