Who on ME will buy a 2015..? - Page 5 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT

Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-06-2014, 08:28 PM   #141
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clink View Post
Sure didn't take long.........

Nice!!! Congrats man! She's a beauty.

2004 Azure Blue Mach 1
IG: @azurebluemach
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2014, 08:34 PM   #142
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Who on ME will buy a 2015..?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post
Nice!!! Congrats man! She's a beauty.

2004 Azure Blue Mach 1

Crap sorry that's not mine lol, I have a Magnetic on the way one of these days.

Just putting some pics out there to cool down the flames
Old 10-06-2014, 08:37 PM   #143
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Quote:
Crap sorry that's not mine lol, I have a Magnetic on the way one of these days.

Just putting some pics out there to cool down the flames

Lol

2004 Azure Blue Mach 1
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2014, 08:43 PM   #144
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
I don't hate the I4, but I am extremely insulted by how Ford is treating the 3.7.

I just think it was a waste to make a great engine (in my opinion) by letting it be done with. And I think this I4 is a waste, when they should use the 3.5 from the SHO. Unless, the HP wars are cooling off and we won't be seeing much past 300 HP for the entry level.

Of course, big HP will still be out there, Lamborghinis, SVTs, hell kitties, Zwhatevers, so on- but there is a lot of power left on the table, and even though Ford is gaining weight, they aren't recouping with more power.

2011-2014 the Mustang seemed to either slightly edge out or slaughter the Camaro, but the 2015 Mustang and this allegedly fantastic new Camaro has me worried about this next generation.

Luke 11:9-10 “So I say to you ...*search and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
Old 10-06-2014, 08:53 PM   #145
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Looks like the new Camaro is going to slaughter the Mustang.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
Old 10-06-2014, 09:05 PM   #146
Registered Member
Regular

That is my fear :/

I really don't want to look into the new Camaro, or Google will show me ads and blow up my Cards with Camaro junk.

Luke 11:9-10 “So I say to you ...*search and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
Old 10-06-2014, 09:07 PM   #147
Registered Member
Regular

Heck. If it turns out like it should. I may be buying an SS 1LE as my next car, eh, nevermind, C7 Stingray will be my next car.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
Old 10-06-2014, 09:10 PM   #148
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc View Post
I don't hate the I4, but I am extremely insulted by how Ford is treating the 3.7.

I just think it was a waste to make a great engine (in my opinion) by letting it be done with. And I think this I4 is a waste, when they should use the 3.5 from the SHO. Unless, the HP wars are cooling off and we won't be seeing much past 300 HP for the entry level.

Of course, big HP will still be out there, Lamborghinis, SVTs, hell kitties, Zwhatevers, so on- but there is a lot of power left on the table, and even though Ford is gaining weight, they aren't recouping with more power.

2011-2014 the Mustang seemed to either slightly edge out or slaughter the Camaro, but the 2015 Mustang and this allegedly fantastic new Camaro has me worried about this next generation.

I actually think ^this funny. I don't mean to seem like I'm pointing you out, but 3.7 v6 lovers in general. This is the same kinda thing that previous generation Mustang owners complained about when this new version of the 6 came out with 300hp. There was a mass butthurt'dness everywhere lol. It's simply just an advance in technology really. Better MPG is more important as is a global sales market. If it wasn't for so much love for 4-bangers over in Europe, the 3.7 would still be the winner. Since it's not economical for Ford to make 2 MPG power houses, they delegated the 6 to entry level duty.

2004 Azure Blue Mach 1
Old 10-06-2014, 09:14 PM   #149
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
Heck. If it turns out like it should. I may be buying an SS 1LE as my next car, eh, nevermind, C7 Stingray will be my next car.

I never buy a car just because it's faster than another. That's a waste. I buy one because I like the way it looks, drives, handles, etc. Then I weigh the results if I happen to like the results of another. For example, I wouldn't have a prob owning a Challenger. I think they're great. With the new Mustang, I'd rather have it over the others unless I drive it and am not impressed. I know I would be though, because they will be better than the current model in most aspects.

2004 Azure Blue Mach 1
Old 10-06-2014, 09:23 PM   #150
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Looks like the new Camaro is going to slaughter the Mustang.

Lmao based on what? Curb weight? Sure as **** ain't looks, unless you're into the transformers thing....
Old 10-06-2014, 09:52 PM   #151
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I never buy a car just because it's faster than another. That's a waste. I buy one because I like the way it looks, drives, handles, etc. Then I weigh the results if I happen to like the results of another. For example, I wouldn't have a prob owning a Challenger. I think they're great. With the new Mustang, I'd rather have it over the others unless I drive it and am not impressed. I know I would be though, because they will be better than the current model in most aspects.

2004 Azure Blue Mach 1
I've sat in both the Current camaro (drove it) and sat in a stingray, the current camaro interior is crap, sight lines aren't terrible. It handles great, looks good, etc. The Mustang is better this generation though. The next gen, doesn't look like it.

The Stingray, based on reviews, awards, having seen them, and sat in one, well worth the price. I'm sure they drive and handle fantastic, I just haven't experienced it 1st hand.
Old 10-06-2014, 09:56 PM   #152
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Lmao based on what? Curb weight? Sure as **** ain't looks, unless you're into the transformers thing....
Curb weight, looks, doubtful that GM will use such a crappy interior again, rumored performance, I'm sure it will outperform the current in power(The new LT1 Engine) and handling, seems like an all around better car.

Not to mention the current Camaro has better handling stats than the 2015 Mustang, and is as fast in a straight line.
Old 10-06-2014, 10:30 PM   #153

I think someone should change their name to Stingrayz.
There are a few models of Mustangs I never really cared for, but I loved the style from 2005 forward. Being a Mustang fan my whole life I just cant see bashing the crap out of new style, new engineering and so on.
Although I didnt buy one in 2014 when I had planned as soon as I saw the 2015 pic I fell in love. All I can say is when its sitting in my driveway or when I'm rolling down the road I am going to be a damn proud Mustang owner.

Now just give me more than half the vin Ford...

We've come along way from a model A
Old 10-06-2014, 10:39 PM   #154
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecobeast View Post
I think someone should change their name to Stingrayz.

Who?

Ford messed up on the 15. Granted, chevy has had time with the Camaro and IRS (not just the suspension, hahaha) to make it handle that good.

The only thing I really don't like about the 15 Mustang is the Front.
Old 10-06-2014, 10:44 PM   #155
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
That's some real stupid right ^there. Lol

2004 Azure Blue Mach 1

Clearly not understanding sarcastic figures of speech..
Old 10-06-2014, 10:53 PM   #156
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
If that supposed hybrid with flex fuel has a V8, that would be a killer performance car.

The weight of the thing would be woeful lol. Plus I love the sound of a V8 at low rpms leaving stop lights. Such beauty with stock exhaust simply chopped off after the manifolds and thrown aside for weight savings.
Old 10-06-2014, 10:54 PM   #157

Quote:
Who?

Ford messed up on the 15. Granted, chevy has had time with the Camaro and IRS (not just the suspension, hahaha) to make it handle that good.

I dont get what you mean? Ford messed up on the 15.. The only thing I dont like is the front???

So is it just the front that they messed up then?

Old 10-06-2014, 10:56 PM   #158
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I dont get what you mean? Ford messed up on the 15.. The only thing I dont like is the front???

So is it just the front that they messed up then?

Mostly that. Well, and the supposed 200 pound weight loss, oh whoops, it's 70 pounds heavier.
Old 10-06-2014, 11:32 PM   #159
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Quote:
Who?

I don't think anyone can call the 2015 a failure. It's not even on the road yet.

2004 Azure Blue Mach 1
Old 10-07-2014, 12:22 AM   #160
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Well not neccesarily, older Mustangs have a Iron Forged Crank and cast rods. All 2015 Mustangs will have Forged STEEL Cranks and Rods. So imo not still garbage.
Now if your planning on getting more than 600hp you probably will want a Billet crank...

Sinter forged is not the same as Forged. Sinter is in between cast and forged. It's an improvement,but no where near what you need for big HP.

Chevy runs deep, don't step in Chevy.

289 - Holley 4150 570cfm; Performer intake; mild cam; MSD HEI; 302 heads; Roller Tips; Hedman Tri-Y headers; H-pipe w/Flowmaster 40's; 9 in posi 3.50; 205/50-17F; 225/50-17R.
Old 10-07-2014, 05:10 AM   #161
Registered Member
Regular

Never mind
Old 10-07-2014, 06:23 AM   #162
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I actually think ^this funny. I don't mean to seem like I'm pointing you out, but 3.7 v6 lovers in general. This is the same kinda thing that previous generation Mustang owners complained about when this new version of the 6 came out with 300hp. There was a mass butthurt'dness everywhere lol. It's simply just an advance in technology really. Better MPG is more important as is a global sales market. If it wasn't for so much love for 4-bangers over in Europe, the 3.7 would still be the winner. Since it's not economical for Ford to make 2 MPG power houses, they delegated the 6 to entry level duty.

2004 Azure Blue Mach 1
No offense taken, I can have a respectful debate! My thing is, the work put into that 4 should have been spent on the 6, and maybe 8.

The new engine isn't more fuel efficient by anything worth while. If it really is, then why hasn't Ford started sending out checks for the corrected MPG like mandatory when an EPA MPG is miscalculated? The only way the 4 is more FE is idling in traffic- and that's driver error, they should pick another route or time to travel!

Old 10-07-2014, 08:38 AM   #163
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc View Post
No offense taken, I can have a respectful debate! My thing is, the work put into that 4 should have been spent on the 6, and maybe 8.

The new engine isn't more fuel efficient by anything worth while. If it really is, then why hasn't Ford started sending out checks for the corrected MPG like mandatory when an EPA MPG is miscalculated? The only way the 4 is more FE is idling in traffic- and that's driver error, they should pick another route or time to travel!

It's all marketing, smoke and mirrors. Azures right about Europe wanting a turbo. I think they're hoping for a really younger crowd going for the mustang turbo also.
The other issue is the stupid government CAFE standards. Turbos fit nicely into this equation. You can drive a turbo like an old grandma and get huge MPG numbers. But in reality when you put your foot in it, you don't get near those numbers. But it looks good on paper for the government.

Chevy runs deep, don't step in Chevy.

289 - Holley 4150 570cfm; Performer intake; mild cam; MSD HEI; 302 heads; Roller Tips; Hedman Tri-Y headers; H-pipe w/Flowmaster 40's; 9 in posi 3.50; 205/50-17F; 225/50-17R.
Old 10-07-2014, 09:14 AM   #164
Registered Member
Regular

I agree to a point- but with all the aerodynamic work on the new Mustangs, they haven't shown anything with that t4.

I agree it can work out well, but I think the 2.3 was the wrong choice. If it was so high performing, they wouldn't be sand bagging the old 6s. I just hope when the Lincoln MKM comes out, it's over 3 liters. 3.5 out of the SHO is fine for me, matched with a standard (at least six speeds).

Old 10-07-2014, 09:15 AM   #165
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther140 View Post
The weight of the thing would be woeful lol. Plus I love the sound of a V8 at low rpms leaving stop lights. Such beauty with stock exhaust simply chopped off after the manifolds and thrown aside for weight savings.
I test drove a 2013 5.0 and wasn't impressed with its exhaust or engine sound at all. Factory form, not impressive. In my opinion my 3.7 set up makes the engine and exhaust system sound 20 times more aggressive than a factory 5.0.

Now granted you can make the 5.0 sound incredible but now not only spending 7500k more for the 5.0 I would need to spend another $ 3,000 for my standards to make it sound really awesome. If I had a 5.0, the factory axle backs would be gone, the factory manifold would be gone and the cats would be gone or at least a high flowing cat system. Longtubes would be a must and of course aftermarket axle backs. I would need way more aggressive performance cams than those factory 5.0 cams to give it that far more muscle car sound.

I'm so not impressed with the factory V8 sound. It still needs work to make it sound good as does the 3.7 but with some mods you can make a 3.7 sound amazing and highly aggressive.

The Mustang Source Website is complete trash and the moderators are complete toolbags. TMS, Go F yourselves!
Old 10-07-2014, 09:20 AM   #166
Registered Member
Regular

^ wtf

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 10-07-2014, 09:25 AM   #167
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
^ wtf

Sorry bro. No disrespect but if I were to someday buy a 5.0 and I just may, things need to be changed for my standards. At factory levels, I wasn't all that impressed with its sound. The 5.0's that have blown me away with its exhaust and engine sounds, all had aftermarket parts.

The Mustang Source Website is complete trash and the moderators are complete toolbags. TMS, Go F yourselves!
Old 10-07-2014, 09:29 AM   #168
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Sorry bro. No disrespect but if I were to someday buy a 5.0 and I just may, things need to be changed for my standards. At factory levels, I wasn't all that impressed with its sound. The 5.0's that have blown me away with its exhaust and engine sounds, all had aftermarket parts.

I'm not impressed with the 3.7's sound. Some aftermarket exhaust parts to make it sound good though.
Old 10-07-2014, 09:31 AM   #169
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Stock they sound like ****, I just put wtf bc it won't take $3,000 to make it sound decent.

Old 10-07-2014, 09:32 AM   #170
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

When I seen one in person

It was at the American Muscle Mustang show.
It was not the color I liked but the Mustang did look just plain """GOOD"""
It still looks like a Mustang should.
It will fit in with all of our present Mustangs.
It is going to sell very well to anyone that loves Mustangs.

The Pictures do not show how good this new Mustang really look's.

This is something that you will have to see in person before you can say you love or hate it.
Ronnie
Old 10-07-2014, 09:56 AM   #171
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
Stock they sound like ****, I just put wtf bc it won't take $3,000 to make it sound decent.

Lol. Sorry bro That's true way less than 3k. I was just thinking for me I would want larger cams, long tubes , off road H pipe or x pipe and some aftermarket axle backs.

Old 10-07-2014, 10:05 AM   #172
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'm not impressed with the 3.7's sound. Some aftermarket exhaust parts to make it sound good though.
I couldn't agree with you more bro. The engine and exhaust sound of a stock 3.7 is nothing impressive and in fact dull. But get a CAI, Long Tube headers, Off road X pipe, Flowmaster axle backs and it really changes the engine and exhaust sound to be highly respectable and aggressive sounding. Even at idle it has a nice growl baby rumble.

Old 10-07-2014, 10:09 AM   #173

I saw the 2015 in person at the 35th International Mustang Meet held 28th August-01 September, 2014 in Richmond, B.C. I was not impressed with the design it looks to much like a Lotus. This is fine if you like a Lotus type vehicle. But more that anything it does not look like the Mustangs of the previous two generations 2005-2009 or 2010-2014. In 2006 and Italian car designer name Guiglario took the 2006 S197 GT and gave it some European Styling on the front and rear end. When I saw it I said yuck! Same opinion when I saw the 2015 up close and personal. I would not buy it. But to each there own. If I had the cash I would go out and by a 2014 or another 2005-2009 series. Ford has the viewpoint that they have to redesign models every five years but in my opinion the 2005-2009 was the best series since 1968.
Old 10-07-2014, 10:13 AM   #174
Registered Member
Regular

05-09 had the looks nothing more, I would take another 2v over another 3v any day.

If i bought a 15 it would be the ecoboost for sure.

Old 10-07-2014, 10:13 AM   #175
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I couldn't agree with you more bro. The engine and exhaust sound of a stock 3.7 is nothing impressive and in fact dull. But get a CAI, Long Tube headers, Off road X pipe, Flowmaster axle backs and it really changes the engine and exhaust sound to be highly respectable and aggressive sounding. Even at idle it has a nice growl baby rumble.

one of my girl friends boyfriend, who has the 11 V6, roughly the same color as my 13, has flowmaster axlebacks on it... he parked next to me in the parking lot when he went to pic her up one time. Revving contest happened...
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT