Who on ME will buy a 2015..? - Page 15 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT

Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-08-2014, 12:22 AM   #491
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post
Most of the people I know that have a criminology degree don't have a job that is even remotely in that field. In fact, all of them wished they hadn't gone that route lol. I think if your not going to be a cop, it's a bit of a waste. That's what they say anyways.

Why don't peeps go to school to be scientist, engineers and that kinda thing these days? They'll have to ship in dudes from China to do this work. C'mon you young'ins lol.

2004 Azure Blue Mach 1
IG: @azurebluemach
Don't discourage people from pursuing what's best for them. I think tech degrees are way underrated. College degrees have their benefits, but it's n it the best path for everyone especially considering the cost. I got a degree in Architecture and never went into that field. You need money to survive, but being happy is more important than anything. If a tech degree puts you in a position to do what you love, then its worth it.

Chevy runs deep, don't step in Chevy.

289 - Holley 4150 570cfm; Performer intake; mild cam; MSD HEI; 302 heads; Roller Tips; Hedman Tri-Y headers; H-pipe w/Flowmaster 40's; 9 in posi 3.50; 205/50-17F; 225/50-17R.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2014, 07:13 AM   #492
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggiesrok View Post
Don't discourage people from pursuing what's best for them. I think tech degrees are way underrated. College degrees have their benefits, but it's n it the best path for everyone especially considering the cost. I got a degree in Architecture and never went into that field. You need money to survive, but being happy is more important than anything. If a tech degree puts you in a position to do what you love, then its worth it.

It may not be true for everyone that pursues a criminology degree, but everyone that I know did it because they thought it would be easy or they didn't think they could hack it going for engineering, medicine, etc. it's not really about discouraging someone, it's about encouraging them to pursue something that will ensure a nice career. I agree with you totally if you know this is something you want and have a goal of a specific career in mind.

I have a tech degree in HVAC and I regret not forcing myself to go to get a degree in electrical engineering, at least electrical technology degree. While I'm doing okay, I make pittance compared to what I would if I had one of those degrees. Plus, I would have so many more options as to what I could do specifically.

Anyway, I don't mean to sound like criminology is bad. I guess what I mean is, don't settle for a path because it's easy or because you think you might fail if you tried something else. Go for something you've always liked or interested in and don't be afraid to fail. You'll have time to transfer to something else once you find out that path is not for you.

2004 Azure Blue Mach 1
Old 11-08-2014, 08:02 AM   #493
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther140 View Post
I am confused about why you would buy a 3.7 with the intentions of making it fast. You could just take the money you have to spend on modifications, and then just get a V8 that has your horsepower goals met in STOCK WARRANTIED RELIABLE form.. Which also has astronomically more potential for horsepower. Then on top of it, you have the beautiful V8 sound, which is worth something in itself. Even if the V8 and V6 came with the same horsepower, I would get the V8 just for the sound. Notice I didn't even have to bring up the stigmas associated with the V6 vs the V8 cars? Im saving that for later in case I need it. I agree the 3.7 is impressive. Don't get me wrong. Its a great engine for a v6, But I think ford should make a totally different car for engines smaller than V8. Something along the lines of an oriental sports car like the Supra, you know? Make the Mustang a pony/muscle car and then have their drifter/tuner line. Theres a gap in the market for those right now and I think the 3.7 would do really well in it.

That's exactly why I traded my 2013/V6 6sp for my 2014 5.0. No amount of mods can make a 3.7 howl like a Coyote.

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2014, 08:46 PM   #494
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggiesrok View Post

Yeah I am getting a tech degree right now in civil engineering technology. Its not going to pay a ton right out of the gate, but its not a dead end job, which is a HUGE benefit. There are plenty of positions above entry level that I could take over if I work at it diligently. I'm also kind of getting the silver spoon treatment on top of that because my grandpa said he can get me some kind of a job at his firm if I ask him to, which means I can get some experience on my resume. Experience is . That's not what my original plan was, but who wouldn't consider going that route? I'll take that advantage with a smile just like any other rational person would.

My dad has a tech degree that he got approx 10 years ago in computer programming, he now makes around $100k a year by working his way up in the company. Tech degrees are good stuff.

I have been to a 4 year university. It was cool and all, but there were basically no classes that I took that had anything to do with my major. When I did have a class that was relevant, I could barely understand the professor because 4 year schools hire 90% foreign teachers it seems like.

At my tech school, almost every class is directly related to what I signed up to learn, tons of hands on stuff, 100% English speaking teachers, Ill be done in half the time, and pay a sixth of the price. I am learning so much more. There is about zero bullsh*t at my school compared to when I went to a state school so Im pretty happy.
Old 11-09-2014, 10:12 PM   #495
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jd431x1f View Post
That's exactly why I traded my 2013/V6 6sp for my 2014 5.0. No amount of mods can make a 3.7 howl like a Coyote.

Ha that's a good saying Im gonna use it
Old 11-10-2014, 02:26 AM   #496
Lorraine's driver

Regular

I went and test drove the 2015 Saturday. I am super impressed all around. I drove a 5.0 with a 6spd manual and also an ecoboost with an auto.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1415606123.148632.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	644.7 KB
ID:	169443

The 5.0 had the 50th anniversary package. The seats are great. I originally said I would get the Recaros, but these were great and I'd have been happy with them. The white stitch looked good, but on this car, maybe yellow stitch would be appropriate? The interior is just wonderful. Ford kicked *** inside the Mustang.

Holy **** the clutch pedal is so light, I thought my foot smashed somebody's hut in China when I pushed it in. I'm so used to mine, that I never really got used to it on the drive, but the shifter is really nice. It's in a good position too and has a pretty short throw, especially for OEM. This was my first test drive of the 2015 and I didn't mess with the driving modes.

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1415607675.161745.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	1.07 MB
ID:	169445
I took a pic of the ^wheels on Friday night. I love these wheels!

I got on in pretty good and the power feels responsive as you would expect. It sounds good at higher RPM's but it's pretty quiet. My son and I agreed that it's probably because we are used to hearing my exhaust lol. I went over several areas of the road on the trip that I know suck in my car and it was like driving over them with a Cadillac lol. Very nice and when I accelerated over some areas, it was a controlled. The suspension is great compared to my Mach 1. But, I don't have any newer Mustang experience to compare it too.

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1415606927.931584.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	803.7 KB
ID:	169444

The Ecoboost was a standard interior package and was still very nice. The seats were much better than mine and mine aren't bad for a Mustang. The reverse camera is cool. The touchscreen is really big. A+ on standard interior too.

The auto tranny is very nice. Shifts are smooth in normal mode. Acceleration is meh in normal mode, but much better in sport and racing (or track) modes. The power was more readily available in these modes and took less pedal to get her to move. She also stayed in gear without jumping to the next when you let off the gas, which would be really nice around the track or ripping through some country roads. I did not get the impression that this could beat my Mach in a race in stock form, but it still did not really feel like a 4 banger either. It sounds like ****, but what do you expect. At least it's not loud though. The steering controls are great and you can feel the difference in all three modes. All were fine and the sport and performance modes were more responsive. Neither car would dive in a turn like mine does lol.

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1415607749.694046.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	616.3 KB
ID:	169446
^very cool

Even though I'm not a fan of a 4cyl, this car is nicely done. It doesn't seem like 4 banger power and that's a big plus. I really like the auto tranny too. I would have to sit down and think about which tranny I really wanted if I was buying a new Mustang.

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1415607877.652678.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	936.6 KB
ID:	169447
^They have a black 6spd manual 5.0 that I would loooove to have. Just wish you could order the 50th wheel separate.

I just hope I can snatch a new Mach 1 is not for only 1 year. I may have a shot at buying one if they make them for a few years. I want a brand spanking new one lol.

2004 Azure Blue Mach 1
Old 11-10-2014, 06:22 AM   #497
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Nice wrote up!

Sent from your moms couch.
Old 11-29-2014, 03:58 PM   #498
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Ah **** why did I have to see this...

The more I see of the USAA/NFCU car buying services and the incentives being offered on new cars to those with good credit... It may very well boil down to a S550 vs a LT1 Camaro brand new for me in a few years. Will have to see what the suspected 2017 refresh does for the Stang.

I may still buy used though, all depends how low the S550s wind up going at the end of the model year. Getting one for $27k out the door would make it damn hard to justify a 5 year old car at $20k plus having to pay taxes on it.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 11-29-2014, 04:09 PM   #499

Region: Georgia
Just not sold on the new styling. Side view front looks as if it was stung by yellow jacket. I've photo shop and no matter what I try to do to give it a good stance the front looks heavy.
Old 11-29-2014, 04:12 PM   #500
Staff
Regular
Staff

Even though it still looks a little too much like a Fusion up front, it has been steadily growing on me... Not the biggest fan of the interior look but the materials are much better as well as where everything is placed.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 11-29-2014, 04:20 PM   #501
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
I'll leave these here

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1417299567.699490.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	510.2 KB
ID:	170503

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1417299604.987846.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	362.5 KB
ID:	170504

Bullitts are better than Bullets

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Old 11-29-2014, 04:22 PM   #502
Registered Member
Regular

There is a guy at the gym who has a 15 ( I like how they look ) but parked next to mine, dam that's one ugly car. By themselves they look bad ***.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 11-29-2014, 04:32 PM   #503
Road Trip!
Regular

Region: Canada
Send a message via Skype™ to Gravydog316
Who on ME will buy a 2015..?

...i think I just had an accident 😍😛🙆
Old 11-29-2014, 04:34 PM   #504
Road Trip!
Regular

Can you take a pic of 'em together for us?
Old 11-29-2014, 04:44 PM   #505
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravydog View Post
Can you take a pic of 'em together for us?
Already left.

---------- Post added at 04:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:43 PM ----------

And it's slow hahahabhahahahahabababhab

Old 11-29-2014, 04:59 PM   #506
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
Already left.

---------- Post added at 04:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:43 PM ----------

And it's slow hahahabhahahahahabababhab

Just joking. But honestly the 15 looks better than a 13-14. But the 11 - 12's just have a more intimidating look to them vs 13+

Old 11-29-2014, 05:05 PM   #507
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Event though it still looks a little too much like a Fusion up front, it has been steadily growing on me... Not the biggest fan of the interior look but the materials are much better as well as where everything is placed.
Side by side the resemblance is not as big as it initially seems

05 Gt Premium Performance White, flowmaster outlaws, Jlt Series 3, Bama 91r tune
Old 11-29-2014, 06:21 PM   #508
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
I'm going for criminology, average starting is about 60K.

Doing what exactly? That's seems high for about anything as a starting salary. Don't ever believe the BS you hear about starting pay. Besides, it's all subject to location anyway and if it's the school telling you this info, they will no doubt tell you high numbers to get you or keep you signed up for classes.

Also, if your going to school to be a cop, you best see if you can pass the entrance tests first. My brother in law couldn't pass some part of the tests and was denied entry. It would sucks some *** going to school for something you'll never get to do.
Old 11-29-2014, 06:27 PM   #509
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
There is a guy at the gym who has a 15 ( I like how they look ) but parked next to mine, dam that's one ugly car. By themselves they look bad ***.

They still ugly by themselves. They are just more ugly parked next to your're pony. Ha ha ha.
Old 11-29-2014, 06:49 PM   #510
Staff
Regular
Staff

The front is really growing on me, the ***... it would be something to "live with" for the performance.

Old 11-29-2014, 07:13 PM   #511
Road Trip!
Regular

i love the front, butt, the butt it kinda square & plain between the taillights
(unlike mine lol 😂😂)
Old 11-29-2014, 07:15 PM   #512
Registered Member
Regular

Just not diggin it yet

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Old 11-29-2014, 07:19 PM   #513
Road Trip!
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobdlaw View Post
Just not diggin it yet
i have to see it in person...
Old 11-29-2014, 07:20 PM   #514
Registered Member
Regular

Ya I went out found one and drove it still love my 14.

Old 11-29-2014, 07:27 PM   #515
Road Trip!
Regular

Who on ME will buy a 2015..?

what are the differences? can you tell?
Old 11-29-2014, 07:32 PM   #516
Registered Member
Regular

Better with the curves pulls feel the same as 14 little more room inside. All the styling just isn't my style. Imo

Old 11-29-2014, 07:57 PM   #517
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
what are the differences? can you tell?
No, they're identical. Might as well be a 2014.5 lololol

Old 11-29-2014, 08:22 PM   #518
Road Trip!
Regular

Quote:
No, they're identical. Might as well be a 2014.5 lololol

yeah, i have a 2006, & they are the same as the 2014, just the front & back ends are differnt, so i just don't think it's worth spending all that extra money.
Old 11-29-2014, 10:28 PM   #519
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
yeah, i have a 2006, & they are the same as the 2014, just the front & back ends are differnt, so i just don't think it's worth spending all that extra money.
2006 and the 2014 are completely different animals. ALOT more than just the front and back of the car.

Old 11-30-2014, 12:00 AM   #520
Staff
Regular
Staff

So I'm seeing now that people are getting base 2015s in the low $30k range out the door. If it holds to what leftovers usually do... I can see someone with some good haggling skills scoring a base model 2015 5.0 for $27k out the door next fall. As much as I'm still not sold on the looks and the *** end is meh... that price for the performance this thing brings to the table is haaaaaaaaaaaard to ignore. Especially now that it seems MGW has fixed the MT82s shifting issues for good along with Ford adding better synchros to the 2015 MT82 as well as beefing the Coyote to Boss spec internals which can take 800whp.

As I keep saying tho, VERY interested to see the LT1 Camaro when Chevy finally gets off their asses and reveals it and the pricepoints.

Old 11-30-2014, 08:19 AM   #521
Registered Member
Regular

I got a 2015 GT Premium last week for $35,000. The only option is an auto trans. The sticker was $38100, so I'm happy with my deal. So far I'm loving the new car. If anyone's on the fence I say at least go test drive one. You won't be disappointed.

Old 11-30-2014, 09:28 AM   #522
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBellThunder View Post
I got a 2015 GT Premium last week for $35,000. The only option is an auto trans. The sticker was $38100, so I'm happy with my deal. So far I'm loving the new car. If anyone's on the fence I say at least go test drive one. You won't be disappointed.

I drove an auto 4 yesterday- my God, between that abortion of a transmission and the lag of the engine, I was so happy to get back in my Mustang.

Shame the switches for driving controls only come on the Premium. Seems less likely to be used. Not worth 4k+ to me. Great handling, though, felt very tight and well built. The cabin has a great feel to it, VERY obvious they actually sat in there and thought about the experience of a driver*. Though the seats are made for string beans. If you've ever done a pull up in your life, you will be uncomfortable.

There is some weird stuff, like switching the lock box to the glove box vs center console. If you want to get there, it is a huge reach. The left knee slide box is great for a spare mag, I guess, but very cheap. The non leather seats seem so strange of a material. The front seats are VERY busy- they ALL have electric control, no option for mechanical, and then these little floppy pieces of fabric (I imagine for the belt), then a chunk of plastic on the side to adjust it, and a chunk on the back to ad just it. Wtf? It looks very busy.

I won't get started on the auto. Let me just say, Ford said they wouldn't put flappy paddles in until it was good enough for the Mustang. WHAT IN THE WORLD WAS THE LAST FLAPPY TRANSMISSION LIKE?!?!?

overall a good experience, just get a standard, and the rest is a little quirk or a perk.

*For example, the center console now has constant showing cup holders. No way to hide them like 14. BUT, unlike 14, the arm doesn't fall into them when they are open. It is barely noticeable they are there.

I should be getting call backs for the T4MT, and premium, to test drive when they come in.

Luke 11:9-10 “So I say to you ...*search and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
Old 11-30-2014, 10:10 AM   #523
Registered Member
Regular

The premium is worth the extra money imho. You get leather, Sync with Ford My Touch plus other goodies like the toggle switches. Coming from a 2010 gt premium I can honestly say the 15 is a huge improvement. While I did love my 2010 this car is much better built. Just like my 10 was a huge improvement over the 2004 I previously owned prior to the 10. Ford keeps getting better in build quality. One nice feature is the drive control options. With you put it in sport mode mode it feels like a mustang with a tune. I was meaning to get a tune for my 10 but never got around to it. Now I know what I was missing. If you want one at a decent price try Truecar.com. They'll let you know what people are paying for the type of car you want in your area.
Old 11-30-2014, 10:45 AM   #524
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc View Post
I drove an auto 4 yesterday- my God, between that abortion of a transmission and the lag of the engine, I was so happy to get back in my Mustang.

Shame the switches for driving controls only come on the Premium. Seems less likely to be used. Not worth 4k+ to me. Great handling, though, felt very tight and well built. The cabin has a great feel to it, VERY obvious they actually sat in there and thought about the experience of a driver*. Though the seats are made for string beans. If you've ever done a pull up in your life, you will be uncomfortable.

There is some weird stuff, like switching the lock box to the glove box vs center console. If you want to get there, it is a huge reach. The left knee slide box is great for a spare mag, I guess, but very cheap. The non leather seats seem so strange of a material. The front seats are VERY busy- they ALL have electric control, no option for mechanical, and then these little floppy pieces of fabric (I imagine for the belt), then a chunk of plastic on the side to adjust it, and a chunk on the back to ad just it. Wtf? It looks very busy.

I won't get started on the auto. Let me just say, Ford said they wouldn't put flappy paddles in until it was good enough for the Mustang. WHAT IN THE WORLD WAS THE LAST FLAPPY TRANSMISSION LIKE?!?!?

overall a good experience, just get a standard, and the rest is a little quirk or a perk.

*For example, the center console now has constant showing cup holders. No way to hide them like 14. BUT, unlike 14, the arm doesn't fall into them when they are open. It is barely noticeable they are there.

I should be getting call backs for the T4MT, and premium, to test drive when they come in.

Luke 11:9-10 “So I say to you ...*search and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.
Well, the exact same car you test drove with a tune only and some racing tires did 12.1 down the 1/4 soo... lol.

Old 11-30-2014, 02:44 PM   #525
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Well, the exact same car you test drove with a tune only and some racing tires did 12.1 down the 1/4 soo... lol.
I wouldn't tune until after the the first 36k, and my big competition mandates stock tires, so I definitely wouldn't be doing either. I am not saying it is a bad car, rather, trying to daily a auto 4 would suck.

If I may expand, the paddle shifters don't have an on or off. You can use them whenever, good, but they will just decide you are not using them anymore. No flip over/toggle for it. So when I was paddling, came to a stop downshifting, and took off, it was shifting at 4k. BS.

I absolutely get it protecting idiots, shifting up at redline, and not going too low (EVEN THOUGH IT WON'T EVEN GO UNDER 1.3K RPMS FOR SOME REASON!!!!!), but it just does whatever it wants. It is also extremely slow to shift, and rather soft. I imagine a tune fixes a lot of this.

With the radio at zero, windows down, the exhaust is non existent, also. Very sad this was a zero to sixty run from a red light on a 55 mph zone, not racing against another vehicle.

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT