Who on ME will buy a 2015..? - Page 12 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT

Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-05-2014, 01:23 PM   #386
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther140 View Post
Who gives a **** about the 3.7? Its a 3.7. Anything smaller than a 4.6 is point less. Am I missing the point
Yes. You may be missing the point.
They need to sell a certain amount of cars with the more fuel-efficient engines to counterbalance the cars with the less fuel-efficient engines so that they can comply with the average fuel economy standards, for the entire line of vehicles, set by CAFE.
In essence, we are not going to be able to have the V8's, or whatever "Muscle Cars" that they have in mind, without the engines that are capable of greater fuel-efficiency to raise the average fuel economy number in order to satisfy the feds...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2014, 01:45 PM   #387
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
I'm guessing your just to young to know about:

The "BUICK" Grand Sport.
It was a V6 Muscle car.
Ronnie
Haha no, I'm an old guy. I'm 46 lol. Yup! I remember the Buick Grand Nationals. I really liked them, but not the sound. It's still hard to classify those as "muscle cars", in the classic sense anyway. That was a special car Buick made for a few years. That V6 engine was put in the Trans Am for one year when the T/A was an Indy 500 pace car. 1989 maybe..? They were all white, but the engine had some lessor parts on it or else it would have been faster than the GN's ever were lol.

In my eyes, a muscle car is a V8 powered torque monster that is setup essentially for drag racing. You could agrue the GN was built for just that, so I think I would lose that agruement. All the legendary 6 cylinder Mustangs have been nice, mild manored sporty type cars, up until 2011. It's just hard for me to classify it in with the other muscle cars of the past and present.
Old 11-05-2014, 02:12 PM   #388
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggiesrok View Post
You're right and wrong. Yes they had 4 banger options for those years. But the majority were just Econobox engines and not intended to offer any performance. Really, only the 84-86 turbos were supposed to be performance cars as an alternative to the V8. Since the turbo 15's can run with the GT after a tune and small mods, it's a whole different concept and will push out the V6 in all likely hood.

Chevy runs deep, don't step in Chevy.
That's kind of irrelevant because the way cars are marketed has changed. Unless you get into hybrids nobody makes an 88 HP car anymore that takes 10 minutes to hit 60 MPH. The Mustang V6 or ecoboost isn't really an alternative to the V8 which is abundant when talking to people who buy the GT's. They never even considered a base engine model.

If you look at civics, accords, altimas, etc. they are all marketed as having a certain level of performance to them although there clearly not race cars. That is the market that Ford is hoping to compete with when creating the base mustang. Someone looking for a fun daily driver.

Someone who is shopping for a Civic Si is more likely to buy a base Mustang now as a substitute. Whereas someone buying a GT or looking for that level of performance probable wouldn't consider a V6/ ecoboost as an equal substitute.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2014, 02:13 PM   #389
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by straybullitt View Post
They need to sell a certain amount of cars with the more fuel-efficient engines to counterbalance the cars with the less fuel-efficient engines so that they can comply with the average fuel economy standards, for the entire line of vehicles, set by CAFE.
In essence, we are not going to be able to have the V8's, or whatever "Muscle Cars" that they have in mind, without the engines that are capable of greater fuel-efficiency to raise the average fuel economy number in order to satisfy the feds...
All true, but another point is that the engines don't have to be in the same car line. In other words, mustangs could all be V8 or V10, as long as they have a sufficient number of 4 banger fiestas being sold. Ford sells a lot of non V8 mustangs because of price and fuel economy, which helps their CAFE average and one reason why the V6 will go away. The turbo 4 will really help their average.

289 - Holley 4150 570cfm; Performer intake; mild cam; MSD HEI; 302 heads; Roller Tips; Hedman Tri-Y headers; H-pipe w/Flowmaster 40's; 9 in posi 3.50; 205/50-17F; 225/50-17R.
Old 11-05-2014, 02:27 PM   #390
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarzTA17 View Post
That's kind of irrelevant because the way cars are marketed has changed. Unless you get into hybrids nobody makes an 88 HP car anymore that takes 10 minutes to hit 60 MPH. The Mustang V6 or ecoboost isn't really an alternative to the V8 which is abundant when talking to people who buy the GT's. They never even considered a base engine model.

If you look at civics, accords, altimas, etc. they are all marketed as having a certain level of performance to them although there clearly not race cars. That is the market that Ford is hoping to compete with when creating the base mustang. Someone looking for a fun daily driver.

Someone who is shopping for a Civic Si is more likely to buy a base Mustang now as a substitute. Whereas someone buying a GT or looking for that level of performance probable wouldn't consider a V6/ ecoboost as an equal substitute.
You're backing my point. Ford only made 4 cylinder mustangs for economy, except for the 84-86 and 2015. The original opinion about this implied that a 4 banger performance mustang was very common, by siting the models other than 84-86.

The base model is an alternative to the GT for a large demographic. People less than 25 can't afford insurance for a GT or a GT. for that matter or both together. People that can afford a GT and want the performance will not consider anything less. I would not buy a Mustang that wasn't a GT V8, but that's my preference.

289 - Holley 4150 570cfm; Performer intake; mild cam; MSD HEI; 302 heads; Roller Tips; Hedman Tri-Y headers; H-pipe w/Flowmaster 40's; 9 in posi 3.50; 205/50-17F; 225/50-17R.
Old 11-05-2014, 02:30 PM   #391
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggiesrok View Post
You're backing my point. Ford only made 4 cylinder mustangs for economy, except for the 84-86 and 2015. The original opinion about this implied that a 4 banger performance mustang was very common, by siting the models other than 84-86.

The base model is an alternative to the GT for a large demographic. People less than 25 can't afford insurance for a GT or a GT. for that matter or both together. People that can afford a GT and want the performance will not consider anything less. I would not buy a Mustang that wasn't a GT V8, but that's my preference.

They made them in 74-78 too.

2004 Azure Blue Mach 1
IG: @azurebluemach
Old 11-05-2014, 02:36 PM   #392
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Mustangz hit the nail on the head I think. The Corporate Average Fuel Economy (CAFE) standards took a big jump in 2011 and they are getting bumped up again in 2016. This probably explains the demise of the Cyclone. They are going to have to start making concessions with their engine choices to be able to comply with the new standards.
And we have all been wondering about the manufacturers decisions to build these oversized versions of 60's and 70's pony cars? This Car and Driver article will give you some insight on why they're doing what they're doing...
How Automakers Will Meet 2016 CAFE Standards - Feature - Car and Driver

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
IMO this is a great thing. Notice how gas prices are going down? This is not an accident. Increased production from OPEC and in the Western Hemisphere yes but also because there are so many more fuel efficient vehicles on the road now, demand is going down.

I wonder if ppl will consider an all electric Mustang a "muscle" car in 20-25 years when battery tech is at a point where electircs will get the same or better range than we do now and full rapid charge in 10 minutes at a rest stop. Anyone who knows electric motors knows that the performance potential for them is through the roof.

In the meantime, I'll keep drooling over the last gen Coyotes until I buy my next house and then can not have to worry about a new car loan effing up a mortgage app lol.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 11-05-2014, 02:45 PM   #393
Lorraine's driver

Regular

I kinda think the "muscle car" moniker is dying away and "true sports car" is what the modern Mustang is becoming. It's performance is much more all-around compared to straight line performance.

2004 Azure Blue Mach 1
Old 11-05-2014, 03:25 PM   #394
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
IMO this is a great thing. Notice how gas prices are going down? This is not an accident. Increased production from OPEC and in the Western Hemisphere yes but also because there are so many more fuel efficient vehicles on the road now, demand is going down.

I wonder if ppl will consider an all electric Mustang a "muscle" car in 20-25 years when battery tech is at a point where electircs will get the same or better range than we do now and full rapid charge in 10 minutes at a rest stop. Anyone who knows electric motors knows that the performance potential for them is through the roof.

In the meantime, I'll keep drooling over the last gen Coyotes until I buy my next house and then can not have to worry about a new car loan effing up a mortgage app lol.
I believe that it is as well. Not only have oil prices leveled off and recently dropped, but it's become less expensive, per mile, to operate the vehicles, as far as fuel costs go.
On the downside, automobiles have become much more complicated and expensive!

Why not an all electric Mustang? For many people, the range is adequate and I see quite a few Teslas on the road here in Northern CA. If people will spend 60-100k on a Tesla, why wouldn't they spend 50k on a electric Mustang?
And no more oil changes or finicky transmissions to deal with!
Old 11-05-2014, 03:27 PM   #395
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
How about a hybrid V8?
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
Old 11-05-2014, 03:43 PM   #396
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
How about a hybrid V8?
An EcoBoost hybrid maybe?

Hopefully they'll leave the V8's alone for a while and not weigh them down with a bunch of electronics and batteries.
Old 11-05-2014, 03:44 PM   #397
Registered Member
Regular

I buy the v8 for the sOund and feel anything less would be ashame I dont buy a gt fot is fuel mileage

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 11-05-2014, 03:46 PM   #398
Registered Member
Regular

Just an idea for some people. There's a crowd for everything. I'll stick with an NA or FI V8. No hybrids.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
Old 11-05-2014, 03:55 PM   #399
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Who on ME will buy a 2015..?

If you only think a V8 belongs in the Mustang you don't truly understand the Heratige of a Mustang and should NOT call yourself a Mustang enthusiast. Yea it is what most people know it for, but there is much more to it.

Bullitts are better than Bullets

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Old 11-05-2014, 04:04 PM   #400
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
If you only think a V8 belongs in the Mustang you don't truly understand the Heratige of a Mustang and should NOT call yourself a Mustang enthusiast. Yea it is what most people know it for, but there is much more to it.

Bullitts are better than Bullets
Agreed. Without the 4 & 6 cylinder engines, we wouldn't have a Mustang now.
Old 11-05-2014, 04:27 PM   #401
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Quote:

Yup, and I agree. But these models weren't considered "muscle cars" then or now. Like I said though, I believe the Mustang is changing its category to more of an actual sports car.

2004 Azure Blue Mach 1
Old 11-05-2014, 04:32 PM   #402
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yea the 4&6 cylinder played a roll in establishing the mustang but the v8 made it legendary along with its curves and its sound and feel a mustang aint nothing with out it. 2015 may have the power and the feel but to me it to dont have thw look of a muscle car.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 11-05-2014, 04:48 PM   #403
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
Hi scottydsntknow

Gas prices """ALWAYS""" go down before an election.
Just wait and now the the Election is over you will see a tremendous increase.
It will go sky high and then come down to more then it was before the false down pricing started.
It happens every time.
Ronnie
Old 11-05-2014, 04:50 PM   #404
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post
I kinda think the "muscle car" moniker is dying away and "true sports car" is what the modern Mustang is becoming. It's performance is much more all-around compared to straight line performance.

2004 Azure Blue Mach 1
Agreed. In a couple of years the "muscle car" look may be no more.

Has anybody seen pics of the MMD 15 mustang already? IMO, the MMD it looks nicer than the RTR; but it doesn't have much of a "muscle car" look to me.
Old 11-05-2014, 05:01 PM   #405
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by grom80 View Post
What else ? Mpg ?? Really...who buys a performance car and worries about not getting Prius level mileage ?

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
I bought mine for mileage...screw Prius mileage, I want better! Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post
I personally think this is a waste of money. Unless you specifically want to make a 6 cylinder go fast, you'll save so much money having just bought the GT. Don't give that MPG BS because after you make your 6 cylinder go fast, you won't be getting great MPG anyway.

So, people will call me a hater, but I'm not. I wouldn't buy a v6 Mustang unless I was buying it for daily driving duty and I wanted it to be a Mustang. There is no such thing as a v6 muscle car. The only reason they gave the 2011 3.7 so much power was because of competition. The Camaro v6 had 300hp and the Mustang needed to compete. This is why you are seeing the 3.7 be phased out. Ford now has the ecoboost 4 for the Euro market and it whoops a 6cyl so they are killing two birds with one stone.

Now, everybody knows I don't hate on 6ers on this site and I won't start now, I'm just stating some facts.

2004 Azure Blue Mach 1

...not really :/

CLamp has managed to maintain (allegedly improve) mileage with his turbo kit. He hasn't responded to sending me a kit to test it out, though...

Quote:

Here's the thing- the 4 isn't much more fuel efficient than the 6. I think ~3% combined...

I imagine it's more about the motor SIZE, as that's how many EU countries tax. Cylinder count/ci.

Quote:
It will go sky high and then come down to more then it was before the false down pricing started.
It happens every time.
Ronnie
I'd have to search, but I hear these prices will stay this way.

Somebody earlier said the new v6 did NOT lose 5hp, and I thought the same. I think it was Rap, but someone posted a link about a new engine part needed to make it fit (intake manifold, maybe?) and that is what dropped the power.

Luke 11:9-10 “So I say to you ...*search and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
Old 11-05-2014, 05:08 PM   #406
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
It happens every time.
Ronnie
Like UltArc, I've heard the gas prices will stay like they are for some time. I haven't looked into it...yet.
Old 11-05-2014, 05:14 PM   #407
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
if it weren't for the V8, the mustang would have never stuck around. That's why they gave it the V8
Old 11-05-2014, 05:30 PM   #408
Registered Member
Regular

Are we sure its a Fusiostang?

I thought it was a Mustiesta...

Or was it a Mustos?

I forget. Of course, Ford is the ONLY company that does this.

Luke 11:9-10 “So I say to you ...*search and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1415230149408.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	68.7 KB
ID:	169254   Click image for larger version

Name:	1415230228168.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	52.9 KB
ID:	169255  

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
Old 11-05-2014, 05:36 PM   #409
Registered Member
Regular

It's a good thing highly successful companies like BMW don't try to do stuff like this!

Wait a second...the 1...the 3...the 5...the 7...wait a second...

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1415230535779.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	169256   Click image for larger version

Name:	1415230548959.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	73.7 KB
ID:	169257  

Name:	1415230558400.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	82.7 KB
ID:	169258   Click image for larger version

Name:	1415230570034.jpg
Size:	82.6 KB
ID:	169259  

Old 11-05-2014, 05:43 PM   #410
Registered Member
Regular

Okay, so maybe low end companies like BMW and Ford do this stuff. Surely no one else does. Not like Aston, or anyone else.

They wouldn't make each of their four vehicles look alike to make the brand more recognizable...no...

....Gah! NOOOOOOOOOOO

C'mon.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1415230949626.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	83.6 KB
ID:	169260   Click image for larger version

Name:	1415230961365.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	85.5 KB
ID:	169261  

Name:	1415230969716.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	82.0 KB
ID:	169262   Click image for larger version

Name:	1415230978747.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	77.5 KB
ID:	169263  

Old 11-05-2014, 05:44 PM   #411
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Yeah bro. Well said. I was totally thinking the same thing. Who gives a crap about the 4.6? Anything smaller than a 5.0 is so 5 year models ago. 🙋

The Mustang Source Website is complete trash.
I care about the 4.6

05 Gt Premium Performance White, flowmaster outlaws, Jlt Series 3, Bama 91r tune
Old 11-05-2014, 05:51 PM   #412
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
if it weren't for the V8, the mustang would have never stuck around. That's why they gave it the V8
Same can be said for the other engines in it.
Old 11-05-2014, 06:16 PM   #413
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc View Post
Okay, so maybe low end companies like BMW and Ford do this stuff. Surely no one else does. Not like Aston, or anyone else.

They wouldn't make each of their four vehicles look alike to make the brand more recognizable...no...

....Gah! NOOOOOOOOOOO

C'mon.

THat analogy does not apply here. BMW, Aston Martin, and brands like that are performance brands. THey don't make any economy models, so they can all look alike and they will all still be associated with performance.

Ford makes mostly economy models, so when they come out with a performance car, it has to look a lot different than the economy turds.

NONE of the Aston martins look like economy class cars.
Old 11-05-2014, 06:21 PM   #414
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Quote:

....Gah! NOOOOOOOOOOO

C'mon.

Lol, I tried to tell'em.

2004 Azure Blue Mach 1
Old 11-05-2014, 06:22 PM   #415
Registered Member
Regular

You don't know much about cars, do you?

(Though they stopped production, it ran for about five years.)

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1415233307825.jpg
Size:	82.5 KB
ID:	169265  

Old 11-05-2014, 06:24 PM   #416
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
It happens every time.
Ronnie

Yeah you will notice it goes up even more when libtards win elections. TAX TAX TAX REGULATE REGULATE REGULATE. I see it as them trying to enslave us. Take all of my earnings and tell me what the hell I can do with my life. That's slavery.
Old 11-05-2014, 06:24 PM   #417
Registered Member
Regular

Old 11-05-2014, 06:25 PM   #418
Registered Member
Regular

BMW doesn't make economy focused cars, either.

(Funny how their hybrids even look like their ICE friends...funny, it's almost like they want people to know they are all the same brand!).

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1415233547753.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	81.6 KB
ID:	169267  

Old 11-05-2014, 06:27 PM   #419
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Quote:
Yeah you will notice it goes up even more when libtards win elections. TAX TAX TAX REGULATE REGULATE REGULATE. I see it as them trying to enslave us. Take all of my earnings and tell me what the hell I can do with my life. That's slavery.

That's because the republicans own all the oil companies or have a stake in it. They ratchet the prices up and down when needed.

2004 Azure Blue Mach 1
Old 11-05-2014, 06:27 PM   #420
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
You don't know much about cars, do you?

(Though they stopped production, it ran for about five years.)

When aston martin starts making their top of the line performance car look as similar to that car as fords new mustang is to the fucus, THEN your analogy would fit.
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT