Who on ME will buy a 2015..? - Page 7 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT

Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-08-2014, 09:18 PM   #211
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Looks more like this and this
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1412821121980.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	67.5 KB
ID:	167631   Click image for larger version

Name:	1412821128445.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	47.8 KB
ID:	167632  

2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2014, 09:22 PM   #212
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
I was looking at this- these three articles (Image 1). I pulled that posted image from the third, and last article I read. This was the closest thing to real life I found, from the first article (image 2).

I really give no credit to any of the renders or much to the concepts on the road with the camouflage.

Luke 11:9-10 “So I say to you ...*search and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1412821248398.jpg
Size:	94.9 KB
ID:	167633   Click image for larger version

Name:	1412821302694.jpg
Size:	111.1 KB
ID:	167634  

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
Old 10-08-2014, 09:25 PM   #213
Registered Member
Regular

The only one I give some credit to is the camo car I posted. It's not padded, it's just regular camo, like when the padding came off the 2015 mustang.

Also goes with what GM's designer said about evolutionary styling, not revolutionary.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2014, 10:37 PM   #214
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc View Post
I just googled it, and it looks like an XLR with flaps all over it. Not really meant as serious about it, rather bringing light how bad it could be. I keep hearing how great the 2016 Camaro will be, but going through some pages has shown me nothing on it.

Luke 11:9-10 “So I say to you ...*search and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

The current Camaro reminds me of the XLR too. That's the first thing I thought of when it came back out.

2004 Azure Blue Mach 1
IG: @azurebluemach
Old 10-09-2014, 08:01 AM   #215
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Who on ME will buy a 2015..?

Old 10-11-2014, 03:15 AM   #216

My 2015 GT gets here Monday!

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Old 10-11-2014, 08:14 AM   #217
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saige_s550 View Post
My 2015 GT gets here Monday!

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

Sweet when did u order? 5/23 here and still no vin. Options / color?

And your best bet is to jump over to M6G unless you want to hear everyone here tell you how much your car sucks and the new Camaro and their S197 is better.
Old 10-11-2014, 09:48 AM   #218
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clink View Post
Sweet when did u order? 5/23 here and still no vin. Options / color?

And your best bet is to jump over to M6G unless you want to hear everyone here tell you how much your car sucks and the new Camaro and their S197 is better.
I like the 15's more is see them. But there is no doubt that ford failed with the performance this go around. Chevy will rule again. At least we had 11-14.

At the same time I believe it will be the same thing as the 10 was the 15 is just to get the body style out, the improvements will come in 16

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 10-11-2014, 10:48 AM   #219
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
I like the 15's more is see them. But there is no doubt that ford failed with the performance this go around. Chevy will rule again. At least we had 11-14.

At the same time I believe it will be the same thing as the 10 was the 15 is just to get the body style out, the improvements will come in 16

+1. Since I started seeing how the '15 was performing, I got disappointed like many others. Then I started thinking Ford was just testing this model and wanted to see how the body style would be received. After this, hopefully Ford gets there act together for the '16 and surprise us with better performance.

You need to know the rules, to break the rules
Old 10-11-2014, 11:10 AM   #220
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic14 View Post
+1. Since I started seeing how the '15 was performing, I got disappointed like many others. Then I started thinking Ford was just testing this model and wanted to see how the body style would be received. After this, hopefully Ford gets there act together for the '16 and surprise us with better performance.

Seems like this may be the case. But why put this much effort into a new design and under deliver performance, only to fix it next year?
So people are just supposed to be excited about having 50th badging. Ford seems to be depending too much on Shelby, Roush, Saleen , etc. and the aftermarket.

Chevy runs deep, don't step in Chevy.

289 - Holley 4150 570cfm; Performer intake; mild cam; MSD HEI; 302 heads; Roller Tips; Hedman Tri-Y headers; H-pipe w/Flowmaster 40's; 9 in posi 3.50; 205/50-17F; 225/50-17R.
Old 10-11-2014, 12:02 PM   #221
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggiesrok View Post
Seems like this may be the case. But why put this much effort into a new design and under deliver performance, only to fix it next year?
So people are just supposed to be excited about having 50th badging. Ford seems to be depending too much on Shelby, Roush, Saleen , etc. and the aftermarket.

IMO, Ford is maximizing the sales by releasing it like this. There will be many who trade their 15 for a 17 or 18 that will be a special edition or a GT or EcoBoost that's been updated in power and performance.

2004 Azure Blue Mach 1
Old 10-11-2014, 01:04 PM   #222
Registered Member
Regular

Could be the strategy. But a lot of people will keep an S197 and wait for the 16 or 17. This might be more towards getting the euro sales going with the T4.
I just don't agree with it. I say you build the best you can and then find ways to improve it. Instead of holding back and adding it later.

289 - Holley 4150 570cfm; Performer intake; mild cam; MSD HEI; 302 heads; Roller Tips; Hedman Tri-Y headers; H-pipe w/Flowmaster 40's; 9 in posi 3.50; 205/50-17F; 225/50-17R.
Old 10-11-2014, 02:31 PM   #223
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

There is performance and there is usable street performance

I know the Chevy Z-28 is a really high performing car. It is a great car for people that want a race car for the street. It is going to be a really good collector car for the rich people that will buy one for their collection or the museums that need one for display.
Same with the Hellcat's. Excellent high performance car that normal people can never have.

I'll take the Mustang (Any of them) over the over priced useless on the street crap from any other manufacturers. My personal opinion is that a Ford Mustang GT that is affordable to most people and has enough aftermarket or Ford Racing products available is as good or better to own then any of the Z-28's or Hellcats.

Don't even mention Corvette's because they are a "SPORTS CAR" and not considered a muscle car. Of course they are a great "SPORTS CAR" no doubt about that.

No, it is very hard to beat a Mustang when it comes to affordable ownership and doing enough mod's to make it your own. ( Afford ably)

There is a Mustang 3.7 V6 running around here in Florida that turns in the 10's and still get 25 MPG. Even with the Turbo and other go fast goody's it still only costs half as much as the new Z-28.

If anyone agrees or not. This is my personal opinion and i'm sticking to it.
Ronnie
Old 10-11-2014, 03:28 PM   #224
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:

It worked for 2010. Well, until the 2011 was official...I imagine moving the 10s was a bit difficult then.

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
Old 10-11-2014, 03:35 PM   #225
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
I know the Chevy Z-28 is a really high performing car. It is a great car for people that want a race car for the street. It is going to be a really good collector car for the rich people that will buy one for their collection or the museums that need one for display.
Same with the Hellcat's. Excellent high performance car that normal people can never have.

I'll take the Mustang (Any of them) over the over priced useless on the street crap from any other manufacturers. My personal opinion is that a Ford Mustang GT that is affordable to most people and has enough aftermarket or Ford Racing products available is as good or better to own then any of the Z-28's or Hellcats.

Don't even mention Corvette's because they are a "SPORTS CAR" and not considered a muscle car. Of course they are a great "SPORTS CAR" no doubt about that.

No, it is very hard to beat a Mustang when it comes to affordable ownership and doing enough mod's to make it your own. ( Afford ably)

There is a Mustang 3.7 V6 running around here in Florida that turns in the 10's and still get 25 MPG. Even with the Turbo and other go fast goody's it still only costs half as much as the new Z-28.

Ronnie
When you put it this way... I have to agree.

I want to see pics of that 3.7

Old 10-11-2014, 05:05 PM   #226
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Quote:
Could be the strategy. But a lot of people will keep an S197 and wait for the 16 or 17. This might be more towards getting the euro sales going with the T4.
I just don't agree with it. I say you build the best you can and then find ways to improve it. Instead of holding back and adding it later.

Honestly though, I feel the same way. Why not be the best, especially if you can easily.

2004 Azure Blue Mach 1
Old 10-11-2014, 05:11 PM   #227
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Quote:

Ronnie

Yup, I agree too really. I'll have to say I don't specifically 'dislike' the Camaro or the Challenger, I just like the Mustang better and definitely think it's cheaper to add some mods to get her the way you like.

2004 Azure Blue Mach 1
Old 10-11-2014, 05:49 PM   #228
Registered Member
Regular

I personally love the new Camaro. I wish i would have bought one instead of my coyote. Being completely honest here also

Old 10-11-2014, 06:21 PM   #229
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

This is America

If you don't like your car all you have to do is trade it in and get what you want.
Ronnie
Old 10-11-2014, 06:24 PM   #230
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
If you don't like your car all you have to do is trade it in and get what you want.
Ronnie
Kind of late after you already have $20,000 + in crap done to it
I would have to start over with a stock motor, suspension, rear end etc

Old 10-11-2014, 06:26 PM   #231
Registered Member
Regular

But you are correct, just wouldn't be a wise decision on my part.

Old 10-11-2014, 09:36 PM   #232
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Hi Vic 14

There are a few of these 3.7's running around Florida now. Most are in the 11's
All are good street cars and have radios and air conditioning unlike the Z-28 that only uses one radio speaker and no air conditioning unless you order it as an option.
There are a lot of super fast GT's of all years.
I have had Corvettes and many other cars and all through all of my other cars I still appreciated seeing Mustangs at different events and shows. This is my forth Mustang.

Find issue # 06/14 of Hot Rod Magazine and read the feature where My Friend Jack's Boss 302 Mustang was tested against the new stripped down $75,000 Z-28 around Barber Motorsport park raceway.
The Z-28 was only four seconds faster then the Boss 302.
Read the story and find that the Boss had street pads on the brakes ( Jack did not get a chance to put on his track pads due to he drove from Daytona up to the track and was worried about getting caught in the rain. ) If he could have used his pads the Z-28 would have had probably only about a two second lead if any at all.

Randy Pobst drove both cars.

Any way you look at it. The Mustang is a great fun car to own and drive. They are affordable and can be modified to do whatever you would want yours to do or look like.
I travel with Street rods, Muscle cars, and even a Sports car club ( Audi/Porsche) with my Mustang and have never been snubbed. Not even once.
Ronnie
Old 10-11-2014, 10:36 PM   #233
Lorraine's driver

Regular

^Pretty awesome! I personally don't care for the 4cyl and v6 sound, but respect the performance all the same.

I remember when the Grand Nationals came out lol. Pretty much the fastest thing on the road back then, so you didn't really care if it didn't sound good. They were great looking cars though!

It's gonna be interesting to see what people do to the ecoboost 4 Mustang.

2004 Azure Blue Mach 1
Old 10-12-2014, 02:51 PM   #234
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post
^Pretty awesome! I personally don't care for the 4cyl and v6 sound, but respect the performance all the same.

I remember when the Grand Nationals came out lol. Pretty much the fastest thing on the road back then, so you didn't really care if it didn't sound good. They were great looking cars though!

It's gonna be interesting to see what people do to the ecoboost 4 Mustang.

2004 Azure Blue Mach 1
I think the real question which we don't know yet but how much did Ford leave on the table for the turbo be maxed out. How much more power can the factory turbo be made up too before you gotta buy a larger aftermarket turbo? Will the factory turbo give someone 400rwhp with a good tune and bolt on mods? Will you be able to get 350 rwhp out of it.

We already know the 3.7 will easily make 300 rwhp with bolt on mods and tune, so how much more power is the turbo gonna make with the factory sized turbo?

The Mustang Source Website is complete trash and the moderators are complete toolbags. TMS, Go F yourselves!
Old 10-12-2014, 09:46 PM   #235
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
The 3.7s are getting pushed past 500 on the stock motors with apparently no issues. They are stout bastards. As I've said many times I am going to strongly consider my aunt's 2014 V6 when it comes off lease. Easy modded to 300+ and plenty of room to grow with a blower.

I'm also very interested to see the I4 numbers with a max effort bolt on/tune setup. My thinking it it will be low 400whp and low-mid 300s rwtq. Good highway pull car, great DD, will get absolutely wtfpwned by the 5.0.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 10-30-2014, 03:06 PM   #236
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Was all set too. But they added 5k to sticker price

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
Old 10-30-2014, 09:31 PM   #237
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
I am confused about why you would buy a 3.7 with the intentions of making it fast. You could just take the money you have to spend on modifications, and then just get a V8 that has your horsepower goals met in STOCK WARRANTIED RELIABLE form.. Which also has astronomically more potential for horsepower. Then on top of it, you have the beautiful V8 sound, which is worth something in itself. Even if the V8 and V6 came with the same horsepower, I would get the V8 just for the sound. Notice I didn't even have to bring up the stigmas associated with the V6 vs the V8 cars? Im saving that for later in case I need it. I agree the 3.7 is impressive. Don't get me wrong. Its a great engine for a v6, But I think ford should make a totally different car for engines smaller than V8. Something along the lines of an oriental sports car like the Supra, you know? Make the Mustang a pony/muscle car and then have their drifter/tuner line. Theres a gap in the market for those right now and I think the 3.7 would do really well in it.
Old 10-30-2014, 09:34 PM   #238
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther140 View Post
I am confused about why you would buy a 3.7 with the intentions of making it fast. You could just take the money you have to spend on modifications, and then just get a V8 that has your horsepower goals met in STOCK WARRANTIED RELIABLE form.. Which also has astronomically more potential for horsepower. Then on top of it, you have the beautiful V8 sound, which is worth something in itself. Even if the V8 and V6 came with the same horsepower, I would get the V8 just for the sound. Notice I didn't even have to bring up the stigmas associated with the V6 vs the V8 cars? Im saving that for later in case I need it. I agree the 3.7 is impressive. Don't get me wrong. Its a great engine for a v6, But I think ford should make a totally different car for engines smaller than V8. Something along the lines of an oriental sports car like the Supra, you know? Make the Mustang a pony/muscle car and then have their drifter/tuner line. Theres a gap in the market for those right now and I think the 3.7 would do really well in it.

Maybe you want a Mustang but also good gas mileage? If I were to get a new Mustang it would be the Ecoboost, something comfy and gets good mpg.

Bullitts are better than Bullets

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Old 10-30-2014, 09:42 PM   #239
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
Maybe you want a Mustang but also good gas mileage? If I were to get a new Mustang it would be the Ecoboost, something comfy and gets good mpg.

Yeah I could see that making sense to some people. I always just liked to keep my econobox separate from my sports/muscle car. Lol
Old 10-30-2014, 09:55 PM   #240
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

A couple of reasons for a V6 over a V8

First I gotta say:" I really love the Coyote 5.0 V8. Excellent power, Decent MPG, great sound.

The V6 also has very good power, Excellent MPG and sounds pretty good for a V6.

I like my V6 because I just don't really need a V8. My insurance is 1/2 the cost I would be paying for a V8. My V6 runs great on 87 octane cheap crap gas. ( I know you can run 87 in a V8 but then you have the power of a V6.)

The new Turbo four is going to be a great engine for a lot of people and I'm glad Ford decided to offer it.

What is great about the Ford Mustang is it is a performance car for anybody that wants a Mustang. They are all very good engines and very good cars.
Ronnie
Old 10-30-2014, 10:00 PM   #241
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
First I gotta say:" I really love the Coyote 5.0 V8. Excellent power, Decent MPG, great sound.

The V6 also has very good power, Excellent MPG and sounds pretty good for a V6.

I like my V6 because I just don't really need a V8. My insurance is 1/2 the cost I would be paying for a V8. My V6 runs great on 87 octane cheap crap gas. ( I know you can run 87 in a V8 but then you have the power of a V6.)

The new Turbo four is going to be a great engine for a lot of people and I'm glad Ford decided to offer it.

What is great about the Ford Mustang is it is a performance car for anybody that wants a Mustang. They are all very good engines and very good cars.
Ronnie
Running 87 in the coyote only reduces it by about 10 hp and 20 torque. Still far more powerful than the v6
Old 10-30-2014, 10:00 PM   #242
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Who on ME will buy a 2015..?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther140 View Post
Yeah I could see that making sense to some people. I always just liked to keep my econobox separate from my sports/muscle car. Lol

I've got my race car already. Just like the look and feel of a Mustang. So why not get good mpg out of it?

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1414724399.553314.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	1.07 MB
ID:	168856

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1414724413.643346.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	1.30 MB
ID:	168857

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1414724433.071128.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	1.07 MB
ID:	168858

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Old 10-31-2014, 06:39 AM   #243
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Yep and for many of us it is a DD so gas mileage is a consideration. Still thinking I might wind up in that grey V6 my Aunt has on lease right now depending on what my commute winds up being when we buy our next house. I'm not going to have another garage queen personally, if I'm going to have something nice I'm going to drive it. I will probably not drive it when the roads are salted to hell but that's about it.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 11-02-2014, 06:56 AM   #244
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Just ordered mine yesterday! Super stoked. I have my '05 GT Vert so I wanted more of a driving experience. I went with the EcoBoost w/ Performance pack. So much potential on this engine it's extremely intriguing! Loaded w/ shaker audio as well it'll make my commute to clients enjoyable to say the least. Should be here right around Christmas!
Old 11-02-2014, 07:32 AM   #245
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
What color you order?
Guard. Love me some green! Plus black leather with "ceramic" accents.
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT