Who on ME will buy a 2015..? - Page 11 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT

Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-04-2014, 08:51 PM   #351
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by grom80 View Post
What "all" ?? The ONLY 4 cylinder in line turbo the mustang ever had was in 1984-1986, there weren't many and indeed it lasted very little...thank God.

And PS...the cyclone is being phased out. My guess...max another 2 years. So it will be a V8 or a euro 4.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Try again on your Mustang history.

Yes I know the Cyclone is being phased out but you can still get it now as a no optioned model.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2014, 08:53 PM   #352
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Who on ME will buy a 2015..?

Sorry man...turbo 4 cyl was 1984-1986. Check it...

http://mustangattitude.com/mustang/engine_allyear.shtml

And why should I go for an overpriced and downgraded cyclone ? That has lost power instead of gaining it and the car has gained weight...I would be stupid.

Old 11-04-2014, 09:10 PM   #353
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Quote:
Great for them! Not so great for American muscle enthusiasts...the mustang will become the toy of the secretary again...and this is the new emblem.

Attachment 169205

No offense man, but I dont consider a v6 an "american Muscle car" either its in the same boat as the 4 banger in my book. But do i put down v6 owners for not buying a v8? Nah. I let them enjoy their cars. I think deep down, a lot of the v6 guys are just happy they have someone under them cylinder wise to "turbo 4 bash" after all these years of v6 bashing, from the v8 guys. But that's just my 2 cents.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2014, 09:22 PM   #354
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Sorry man...turbo 4 cyl was 1984-1986. Check it...

All Mustang Engines by Year at MustangAttitude.com

And why should I go for an overpriced and downgraded cyclone ? That has lost power instead of gaining it and the car has gained weight...I would be stupid.

140ci 2.3L 4-Cylinder Mustangs at MustangAttitude.com

From the same site... there were other years for turbo 4s and there were 21 years with some sort of 4 banger offering. Its part of the Mustang heritage whether ppl want to admit it or not.

As I said nobody is forcing anyone to get anything. You don't like a 4 banger or 6? Don't get one. Who the hell cares if someone else does? All I am saying is these new 4 bangers are going to make a lot of ppl eat their hats when it comes to lap and 1/4 mile times.

edit: The V6 didn't lose any power at all. Ford just rated it 5hp lower to make it the low man on the paper horsepower totem pole in the lineup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PonyBoyV6 View Post
No offense man, but I dont consider a v6 an "american Muscle car" either its in the same boat as the 4 banger in my book. But do i put down v6 owners for not buying a v8? Nah. I let them enjoy their cars. I think deep down, a lot of the v6 guys are just happy they have someone under them cylinder wise to "turbo 4 bash" after all these years of v6 bashing, from the v8 guys. But that's just my 2 cents.

Lol yeah till they race one and lose by a bus length because dude spent $450 for a SCT with a few race tunes.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 11-04-2014, 09:31 PM   #355
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
I am so impressed with the numbers that car put down. It's pretty ridiculous. Having a tune/tire car nearly touching 11's, that's impressive as all hell. If I could afford one, I would totally be in one ASAP. But for now, All I can do is sit back, wait for the aftermarket selection to grow, and see what people are going to be able to do with them. At this point, I'd definitely lean more towards the turbo 4 over a sixxer, if i ever had to make that choice.

Old 11-04-2014, 09:37 PM   #356
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by PonyBoyV6 View Post

And by your reasoning then the 3.7 V6 is awesome because it burns any V8 pre 2011.

Honestly, I bought a V6 because my wife mandated convertible...and I could not afford a V8 conv. So I moded the living daylights out of it and got as much performance as I can get without going forced induction...which I may do sooner or later.

Old 11-04-2014, 09:38 PM   #357
Staff
Regular
Staff

I still say the 11/12 Coyote is where its at. Lighter, cheaper, ****ton available in the sub 30k mile range and they are about to dip into the high $teens in the used market. There is a 2011 base model GT with 29k miles on it for sale on SVTP right now for $20k just to illustrate that. I can see the prices on the 11-14s dropping lower in the next year or two which is great for me.

With that said, if you want new and you are DDing the car and you commute... the Ecoboost makes so much sense it isn't even funny.

However... am I the only person in the world who thinks the 2015 interior is meh? I actually prefer the 10-14 interiors. I dunno call me cray cray. I may have to sit in a few more to compare but its just... trying too hard I guess.

Old 11-04-2014, 09:40 PM   #358
Registered Member
Regular

Who on ME will buy a 2015..?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
140ci 2.3L 4-Cylinder Mustangs at MustangAttitude.com

From the same site... there were other years for turbo 4s and there were 21 years with some sort of 4 banger offering. Its part of the Mustang heritage whether ppl want to admit it or not.

As I said nobody is forcing anyone to get anything. You don't like a 4 banger or 6? Don't get one. Who the hell cares if someone else does? All I am saying is these new 4 bangers are going to make a lot of ppl eat their hats when it comes to lap and 1/4 mile times.

edit: The V6 didn't lose any power at all. Ford just rated it 5hp lower to make it the low man on the paper horsepower totem pole in the lineup.

Lol yeah till they race one and lose by a bus length because dude spent $450 for a SCT with a few race tunes.

You're not hearing me...I am not pissed off about then putting out a 4 cyl, although I find it hilarious we are going back to that...but instead of intentionally not developing the cyclone that has a lot more to give with a new manifold and some head work, in favor of this undeniably Euro friendly version. What am I going to do if 3 years from now I want to change out my stang ? If I cannot afford 40k GT I am stuck with a semi-hybrid-euro engine ??

Hopefully I can revert to a used Shelby at that point...but otherwise bye bye mustang for me.

Old 11-04-2014, 09:47 PM   #359
Staff
Regular
Staff

I'd say do what I'm doing and buy used. Like I said, plenty of cherry 11-14 Coyotes (and Cyclones) out there that aren't getting driven because the owners think they are collector cars or something...

Or look to another brand of sports car or whatever.

However, if the S550s follow the S197s as far as how much they'll cost as leftovers, you will probably be able to pick up a nice GT for $27k out the door or whatever the equivalent of $27k is in 3-4 years. That is what the leftover 2014s were (still are a few out there last time I checked) going for.

Old 11-04-2014, 09:48 PM   #360
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I will sell you a 2012 5.0 with 16,000 miles for $29,000.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 11-04-2014, 09:50 PM   #361
Staff
Regular
Staff

I thought you had a 2013 for some reason. Trying to dump the Coyote for a LT1 Camaro or a Vette or something Rap?

Your Coyote has a forged motor too right?

Old 11-04-2014, 09:51 PM   #362
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
I will sell you a 2012 5.0 with 16,000 miles for $29,000.

Yeah but I need to finance...can't pay upfront.

Anyhow I guess used of course is what to do...but I am seriously pissed off at Ford for this cyclone bull**** on the 2015. They basically gave a big middle finger to their biggest selling engine ever....thank you.

Old 11-04-2014, 09:52 PM   #363
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I thought you had a 2013 for some reason. Trying to dump the Coyote for a LT1 Camaro or a Vette or something Rap?

Your Coyote has a forged motor too right?
No sir it's a 12. Yes I want a vette.
Yes it does.

Old 11-04-2014, 09:55 PM   #364
Registered Member
Regular

Carmax anywhere in Southern CA has only this 8 cyl convertible...geez...

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1415159752.186988.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	311.6 KB
ID:	169209

Old 11-05-2014, 01:49 AM   #365
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther140 View Post
I have seen a few 2015s in person. THey look a lot better in person in my opinion. When I looked at the pictures on the internet I thought they were pretty ugly and too foreign looking, but in person they look good. Better than the 2014? Nope. Good enough for me to be impressed? Not more than the 2014. Bad enough for me to boycott them? Nope. Id drive one if I found it cheaper than the 2014.

WHat I DONT like is the fakcin 4 cylinder muscle car!! It makes the V6 look like a manly option. And that's saying something right there

Yeah, I really like them in person. But agree, not better than the 13-14. I think it's equally as good looking though. It just looks newer, if you understand what I mean. More modern looking, I guess what I mean.

While I have respect for the 4 ecoboost, I don't like it either. I will say though that I would consider a plain-jane ecoboost as a daily driver. It would have to be plain and be cheaper, not be the mid performance model as it is now.

2004 Azure Blue Mach 1
IG: @azurebluemach
Old 11-05-2014, 06:15 AM   #366
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
If 4 cylinders start to be associated with mustangs, Im getting a hellcat.
Missed this. As I already linked in the posts before, the 4 cyl has been associated with Mustangs for a looooooooong time. Just not recently since the last "4 banger stanger" was in 93. It is what it is. At least this time around they'll be high powered vs 88hp lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
No sir it's a 12. Yes I want a vette.
Yes it does.

Sweet and that's a pretty damn good price for one too when dudes are wanting $32,000 for 2007 GT500s still. 2012 is also the best year IMO. Gave them a year to work out the bugs of the first year model run and before they ruined the front end of the car in 2013. I seem to remember you mentioning something about a Grand Sport Vette... no I am not a stalker.

Quote:
Carmax anywhere in Southern CA has only this 8 cyl convertible...geez...

Attachment 169209

The new guy at the stealership probably clicked GT500 instead of GT or something. Or is on a bottle of happy pills?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post
Yeah, I really like them in person. But agree, not better than the 13-14. I think it's equally as good looking though. It just looks newer, if you understand what I mean. More modern looking, I guess what I mean.

While I have respect for the 4 ecoboost, I don't like it either. I will say though that I would consider a plain-jane ecoboost as a daily driver. It would have to be plain and be cheaper, not be the mid performance model as it is now.

2004 Azure Blue Mach 1
Lol then get a Ford Fiesta Kia Soul with a 10 year warranty and 35mpg or whatever for $16,000 new. That's what my wife says she wants, one of those types. Just like the V6 Mustangs of yore, there are going to be a lot of ppl who "just like the way it looks" but don't want to pay for the gas/insurance/premium of the V8. Those are the ppl who have kept the Mustang in business over the years. For all the SN95 years the 6 cyl auto was the biggest volume seller by far.

Old 11-05-2014, 07:18 AM   #367
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Missed this. As I already linked in the posts before, the 4 cyl has been associated with Mustangs for a looooooooong time. Just not recently since the last "4 banger stanger" was in 93. It is what it is. At least this time around they'll be high powered vs 88hp lol.

Sweet and that's a pretty damn good price for one too when dudes are wanting $32,000 for 2007 GT500s still. 2012 is also the best year IMO. Gave them a year to work out the bugs of the first year model run and before they ruined the front end of the car in 2013. I seem to remember you mentioning something about a Grand Sport Vette... no I am not a stalker.

The new guy at the stealership probably clicked GT500 instead of GT or something. Or is on a bottle of happy pills?

Lol then get a Ford Fiesta Kia Soul with a 10 year warranty and 35mpg or whatever for $16,000 new. That's what my wife says she wants, one of those types. Just like the V6 Mustangs of yore, there are going to be a lot of ppl who "just like the way it looks" but don't want to pay for the gas/insurance/premium of the V8. Those are the ppl who have kept the Mustang in business over the years. For all the SN95 years the 6 cyl auto was the biggest volume seller by far.
Problem is, good chance the 3.7 will be going bye bye in the very near upcoming years.

The Mustang Source Website is complete trash.
Old 11-05-2014, 08:34 AM   #368
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
You're right and wrong. Yes they had 4 banger options for those years. But the majority were just Econobox engines and not intended to offer any performance. Really, only the 84-86 turbos were supposed to be performance cars as an alternative to the V8. Since the turbo 15's can run with the GT after a tune and small mods, it's a whole different concept and will push out the V6 in all likely hood.

Chevy runs deep, don't step in Chevy.

289 - Holley 4150 570cfm; Performer intake; mild cam; MSD HEI; 302 heads; Roller Tips; Hedman Tri-Y headers; H-pipe w/Flowmaster 40's; 9 in posi 3.50; 205/50-17F; 225/50-17R.
Old 11-05-2014, 08:46 AM   #369
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
And by your reasoning then the 3.7 V6 is awesome because it burns any V8 pre 2011.

No it does not, the 4.6 3v still beats it. Torque my friend.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
Old 11-05-2014, 08:48 AM   #370
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
You're not hearing me...I am not pissed off about then putting out a 4 cyl, although I find it hilarious we are going back to that...but instead of intentionally not developing the cyclone that has a lot more to give with a new manifold and some head work, in favor of this undeniably Euro friendly version. What am I going to do if 3 years from now I want to change out my stang ? If I cannot afford 40k GT I am stuck with a semi-hybrid-euro engine ??

Hopefully I can revert to a used Shelby at that point...but otherwise bye bye mustang for me.

You do know that the euro market isn't the only reason Ford is putting a 4 cylinder back in right?
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
Old 11-05-2014, 09:44 AM   #371
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Problem is, good chance the 3.7 will be going bye bye in the very near upcoming years.

The Mustang Source Website is complete trash.

Oh you can count on it! And then we are screwed...because you either afford a more expensive than ever GT, or you'll have to consistently recycle used...but if you need to finance like I do, then carmax would be the only option pretty much and their prices are honestly far from good.

Old 11-05-2014, 09:57 AM   #372
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
You do know that the euro market isn't the only reason Ford is putting a 4 cylinder back in right?

What else ? Mpg ?? Really...who buys a performance car and worries about not getting Prius level mileage ?

Old 11-05-2014, 10:00 AM   #373
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
What else ? Mpg ?? Really...who buys a performance car and worries about not getting Prius level mileage ?

CAFE MPG standards put in place by the government
Old 11-05-2014, 10:29 AM   #374
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Quote:
Missed this. As I already linked in the posts before, the 4 cyl has been associated with Mustangs for a looooooooong time. Just not recently since the last "4 banger stanger" was in 93. It is what it is. At least this time around they'll be high powered vs 88hp they ruined the front end of the car in 2013. I seem to remember you mentioning something about a Grand Sport Vette... no I am not a stalker.

I missed that too. Yeah, the best known 4 cylinder Mustang was the SVO turbo 4 cyl from 84-86. These were pretty cool cars really. It seemed more fitting for a 4 cyl to be in a "little" foxbody IMO.

I think offered 4 bangers in the 74-78 stangs though they were clearly econo style.

2004 Azure Blue Mach 1
Old 11-05-2014, 10:32 AM   #375
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggiesrok View Post
You're right and wrong. Yes they had 4 banger options for those years. But the majority were just Econobox engines and not intended to offer any performance. Really, only the 84-86 turbos were supposed to be performance cars as an alternative to the V8. Since the turbo 15's can run with the GT after a tune and small mods, it's a whole different concept and will push out the V6 in all likely hood.

Chevy runs deep, don't step in Chevy.

Lol just seen here that you covered it

2004 Azure Blue Mach 1
Old 11-05-2014, 10:34 AM   #376
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
CAFE MPG standards put in place by the government

Are we being forced now to consume less ?? But this is 'Mmerica!!

Old 11-05-2014, 10:34 AM   #377
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yes sir grand sport or a base c6.

It's a real dam good price, considering everything is already done to it. Ready for anyone who wants to make 1,000hp

Old 11-05-2014, 10:37 AM   #378
Registered Member
Regular

Honestly, I have been toying with the idea of supercharging my 3.7...but my worry is that it doesn't just end there. Between kit, dyno tune and labor, you're looking at about 6 grand...but is that it ? Or do you then have to do brakes, gaskets, pistons, injection...blah blah...and next thing you know you are at 10k.

Anyone with that experience ?

Old 11-05-2014, 10:39 AM   #379
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Are we being forced now to consume less ?? But this is 'Mmerica!!

Yep. Stupid car and gun hating president. As well as many other failures with this administration
Old 11-05-2014, 10:40 AM   #380
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yep. Stupid car and gun hating president. As well as many other failures with this administration

Well they voted him in...TWICE. I realized it was a lemon after the 1st year (bailouts)...but I don't wanna turn the thread into a political discussion.

Old 11-05-2014, 10:44 AM   #381
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Quote:
Well they voted him in...TWICE. I realized it was a lemon after the 1st year (bailouts)...but I don't wanna turn the thread into a political discussion.

Bailouts were signed in by the previous administration. Bush! They all are bad. You can't just blame one. I like to blame it all on Congress and the House of Rep myself. After all, they make the laws and the robot just signs the papers.

2004 Azure Blue Mach 1
Old 11-05-2014, 10:54 AM   #382
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Quote:
Honestly, I have been toying with the idea of supercharging my 3.7...but my worry is that it doesn't just end there. Between kit, dyno tune and labor, you're looking at about 6 grand...but is that it ? Or do you then have to do brakes, gaskets, pistons, injection...blah blah...and next thing you know you are at 10k.

Anyone with that experience ?

I personally think this is a waste of money. Unless you specifically want to make a 6 cylinder go fast, you'll save so much money having just bought the GT. Don't give that MPG BS because after you make your 6 cylinder go fast, you won't be getting great MPG anyway.

So, people will call me a hater, but I'm not. I wouldn't buy a v6 Mustang unless I was buying it for daily driving duty and I wanted it to be a Mustang. There is no such thing as a v6 muscle car. The only reason they gave the 2011 3.7 so much power was because of competition. The Camaro v6 had 300hp and the Mustang needed to compete. This is why you are seeing the 3.7 be phased out. Ford now has the ecoboost 4 for the Euro market and it whoops a 6cyl so they are killing two birds with one stone.

Now, everybody knows I don't hate on 6ers on this site and I won't start now, I'm just stating some facts.

2004 Azure Blue Mach 1
Old 11-05-2014, 11:28 AM   #383
Registered Member
Regular

Mustangz hit the nail on the head I think. The Corporate Average Fuel Economy (CAFE) standards took a big jump in 2011 and they are getting bumped up again in 2016. This probably explains the demise of the Cyclone. They are going to have to start making concessions with their engine choices to be able to comply with the new standards.
And we have all been wondering about the manufacturers decisions to build these oversized versions of 60's and 70's pony cars? This Car and Driver article will give you some insight on why they're doing what they're doing...
http://www.caranddriver.com/features...cafe-standards

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 11-05-2014, 12:42 PM   #384
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
Who gives a **** about the 3.7? Its a 3.7. Anything smaller than a 4.6 is point less. Am I missing the point
Old 11-05-2014, 01:00 PM   #385
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Who gives a **** about the 3.7? Its a 3.7. Anything smaller than a 4.6 is point less. Am I missing the point

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT