2015 Mustang - Not As Fugly As I Thought! - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-21-2013, 12:05 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
You guys are killing me...This car look fugly because of all the testing instrumentation and bubble wrap. I think this is going to be a good looking car, with the + of more HP, smaller and lighter...it will be a force to be reckoned with. The Camaros and Challengers are going to get a boost of power and whatever cosmedics they decide to do, so this car will be welcome in a sea of drab "same old" looking cars.... Plus the new body styling will allow us to get away from the same 5-6 wheel styles that plague the mustang market...This is just how I feel though, to each his own
BIGHOSS5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2013, 12:13 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
here's a quick color change i just did of one image posted...added pin stripes too

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 12:19 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Mustang !!!! YOU HAVE NO MARBULESS. !!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-901560772.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	138.6 KB
ID:	125003
Black8thElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2013, 12:25 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
You guys can keep knocking it all you want. Change is good and necessary. However, not every change will be accepted by all. Eventually they will come around, and if not, so be it. We dont always have to like everything. That is why there are choices. I personally love my 05-09 look and wasnt a huge fan of the refresher of 10-12, thought 13-14 grew on me more. Many hated the 10 rear but those are the same people with them in their stable. Final product isnt out yet so we cant be too critical of renderings or what others think it is going to look like.
I personally have been promised the 1st one coming through my dealer with a long list of mods lined up and scheduled to get the car ready for SEMA and hopefully my 3rd 5.0 cover

But doesnt the lower part of the front bumper look alot like my BMW M front?

MELLOWYELLOW06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 12:34 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix
here's a quick color change i just did of one image posted...added pin stripes too
Nice looking Ford Fusion.
Old 08-21-2013, 12:43 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Lol I think many ppl are hoping it doesn't look cool or whatever, so that it makes their current body style more future proof... Not gonna lie, I kinda feel that way, but at the same time I know this car will be innovative just like Ford's lineup has been lately... I welcome the euro styling that Ford is now using, I also have a 13 Focus hatchback and it feels so much more refined because of its euro traits
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 12:50 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtstyles2 View Post
Lol I think many ppl are hoping it doesn't look cool or whatever, so that it makes their current body style more future proof... Not gonna lie, I kinda feel that way, but at the same time I know this car will be innovative just like Ford's lineup has been lately... I welcome the euro styling that Ford is now using, I also have a 13 Focus hatchback and it feels so much more refined because of its euro traits
^ as I grab the baby powder ... Lol j/k to each his own ya'know
Black8thElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 07:29 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix View Post
As long as it doesn't look anything like this,...it'll be say least decent. Looks like a hybrid.
TooSlow4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 07:42 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
People See a Quarter of the car, in crappy paint, no trim, and what looks to be pre molded plastic body panels, and they call ford a Judas, and throw the engineers under the bus. Seriously, the body panels look plastic. And just thrown on there. There are no lights, bezels, or anything than primer on this car. And everyone freaks out. I wouldn't be surprised if Ford set up these leaked photos, put an exterior fake body kit on there, just to freak you all out. Then reveal day comes and you're all blown away. I could see ford doing that. I personally like what they've done to the mustang. The 10-14's are very large vehicles. And it's nice to see ford is trimming the fat. You think your 5.0's are fast now, imagine what a 400lb lighter body is going to do with it.
PonyBoyV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 08:33 AM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

In regards to my original post

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130822_083318.png
Views:	297
Size:	276.9 KB
ID:	125125
katynthor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 08:34 AM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by acornsmoke View Post
I'm going to laugh when it's just a fusion bumper to throw it off
Lmao!!
Old 08-22-2013, 09:20 AM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by katynthor View Post
In regards to my original post

Attachment 125125
Well...Looks like I might be getting a Ford "Fusion Coupe" that will have more HP, be lighter and faster than the present Mustang.

The Fusion is a good looking car too...
BIGHOSS5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 09:54 AM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
I have a feeling that this new Mustang is gonna sell like hotcakes... And it's gonna be the critics that's gonna make that happen lol... Don't count your chickens b4 they hatch!!
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 10:03 AM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

No doubt. It's already growing on me.
Old 08-22-2013, 03:17 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Guys,the reason it looks like a Fusion is because this design has been on the board for the Mustang since 2010,they wanted to test it on the Fusion and the Taurus. They waited for the positive/negative response to those vehicles before possibly implementing it onto a Mustang.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 04:44 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Problem is they didn't test it on a mustang , they came out with two production models . Ford has been blending the looks of all their models for the last couple of years. What happens is all the cars in line line lose their uniqueness and originality in the process . The Mustang is different than any other car in the Ford line up jus like a Vette is in the Chevy line up. That is about to change .
Your never going to mistake a Vette for an Impalla coming down the road , you may confuse the fusion/ Taurus , and sadly the Mustang now
Mig44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 05:06 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mig44 View Post
Problem is they didn't test it on a mustang , they came out with two production models . Ford has been blending the looks of all their models for the last couple of years. What happens is all the cars in line line lose their uniqueness and originality in the process . The Mustang is different than any other car in the Ford line up jus like a Vette is in the Chevy line up. That is about to change .
Your never going to mistake a Vette for an Impalla coming down the road , you may confuse the fusion/ Taurus , and sadly the Mustang now
I doubt it,sure the front looks a lot like the Fusion/Taurus, but it's probably not going to be confused. We have only seen the front, check out some renders on mustang6g.com,one is spot on, it is doubtful it will be confused.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 06:42 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
I couldn't agree more, Ford is gonna make the same mistake dodge has.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 06:59 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by MELLOWYELLOW06 View Post
You guys can keep knocking it all you want. Change is good and necessary. However, not every change will be accepted by all. Eventually they will come around, and if not, so be it. We dont always have to like everything. That is why there are choices. I personally love my 05-09 look and wasnt a huge fan of the refresher of 10-12, thought 13-14 grew on me more. Many hated the 10 rear but those are the same people with them in their stable. Final product isnt out yet so we cant be too critical of renderings or what others think it is going to look like.
I personally have been promised the 1st one coming through my dealer with a long list of mods lined up and scheduled to get the car ready for SEMA and hopefully my 3rd 5.0 cover

But doesnt the lower part of the front bumper look alot like my BMW M front?
Now if that's the car, then that is freaking awesome!!!!
Still not a fan of the front.
But that's where modification comes in :p
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 09:41 PM   #55
Road Trip!

Region: Florida
Quote:
I know! From a distance I cant tell the difference between a fusion and a aston marton...

The look of a mustang isnt its identity. I mean look how different the fox body and new edge is. Completely different cars. I hope it resembles nothing of any previous mustang honestly. Thats what will make it unique.
Mikeyt03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 07:14 AM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Just hope that is better than the competition (Camaro). And hope that it has a very quick paddle shift auto transmission to go with the new IRS.
2011 GT Premium, Brembo, 3.73, KONI STRT, Steeda Sport springs, GT500 strut mounts, Strano's adjustable swaybars, 275/40R19 Michelin Pilot Super Sport, HAWK HPS, ATE DOT 4, CS style rear pedestal spoiler, AM Eleanor side scoops, "C style" side decals, Black BOSS style roof vinyl, black custom hood vinyl & Black pony.
M3hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 07:29 AM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
I read somewhere that ford had stated they are moving away from the classic muscle look for the mustangs and starting over with a European style for the 50th anniversary.

Are you serious?? Moving away from the muscle look? That's the whole reason why people buy mustangs. Like other people had said in the forum. They are fixing something that's not broken. I'm so glad I have my 2014 GT. last year of one of the best looking model mustangs out. Anxious for the release, but hearing what ford has said, I have a feeling I won't be envious of not owning one.
United States Air Force
Bonnie12V6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 09:57 AM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Well said Bonnie

If ford wants to cater to the "fast&furious" crowd they should trick out the focus and leave the Mustang alone. It reminds me of the late 90s / early 00 mustangs. No doubt well look back on the 05 to current generation as one of the best.
Mig44 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT

Tags
2015 mustang