2015 Mustang Revealed (First Official Images)! in Autoweek Magazine - Page 17 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-18-2013, 11:04 PM   #561
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMVEC View Post
I agree on the 450hp for the '15 model. In my opinion, the 2015 engine will be a refreshed Boss 302 but bumped from 444 to 450. Ford has done this many times in the past. I highly doubt the 475 power figure in a GT model. I believe the V8 models will be setup in the following manner:

GT: 450hp n/a
**Mach 1/Boss: 500-550hp n/a
**GT350/Cobra: 650-700hp twin turbo

**the Mach 1/Boss and GT350/Covra could end up swapping their positions in the hierarchy of premium V8 models--similar to what GM did with the Z28 and ZL1 Camaro...
Mach 1 isn't until 2018, and I could see it pushing around 500-520hp.

I don't think we'll ever see a Mustang break the 700hp mark. Not because it's not possible, but because it's unnecessary. Anything above 500-600ish is just gravy. All that power will just be bottlenecked by the transmission, gears, driveshaft and other areas of the car. I think in a few years we'll see that hp numbers for sports cars will top off and the focus will change from power to delivery, fuel economy, and quality of parts that go into the car.
mrkrabz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2013, 11:40 PM   #562
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tire Shaker View Post
Nothing to get excited about the SRA for the street. The SRA is to be expected for the track only serious drag racers . In order for Ford to maintain their Cobra Jet program with the new Mustang, they would need a 9 inch Ford rear end under it.
As far as the 2015 5.0 goes, I think the horsepower will be closer to 475 than 430.

If and that's a BIG if they implement direct injection in the 2015 then I can see 475 +Hp no problem but since there is no official spec sheet it's speculation
with that being said I think DI will not hit until 2016-17 so Ford can increase the hp on the new mustang.... year by year and keep the sales up .....
so 450 hp is a more realistic number for the 2015 I think.
gladiatoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 12:13 AM   #563
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladiatoro View Post

If and that's a BIG if they implement direct injection in the 2015 then I can see 475 +Hp no problem but since there is no official spec sheet it's speculation
with that being said I think DI will not hit until 2016-17 so Ford can increase the hp on the new mustang.... year by year and keep the sales up .....
so 450 hp is a more realistic number for the 2015 I think.
O_o yes I... Agree with this finally

---------- Post added at 12:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 AM ----------

=)
DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-19-2013, 02:05 AM   #564
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkrabz View Post
Mach 1 isn't until 2018, and I could see it pushing around 500-520hp. I don't think we'll ever see a Mustang break the 700hp mark. Not because it's not possible, but because it's unnecessary. Anything above 500-600ish is just gravy. All that power will just be bottlenecked by the transmission, gears, driveshaft and other areas of the car. I think in a few years we'll see that hp numbers for sports cars will top off and the focus will change from power to delivery, fuel economy, and quality of parts that go into the car.
Super snake Shelby gt500?

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
1999 35th Anniversary V6(SOLD)
V6 stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 05:53 AM   #565
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by V6 stang View Post

Super snake Shelby gt500?
Super Snake isn't a production model. You send it off to be upgraded by Shelby so technically correct.
Old 12-19-2013, 06:11 AM   #566
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Mach 1 isn't until 2018, and I could see it pushing around 500-520hp.

I don't think we'll ever see a Mustang break the 700hp mark. Not because it's not possible, but because it's unnecessary. Anything above 500-600ish is just gravy. All that power will just be bottlenecked by the transmission, gears, driveshaft and other areas of the car. I think in a few years we'll see that hp numbers for sports cars will top off and the focus will change from power to delivery, fuel economy, and quality of parts that go into the car.

No one knows for sure when the Mach 1/Boss will return to the line up but I agree on the n/a power numbers.

As for hitting the 700hp mark on a premium model, I think it's realistic especially if the marketing guys want to prove that Mustang is truly bang for the buck. The '13 GT500 proved that against the Vette...the '15--with its many improvements--will definitely be expected to do the same or better. On the flip side of that, the design of the new car has really focused on driving dynamics so it also wouldn't surprise me if the power number is a conservative 650ish but more of a
drivers car.
MMVEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 06:18 AM   #567
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

No one knows for sure when the Mach 1/Boss will return to the line up but I agree on the n/a power numbers.

As for hitting the 700hp mark on a premium model, I think it's realistic especially if the marketing guys want to prove that Mustang is truly bang for the buck. The '13 GT500 proved that against the Vette...the '15--with its many improvements--will definitely be expected to do the same or better. On the flip side of that, the design of the new car has really focused on driving dynamics so it also wouldn't surprise me if the power number is a conservative 650ish but more of a
drivers car.
Yeah thus people are making fun of the new 2015 Mustang with a Roundel badge. Ford's new The Ultimate Driving Machine.

I love the new driver focus.
Old 12-19-2013, 09:12 AM   #568
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasStang77 View Post
Super Snake isn't a production model. You send it off to be upgraded by Shelby so technically correct.
Old 12-19-2013, 03:46 PM   #569
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Here is a render of the new Mach 1Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1387489600.093029.jpg
Views:	380
Size:	138.3 KB
ID:	142240
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 08:38 PM   #570
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
Here is a render of the new Mach 1Attachment 142240

Looks good to me , aggressive ....
Old 12-22-2013, 12:29 AM   #571
Registered Member
Regular

Anyone else seen this?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-424499630.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	471.8 KB
ID:	142543  
Fender868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 05:29 AM   #572
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fender868 View Post
Anyone else seen this?
I haven't played NFS in a solid 2-3 years. I prefer more realistic racing like Forza.
9tee7pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 06:15 AM   #573
Abominable Mustang

Regular
Staff

Region: Alaska
I believe Forza 5 has it for download too

Sent from my HTC One X using Mustang Evolution mobile app
LCA Relocation brackets, AE driveshaft, GT 80mm TB,
Black 18x9/10 2010 GT500 Wheels w/ Nitto NT555s,
Eibach Sportline Springs/shocks & Koni STR.T Struts
WhoDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 08:10 AM   #574
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9tee7pony View Post
I haven't played NFS in a solid 2-3 years. I prefer more realistic racing like Forza.
I'm real disappointed with Forza 5. Having never played a Forza game before, I was looking forward to the "realism" that I keep hearing about. I wasn't impressed.
Old 12-22-2013, 08:19 AM   #575
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'm real disappointed with Forza 5. Having never played a Forza game before, I was looking forward to the "realism" that I keep hearing about. I wasn't impressed.
Gran Turismo 6 is much better , I just bought it , very realistic but the series has always been that way .
Old 12-22-2013, 01:39 PM   #576
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Neither Forza or GTA are a true simulator like you can get on a PC, but their pretty good. I don't have Forza 5 so I can't be for certain, but I feel like Microsoft pushed Turn 10 to get it out in time for the Xbox One launch and it isn't what it could have been if they had the time they need to make a really good game. I'll just keep playing Forza 4 because I don't feel like dropping the money for the new Xbox, or Playstation for that matter.
9tee7pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 07:17 AM   #577
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9tee7pony View Post
Neither Forza or GTA are a true simulator like you can get on a PC, but their pretty good. I don't have Forza 5 so I can't be for certain, but I feel like Microsoft pushed Turn 10 to get it out in time for the Xbox One launch and it isn't what it could have been if they had the time they need to make a really good game. I'll just keep playing Forza 4 because I don't feel like dropping the money for the new Xbox, or Playstation for that matter.
Gran Turismo is about as good as a simulator one can get no PC game even comes close GT 6 has over 1200 cars , it's the real deal.... I was just driving the new M4 BMW in it rumors are the new mustang will be a download in the near future with that being said the 2013 Shelby GT500 is in the game too which is cool plus a BOSS 2013 and even my 05 GT and some classic Shelbys etc...and Mach 1's

Old 12-23-2013, 08:52 AM   #578
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Gran Turismo is about as good as a simulator one can get no PC game even comes close GT 6 has over 1200 cars , it's the real deal.... I was just driving the new M4 BMW in it rumors are the new mustang will be a download in the near future with that being said the 2013 Shelby GT500 is in the game too which is cool plus a BOSS 2013 and even my 05 GT and some classic Shelbys etc...and Mach 1's

There was an arcade game called Ferrari Challenge. That was the realest simulator. Was available for the PC too. Can't remember but I think it was available for the PS2/3
Old 12-23-2013, 02:10 PM   #579
Road Trip!

Region: New York
Ok time to move this to the audio video section... Or we can get back on discussing the new 15'
dobypaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 02:53 PM   #580
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobypaw3 View Post
Ok time to move this to the audio video section... Or we can get back on discussing the new 15'

+1
Old 12-23-2013, 11:34 PM   #581
Registered Member
Regular

I move doubleDoobie to the corner of the room and put a dunce hat on him.

Besides that I thing almost every regarding the 2015 has been discussed to some extreme or the other.

All that's left is to wait for the car to come out and then get some sort of test with it done.

Until then, maybe we can discuss this interesting topic posed by motortrend - should ford come up with a baby mustang. The mustang is ford's entry level and flagship sports car neglecting the Ford GT since its no longer in production. Fok the Fusion. It's not a sports car or even close. Might be considered a sport rally type car if it has AWD.

Could this model make it out by 2018? Would it be RWD or FWD or AWD? V6? I4? Or a baby V8 thus making it fords new pony car?
Old 12-23-2013, 11:50 PM   #582
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Besides that I thing almost every regarding the 2015 has been discussed to some extreme or the other.

All that's left is to wait for the car to come out and then get some sort of test with it done.

Until then, maybe we can discuss this interesting topic posed by motortrend - should ford come up with a baby mustang. The mustang is ford's entry level and flagship sports car neglecting the Ford GT since its no longer in production. Fok the Fusion. It's not a sports car or even close. Might be considered a sport rally type car if it has AWD.

Could this model make it out by 2018? Would it be RWD or FWD or AWD? V6? I4? Or a baby V8 thus making it fords new pony car?

Good idea...start a new thread then. Doesn't make sense to start a new topic on this one. The nice thing about forums is that everyone gets to speculate--nothing wrong with that is there? With the excitement of the '15 I thinks it's healthy for the brand and the nameplate to continue the speculation before and after the public gets their chance to drive the new car especially since Ford is always reviewing what topics are being discussed and what enthusiasts are saying..positive or negative. This is part of their product development. As far as another halo car goes, don't discount a Ford GT successor just yet, there's a rumor Ford has a 458 Italia in their fleet...they wouldn't drop that kind of coin unless something was in the works....
Old 12-23-2013, 11:56 PM   #583
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Good idea...start a new thread then. Doesn't make sense to start a new topic on this one. The nice thing about forums is that everyone gets to speculate--nothing wrong with that is there? With the excitement of the '15 I thinks it's healthy for the brand and the nameplate to continue the speculation before and after the public gets their chance to drive the new car especially since Ford is always reviewing what topics are being discussed and what enthusiasts are saying..positive or negative. This is part of their product development. As far as another halo car goes, don't discount a Ford GT successor just yet, there's a rumor Ford has a 458 Italia in their fleet...they wouldn't drop that kind of coin unless something was in the works....

Ford has a 458 italia? I smell the return of American supercars... If it's true, have Ford name it the Ford GT-R. Successor to the Ford GT.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
Old 12-24-2013, 12:13 AM   #584
Registered Member
Regular

Not confirmed but I highly doubt any current employee at Ford would have one as their personal car, hence why it must be a fleet car...and if it is a fleet car, why would there be $250k benchmarking vehicle in the budget? Who knows? Maybe we'll all get a surprise at the Detroit Auto Show...maybe not
Old 12-24-2013, 12:24 AM   #585
Registered Member
Regular

Considering that BOTH the Mustang and the GT are iconic Ford nameplate there's pretty much NO discernible expansion for the marque to radically change the formulas of those existing lines. Yes you can argue globalization as an expansion but expansion is sometimes much more than sales figures.

It is sometimes measured as a brands entire lineup (in particular as a sporty brand or an competent offroading or a fuel efficient brand even).

However, that being said the best way to make the most headway into any particular market or marketplace is new product development of a completely separate line. Can a second sporty coupe help fuel fords global image of being a manufacturer of competent and competitive vehicles?
Old 12-24-2013, 12:52 PM   #586
Road Trip!

Region: New York
Quote:

Doubledoobie? What you want to get high?
dobypaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 01:12 PM   #587
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobypaw3 View Post

Doubledoobie? What you want to get high?
Lol Puff the Magic Dragon lived by the sea...
Old 01-15-2014, 05:39 PM   #588
Registered Member
Regular

Had a feeling this was coming...looks like it'll show up in the final scenes...

2015 Ford Mustang Confirmed For Need For Speed Movie: Video
Old 01-15-2014, 05:41 PM   #589
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Had a feeling this was coming...looks like it'll show up in the final scenes...

2015 Ford Mustang Confirmed For Need For Speed Movie: Video

Ooops...here's the link...

http://youtu.be/yiLPlQythhs
Old 01-16-2014, 10:39 PM   #590
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Pause the video at 0:03. That's a Mustang with a pretty fancy HUD. That's the interior of a 13. (Probably the Hero Stang) but the point of it was to showcase some of the 15. So, does that confirm that the 15 is getting a HUD? I sure do hope so!
Old 01-16-2014, 10:44 PM   #591
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Pause the video at 0:03. That's a Mustang with a pretty fancy HUD. That's the interior of a 13. (Probably the Hero Stang) but the point of it was to showcase some of the 15. So, does that confirm that the 15 is getting a HUD? I sure do hope so!

If that happens, I hope a conversion kit for a HUD will be available for the 11-14's.
Old 01-17-2014, 01:08 PM   #592
Registered Member
Regular

2015 Mustang GT is said to have 450 Hp with forged interals. + video / sound of
the new 5.0.

2015 Ford Mustang GT Starts Up, Revs V-8 Engine (W/ Video) - Motor Trend WOT[COLOR="Silver"]
Old 01-18-2014, 01:15 AM   #593
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
2015 Mustang GT is said to have 450 Hp with forged interals. + video / sound of
the new 5.0.

2015 Ford Mustang GT Starts Up, Revs V-8 Engine (W/ Video) - Motor Trend WOT[COLOR="Silver"]
OLD
Old 01-18-2014, 03:51 AM   #594
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Quote:

If so I'm gonna find a junker when they hit the junkyard and pull a HUD off. I love those things so frickin much. We've got one in my parents Vette and it's sick!!!

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 12:50 PM   #595
Abominable Mustang

Regular
Staff

Region: Alaska
Quote:
No, that HUD is just for the movie. It's all CGI. You can see that there is nowhere on the top of the dash for the display to be projected from. If you look at the Chevy HUDs, there's an obvious projector. Now, if the 2015s do have a HUD, it'll be much simpler like you see in the Corvettes and newer Camaros. Speed, fuel level, and maybe a blind spot warning icon. The one in this video actually shows a digital version of what he would see if he were to look in his side mirrors. That's some high tech s**t haha.
LCA Relocation brackets, AE driveshaft, GT 80mm TB,
Black 18x9/10 2010 GT500 Wheels w/ Nitto NT555s,
Eibach Sportline Springs/shocks & Koni STR.T Struts
WhoDat is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT

Tags
2015 mustang