Who on ME will buy a 2015..? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT



Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-01-2013, 09:47 AM   #1
Lorraine's driver

Regular
 
ab_mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 7,860
Who on ME will buy a 2015..?

Who will be the first ME member to go out and buy a new 2015 Mustang? Will it be a V8 or V6?
__________________
Instagram: @ab_mach1
ab_mach1 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-01-2013, 10:11 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
TooSlow4U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Arizona
Posts: 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post
Who will be the first ME member to go out and buy a new 2015 Mustang? Will it be a V8 or V6?
Probably my wife, however she never logs in to ME anymore. She already said she thinks the spy photos, of what you can actually see, will suit her taste. I'm sure it will look good, ford wouldn't disappoint millions of fans with a crappy mustang. Well, the foxbody looked ugly to me so maybe history will repeat. She is however contemplating buying a restored 68 camaro so we shall see.
TooSlow4U is offline  
Old 09-01-2013, 10:21 AM   #3
Lorraine's driver

Regular
 
ab_mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 7,860
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooSlow4U View Post

Probably my wife, however she never logs in to ME anymore. She already said she thinks the spy photos, of what you can actually see, will suit her taste. I'm sure it will look good, ford wouldn't disappoint millions of fans with a crappy mustang. Well, the foxbody looked ugly to me so maybe history will repeat. She is however contemplating buying a restored 68 camaro so we shall see.
I'm eager to see who it will be that will be posting up the first pics here on ME. I'd like to say it would be me. Lol
__________________
Instagram: @ab_mach1
ab_mach1 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-01-2013, 11:07 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
BlackedStang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 744
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure
Will it be a V8 or V6?
Or a will it be a I4?
__________________
2012 V6 Performance Package
BlackedStang is offline  
Old 09-01-2013, 11:16 AM   #5
Sad Panda
Staff
 
silverskoundrel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: TX
Region: Texas
Posts: 5,630
I can tell you NOT I
__________________
@silverskoundrel
05 TL Mustang Base (the silverskoundrel) - sold
05 TL Mustang GT - sold
98 UA Mustang GT - sold
10 CI Mustang GT - slow
silverskoundrel is offline  
Old 09-01-2013, 11:21 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black8thElement's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Houston
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,117
My next upgrade will be a 2014
Black8thElement is offline  
Old 09-01-2013, 11:38 AM   #7
Lorraine's driver

Regular
 
ab_mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 7,860
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedStang View Post

Or a will it be a I4?
Could be maybe. It would be interesting to see if all three are offered.

Who on ME will drop engine size?
__________________
Instagram: @ab_mach1
ab_mach1 is offline  
Old 09-01-2013, 11:39 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Doe_Rae_mi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 2,587
Even if I could I'd stick to my 03
Doe_Rae_mi is offline  
Old 09-01-2013, 11:39 AM   #9
Lorraine's driver

Regular
 
ab_mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 7,860
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black8thElement View Post
My next upgrade will be a 2014
Really? Mainly for cost? Or you think you'll like the body style better?
__________________
Instagram: @ab_mach1
ab_mach1 is offline  
Old 09-01-2013, 11:43 AM   #10
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Austin
Region: Texas
Posts: 5,980
Only if it has more power.
DDTCM is offline  
Old 09-01-2013, 11:44 AM   #11
Lorraine's driver

Regular
 
ab_mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 7,860
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM View Post
Only if it has more power.
It would be tough to give up the sound for me. I'd still test drive all available though.
__________________
Instagram: @ab_mach1
ab_mach1 is offline  
Old 09-01-2013, 11:48 AM   #12
Abominable Mustang

Regular
Staff
 
WhoDat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Anchorage
Region: Alaska
Posts: 1,925
I'm not making any decision on the 2015 until I see a production model lol. I am trying to be optimistic about though. As of now, my next Mustang will be a 2011-2014 5.0, and it won't be until I'm done with my 4-year assignment in Alaska.
__________________
2012 Kona Blue 3.7L V6:
Borla LT headers, O/R h-pipe, Borla S-types, 3.73 gears,
Steeda adjustable UCA w/ mount, BMR LCAs, Airaid CAI,
LCA Relocation brackets, AE driveshaft, GT 80mm TB,
Black 18x9/10 2010 GT500 Wheels w/ Nitto NT555s,
Eibach Sportline Springs/shocks & Koni STR.T Struts
WhoDat is offline  
Old 09-01-2013, 11:53 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
BlackedStang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 744
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure

Could be maybe. It would be interesting to see if all three are offered.

Who on ME will drop engine size?
They already have confirmed that there will be a eco-boost 4 cylinder option available. Might make more power than the V6 too, who knows.
__________________
2012 V6 Performance Package
BlackedStang is offline  
Old 09-01-2013, 12:08 PM   #14
Lorraine's driver

Regular
 
ab_mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 7,860
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida3.7L View Post
I'm not making any decision on the 2015 until I see a production model lol. I am trying to be optimistic about though. As of now, my next Mustang will be a 2011-2014 5.0, and it won't be until I'm done with my 4-year assignment in Alaska.
I have to admit, the 2011-14's will be more attainable as their prices should drop some when the new model comes out. That could get me in the market if the used prices are right. Really though, I want a Boss and I don't see those dropping in price.
__________________
Instagram: @ab_mach1
ab_mach1 is offline  
Old 09-01-2013, 12:51 PM   #15
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
lowflyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 19,890
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Eh...wife and I have been planning on a 50th to sit beside our 25th in the garage. Think we're buying a jeep instead, Ford has pushed way too far from what I want in it. I'm not a fan of the oversized european styled car. Bring back something original not a 2 door Fusion.
__________________
"I'm not driving too fast...just flying too low"
Mine:
-03 SB Cobra vert- 2552 of 5082 Born 02/25/03
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
335
lowflyn is offline  
Old 09-01-2013, 12:58 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
BlackedStang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 744
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn
Eh...wife and I have been planning on a 50th to sit beside our 25th in the garage. Think we're buying a jeep instead, Ford has pushed way too far from what I want in it. I'm not a fan of the oversized european styled car. Bring back something original not a 2 door Fusion.
+1 from what they've shown it doesn't look like an American car anymore. I don't know what Ford is thinking with this whole "European styling" thing. This is suppose to be an AMERICAN icon car, not a luxury European car. But who knows what it'll actually look like.
__________________
2012 V6 Performance Package
BlackedStang is offline  
Old 09-02-2013, 12:10 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
xxPIKExx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Ft Lauderdale
Region: Florida
Posts: 450
I'm going to get one. I won't be first as I don't buy first year platforms, but I'll definitely get whatever SVT option comes out in 16 though.
xxPIKExx is offline  
Old 09-02-2013, 08:10 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
tc x 4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Indiana
Posts: 3,783
Ford hiring 6,500 workers at Flatrock, no thanks.
tc x 4 is offline  
Old 09-02-2013, 12:18 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
mustangchassy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 1,592
Not me. The rendering are hideous and I hope it looks nothing like that! 2 years down the road and I want a Roush or Shelby im quite content with the look of the 13-14's.
__________________
2013 GT Premium: 15% Tint/Roush Axleback/Gloss Black 5.0 Badges/2007 GT Premium (SOLD)
mustangchassy is offline  
Old 09-02-2013, 01:23 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
xxPIKExx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Ft Lauderdale
Region: Florida
Posts: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post
Ford hiring 6,500 workers at Flatrock, no thanks.
Your not going to buy a new Mustang because they are hiring 6500 people? I don't understand how that's a bad thing
xxPIKExx is offline  
Old 09-02-2013, 01:43 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
tc x 4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Indiana
Posts: 3,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxPIKExx View Post

Your not going to buy a new Mustang because they are hiring 6500 people? I don't understand how that's a bad thing
That many new employees at one plant, quality is gonna suffer. I'm not sure if the Flatrock plant has more than one line or not. They plan to start building the fusion there also due to Mexico not meeting the demand.
tc x 4 is offline  
Old 09-02-2013, 01:46 PM   #22
Lorraine's driver

Regular
 
ab_mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 7,860
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post

That many new employees at one plant, quality is gonna suffer. I'm not sure if the Flatrock plant has more than one line or not. They plan to start building the fusion there also due to Mexico not meeting the demand.
I also believe there will be some shared chassis cores. For instance, the new Mustang might be a Fusion at the core. That could allow them to run with limited floor space, but I'm not sure how big that plant is.
__________________
Instagram: @ab_mach1
ab_mach1 is offline  
Old 09-02-2013, 03:15 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
tc x 4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Indiana
Posts: 3,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post

I also believe there will be some shared chassis cores. For instance, the new Mustang might be a Fusion at the core. That could allow them to run with limited floor space, but I'm not sure how big that plant is.
They say they're not gonna use the same core, but I've worked in assembly plants all over the Midwest and that's how it's done. There's just too many changes to the mustang to not believe the core will be the same, especially if they only have one line.

---------- Post added at 04:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:12 PM ----------

Changing the tooling to run a different model takes 12weeks. Building a new line takes 2yrs.
tc x 4 is offline  
Old 09-02-2013, 03:39 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular
 
tc x 4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Indiana
Posts: 3,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post
Ford hiring 6,500 workers at Flatrock, no thanks.
I was wrong, 1,500 at Flatrock, 6,500 nation wide.
tc x 4 is offline  
Old 09-02-2013, 04:05 PM   #25
Lorraine's driver

Regular
 
ab_mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 7,860
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post

They say they're not gonna use the same core, but I've worked in assembly plants all over the Midwest and that's how it's done. There's just too many changes to the mustang to not believe the core will be the same, especially if they only have one line.

---------- Post added at 04:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:12 PM ----------

Changing the tooling to run a different model takes 12weeks. Building a new line takes 2yrs.
^yup, I agree. I've seen two separate companies where one bought the other and that was the first thing they did...consolidate manufacturing processes between the two.
__________________
Instagram: @ab_mach1
ab_mach1 is offline  
Old 09-03-2013, 12:04 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular
 
Xavier9370's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 123
I have to see and test drive one in person to make a decision. But I am staying positive in the change

---------- Post added at 12:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 AM ----------

If I don't like it I would then get 2014
Xavier9370 is offline  
Old 09-03-2013, 03:27 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular
 
2013mustang5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Cream ridge
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 461
My dad is going to be getting the 2014.5 or 15.5 witch ever edition it is, either that or the 15 model witch ever replaces the gt500

---------- Post added at 04:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:24 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post

That many new employees at one plant, quality is gonna suffer. I'm not sure if the Flatrock plant has more than one line or not. They plan to start building the fusion there also due to Mexico not meeting the demand.
Your an idiot, quality isn't going to suffer because they hire more people at a plant... You have no clue what your taking about
__________________
2013 mustang 5.0 track pack(first mustang)
2013mustang5.0 is offline  
Old 09-03-2013, 03:31 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular
 
tc x 4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Indiana
Posts: 3,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013mustang5.0 View Post
My dad is going to be getting the 2014.5 or 15.5 witch ever edition it is, either that or the 15 model witch ever replaces the gt500

---------- Post added at 04:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:24 AM ----------



Your an idiot, quality isn't going to suffer because they hire more people at a plant... You have no clue what your taking about
I've got your idiot, you can disagree without acting your age.
tc x 4 is offline  
Old 09-03-2013, 06:29 PM   #29
Registered User
Newbie
 
Echelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Canada
Region: Canada
Posts: 9
Maybe I will buy a 2015 I was on my way for a shelby convertible 2014 but I dint know what will be the the 2015 so I could make a mistake to pass throw the 2014 or maybe love the new look and engine of 2015c at this price better been cautions for make the right choice. Inthe worst case I could by a used 2014 if I didn't like the2015. I have actually a GT 2005 convertible and I love it. Sorry about the language guys but English is not my first one. Cheers everybody
Echelon is offline  
Old 09-03-2013, 08:48 PM   #30
Lorraine's driver

Regular
 
ab_mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 7,860
Quote:
Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
Maybe I will buy a 2015 I was on my way for a shelby convertible 2014 but I dint know what will be the the 2015 so I could make a mistake to pass throw the 2014 or maybe love the new look and engine of 2015c at this price better been cautions for make the right choice. Inthe worst case I could by a used 2014 if I didn't like the2015. I have actually a GT 2005 convertible and I love it. Sorry about the language guys but English is not my first one. Cheers everybody
It may work to your advantage when the '15 comes out. Prices for the '14 Shelby's could come down a little if the new 2015 is a hit.
__________________
Instagram: @ab_mach1
ab_mach1 is offline  
Old 09-03-2013, 09:13 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
I'm thinking of buying a V8, V6 and 4 banger turbo model all at once. That way I have some weekly variety. Just to mix it up. I'll most likely sell the house and get a roomy , cozy, used double wide trailer and have my three new mustangs. Life just doesn't get any better than that.
2011 Kona Blue is offline  
Old 09-03-2013, 10:11 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular
 
xxPIKExx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Ft Lauderdale
Region: Florida
Posts: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
I'm thinking of buying a V8, V6 and 4 banger turbo model all at once. That way I have some weekly variety. Just to mix it up. I'll most likely sell the house and get a roomy , cozy, used double wide trailer and have my three new mustangs. Life just doesn't get any better than that.
Your next Mustang will be the V8. I'm very much looking forward to that day.
xxPIKExx is offline  
Old 09-03-2013, 10:27 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black on Boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Perry, GA
Region: Georgia
Posts: 7,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverskoundrel View Post
I can tell you NOT I
I second that lol
Black on Boss is offline  
Old 09-03-2013, 10:33 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black on Boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Perry, GA
Region: Georgia
Posts: 7,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
I'm thinking of buying a V8, V6 and 4 banger turbo model all at once. That way I have some weekly variety. Just to mix it up. I'll most likely sell the house and get a roomy , cozy, used double wide trailer and have my three new mustangs. Life just doesn't get any better than that.
Gonna one up Charlie go you
Black on Boss is offline  
Old 09-04-2013, 07:08 AM   #35
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Boss View Post

Gonna one up Charlie go you
That's right. I'm gonna show Charlie whose boss. Lmao
2011 Kona Blue is offline  
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



07:31 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.