Who on ME will buy a 2015..? - Page 9 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT

Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-03-2014, 01:35 PM   #281
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by straybullitt View Post
Definitely cheaper and better fuel economy than this 900+ ci, 1700+ hp beast!
Lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

The badassery ^here with that motor! Mmmm :nut: lol

2004 Azure Blue Mach 1
IG: @azurebluemach
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2014, 01:38 PM   #282
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Just curious but why would S197 owners experience butt hurt over a newer model. There is always a newer model at some point in time unless the model is stop being manufactured. I personally couldn't care less if the vehicle has IRS or SRA. Makes no difference too me either way and me personally am not for nor against IRS.

I'm not for or against the interior change. If Ford wants buttons and ***** sticking out all over the place then so be it. It still looks much better than that cheap plastic, kids toy looking interior of the Camaro.

But, the exterior is a poor design. There was a very lazy approach and lack of creativity when it came to this design. There were tons of beautiful concept 2015 mustangs drawn over the past 5 years and this was the best Ford could come up with? They just slapped a already used front fasica on the iconic mustang. It wasn't even like the front was original and unique. Good grief man!

I can even live with that front but Ford completely butchered the rear end. I mean those tail lights are pathetic looking compared to the 13-14 LED taillights. The downward slope of the whole rear end is just pitiful and weird looking.

We shall see how well the regular non enthusiast consumer takes to this new 2015 in the next year and how many US units are sold. If its so awesome , Ford should have near record sales on these 2015 mustangs in the upcoming year and should crush Camaro sales.

The Mustang Source Website is complete trash.

Very well said. I agree...

They standardized the FORD lineup to make every car for the same "branding". Only a blind man or an idiot can deny the 2015 looks in tons of ways like a fusion...which has tons of elements like the new escape (what a piece of crap...I owned an Escape for years...when I saw the new one I wanted to puke for how much it looks like a Hyundai).

Lazy design, little creativity and lack of desire to keep the mustang SEPARATE from just another "Ford vehicle".

I also agree fully on the downward slope at the rear. If you crouch it looks good...if you stand it looks like a pinto.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Old 11-03-2014, 01:58 PM   #283
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by grom80 View Post
Very well said. I agree...

They standardized the FORD lineup to make every car for the same "branding". Only a blind man or an idiot can deny the 2015 looks in tons of ways like a fusion...which has tons of elements like the new escape (what a piece of crap...I owned an Escape for years...when I saw the new one I wanted to puke for how much it looks like a Hyundai).

Lazy design, little creativity and lack of desire to keep the mustang SEPARATE from just another "Ford vehicle".

I also agree fully on the downward slope at the rear. If you crouch it looks good...if you stand it looks like a pinto.

Pinto? That's silly lol. You show me any carmaker that has the differentiation that you speak of. There are none and haven't been for years. Sure, onesy-twoseys here and the, but you'll find several parts that look similar across the board, even on those. I think what you are asking for is an extinct practice in this day and age. Look at Fords mod motor v8 over the last 15 years. Nothing but interchangeable parts between the different size blocks. Practically everything made today has some similarities. I see just as much innovation and differentiation in the 2015 as there is on any of its competitors. And, I think it's a whole step above in quality. But that's none of my business.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1415044710.808517.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	89.9 KB
ID:	169071

2004 Azure Blue Mach 1
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2014, 02:05 PM   #284
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
I too had an open mind until I saw the 2015 not once but twice in person and it got worse looking too me the second time. The interior is not bad, its just not my cup of tea. There are too many bottons sticking and poking out for me and prefer the cleaner classy look of the 11-14 dash board and stereo area. With that said, I could live with that interior and deal with it if the car looked sweet on the exterior.

That's cool your a fan and lover of the 2015. Hopefully someday you can get one and enjoy it. The S197 owners like me can just wait it out till either Ford fixes the fugly with future refresh or wait for the next generation 2025 mustang. Its all good to me. Hopefully, someday Ford will put the muscle look and stance back into the stang.

2025 mustang. Wheels, who needs em, we fly! Inspired by the namesakw, the P51 fighter plane, it finally gets its wings! Capable of 180 in the air.

To start, get in the car on the ground, flip the 2 switches, and feel it leave the ground.

To land, simply hover low, and turn off 2 switches in reverse order.

Speed is now controlled by a push throttle, and the instrument panel is also derived from the legendary namesake warplane.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
Old 11-03-2014, 02:16 PM   #285
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Quote:
I too had an open mind until I saw the 2015 not once but twice in person and it got worse looking too me the second time. The interior is not bad, its just not my cup of tea. There are too many bottons sticking and poking out for me and prefer the cleaner classy look of the 11-14 dash board and stereo area. With that said, I could live with that interior of the 2015 and deal with it if the car looked sweet on the exterior.

That's cool your a fan and lover of the 2015. Hopefully someday you can get one and enjoy it. The S197 owners like me can just wait it out till either Ford fixes the fugly with future refresh or wait for the next generation 2025 mustang. Its all good to me. Hopefully, someday Ford will put the muscle look and stance back into the stang.

Yup, I'm very impressed with it. I can understand that some will not like it, but I don't understand how it can be hated. It's not different enough from the previous model to warrant that.

Actually, my next Mustang will probably be a 2010 GT500 if luck goes my way. That is, unless we see a Mach 1 return. Maybe there will be an SRA option by then.

2004 Azure Blue Mach 1
Old 11-03-2014, 02:48 PM   #286
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
2025 mustang. Wheels, who needs em, we fly! Inspired by the namesakw, the P51 fighter plane, it finally gets its wings! Capable of 180 in the air.

To start, get in the car on the ground, flip the 2 switches, and feel it leave the ground.

To land, simply hover low, and turn off 2 switches in reverse order.

Speed is now controlled by a push throttle, and the instrument panel is also derived from the legendary namesake warplane.
This would be awesome because when I was a kid I used to watch the Jetson's on Saturday morning cartoons and they had flying cars!
Everyone said that we would have flying cars by now... Still no viable flying cars.
Old 11-03-2014, 02:55 PM   #287
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
We have no flying cars not because the tech isn't there but because do you really trust the same ppl you see on their cell phones texting and driving and drinking coffee at the same time while speeding and swerving in and out of their lane to fly an aircraft?
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 11-03-2014, 03:07 PM   #288
Registered Member
Regular

Haha.
NO!!!
But some of us might be qualified to operate a flying car.

Here's a spy photo of a 2025 Mustang in flight...

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1415048817598.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	45.4 KB
ID:	169078  
Old 11-03-2014, 03:19 PM   #289
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Quote:
Haha.
NO!!!
But some of us might be qualified to operate a flying car.

Lol or is that a Fusion..?

2004 Azure Blue Mach 1
Old 11-03-2014, 03:26 PM   #290
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post
Lol or is that a Fusion..?

2004 Azure Blue Mach 1
I think it's a fusion
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
Old 11-03-2014, 03:27 PM   #291
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:

Oh no... 😦 No flying mustangs!

Would be fun doing loops, rolls, spins etc on it lol🙌
Would we be able to do them though?

You need to know the rules, to break the rules
Old 11-03-2014, 03:47 PM   #292
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic14 View Post
Oh no... 😦 No flying mustangs!

Would be fun doing loops, rolls, spins etc on it lol🙌
Would we be able to do them though?

You need to know the rules, to break the rules
Hey, it's my idea, so yes. We can, every one of the 2025's comes factory with Recaro seats and 5 point harnesses, so you don't flop all over while attempting these manuvers.
Old 11-03-2014, 04:29 PM   #293

Region: Texas
Quote:
I too had an open mind until I saw the 2015 not once but twice in person and it got worse looking too me the second time. The interior is not bad, its just not my cup of tea. There are too many bottons sticking and poking out for me and prefer the cleaner classy look of the 11-14 dash board and stereo area. With that said, I could live with that interior of the 2015 and deal with it if the car looked sweet on the exterior.

Where are these mass amounts of buttons and knobs you keep referring to? There is just as many on the 14's.
Old 11-03-2014, 04:34 PM   #294
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cades View Post
Where are these mass amounts of buttons and knobs you keep referring to? There is just as many on the 14's.

Get into one of the higher end luxury Mercedes. There is practically a million of them

Bullitts are better than Bullets

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Old 11-03-2014, 04:54 PM   #295
Registered Member
Regular

Personally im a fan of the 67 mustang so when the 05/06 models came out I was excited, with the 2015 they kind of webt away still a nice car but not for me it just dobt excite me enough

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 11-03-2014, 04:55 PM   #296
Registered Member
Regular

Who on ME will buy a 2015..?

Old 11-03-2014, 05:05 PM   #297
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Pinto? That's silly lol. You show me any carmaker that has the differentiation that you speak of. There are none and haven't been for years. Sure, onesy-twoseys here and the, but you'll find several parts that look similar across the board, even on those. I think what you are asking for is an extinct practice in this day and age. Look at Fords mod motor v8 over the last 15 years. Nothing but interchangeable parts between the different size blocks. Practically everything made today has some similarities. I see just as much innovation and differentiation in the 2015 as there is on any of its competitors. And, I think it's a whole step above in quality. But that's none of my business.

Attachment 169071

2004 Azure Blue Mach 1

So I'll ask again as I did before...

What other car that Ford made (or anyone else for that matter...) looks or looked like the S197 mustang ?

I await...

Old 11-03-2014, 05:31 PM   #298
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Quote:
So I'll ask again as I did before...

What other car that Ford made (or anyone else for that matter...) looks or looked like the S197 mustang ?

I await...

Okay, lol

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1415057474.385680.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	202.8 KB
ID:	169091

2004 Azure Blue Mach 1
Old 11-03-2014, 05:33 PM   #299
ME Bloodhound
Staff

I like the 2015, might start saving for one after college.

HID end all thread
Old 11-03-2014, 05:35 PM   #300
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Saw one yesterday. Really liked it. And the interior is amazing.

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1415057687.139489.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	919.6 KB
ID:	169092

HID end all thread
Old 11-03-2014, 05:37 PM   #301
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Okay, lol

Attachment 169091

2004 Azure Blue Mach 1

Sorry buddy but they are significantly different. And it doesn't answer the question...

Old 11-03-2014, 05:41 PM   #302
Registered Member
Regular

Ill take that over the 2015 any day
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1415057938321.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	84.4 KB
ID:	169093   Click image for larger version

Name:	1415058106175.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	73.6 KB
ID:	169094  

Old 11-03-2014, 05:44 PM   #303
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 509pony View Post
Ill take that over the 2015 any day

Agreed...

Old 11-03-2014, 05:47 PM   #304
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Quote:
Sorry buddy but they are significantly different. And it doesn't answer the question...

They aren't that different.

Besides that though, the s197 was special because it was meant to resemble the classic very closely, which still proves my point. So, if you throw that out, you'll see familiarity in all models for the last few decades.

2004 Azure Blue Mach 1
Old 11-03-2014, 05:55 PM   #305
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cades View Post
I never used the word mass. I used the word too many. Lol. Hold on I'll show you !

Old 11-03-2014, 06:33 PM   #306
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Idk about you guys but I like the flip style switches.

HID end all thread
Old 11-03-2014, 06:35 PM   #307
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
Idk about you guys but I like the flip style switches.

Me too
Old 11-03-2014, 06:35 PM   #308
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
Me too

Ditto

2004 Azure Blue Mach 1
Old 11-03-2014, 06:38 PM   #309
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Ford GT had them and their badass.

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1415061476.811743.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	159.6 KB
ID:	169106

2004 Azure Blue Mach 1
Old 11-03-2014, 06:38 PM   #310
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
Buttons and switches are what is meant to be. It is MUCH MUCH MUICH MUCH MUCH better than the stupid infotainment center touch screen crap that you cant operate while driving and takes forever because of the cumbersome laggy technology. They need to keep the star trek foggots out of the car design process for real. Rode in a brand new BMW last week and almost barfted all over that wannabe spaceship. GOod thing I didn't because it would have wrecked millions of dollars worth of electrical touch screen garbage.
Old 11-03-2014, 06:48 PM   #311
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
They aren't that different.

Besides that though, the s197 was special because it was meant to resemble the classic very closely, which still proves my point. So, if you throw that out, you'll see familiarity in all models for the last few decades.

2004 Azure Blue Mach 1

Well then you are basically agreeing with us...which is great!

Old 11-03-2014, 07:28 PM   #312
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Quote:
Well then you are basically agreeing with us...which is great!

lol what am I agreeing with? The only thing I'm saying is that car companies have had similarities between the car lines for decades. The 2015 is no different. I'm not sure what you're saying in agreeing with.

2004 Azure Blue Mach 1
Old 11-03-2014, 07:35 PM   #313
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther140 View Post
Buttons and switches are what is meant to be. It is MUCH MUCH MUICH MUCH MUCH better than the stupid infotainment center touch screen crap that you cant operate while driving and takes forever because of the cumbersome laggy technology. They need to keep the star trek foggots out of the car design process for real. Rode in a brand new BMW last week and almost barfted all over that wannabe spaceship. GOod thing I didn't because it would have wrecked millions of dollars worth of electrical touch screen garbage.

I love Star Trek and I love the new interior setup. I don't think Trek geeks have anything to do with it. I think it's the stupid marketing peeps and the tight *** budgeting geeks that ruin it. The new tech features get decided upon and then they don't have the balls to tell upper management that "we need this". So the budget gets cut to some lame sound system that nobody likes.

2004 Azure Blue Mach 1
Old 11-03-2014, 10:07 PM   #314
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
lol what am I agreeing with? The only thing I'm saying is that car companies have had similarities between the car lines for decades. The 2015 is no different. I'm not sure what you're saying in agreeing with.

2004 Azure Blue Mach 1

That the S197 is special...and that fundamentally we are justified on *****ing about the 2015 fusionastang...

Old 11-03-2014, 10:20 PM   #315
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
I think your all gonna hate me saying this """BUT"""

I'm saying it anyway.
The 2011 & 2012 still look the best of all the years

This don't mean I don't like the 13's & 14's because I do. I just think that the 11's and 12's just look like a Mustang should.

This is whats so nice about Mustangs, There are designs for everybody.
Ronnie
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT