2015 Pricing - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-15-2013, 04:11 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
2015 Pricing

I don't know if this has been covered before, but I didn't see it. I was wondering what you guys think they're gonna charge for the '15 GT. Everything always seems to go up a little every year but with a redesign, it being the 50th anniversary and the IRS being added it seems like it would go up even more. Has there been prices for the '14? Did it go up at all?
kpass3490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2013, 04:41 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpass3490 View Post
I don't know if this has been covered before, but I didn't see it. I was wondering what you guys think they're gonna charge for the '15 GT. Everything always seems to go up a little every year but with a redesign, it being the 50th anniversary and the IRS being added it seems like it would go up even more. Has there been prices for the '14? Did it go up at all?
They went up like $500 on the GT's I think. I'm sure the 15's will have a bigger jump.

289 - Holley 4150 570cfm; Performer intake; mild cam; MSD HEI; 302 heads; Roller Tips; Hedman Tri-Y headers; H-pipe w/Flowmaster 40's; 9 in posi 3.50; 205/50-17F; 225/50-17R.
Aggiesrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:08 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggiesrok View Post

They went up like $500 on the GT's I think. I'm sure the 15's will have a bigger jump.
Yeah that's what I was thinkin cuz of the 50th ani and the IRS people buying are gonna pay for that being added.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2013, 12:30 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Don't they realize that the mustang is a ford not a Lincoln, you shouldn't have to give up so much to own a new one
Cmusstang19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:39 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmusstang19 View Post
Don't they realize that the mustang is a ford not a Lincoln, you shouldn't have to give up so much to own a new one
True I'm hoping it doesn't go up too much and that they do a great job on it cuz I want one.
Old 01-17-2013, 05:47 AM   #6

Region: Ohio
every one is going to pay more, thats why i want to see a mustang that a lot lighter, 2500 lbs. no a/c or heater, no carpet, two seats, alum. front end, you know a race car.
biggwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 08:35 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
It'll go up like the price goes up every year. I don't think it'll go up too much though. They're going to want to stay competitive with the Camaro. So if the price goes too high, they'll lose some potential buyers. Plus it's a Mustang. Supposed to be an affordable sports car.
CYCLON37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:05 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Hears my question regarding pricing of the '15: what about standard equipment? Now that HIDs, LED accents, and LED tails are standard across the range (just hitting exterior here) who thinks they keep that with the new model or who thinks they'll revert back to have cheaper configurations on more base models? I think they'd be nuts to make the new model "cheaper" but theses kinds of decisions are made well above my pay grade
JKLiNx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:09 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKLiNx View Post
Hears my question regarding pricing of the '15: what about standard equipment? Now that HIDs, LED accents, and LED tails are standard across the range (just hitting exterior here) who thinks they keep that with the new model or who thinks they'll revert back to have cheaper configurations on more base models? I think they'd be nuts to make the new model "cheaper" but theses kinds of decisions are made well above my pay grade
I want them to keep the standard equipment. I mean that stuff is starting to become standard on a lot of new cars. I'm just worried about them jacking it up too much cuz of the new IRS and it being a redesign and the 50th anniversary.
Old 01-20-2013, 07:13 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I want them to keep the standard equipment. I mean that stuff is starting to become standard on a lot of new cars. I'm just worried about them jacking it up too much cuz of the new IRS and it being a redesign and the 50th anniversary.
Unless they release as a '14.5 I don't see it being a 50th, and with the IRS they'll just be catching up with the Camaro and making the spec sheet more globally appealing so I don't see them jacking the price for that. I wish I had some inside info on this stuff (not that I'd be able to share) like how I saw the new Fusion a couple of years ago, but they've kept this one from us so far...
Old 01-20-2013, 07:19 PM   #11
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Other
Quote:

Unless they release as a '14.5 I don't see it being a 50th, and with the IRS they'll just be catching up with the Camaro and making the spec sheet more globally appealing so I don't see them jacking the price for that. I wish I had some inside info on this stuff (not that I'd be able to share) like how I saw the new Fusion a couple of years ago, but they've kept this one from us so far...
So if its not a 14.5 then they won't do an ani car? That doesn't seem to make much sense at all..?
Am I misunderstanding what your saying?

It'll be a 35k and up car with all that standard stuff.. W/o those HID's and LED's etc there's now way they can compete in the European market and the car IS going there so........
Old 01-20-2013, 07:59 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

They're gonna have to do an anniversary car, whether it be a '14.5 or the '15 I just didn't think they would do a half year.
Old 01-20-2013, 08:00 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t View Post

So if its not a 14.5 then they won't do an ani car? That doesn't seem to make much sense at all..?
Am I misunderstanding what your saying?
No problem I'll clarify: it was pointed out in another thread that all the anniversary models of late have been x4 and x9 model years. With the 14s already being out (or at least order-able) they *should* be the anni model but I haven't read anything. I only mentioned the 14.5 because of the original being a 64.5 model.
Old 01-20-2013, 08:13 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Maybe they'll finally just make 0's and 5's

---------- Post added at 10:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 PM ----------

Make them the anniversary year that is.
Old 01-20-2013, 08:15 PM   #15
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Quote:

No problem I'll clarify: it was pointed out in another thread that all the anniversary models of late have been x4 and x9 model years. With the 14s already being out (or at least order-able) they *should* be the anni model but I haven't read anything. I only mentioned the 14.5 because of the original being a 64.5 model.
Right.. I think I was one of those who pointed that out.. I think I also went on to explain why the 15' makes the most sense as the ani car/year..
Old 01-20-2013, 08:53 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Right.. I think I was one of those who pointed that out.. I think I also went on to explain why the 15' makes the most sense as the ani car/year..
Meh, I'm sure we could go back and forth on this and pricing forever but its my opinion that it would look foolish to suddenly change how they count years for the anni, and even more foolish to have the starting pricing be nearly $3k over the Camaro. It might not seem like a huge gap but consumers would notice.
Old 01-20-2013, 09:05 PM   #17
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

No need to go back and forth, here is a copy/paste of my comments from awhile back and I still feel this is the logic that will be followed. The 14 will be out soon and the questions will be answered.

A 1/2 year model to start in hindsight may not have been the best idea.. Or worst for that matter.. Sure has made for some interesting convo/debate. But to do an ani car in 14' with a redesign 15' would be an awful idea.. It would not make any sense at all.. Ppl would be steered away from both 14' ani cars because of the pending redesign and steered away from the 15' because of the ani car the prior year(14'). It just wouldn't be logical at all... Then you'd have ppl like me who would be turned off from both based simply on the obvious mishandling of the entire situation if the 14' were the ani and the 15' the redesign.. Hope this makes sense to more then just me..

And a 1/2 year model this late(50years later) is just entirely impractical IMO.
Old 01-20-2013, 09:14 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I still feel this is the logic that will be followed. The 14 will be out soon and the questions will be answered.
I'm not denying that your idea makes logical sense, but when dealing with a major corporation already set in its ways you can usually throw logic out the window. They've already shown with the 40th that model refreshes don't matter with timings of anni releases.
Old 01-21-2013, 06:17 AM   #19
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3915787738.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	33.6 KB
ID:	86635
Old 01-21-2013, 07:10 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
You like posting that pic don't you.
DerekJohnScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:40 AM   #21
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekJohnScott View Post

You like posting that pic don't you.
When it's relevant..
Old 01-21-2013, 08:25 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t
No need to go back and forth, here is a copy/paste of my comments from awhile back and I still feel this is the logic that will be followed. The 14 will be out soon and the questions will be answered.

A 1/2 year model to start in hindsight may not have been the best idea.. Or worst for that matter.. Sure has made for some interesting convo/debate. But to do an ani car in 14' with a redesign 15' would be an awful idea.. It would not make any sense at all.. Ppl would be steered away from both 14' ani cars because of the pending redesign and steered away from the 15' because of the ani car the prior year(14'). It just wouldn't be logical at all... Then you'd have ppl like me who would be turned off from both based simply on the obvious mishandling of the entire situation if the 14' were the ani and the 15' the redesign.. Hope this makes sense to more then just me..

Makes sense, but I was thinking what if they made the ani 14 and redesign 15 to try and sell more, like having an option you know,,, it would be pretty dumb of an idea to do it this way , im just saying,
{Never Enough HP}
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:28 AM   #23
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch View Post

Makes sense, but I was thinking what if they made the ani 14 and redesign 15 to try and sell more, like having an option you know,,, it would be pretty dumb of an idea to do it this way , im just saying,
I would think with the 50th being the most important Ani to date there was likely market research done.. We will see in time I guess.. Hard to know either way for certain. Even though I have my opinion I see what you are driving at for sure.
Old 01-22-2013, 07:56 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpass3490
2015 is not 50th. 2014 is.

Ford told a leading auto magazine that IRS could cost as much as 5k/ vehicle.

2012 GT, 29,145
2013 GT, 30,300
2014 GT 30,750

I would expect Ford to charge us half of the markup for IRS. I would prefer they keep it live, but whatever. Everything changes...

---------- Post added at 08:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKLiNx

The original was NOT a 64.5. That doesn't exist. 64, or 65.

---------- Post added at 08:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:52 PM ----------

Quote:

This does not make sense to me. I think the last model of the generation SHOULD be an anniversary. If the 2015 is going to be world wide, have IRS, and be the paradigm Ford wants it to be, it is a total shift. A whole new beast. We use the 2014 to celebrate the last 50 years. The 2015 looks ahead to the next 50.

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:59 PM   #25
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc View Post

2012 GT, 29,145
2013 GT, 30,300
2014 GT 30,750

I would expect Ford to charge us half of the markup for IRS. I would prefer they keep it live, but whatever. Everything changes...

---------- Post added at 08:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 08:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:52 PM ----------

This does not make sense to me. I think the last model of the generation SHOULD be an anniversary. If the 2015 is going to be world wide, have IRS, and be the paradigm Ford wants it to be, it is a total shift. A whole new beast. We use the 2014 to celebrate the last 50 years. The 2015 looks ahead to the next 50.
We will see.. If you have something official saying otherwise I'd love to read it everything remotely creditable I've read says 2015.. Have not seen anything from Ford.. With the 2014 pricing out and cars about to hit the lot seems like we would have herd something if it were the 14'.. Right?

64 1/2 doesn't exist..... Surely you are not serious.
Old 01-22-2013, 08:11 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

[QUOTE="UltArc;1492016"]

2012 GT, 29,145
2013 GT, 30,300
2014 GT 30,750

Actually there is no 64 they all have 65 vin numbers. The only reason they were called 64.5 is cuz they introduced them in April 64 instead of October. They only did that cuz they were excited and wanted t unvail them at the World Fair. The major difference is before August 64 they came with a generator and after that they switched to altenators. So If they followed the VIN number (which I know they haven't previously done) 2015 would be 50th.
Old 01-22-2013, 08:16 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

We will see.. If you have something official saying otherwise I'd love to read it everything remotely creditable I've read says 2015.. Have not seen anything from Ford.. With the 2014 pricing out and cars about to hit the lot seems like we would have herd something if it were the 14'.. Right?

64 1/2 doesn't exist..... Surely you are not serious.
Nothing official that I know of. I read about the IRS a while ago, at the barbers in Motortrend or Automobile or something similar

And I am very serious. Ford did made a 64 Mustang. And a 65. Some "afficionados" call the second production of 64s the "64.5" which gets twisted around into...confusion, to say it nicely. To my knowledge.

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
Old 01-22-2013, 08:17 PM   #28
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Quote:

Nothing official that I know of. I read about the IRS a while ago, at the barbers in Motortrend or Automobile or something similar

And I am very serious. Ford did made a 64 Mustang. And a 65. Some "afficionados" call the second production of 64s the "64.5" which gets twisted around into...confusion, to say it nicely. To my knowledge.
Read the post above yours.. It's factual
Old 01-22-2013, 08:20 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Yes read my post I've never heard of an actual 64. Idk why my comment ended up in the blue quote section but it's there. Maybe cuz I deleted some of the quote trying not to take up so much space.
Old 01-22-2013, 08:21 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Im thinking just 50th badging on the '14, nothing crazy & easy to keep under wraps. Thats why I went for a '13, so I wouldnt feel bad about modding it out if true.
wheelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:28 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman View Post
Im thinking just 50th badging on the '14, nothing crazy & easy to keep under wraps. Thats why I went for a '13, so I wouldnt feel bad about modding it out if true.
That's completely possible too.
Old 01-22-2013, 08:30 PM   #32
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Quote:

That's completely possible too.
Yup!!! Either way, personally I'm more excited about a more modern redesign then the 'Ani'
Old 01-22-2013, 08:38 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yup!!! Either way, personally I'm more excited about a more modern redesign then the 'Ani'
Yeah same here, they're keeping it really quiet.
Old 01-22-2013, 08:50 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

http://www.mustangmonthly.com/thehis...4/viewall.html

Our 2004 Mustang is a 40th anniversary. From Ford. I have never seen a car registered as a .5 year. I am going to trust Ford, that the 64 is the first year, 14 is the 50th.

Old 01-22-2013, 08:54 PM   #35
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Quote:
http://www.mustangmonthly.com/thehis...4/viewall.html

Our 2004 Mustang is a 40th anniversary. From Ford. I have never seen a car registered as a .5 year. I am going to trust Ford, that the 64 is the first year, 14 is the 50th.
We're amazed at the misconceptions ahoof about those early classic Mustangs; those classified ads worded "For Sale--1964 Mustang. . ." or enthusiasts boasting about their super-rare '64-1/2. Truth is, there has never been a '64 Mustang, ever. And honestly, whom are you kidding? The '64-1/2 Mustang isn't any more rare than one of its '65 counterparts. In fact, there are no '64-1/2 Mustangs at all; that title was coined by enthusiasts. The '64-1/2 Mustang is simply an early-production unit without the refinements that came later. And another thing, Ford never built a production '64-1/2 Mustang fastback.

Truth is, the '64-1/2 Mustang lacks some of the nice engineering refinements and features those post-July '64 steeds have, such as an alternator charging system, a better engine-to-bellhousing marriage, an adjustable passenger seat, and a host of other items.

Read more: http://www.mustangmonthly.com/thehis...#ixzz2IlOc6OYK

You should read your link more closely......

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT