EcoBoost Shelby Mustang - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-13-2013, 02:51 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
EcoBoost Shelby Mustang

Just wondering if anyone has seen this write up? It says "2013" but I highly doubt that considering... If this is true I could see it happening in 2015 along with other major changes to the Mustang lineup. It would definitely be a change for the image of Shelby to a more eco friendly concept..... MEH!

Shelby to Build an EcoBoost Mustang?
gmcmanus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2013, 08:30 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
All eco boost means is "turbocharged and direct injection" sure it turns out better fuel economy numbers but it's really just a badge for an employed technology.

Imo, bring them on.
Old 01-13-2013, 10:32 AM   #3
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
They won't do that to the Shelby, they will have so many riots to deal with lol.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2013, 11:57 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
They won't do that to the Shelby, they will have so many riots to deal with lol.
They're already talking about offering a turbo 4 option and its confirmed to be offered in Europe, which is the perfect place for a turbo 4. The euro part of the equation is going to ruin this car.

289 - Holley 4150 570cfm; Performer intake; mild cam; MSD HEI; 302 heads; Roller Tips; Hedman Tri-Y headers; H-pipe w/Flowmaster 40's; 9 in posi 3.50; 205/50-17F; 225/50-17R.
Aggiesrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:36 PM   #5
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggiesrok View Post
They're already talking about offering a turbo 4 option and its confirmed to be offered in Europe, which is the perfect place for a turbo 4. The euro part of the equation is going to ruin this car.
As long as it keeps its American roots, And yea i did hear that they were going to bring back the SVO.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:37 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
By the time they decide to Eco boost the mustang it's probably going to be SVT cobra instead of Shelby.
ShelbyGT500B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 01:26 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyGT500B View Post
By the time they decide to Eco boost the mustang it's probably going to be SVT cobra instead of Shelby.
I'll bet Shelby becomes like Saleen and totally aftermarket and not interested so much with Ford. They've already come out with the 2013 GT350 from Shelby only. It'll be V6, GT and ecoboost SVT.

289 - Holley 4150 570cfm; Performer intake; mild cam; MSD HEI; 302 heads; Roller Tips; Hedman Tri-Y headers; H-pipe w/Flowmaster 40's; 9 in posi 3.50; 205/50-17F; 225/50-17R.
Old 01-13-2013, 01:33 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:

I'll bet Shelby becomes like Saleen and totally aftermarket and not interested so much with Ford. They've already come out with the 2013 GT350 from Shelby only. It'll be V6, GT and ecoboost SVT.
I totally agree.
ShelbyGT500B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 01:10 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
As long as it keeps its American roots, And yea i did hear that they were going to bring back the SVO.
+1
Marc3.71994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:32 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
The last time that shelby came back to Ford the company made sure they couldnt lose his name again. Ford owns all rights to the Shelby name and all associated name plates and badges. And now that the ledgend has left us, I really doubt that ford will ever stop using the name Shelby.
fultonboy09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:26 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by fultonboy09 View Post
The last time that shelby came back to Ford the company made sure they couldnt lose his name again. Ford owns all rights to the Shelby name and all associated name plates and badges. And now that the ledgend has left us, I really doubt that ford will ever stop using the name Shelby.
That doesn't mean they will offer a Shelby line. They can still have different dealers offer Saleen or Roush as an aftermarket upgrade and not give up the name. It's odd that they offer a GT350 2013 through Shelby American only, which nearly outperforms the GT500 from Ford. I noticed that Shelby has their own booth at the Detroit Auto Show separate from Ford, is this new or do they always do this? I don't think they are scrapping Shelby, just changing how the cars are made available and allowing a SVT type car from Ford.

Old 01-16-2013, 09:53 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by fultonboy09
The last time that shelby came back to Ford the company made sure they couldnt lose his name again. Ford ows all rights to the Shelby name and all associated name plates and badges. And now that the ledgend has left us, I really doubt that ford will ever stop using the name Shelby.
I have never seen the official signed documentation, but in one of fords quarterly document I read a line for name royalty payments. Further investigation found that ford was paying Shelby big money per car to lisence his name. I have never seen a financial document or official document that showed Ford bought the outright Shelby name. I do not think we will see it continue much longer.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:14 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBluedude View Post

I have never seen the official signed documentation, but in one of fords quarterly document I read a line for name royalty payments. Further investigation found that ford was paying Shelby big money per car to lisence his name. I have never seen a financial document or official document that showed Ford bought the outright Shelby name. I do not think we will see it continue much longer.
This is absolutly right... but when ford did the deal they made sure to make shelby say that they cant go to any other manufacturer ever again.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:20 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
This is absolutly right... but when ford did the deal they made sure to make shelby say that they cant go to any other manufacturer ever again.
That doesn't mean that the will keep the GT500 line and not push Shelby to a special order third party option. It just keeps them from coming up with another 'Shelby Charger' This expanding to Europe with the Mustang is going to have a bigger effect on the product line than people want to believe.

Old 01-16-2013, 11:22 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Shelby is just as big a name in Europe as he is here... if you remember we wouldnt even have a GT500 if it wasnt for Carrol Shelby being such a successful race car driver in Europe.
Old 01-16-2013, 02:46 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Shelby is just as big a name in Europe as he is here... if you remember we wouldnt even have a GT500 if it wasnt for Carrol Shelby being such a successful race car driver in Europe.
His racing was back in the 50's, early 60's. So, they should have already sold a ton of Shelby GT500's in Europe by now.

Old 01-16-2013, 05:13 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

His racing was back in the 50's, early 60's. So, they should have already sold a ton of Shelby GT500's in Europe by now.
But you cant get a mustang at your local london ford dealership. If you could then they would have! Did you know that the 2nd biggest car club in germany is a mustang club? Why do Americans think they are the only ones who can love American things? We have people here in america that love the honda si, subaru sti, mercedes amg, bmw m, so why cant Europeans love svt?
Old 01-16-2013, 05:27 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
But you cant get a mustang at your local london ford dealership. If you could then they would have! Did you know that the 2nd biggest car club in germany is a mustang club? Why do Americans think they are the only ones who can love American things? We have people here in america that love the honda si, subaru sti, mercedes amg, bmw m, so why cant Europeans love svt?
Exactly that's the point, if they thought they could sell them so great, they would have. If all it took was putting Shelby on the badging. Now they are designing the car to be more euro in hopes of selling a lot of mustangs in europe and hoping that in America, people will just go along with it no matter what since its a Mustang. There are car clubs for the VW Thing, doesn't mean its a popular car. BTW why are saying why can't they love svt, I thought all it took was Shelby. Typically europeans don't want anything that is american in the car world, it's not good enough for them. It's like Cali wine, some are much better than french wine, but the french won't admit it nor will they drink cali wine.

Old 01-16-2013, 05:53 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Exactly that's the point, if they thought they could sell them so great, they would have. If all it took was putting Shelby on the badging. Now they are designing the car to be more euro in hopes of selling a lot of mustangs in europe and hoping that in America, people will just go along with it no matter what since its a Mustang. There are car clubs for the VW Thing, doesn't mean its a popular car. BTW why are saying why can't they love svt, I thought all it took was Shelby. Typically europeans don't want anything that is american in the car world, it's not good enough for them. It's like Cali wine, some are much better than french wine, but the french won't admit it nor will they drink cali wine.
Well thats just because they are french bastards! Lol jk. This is what im trying to say: ford would have sold a **** ton of mustangs in Europe if they offerd them over there. Period. I think the mustang will do very well over there in 2015! That is all im saying. The shelby name will only help sales. In response to europeans not liking american vehicles: we havent always given them the cream of the crop!
Old 01-16-2013, 07:40 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Well thats just because they are french bastards! Lol jk. This is what im trying to say: ford would have sold a **** ton of mustangs in Europe if they offerd them over there. Period. I think the mustang will do very well over there in 2015! That is all im saying. The shelby name will only help sales. In response to europeans not liking american vehicles: we havent always given them the cream of the crop!
Agree on the frenchys. Agree on sending good vehicles, not so much. My fear is they euro out our muscle car and ruin it, but sell lots oversees. We'll have to see what it looks like. I don't want a little turbo 4 mustang.

Old 01-16-2013, 08:13 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Agree on the frenchys. Agree on sending good vehicles, not so much. My fear is they euro out our muscle car and ruin it, but sell lots oversees. We'll have to see what it looks like. I don't want a little turbo 4 mustang.
I think it will look great! The power plants i also worry about though.
Old 01-16-2013, 09:07 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBluedude
All eco boost means is "turbocharged and direct injection" sure it turns out better fuel economy numbers but it's really just a badge for an employed technology.

Imo, bring them on.
+1

Even with the 5.8' it is more efficient than the camaro ss. Yes, 670 hp is more fuel efficient than 4xx some. (to my knowledge)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4
Not really. Fuel economy is a side effect of efficiency. Efficiency makes more power more easily. No one is going to complain about power and fuel economy.

My car has 700 hp! But it gets 25 mpg...ugh...

Quote:

The only thing supporting this is that the 5.8 is supposed to be done with in 2014. i do not understNd why...

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:48 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc

The only thing supporting this is that the 5.8 is supposed to be done with in 2014. i do not understNd why...
Ive seen nothing to suggest 5.8 production will be over in 2014. Fords contract with the company that does the cylinder lining is good for another 3+ years. I wouldn't count it out just yet.

---------- Post added at 10:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggiesrok

Why don't u want a turbo 4?
Old 01-17-2013, 05:48 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Ive seen nothing to suggest 5.8 production will be over in 2014. Fords contract with the company that does the cylinder lining is good for another 3+ years. I wouldn't count it out just yet.

---------- Post added at 10:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 PM ----------

Not spouting this as the truth, but it makes me worried.

http://www.examiner.com/slideshow/20...slide=55269696

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
Old 01-17-2013, 07:24 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I don't like the lag. I don't like the sound. I like a V8. If someone wants a turbo 4, that's great for them, just don't take away the V8. It's got low end torque.

Old 01-17-2013, 10:23 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Why is this relevant? We all know the my2014 mustang is going to be basically the same car as the 2013.

---------- Post added at 09:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggiesrok

I don't like the lag. I don't like the sound. I like a V8. If someone wants a turbo 4, that's great for them, just don't take away the V8. It's got low end torque.
That's all valid but people have said the same thing about the v6 for a long time too. Fact is for the V8 to exist you need a base seller. I'd be happy to see another 4 cyl turbo mustang. Odds are it will be a better performer than the current v6.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:56 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Why is this relevant? We all know the my2014 mustang is going to be basically the same car as the 2013.

---------- Post added at 09:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 AM ----------

That's all valid but people have said the same thing about the v6 for a long time too. Fact is for the V8 to exist you need a base seller. I'd be happy to see another 4 cyl turbo mustang. Odds are it will be a better performer than the current v6.
I understand the need for volume sales. The GT 500 would not exist without the lower models. I'm not saying don't provide a turbo4 option, I just don't want to have the V8 eliminated for a trubo4. I also think it's better to have two basic engine platforms. It's more efficient and cheaper for production. I would also rather have a V6 over a turbo4, you can still turbo the V6.

I still think they could offer a base Shelby car with a NA 5.8 engine and keep the SC version in the GT500. This is why the 07 Shebly GT didn't survive, it was only CAI and badging. But I fear that they are looking to reduce engine size for MPG over HP.

Now the 2014 has no Boss 302 option. It was badass, but too expensive and no back seat. They should have made it 5K cheaper and made the Seca version with seat delete and the badass track car. The only GT bump over premium is the Cal. Special and it has no increase in HP, it's basically a cosmetic. This car should have the NA 5.8 engine. If you get the Cal pkg, you can't get the Track pkg or Brembo pkg. It's crazy the way they have the pkg's setup, it's all based on mfg and not what people actually want.

Old 01-17-2013, 11:08 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
850???? Dayum nasty for sure
{Never Enough HP}
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 05:15 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

+1

Even with the 5.8' it is more efficient than the camaro ss. Yes, 670 hp is more fuel efficient than 4xx some. (to my knowledge)

Not really. Fuel economy is a side effect of efficiency. Efficiency makes more power more easily. No one is going to complain about power and fuel economy.

My car has 700 hp! But it gets 25 mpg...ugh...

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Do you follow our conversations at all? I feel like every time we talk I have to re explain posts that we are talking about, things that are one post or so up.

I said this may be true about ecoboost in the Shelby, as the 5.8 is SUPPOSEDLY being done with in 2014. You said you have not seen anything to support it. Because I do not say things I do not know as fact without a reference, I referenced it. I believe its in the first paragraph that they say it.

Thats why its relevant. The entire article is not about it, but its included in it,

Old 01-17-2013, 08:42 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Do you follow our conversations at all? I feel like every time we talk I have to re explain posts that we are talking about, things that are one post or so up.

I said this may be true about ecoboost in the Shelby, as the 5.8 is SUPPOSEDLY being done with in 2014. You said you have not seen anything to support it. Because I do not say things I do not know as fact without a reference, I referenced it. I believe its in the first paragraph that they say it.

Thats why its relevant. The entire article is not about it, but its included in it,
I said I saw nothing to support the idea that the 5.8 is done in 2014. This is because fords contract for the cylinder lining for that engine has lots of time left on the contract. The link you posted only takes me to a Page with a few pictures of supposed my2014 cars. There was no article attached that i could load.
Old 01-18-2013, 05:56 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I said I saw nothing to support the idea that the 5.8 is done in 2014. This is because fords contract for the cylinder lining for that engine has lots of time left on the contract. The link you posted only takes me to a Page with a few pictures of supposed my2014 cars. There was no article attached that i could load.
I tried the link and it says full article and it shows. For some reason, it won't let me link directly to it. I will edit and see ifnI can add anything.

Edit

http://www.examiner.com/article/ford...weaks-for-2014

Ah, much better. Nothing additional required. The site does not seem like an extremely reputable site, but I don't see any lies about other stuff from a glance. Again, don't know it as a truth, but I am acknowledging it-I hope its wrong.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT