Who on ME will buy a 2015..? - Page 10 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT

Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-03-2014, 10:26 PM   #316
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
I'm saying it anyway.

The 2011 & 2012 still look the best of all the years

This don't mean I don't like the 13's & 14's because I do. I just think that the 11's and 12's just look like a Mustang should.

This is whats so nice about Mustangs, There are designs for everybody.

Ronnie

You know...I would tend to agree. I have a 2014, and the 2014 3.7 engine for the money is my fav, especially when you start moding the cyclone it can really give a lot without breaking the bank in gas or repairs...

...but every time I see a buddy stang out there and think "damn that's nice" I always notice it's the 2011 body type. Love that hood and the front fascia.

So ideally...2014 cyclone engine, 2011 front, 2014 rear (can't beat those tail lights man...)...and on the 11's they look kinda cheapish.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2014, 10:35 PM   #317
Registered Member
Regular

Who on ME will buy a 2015..?

Old 11-04-2014, 12:34 AM   #318
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
I love my 2011 but damn your taillights are smoking hot. Lol

The Mustang Source Website is complete trash.

That's what I'm saying...if there was a way to get the front of the 2011 and the rear of the 2014...golden.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2014, 06:12 AM   #319
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
I'm saying it anyway.

The 2011 & 2012 still look the best of all the years

This don't mean I don't like the 13's & 14's because I do. I just think that the 11's and 12's just look like a Mustang should.

This is whats so nice about Mustangs, There are designs for everybody.

Ronnie

I feel the same way. I like the 05-09's best because of the bumpers, but I still like the other s197's too.

2004 Azure Blue Mach 1
IG: @azurebluemach
Old 11-04-2014, 06:22 AM   #320
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by grom80 View Post
That the S197 is special...and that fundamentally we are justified on *****ing about the 2015 fusionastang...

The only reason I can think of for Ford to go back to the typical way of auto manufacturers is that they feel the retro era is pretty much dying away. People are wanting something new, but who knows. It's not as radical as I thought the change would be. The jury is still out as to its real success. I still haven't actually seen one on the road yet. Only in the dealer lots. I thought I would have seen a few on the road by now.

2004 Azure Blue Mach 1
Old 11-04-2014, 06:34 AM   #321
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: Europe
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Us 2011 guys can get the 13-14 taillights for our rides. 😎

Check this out. New from AM

Raxiom Mustang Tail Light Conversion Trim 301043 (10-12 All) - Free Shipping - AmericanMuscle

The Mustang Source Website is complete trash.
Wow, really good to know someone is making this. Best of both worlds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post
I feel the same way. I like the 05-09's best because of the bumpers, but I still like the other s197's too.

2004 Azure Blue Mach 1
Honestly I think the 05-09s are fug as hell up front except for the GT500s. No "hips" out back either for that muscular look.

Quote:
The only reason I can think of for Ford to go back to the typical way of auto manufacturers is that they feel the retro era is pretty much dying away. People are wanting something new, but who knows. It's not as radical as I thought the change would be. The jury is still out as to its real success. I still haven't actually seen one on the road yet. Only in the dealer lots. I thought I would have seen a few on the road by now.

2004 Azure Blue Mach 1
Retro era is not over, the Challenger still looks the same for the most part and the 2016 Camaro seems to be doing what Ford did in 2010 going from the early S197s to the later ones. Except the new Camaro is a totally new platform vs the 2015. Honestly the 2016 LT1 Camaro is the car I have been most eagerly awaiting.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048 34k miles. 99 Cobra 4V swapped, FTBR IRS swapped, exhaust, tuned by James Gordon.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 11-04-2014, 06:38 AM   #322
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
You know...I would tend to agree. I have a 2014, and the 2014 3.7 engine for the money is my fav, especially when you start moding the cyclone it can really give a lot without breaking the bank in gas or repairs...

...but every time I see a buddy stang out there and think "damn that's nice" I always notice it's the 2011 body type. Love that hood and the front fascia.

So ideally...2014 cyclone engine, 2011 front, 2014 rear (can't beat those tail lights man...)...and on the 11's they look kinda cheapish.

Buy a 11/12 V6, convert to the GT nose (or Roush, the Roush is sexy) and then get a set of 13/14 tails. And now with those Raxiom trim pieces they aren't going to have that gap anymore.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048 34k miles. 99 Cobra 4V swapped, FTBR IRS swapped, exhaust, tuned by James Gordon.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 11-04-2014, 10:18 AM   #323
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
I got the tail light trim from Am and it looks better

The trim and deck lid panel look a little shiny in this crappy photo but they really are a dull flat finish and match all the other black plastic parts on my car. I had to use a flash to get the picture.
They don't look as good as the 13 / 14 tail lights but sure look a lot better with the trim.

Ronnie
Old 11-04-2014, 10:37 AM   #324
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

2004 Azure Blue Mach 1

I guess...I'm more pissed honestly at them phasing out the cyclone than anything else and we're probably not going to see many 4 bangers at clubs...thankfully. They may get assaulted...

Let's hope it's a total commercial dive and Ford wakes the hell up...

Old 11-04-2014, 10:39 AM   #325
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Buy a 11/12 V6, convert to the GT nose (or Roush, the Roush is sexy) and then get a set of 13/14 tails. And now with those Raxiom trim pieces they aren't going to have that gap anymore.

Too bad I already have a 2014...so I need to revert hood to 2011 but I think it ain't doable because of the upper fascia.

Old 11-04-2014, 10:40 AM   #326
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

The trim and deck lid panel look a little shiny in this crappy photo but they really are a dull flat finish and match all the other black plastic parts on my car. I had to use a flash to get the picture.

They don't look as good as the 13 / 14 tail lights but sure look a lot better with the trim.

Ronnie

Yeah...still no comparison with the 2014's though. I would seriously consider the raxiom 2014 imitating tail lights for your ride..,

Old 11-04-2014, 11:42 AM   #327
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
I keep thinking of doing it---BUT--

I'm trying to save up enough for a one piece aluminum drive shaft and the a tuner first. It seems like $$$$$ desolves in my pocket anymore.
Ronnie
Old 11-04-2014, 11:45 AM   #328
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'm trying to save up enough for a one piece aluminum drive shaft and the a tuner first. It seems like $$$$$ desolves in my pocket anymore.

Ronnie

That's one of the best mods I ever did ! The driveshaft shop one piece aluminum was amazing on my 2014 v6. So much smoother ride, better times due to lighter weight and rotating mass, far stronger and safer. I'd say definitely do it.

Also if you like to drive fast, the ****ty 2 piece iron stock shaft is rumored to come apart over 110mph, hence ford's speed limiter on stock tune. I've heard of people almost getting killed.

Old 11-04-2014, 11:50 AM   #329
Registered Member
Regular

Check this **** out :

http://youtu.be/LZXBjVIrR08

Old 11-04-2014, 04:32 PM   #330
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin

The 2015 rear end is weak looking.
Old 11-04-2014, 07:11 PM   #331
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Some of the 15 looks good, then it's looks like hell at the same time. Maybe it's trying to be too many things.

I still believe that if not for the pressure of a 50th model, Ford would have developed the 13-14 (S197) for a few more years.

Chevy runs deep, don't step in Chevy.

289 - Holley 4150 570cfm; Performer intake; mild cam; MSD HEI; 302 heads; Roller Tips; Hedman Tri-Y headers; H-pipe w/Flowmaster 40's; 9 in posi 3.50; 205/50-17F; 225/50-17R.
Old 11-04-2014, 07:54 PM   #332
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggiesrok View Post
Some of the 15 looks good, then it's looks like hell at the same time. Maybe it's trying to be too many things.

I still believe that if not for the pressure of a 50th model, Ford would have developed the 13-14 (S197) for a few more years.

Possibly...wound have been good.

Old 11-04-2014, 07:56 PM   #333
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
I have seen a few 2015s in person. THey look a lot better in person in my opinion. When I looked at the pictures on the internet I thought they were pretty ugly and too foreign looking, but in person they look good. Better than the 2014? Nope. Good enough for me to be impressed? Not more than the 2014. Bad enough for me to boycott them? Nope. Id drive one if I found it cheaper than the 2014.

WHat I DONT like is the fakcin 4 cylinder muscle car!! It makes the V6 look like a manly option. And that's saying something right there
Old 11-04-2014, 08:01 PM   #334
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther140 View Post
I have seen a few 2015s in person. THey look a lot better in person in my opinion. When I looked at the pictures on the internet I thought they were pretty ugly and too foreign looking, but in person they look good. Better than the 2014? Nope. Good enough for me to be impressed? Not more than the 2014. Bad enough for me to boycott them? Nope. Id drive one if I found it cheaper than the 2014.

WHat I DONT like is the fakcin 4 cylinder muscle car!! It makes the V6 look like a manly option. And that's saying something right there

That's indeed the main complaint...departed from true muscle car attitude...I don't care what people say, I don't give a damn about the crank numbers and progress doesn't matter...I don't care if ford
Puts out a 900hp hybrid 1 cylinder...There is a pretty defined concept of what a pony car is...that ain't it. And it sounds like ***...

Old 11-04-2014, 08:24 PM   #335
Registered Member
Regular

Exactly. The point behind a muscle car is to have an overpowered, easy to work on, intimidating, land missile. If you want gas mileage, cheap insurance, luxurious interiors, and all kinds of other girly features, then you need to look into Toyotas, kias, hyundais, and other cars that are made for ***** stuff.
Old 11-04-2014, 08:30 PM   #336
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:

Except the 4 banger is much more powerful and moddable... Don't forget all the 4 bangers that have been offered in Mustangs over the years. Nobody is forcing anyone to get the Ecoboost btw, the 6 is still out and obviously the Coyote. However, the 4 banger is going to make a LOT of V6 owners cry unless they've got a blower of their own on there and even then...

Old 11-04-2014, 08:32 PM   #337
Registered Member
Regular

There are some really fun cars that are rwd and handle well that get good mpg. Think Toyota supras, Nissan 240sxs, scion frs, Subaru WRX, Mitsubishi evo. THAT is what I would get if I were looking for better economy out of a performance oriented car. I would totally drive one of those cars (not the evo, evo guys are Dbags) but I happen to want a V8 and that is the niche for muscle/pony cars and we have to keep it that way or they will go away.
Old 11-04-2014, 08:33 PM   #338
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Exactly. The point behind a muscle car is to have an overpowered, easy to work on, intimidating, land missile. If you want gas mileage, cheap insurance, luxurious interiors, and all kinds of other girly features, then you need to look into Toyotas, kias, hyundais, and other cars that are made for ***** stuff.

More than those I would say Lexus and Europeans...BMW, Mercedes, VW...

Honestly, I've said this many times...the 2015 mustang is a nice sports car. But people seam to take offense...

Old 11-04-2014, 08:34 PM   #339
Registered Member
Regular

If you want a fast 4 cylinder car, don't get a mustang. I don't care how fast they are at all. The 4 cylinder could be twice as fast as the v8 and I would still chop a nut out of my scrotum before owning it.
Old 11-04-2014, 08:38 PM   #340
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah I would recommend lexus over BMW and Mercedez. Lexus makes the beamers and mercs look like they are standing still. Mostly because the majority of BMWs DO stand still due to not starting. Ive had my Euro car phase and it is well in the past now. Owning a European car actually turned me into the car guy that I am today. I wont buy a car that has drive-by-wire, an electric shifted tranny, double-din radio, and I prefer a carb. The less electrical technology, the better.
I. will. never. combine. EFI. with. Forced induction. Ever. Ever. EVER. Again.

Fwd is an automatic deal breaker. No questions asked. get it away from me before I puke on it.
Smaller engines than V8s just don't have a place in my life anymore. Yeah I drive 2 hours a day and have bad winters. No I wont buy an econobox
Old 11-04-2014, 08:40 PM   #341
Staff
Regular
Staff

As I've said to each their own. I personally would get the 2.3L Eco in the upcoming Focus RS myself. AWD, torque vectoring, same capabilities are going to make it a 400whp monster with very little work.

Like I keep saying though, nobody forcing anyone to buy one but it does not change the fact that these 4 bangers, once lightly modded, are going to be handing most V6 owners and many surprised V8 owners their asses.

Old 11-04-2014, 08:41 PM   #342
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
I think a lot of the 4 cylinder haters forget that they had a turbo 4 back in the early to mid 80's, and they are still a highly sought after car. In my opinion, a 4 banger in a pony car is no different than v6, aside from the turbo 4 being quicker from the factory. Different strokes, for different folks. Ford is going to sell a ton of them, especially now that they're selling overseas.

Old 11-04-2014, 08:42 PM   #343
Registered Member
Regular

Nobody will pick a mustang, if they're thinking, I want to get a 4 banger.
6 cylinder buyers will be the ones going to the turbo 4 and the 6 will not be an option next year or the year after.

289 - Holley 4150 570cfm; Performer intake; mild cam; MSD HEI; 302 heads; Roller Tips; Hedman Tri-Y headers; H-pipe w/Flowmaster 40's; 9 in posi 3.50; 205/50-17F; 225/50-17R.
Old 11-04-2014, 08:42 PM   #344
Registered Member
Regular

If 4 cylinders start to be associated with mustangs, Im getting a hellcat.
Old 11-04-2014, 08:42 PM   #345
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Except the 4 banger is much more powerful and moddable... Don't forget all the 4 bangers that have been offered in Mustangs over the years. Nobody is forcing anyone to get the Ecoboost btw, the 6 is still out and obviously the Coyote. However, the 4 banger is going to make a LOT of V6 owners cry unless they've got a blower of their own on there and even then...

What "all" ?? The ONLY 4 cylinder in line turbo the mustang ever had was in 1984-1986, there weren't many and indeed it lasted very little...thank God.

And PS...the cyclone is being phased out. My guess...max another 2 years. So it will be a V8 or a euro 4.

Old 11-04-2014, 08:44 PM   #346
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
What "all" ?? The ONLY 4 cylinder in line turbo the mustang ever had was in 1984-1986, there weren't many and indeed it lasted very little...thank God.

And it was a crappy turbo, it was air cooled when dodge was liquid cooled. They didn't last a long time.

Old 11-04-2014, 08:45 PM   #347
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
There are some really fun cars that are rwd and handle well that get good mpg. Think Toyota supras, Nissan 240sxs, scion frs, Subaru WRX, Mitsubishi evo. THAT is what I would get if I were looking for better economy out of a performance oriented car. I would totally drive one of those cars (not the evo, evo guys are Dbags) but I happen to want a V8 and that is the niche for muscle/pony cars and we have to keep it that way or they will go away.

Correct...that's why you are on this forum and not the Lexus one...

Old 11-04-2014, 08:47 PM   #348
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yeah I would recommend lexus over BMW and Mercedez. Lexus makes the beamers and mercs look like they are standing still. Mostly because the majority of BMWs DO stand still due to not starting. Ive had my Euro car phase and it is well in the past now. Owning a European car actually turned me into the car guy that I am today. I wont buy a car that has drive-by-wire, an electric shifted tranny, double-din radio, and I prefer a carb. The less electrical technology, the better.
I. will. never. combine. EFI. with. Forced induction. Ever. Ever. EVER. Again.

Fwd is an automatic deal breaker. No questions asked. get it away from me before I puke on it.
Smaller engines than V8s just don't have a place in my life anymore. Yeah I drive 2 hours a day and have bad winters. No I wont buy an econobox

I wouldn't diss a good V6 either though man...

Aside from that I agree...scrotum excluded. I owned multiple euro cars in the past when I lived in Italy. BMW M3, VW Corrado G60...and I would never go back.

Old 11-04-2014, 08:49 PM   #349
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
As I've said to each their own. I personally would get the 2.3L Eco in the upcoming Focus RS myself. AWD, torque vectoring, same capabilities are going to make it a 400whp monster with very little work.

Like I keep saying though, nobody forcing anyone to buy one but it does not change the fact that these 4 bangers, once lightly modded, are going to be handing most V6 owners and many surprised V8 owners their asses.

And will explode, burn gaskets, leak and loose compression at 50k miles. Been there done that...

Old 11-04-2014, 08:51 PM   #350
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by PonyBoyV6 View Post
I think a lot of the 4 cylinder haters forget that they had a turbo 4 back in the early to mid 80's, and they are still a highly sought after car. In my opinion, a 4 banger in a pony car is no different than v6, aside from the turbo 4 being quicker from the factory. Different strokes, for different folks. Ford is going to sell a ton of them, especially now that they're selling overseas.

Great for them! Not so great for American muscle enthusiasts...the mustang will become the toy of the secretary again...and this is the new emblem.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1415155853.139500.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	217.2 KB
ID:	169205

Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT