Another look at the 2015 - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-12-2012, 10:31 PM   #71
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85

If there were no more mustangs to be had, I would be looking for a BMW M3, 370Z, EVO, or just about any damn thing but a Camaro or Challenger. The only GM car that I would have considered was the G8 or GTO, but they killed both of them. The Camaro is junk (imo) and the Challenger needs a diet, there are much better cars to be had in my book.
I'm not why they killed the G8. This seemed to fit right I'm with what ppl wanted. Maybe I'm wrong, but it is a nice ride. The GTO was made by an Australian car co. that GM basically purchased, wasn't it?
Advertisement

Old 06-12-2012, 10:33 PM   #72
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Re: Another look at the 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post
I'm not why they killed the G8. This seemed to fit right I'm with what ppl wanted. Maybe I'm wrong, but it is a nice ride. The GTO was made by an Australian car co. that GM basically purchased, wasn't it?
Yeah something like that, I never saw why that mattered though.
Old 06-13-2012, 03:59 AM   #73
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure

Holden. Yes. The g8 was made there too
Advertisement

Old 06-13-2012, 07:55 AM   #74
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I am not all that partial to GM but the G8 was a pretty bad *** car, perfect for the guy that has a family and can still have some balls under the hood. I wish ford would come out with a muscle car with four doors.
MedicDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 08:01 AM   #75
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedicDave
I am not all that partial to GM but the G8 was a pretty bad *** car, perfect for the guy that has a family and can still have some balls under the hood. I wish ford would come out with a muscle car with four doors.
They have the Taurus SHO, but not quite the balls of a G8. Plus, v6 sound
Old 06-15-2012, 10:37 AM   #76
Registered Member
Regular

I'd like to see the ecoboost v6 that the F150s have in the mustang
Thors5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 10:22 PM   #77
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85
I like how everyone is saying that this is going to "ruin" the Mustang. Do you all remember the Mustang II and the Fox Mustangs? How is this going to "ruin" it more than those turdballs did?

The fact of the matter is that Ford realizes that they have to appeal to the younger generations and the global marketplace. That is the way of things now, you can't build a car to cater to a niche market and sell it for $35k.

I'm not just pulling this out of my *** either, lets look at the Mustang sales numbers source: wikipedia

Calendar Year American sales
1999 166,915
2000 113,369
2001 169,198
2002 138,356
2003 140,350
2004 129,858
2005 160,975
2006 166,530
2007 134,626
2008 91,251
2009 66,623
2010 73,716
2011 70,438

People are tired of the retro styling and it does not appeal to the masses. Sales actually dropped with the introduction of the more powerful engines in 2011, following a departure from the retro styling in 2010 which increased sales. I think you can fill in the blanks here.

Also, the Coyote and Cyclone aren't going anywhere, but I'm not shocked at all that we are seing an ecoboost 4cy being introduced. Besides, it's not like this is the first four cylinder mustang.
You're leaving an important fact. The economy began tanking in 2008 and continued as well as increased gas prices. You'd have look at all car sales and by mfg. I don't the drop in mustang sales equates to body style necessarily.

Yeah it must have a certain younger generation appeal. But at the same time most people under 25 can't afford the insurance or the price of a GT. it must appeal to a broad age group.

289 - Holley 4150 570cfm; Performer intake; mild cam; MSD HEI; 302 heads; Roller Tips; Hedman Tri-Y headers; H-pipe w/Flowmaster 40's; 9 in posi 3.50; 205/50-17F; 225/50-17R.
Aggiesrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 10:24 PM   #78
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggiesrok

You're leaving an important fact. The economy began tanking in 2008 and continued as well as increased gas prices. You'd have look at all car sales and by mfg. I don't the drop in mustang sales equates to body style necessarily.

Yeah it must have a certain younger generation appeal. But at the same time most people under 25 can't afford the insurance or the price of a GT. it must appeal to a broad age group.
I mentioned the economy already. The early decrease happened around 9/11
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 10:13 AM   #79
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggiesrok

I think the economy played a part in us, as did gas prices, but unemployment and fuel cost were at an all time high in 2010 but there was an increase in sales which leads me to think that it wasn't the only driving factor.

Keep in mind that a lot of people under 25 can afford a v6 and they are the same platform. There is a lot more to the mustang market than the gt enthusiast crown.
Old 06-16-2012, 03:55 PM   #80
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Fu+@" disgusting!! That's NOT A MUSTANG! There's a price of crap m3 , evo, euro turd rapped up together . That's fine for wants a global market, go get it. U just lost the us market l
The Darkside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 03:56 PM   #81
Road Trip!

Isn't it.just a prototype still? No reason for anyone to get bent out of.shape yet.
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 04:10 PM   #82
Road Trip!
Supporter

Region: Missouri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Cheema View Post
Fu+@" disgusting!! That's NOT A MUSTANG! There's a price of crap m3 , evo, euro turd rapped up together . That's fine for wants a global market, go get it. U just lost the us market l
Easy there Ken, it's not set in stone just yet.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 06:51 PM   #83
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Horse

Easy there Ken, it's not set in stone just yet.
Sorry got over heated lol I love the traditional style of the car. When u c it u know... Mustang!
The Darkside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 03:00 AM   #84
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Cheema

Sorry got over heated lol I love the traditional style of the car. When u c it u know... Mustang!
You still will with the new one.... want a car where the current car looks like the original? Buy a 911 porsche... I'm ready for something fresh.
Old 06-17-2012, 03:37 AM   #85
Road Trip!
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Cheema View Post
I like the traditional style too. I was thrilled to see them incorporate the look of the older Mustangs into the new ones, but I guess I also have to expect Ford to do whatever it takes to draw in more buyers. I fear that the time has possibly come that a Mustang will no longer look like the Mustang we expect it to.
Old 06-22-2012, 05:49 PM   #86
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure

They have the Taurus SHO, but not quite the balls of a G8. Plus, v6 sound
They need to stuff a 5.8 in it, that would be awesome lol.
MedicDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 06:06 PM   #87
slow281
Regular
Supporter

Region: Nebraska
Can't say I'm a fan and I'm only 18 I am the younger generation. If they don't like the classic style they can go buy a tauras. Like my grandma. There's a difference between being modern and still having class
2003 V6 - Zinc Yellow
1990 LX 2.3 - project
sixpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 08:53 PM   #88
Road Trip!
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixpac View Post
Can't say I'm a fan and I'm only 18 I am the younger generation. If they don't like the classic style they can go buy a tauras. Like my grandma. There's a difference between being modern and still having class
And another "old school" Mustang freak is born.

What bothers me the most is that most of the cars these days look so similar you cannot readily identify them. I don't want the Mustang to fall into that category. As long as they keep it distinctive enough to ID by headlights and taillights alone on a dark night I suppose I can learn to like whatever they come up with.
Old 06-22-2012, 09:12 PM   #89
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Horse

And another "old school" Mustang freak is born.

What bothers me the most is that most of the cars these days look so similar you cannot readily identify them. I don't want the Mustang to fall into that category. As long as they keep it distinctive enough to ID by headlights and taillights alone on a dark night I suppose I can learn to like whatever they come up with.
It is so disturbing how similar cars are amongst each other these days.
Old 06-22-2012, 09:45 PM   #90
Road Trip!
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post
It is so disturbing how similar cars are amongst each other these days.
Makes you think that there is only one designer and he works for all of the car companies eh?
Old 06-23-2012, 01:14 AM   #91

Region: California
I agree with all those that think it looks like garbage. I saw it months ago and thought it belonged in a DC or Marvel movie.
DetroitMuscle50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 11:59 AM   #92
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Europe
I think they neex to change the rear end and make it a bit sharper; however, i would like to point out that Mustangs arent available in europe unless you pay a hefty fee to have it shipped here or buy it from an american that shipped it here(at least in germany). So everyone talking about a global market should calm down, there isnt much of a global market for stangs. There are no euro-spec mustangs. The redesign could be to increase that maket worldwide so it doesnt cost an arm and a leg for europeans and to introduce a eurospec model...if thats the case, ill probably buy one.
crackhutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 12:50 PM   #93
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBluedude
God dammt all to hell! Stop posting these ****ing links to concept cars some artist did with a hardon for fanboy torture. We don't know what its going to look like... we don't know about engines... the only mustang with retro looks is the s197 cars... while I think the new car should modernize and advance, it wont throw away 50 years of mustang heritage. Stop getting all worked up... we should see it at the detroit international auto show next year...
Thank you! I agree, every year they always have some futuristic looking thing and slap a mustang badge on it and it never looks the same after production. Unless Ford wants to lose enthusiast to Chevy and Dodge.
Silver Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 01:49 AM   #94
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackhutch
I think they neex to change the rear end and make it a bit sharper; however, i would like to point out that Mustangs arent available in europe unless you pay a hefty fee to have it shipped here or buy it from an american that shipped it here(at least in germany). So everyone talking about a global market should calm down, there isnt much of a global market for stangs. There are no euro-spec mustangs. The redesign could be to increase that maket worldwide so it doesnt cost an arm and a leg for europeans and to introduce a eurospec model...if thats the case, ill probably buy one.
The next gen mustang is a world car. It will be available in most markets as a regular part of the lineup. There are likely to be euro and possibly even asia only spec engines / options.
Old 06-29-2012, 08:54 PM   #95
Registered Member
Regular

There is no fng way Ford will make a riced out mustang. That picture is of hypothical garbage dreamed up by a guy who obviously likes Misubishi Eclipse's. Mustangs are muscle cars and will always remain that way. Ford wouldnt risk a strong customer base for one of the most popular cars in history by turning it into something that very few people like. As for the engine, historically mustangs are 6 and 8 cyl cars, with a 4cyl mixed in here and there. We'll have to see if that makes a come back, doubt it though.

---------- Post added at 07:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:49 PM ----------

BTW, why now make a world car when the rest of the world is going bankrupt? Cant buy cars, when you can't get a loan from the bank that is being bailed out by the goverment. It will be especially expensive to import anything from the US when the value of a Euro goes down to nothing.
Red Stallion 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 10:30 PM   #96
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Stallion 11
There is no fng way Ford will make a riced out mustang. That picture is of hypothical garbage dreamed up by a guy who obviously likes Misubishi Eclipse's. Mustangs are muscle cars and will always remain that way. Ford wouldnt risk a strong customer base for one of the most popular cars in history by turning it into something that very few people like. As for the engine, historically mustangs are 6 and 8 cyl cars, with a 4cyl mixed in here and there. We'll have to see if that makes a come back, doubt it though.

---------- Post added at 07:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:49 PM ----------

BTW, why now make a world car when the rest of the world is going bankrupt? Cant buy cars, when you can't get a loan from the bank that is being bailed out by the goverment. It will be especially expensive to import anything from the US when the value of a Euro goes down to nothing.
I agree mostly, but there definitely will be a turbo 4 engine in the next chassis life for sure. The reason ford is making the mustang a global brand is that they are shifting all their cars over to the 'one ford world plan' it allows them to produce high quality vehicles for all markets at lower cost by focusing development funding. The mustang will still outsell the world 5:1 in north america.
Old 07-08-2012, 12:36 PM   #97
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
Looks like a Ferrari/ Audi hybrid.... Tisk Tisk Tisk
mattyp511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 07:45 PM   #98
Registered Member
Regular

I'm 25 and my wife is 23. We both love the Retro style mustang looks. So that whole appeal to the younger generation crap is just that. To the guy posting the sales of the mustangs. People have already pointed out the reason is the economy sucks. It has nothing to do with the Retro style. I'm fine with them making it more modern. I like the tail lights on the 13. I even bought one. Just make it look American, not like this. Yes, I know this is not Ford's rendering. It looks awful.
D2theJ2theC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 08:44 AM   #99
Registered Member
Regular

I think they released another picture of the 2015 mustang
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120714_084430.png
Views:	273
Size:	250.2 KB
ID:	58979   Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120714_084438.png
Views:	283
Size:	151.6 KB
ID:	58980  

05MUSTANG4.0L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 08:59 AM   #100
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05MUSTANG4.0L
Id buy that one!
FordAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 09:14 AM   #101
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordAddict

Id buy that one!
id buy it too, but I wished they changed the spoiler Itstoo thick
05MUSTANG4.0L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 09:24 AM   #102
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05MUSTANG4.0L
Now that mustang looks good.
Old 07-14-2012, 09:32 AM   #103
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
I don't like it, looks to much like the current model mustangs. I love the way they look but you can't improve upon perfection so they really just have to redesign it altogether, and I'm excited to see what ford comes up with next. We must be evolutionary to keep up with the future, otherwise the design will get stale and sales will drop

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 09:35 AM   #104
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0
I don't like it, looks to much like the current model mustangs. I love the way they look but you can't improve upon perfection so they really just have to redesign it altogether, and I'm excited to see what ford comes up with next. We must be evolutionary to keep up with the future, otherwise the design will get stale and sales will drop
+1 I agree. Especially if they're not changing performance than they can't leave it like that, just won't work.
Babystang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 12:41 PM   #105
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babystang

+1 I agree. Especially if they're not changing performance than they can't leave it like that, just won't work.
They are changing performance. The 2015 will get irs and some kind of turbo 4. As long as the car is smaller it will sell well overseas because there aren't a lot of mustangs right now. The mustang looks different already. All these other cars look the same. Every car I see now looks almost exactly the same. Why would redesigning it to look European make the car any more appealing? I think more of an evolution rather than revolution would be better. Either way they'll sell a lot being the 50th and all. I'll be keeping my 13 for a long time if they make it look like a Mitsubishi.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT

« - | 15' mustang vs ? »