Mustang Evolution Forum banner

P0340

1K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  straybullitt 
#1 ·
Getting this code on my '00 v6. Changed the cam sensor (no change). Heard alternator! Can i just swap my alternator for my '02 gt just to try it out.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#7 ·
Einstein says that the definition of "insane" is doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting a different result.

So no. One new camshaft sensor is probably enough for right now.
You need to start looking into the wiring circuit for the camshaft sensor. Verify that there is continuity, and that there is no damage to the wiring.

#8 ·
If the cam sensor, wiring and pcm are good it could be a issue with the timing. The chain could have jumped a tooth. A cam / crank sensor correlation test can be done with a lab scope. Or the timing could be checked the old fashion way by taking the chain covers off and seeing if the trimming is correct. No work has been done to it recently ? This is push rod engine with a small chain that usually don't have the issues which is more common in overhead cam engines. Another thing is some after market sensors have issues. Is it a own part? Just because a part is new doesn't mean something is not wrong with it.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Mustang Evolution mobile app

---------- Post added at 03:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:47 AM ----------

Is it a oem part*

Is it a oem part*

Also make sure the connector is free of corrosion.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.