2015 Mustang 2 confirmed things - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-25-2012, 11:41 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Re: 2015 Mustang 2 confirmed things

why dont they eco-boost the 5.0 for the mustang,,man that would b unstoppable..They supercharge them but i never heard one with a turbo,,unless it was added

Old 08-25-2012, 01:39 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by mymustang View Post
why dont they eco-boost the 5.0 for the mustang,,man that would b unstoppable..They supercharge them but i never heard one with a turbo,,unless it was added
That would kind of defeat the purpose of the eco-boost.
mrkrabz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 12:31 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkrabz View Post
This is Ford were talking about, not GM
I was just speaking in general. Metro Detroit. It probably wouldn't give an immediate sense of location to someone from outside of the region if I said something like- "you should live out of an RV in the UAW Learning Center parking lot on the corner of Rotunda and Oakwood."

But to go along w/ what you said...yes, he could go to Detroit, work for GM, and still know more about what Ford is planning to do with the Mustang than he does now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ford View Post
Very true, but the winters in Michigan are a killer I hear.
Car culture around here during the spring/summer/fall more than makes up it!
hpisloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-26-2012, 12:35 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

[QUOTE=hpisloud;1283338]I was just speaking in general. Metro Detroit. It probably wouldn't give an immediate sense of location to someone from outside of the region if I said something like- "you should live out of an RV in the UAW Learning Center parking lot on the corner of Rotunda and Oakwood."

But to go along w/ what you said...yes, he could go to Detroit, work for GM, and still know more about what Ford is planning to do with the Mustang than he does now.

I really doubt a worker for a company would know more about an competitor company then an average person.
mrkrabz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 10:21 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01saleenSC

If they don't need the power than they should find a different car, I guess ford is going to start making their mustangs for homosexuals who are worried about the ozone , and global warming and **** !
Hahahahahaha that's awesome... I completely agree!! Hell yea
mattyp511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 11:58 AM   #41

The 4 was in the SVO & it was a pretty decent car--but priced with the V8's more people chose them over the turbo 4's (there was also a non-turbo version, that was the grocery getter).
Rob O. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 01:46 PM   #42
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
I'm sure I would hear speculation a lot quicker living in the Detroit metro. I've heard of people seeing the cars driven a few weeks before they are delivered to dealers.

But I hate cold weather. I cant take 30's as a daily HI. 50 is cold enough.
Old 09-03-2012, 09:05 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Who knows if it is even a turbo eco boost. Back when they started TALKING about an ecoboost, they were supposed to be dual turbos, then down to one, and now they have N/A ecoboosts. So the turbo is not the ecoboost. The actual ecoboost is a bunch of little smart things they did to the engine to make it so efficient, yet powerful. When the 2010s came out, I thought they would be eco boost 6s, the 368hp. Then when I heard the power and mileage, for 2011, I thought yes!

But no, just 6 speeds with LRR tires, and no spare tire. I wouldn't mind a 4 and 6, because power is power. If they make a 2 cylinder with 400hp, and 34 mpg, I'll buy it. Numbers and names don't mean as much as real performance. The 2009 v8 had 300hp. Now the v6s do. Get a 4 that does it, fine with me.

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 11:34 PM   #44

Region: Canada
I heard there was a possibility of the 2014 mustang becoming a four door. When I was giving this information I almost cried. Please someone tell me it's not going to happen!
CodyWaddingham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 11:41 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Pleaseeee nooooo
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1363394815.jpg
Views:	1439
Size:	154.9 KB
ID:	68357  
Old 09-13-2012, 12:10 AM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneBad3.7
Pleaseeee nooooo
Wasn't that an April fools joke?
CYCLON37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 12:46 AM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

I've said it once and ill say it again. By the 4th year in the new body style we will see a 4t@300hp, a direct injection 6 around 350, possibly a 6t/tt at 415. A direct injection 5.0 V8 at 480-500 hp and while the 5.8 will be around awhile I bet we see a 5.0t/tt over 700hp.

Price is gonna go up, size and weight are gonna go down. You will see a flappy paddle dual clutch. Probably 7 speed. Possibly a 7 speed manual. And I love all of it.
Old 09-13-2012, 07:42 AM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBluedude
I've said it once and ill say it again. By the 4th year in the new body style we will see a 4t@300hp, a direct injection 6 around 350, possibly a 6t/tt at 415. A direct injection 5.0 V8 at 480-500 hp and while the 5.8 will be around awhile I bet we see a 5.0t/tt over 700hp.

Price is gonna go up, size and weight are gonna go down. You will see a flappy paddle dual clutch. Probably 7 speed. Possibly a 7 speed manual. And I love all of it.
I doubt this. Although it would be nice, price doesn't go down with innovation. That is why our rear axle is still live. I thought that I read that an independent rear would cost 5,000 USD more per car, but that may be a bit higher. It was in an article comparing the Mustang and Camaro, if I remember correctly. We just got new engines, I doubt they will be ditching them soon. Do I know? Heck no. Could you be completely right? Absolutely.

But I don't think we will get five new engines with a generation change. An individual in the past brought up going Toyota FT86 style with much less power, less weight. It could be, it has happened before. I would anticipate the redesign with the same engines. They want to sell cars, they won't redo everything at once. Redesign with new suspension. Then, the NEXT gen will be the new engines. Although I would expect some type of four in our cars before CAFE, like the 300 hp as base, SHO Ecoboost giving 368 before new changes to the GT. I would think they want to keep their current spread. 305, 420ish, 444, 672.

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
Old 09-13-2012, 08:56 AM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada

Well FORD is just trying to keep up with the Federal Standards of CAFE which will require all top vehicle MFG's to have a fleet average MPG of 31.6 by 2015 and 34.1 by 2016.

So it looks like they are throwing in a Mustang that the consumer likes? Or may like and boosting their fleet average MPG. So needless to say it will be interesting to see the final product.

This also allows us to still see them mfg the muscle car version of the Mustang an avg of 18 mpg. I'm not complaining

New Federal CAFE standards officially released, 34.1 mpg by 2016
Old 09-13-2012, 09:15 AM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
The 4 door article was written 4/1/2012. At the end of the article it says April Fools.
Midnight2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 09:40 AM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Just saw an article on Mustangs Daily mentioning the Eco Boost @ 250HP as the entry-level, then the 6, then the 8. Of course, I still consider all this speculation. None of us outside the actual development team will know until Ford makes an official announcement. For example:

Quote:
Mustang coming to Europe
Ford today announced the legendary Mustang will go on sale in Europe.

"You only have to look at the incredible response to Mustang when it has appeared this summer at the Goodwood Festival of Speed, in the U.K., and at the Le Mans Classic, in France, to get a sense of the excitement this American icon generates across Europe,” Odell said. “The Mustang is uniquely Ford and has a huge fan base here in Europe. Now those fans have something to look forward to and we look forward to providing more details in the near future.
From: Ford Launches Major Product Acceleration in Europe: Targets Profita ... - Press Release

So now we DO know the Mustang is heading to Europe. To me that makes the Mustangs Daily article quite believable.
claudermilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 10:02 AM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada

From: Ford Launches Major Product Acceleration in Europe: Targets Profita ... - Press Release

So now we DO know the Mustang is heading to Europe. To me that makes the Mustangs Daily article quite believable.[/QUOTE]

I did read that last week about the Europe transition. They are tired of GM having the market over there and have stepped up to the plate. Awesome
Old 09-13-2012, 04:41 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
How about they get better milage from other vehicles and leave the mustang alone? Anyone know our fleet average now? I think they should drop some of the vehicles we have now to increase our average. We've got 5 different SUV's. Do we really need 5? I think 3 would be enough. Dropping two gas guzzling SUV's would increase our average. I think the Taurus or the Fusion should be dropped. They're both mid-size sedans that don't get great MPG's. I believe both have an AWD option?? But they are too similar imo. Get rid of one and obtain better milage from the other. Also think the Fiesta should go as it's too similar to the Focus, but it gets good MPG's so I can let it slide.... Drop some gas guzzlers, increase MPG's on the family and eco cars and leave the sports cars alone. We don't need the price of the Mustang to go up anymore.

---------- Post added at 05:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:37 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc

I doubt this. Although it would be nice, price doesn't go down with innovation. That is why our rear axle is still live. I thought that I read that an independent rear would cost 5,000 USD more per car, but that may be a bit higher. It was in an article comparing the Mustang and Camaro, if I remember correctly. We just got new engines, I doubt they will be ditching them soon. Do I know? Heck no. Could you be completely right? Absolutely.

But I don't think we will get five new engines with a generation change. An individual in the past brought up going Toyota FT86 style with much less power, less weight. It could be, it has happened before. I would anticipate the redesign with the same engines. They want to sell cars, they won't redo everything at once. Redesign with new suspension. Then, the NEXT gen will be the new engines. Although I would expect some type of four in our cars before CAFE, like the 300 hp as base, SHO Ecoboost giving 368 before new changes to the GT. I would think they want to keep their current spread. 305, 420ish, 444, 672.
I agree, our current engines are great. They get great MPG's for their class and some great power. I don't see them redesigning everything at once. Think the current engines will stick around for now. They're brand new! I could see an eco-4 coming in. And I'm all for it if they're making a smaller, lighter stang.
CYCLON37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 03:52 AM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

You can bet money on direct Injection. It's a fuel economy thing and both the current 3.7 and 5.0 heads have clear locations for a direct injection setup. The only additional engines I mentioned is the 4 and t/tt8. Di is a big step but it isn't a whole new engine by any means.
Old 09-14-2012, 07:34 AM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBluedude

4t, di6, 6t, di8, 5.0t would all be new for us, though. Right? I don't think we have any of those. I seriously ask, I am not mechanically inclined with engines. We have a 300hp range, so unless it is crazy more fuel efficient, I doubt t will happen soon. 350 is too close to 300. A t6 wouldn't make sense, when we have the 5.0, unless fuel economy, tt or just t on the 5.0 seems unlikely, to me. I feel like Ford makes something that they want us to build up. I would think the 5.8 super has more room to grow than a t/tt 5.0. And that puts the GT and the GT500 too close together.

I don't know, but the way Ford has been the past few years, I think we will stay the same for the 2015 year, but maybe a new suspension. Then, 2016/2017 will be new engines. Really, it is dumb to do it beforena body style change, sales wise. A new body style will sell no matter the driveline, like 2010.

Old 09-14-2012, 10:06 AM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Adding direct injection to the current 6 & 8 is still using most of the engineering that has been invested in the engines. It's not the same as a whole new engine like the Coyote was. Way too early to drop that platform.

I don't have a problem with the idea of an EcoBoost 4 being introduced as the entry-level Mustang. That will suffice for the people who want the style, but aren't enthusiasts. It will allow Ford to keep making the GTs that we gearheads all want. But, then, I'm not a hardcore Msutang traditionalist either. If I had the option for an IRS in my '13 I would have jumped at it.
claudermilk is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT

Tags
2015 mustang