Clutch fluid line - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang DIY and Technical

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-12-2015, 11:56 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Clutch fluid line

Replaced clutch fluid line. Everything seemed to go well. Bled it as directed (pumped pedal 100x plus), drove fine, then pedal dropped a bit after about an hour. Bled again as directed. Was fine then dropped a bit again. Any idea what's up here? This is a self bleeding system on a 2015 GT.
COYOTE6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2015, 04:50 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Self clutch bleed didn't work. This procedure in the linked video did work except had to use different size stopper, had to repeat process about ten times and then I tried lifting the pedal to check for upward play and it popped up. Yay. Did a few more cycles. Seems perfect.

Mustang clutch bleeding procedure:

http://youtu.be/HkmFh7hxico

That all said replacing the factory clutch fluid line with Steeda stainless steel was a success. Dealer replaced clutch at 3000, and was still experiencing difficulties clutching into gear, particularly into first without either going to fast or too slow on release. Car is nearing perfection.
Old 12-15-2015, 09:08 AM   #3
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
on my 2012 I had to re-bleed it the next day (easier than day 1). I'll toss out my hint of tying a piece of string to the clips BEFORE you remove them as they are hard to find if they go flying.
Advertisement

Old 12-15-2015, 03:49 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Clutch fluid line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Mud View Post
on my 2012 I had to re-bleed it the next day (easier than day 1). I'll toss out my hint of tying a piece of string to the clips BEFORE you remove them as they are hard to find if they go flying.

On my 2015, the clips were secured... They only slid out far enough to allow removal and installation of line then popped back in. I wouldn't count on this nice feature in future but it was a small relief.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang DIY and Technical