2015 Mustang Revealed (First Official Images)! in Autoweek Magazine - Page 6 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-05-2013, 08:39 PM   #176
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: SE Michigan
Region: Michigan
Posts: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davey13GT View Post
As far as I'm concerned, the Mustang died with this release. It's a nice looking car, but this is not what a Mustang should be, sorry. Ford f'ed this up. The headlights are terrible. The front end screams Ford Fushion, the rear is just an eye sore. How does Ford go from the 10-14 style to THIS? Oh well. I guess you can say I'm relieved. Relieved that I won't have the urge to want another Mustang. My next new vehicle will be a truck, and likely a Chevy truck at that, as the Ford trucks keep looking uglier as well. I'll keep my '13 GT, garage kept and covered, driven for pleasure.
Oh quit with the over dramatics already. The nose is more of an evolution of the current S197, the LED bars in headlights are a throwback to the "gills" on the Gen1 cars headlights, and the more you look at the rear from a slightly elevated angle, the more the shape resembles the original fastbacks. You can say I'm biased all you want for working for Ford, but I'm just an IT schlep from a GM family, and a car enthusiast first.
JKLiNx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-05-2013, 08:42 PM   #177
Registered Member
Regular
 
Edd204's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Winnipeg
Region: Canada
Posts: 73
The 2 door fusion .. I mean the 2015 mustang doesn't look to bad. Definatly not enough for me to trade my modded 08 that's for sure. 2013/2014 look the best. The performance factor of the car seems pretty good tho. But maybe seeing it in person might change my view on it.
Edd204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 08:49 PM   #178
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edd204 View Post
The 2 door fusion .. I mean the 2015 mustang doesn't look to bad. Definatly not enough for me to trade my modded 08 that's for sure. 2013/2014 look the best. The performance factor of the car seems pretty good tho. But maybe seeing it in person might change my view on it.
You can make a lot of lesser cars perform with aftermarket parts. Thus reality sets in after 5 plus years of pent up waiting, huge hype, huge dreams and shipwrecked for many. Oh well. Look on the bright side fellows. There is always the 60th anniversary next generation stang to look forward too. Lol. Just saying.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-05-2013, 08:54 PM   #179
Registered Member
Regular
 
BIGHOSS5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Conroe
Region: Texas
Posts: 753
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobypaw3 View Post
Shelby is out from what I heard. As for the Ford factory aspect of the Mustang. ---------- Post added at 02:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:55 PM ---------- +1 perfectly said.
Really? I read that Shelby will quit making the GT350 but will continue to make the GT500. Ford is suppose to take the GT350 over and the "roomer" has it...Ford is making an TT "EcoBoost" V8 code named Voodoo 650hp stock for the GT350.
BIGHOSS5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 09:35 PM   #180
Registered Member
Regular
 
Doe_Rae_mi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 2,587
I just looked at some more pics and honestly I freakin love it. The rear looks sorda like a fastback. And honestly it's grown on me already. My favorite change tho is the rear of it. It's sexy IMO. The front coulda been better tho
Doe_Rae_mi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 09:38 PM   #181
Registered Member
Regular
 
gladiatoro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Kelowna BC
Region: Canada
Posts: 771
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
You can make a lot of lesser cars perform with aftermarket parts. Thus reality sets in after 5 plus years of pent up waiting, huge hype, huge dreams and shipwrecked for many. Oh well. Look on the bright side fellows. There is always the 60th anniversary next generation stang to look forward too. Lol. Just saying.
Yeah Kona 60 th that will be a bit of a wait though by then the mustang
may be electric ha.....
gladiatoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 09:59 PM   #182
Registered Member
Regular
 
Bear376's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Stillwater
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 351
Shelby's deal is that they will not produce models in competition with what Ford builds. Ford built the GT500, so Shelby could build the GT350. Since Ford announced that they will be building a GT350, Shelby had to cease. Which is likely why they decided to return to the Shelby GT.

The mods to the 5.0 are interesting. Using Boss 302 technology, and some other tech improvements, it looks like they found a way to produce the power of the Boss, but with the low end power for a daily driver.

I have found several interesting questions that I am wanting to find out more as possible. I have seen photos with a third vent between the two center vents. In other pics, they have two gauges. Option or not decided yet? I also noticed that one of the design sketches showed a slit side scoop that looked great to me. Possible option or future feature?

The automatics have been improved and will come standard with paddle shifters. This will be a plus for the international sales. A lot of questions to be answered. One of which is the sale date. Tradition would have them on the road in April, yet, we are being told that it will be released in the Fall of 2014.
__________________
2013 MCA Edition-Sterling Grey
Roush body kit - Splitters/hood scoop
Whiteline suspension w/Koni shocks
Bear376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 10:19 PM   #183
Registered Member
Regular
 
Edd204's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Winnipeg
Region: Canada
Posts: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doe_Rae_mi View Post
I just looked at some more pics and honestly I freakin love it. The rear looks sorda like a fastback. And honestly it's grown on me already. My favorite change tho is the rear of it. It's sexy IMO. The front coulda been better tho
Yea I kinda like the rear alot more than the front aswell . Not saying it's ugly its a nice car just at the moment I'm not blown away( mostly the front ) and I'm sure once I see a few rolling around it might grow on me. Me and the wife wanna buy a car toghter and nxt year when wife is done her schooling we wanna look for a higher end stang.( mainly a muscle car for her) Either the 2014 Shelby or if this car grows on us , maybe the higher performance model of it.
Edd204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 10:24 PM   #184
Registered Member
Regular
 
LukeRailey68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Owens Cross Roads
Region: Alabama
Posts: 244
Guys come on! Would you not abuse that rear or what??!! Imagine the incredible special edition models that will come from this! I can't wait to hit corners and slam gears in one of these.
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1765838311.jpg
Views:	360
Size:	290.8 KB
ID:	139943
LukeRailey68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 10:29 PM   #185
Registered Member
Regular
 
Robbiemustang96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 622
I like if. I think its different. Better then the same old style that we have had for almost 10 years. Well same chassis anyway. Like the S550 ( isnt that the chassis its on?)
Robbiemustang96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 10:34 PM   #186
Registered Member
Regular
 
TCopp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: KCMO
Region: Missouri
Posts: 1,260
Have you guys seen the SVT sketch? It said "The Terminator had returned," or something g of that nature. Looks pretty mean.
__________________

2013 GT/CS
TCopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 10:40 PM   #187
Registered Member
Regular
 
mrkrabz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 767
Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeRailey68 View Post
Guys come on! Would you not abuse that rear or what??!! Imagine the incredible special edition models that will come from this! I can't wait to hit corners and slam gears in one of these.
Attachment 139943
LIKE SERIOUSLY. TAKE IT RIGHT NOW. I WANT! That is one SEXY beast.
mrkrabz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 10:59 PM   #188
Registered Member
Regular
 
acornsmoke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Boca Raton
Region: Florida
Posts: 536
Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeRailey68 View Post
Guys come on! Would you not abuse that rear or what??!! Imagine the incredible special edition models that will come from this! I can't wait to hit corners and slam gears in one of these.
thats an Aston Martin /: obviously edited
acornsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 11:04 PM   #189
Registered Member
Regular
 
Edd204's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Winnipeg
Region: Canada
Posts: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by acornsmoke View Post
thats an Aston Martin /: obviously edited
Funny you say that. I showed my cousin the new mustang and he said it looked like an Aston Martin. But that black one shown earlier looks pretty cool.
Edd204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 11:04 PM   #190
Registered Member
Regular
 
TCopp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: KCMO
Region: Missouri
Posts: 1,260
It's shopped, but this doesn't look terrible.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1130175379.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	183.3 KB
ID:	139948
__________________

2013 GT/CS
TCopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 11:46 PM   #191
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladiatoro View Post

Yeah Kona 60 th that will be a bit of a wait though by then the mustang
may be electric ha.....
Lmao. Not too far off. Yeah right! Lol
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 11:49 PM   #192
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCopp View Post
Have you guys seen the SVT sketch? It said "The Terminator had returned," or something g of that nature. Looks pretty mean.
^ this little guy. Oh yeah.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20131206_004909.png
Views:	231
Size:	592.9 KB
ID:	139953
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 11:55 PM   #193
Registered Member
Regular
 
acornsmoke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Boca Raton
Region: Florida
Posts: 536
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edd204 View Post
Funny you say that. I showed my cousin the new mustang and he said it looked like an Aston Martin. But that black one shown earlier looks pretty cool.
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1813744779.jpg
Views:	276
Size:	290.4 KB
ID:	139954
acornsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 08:54 AM   #194
Registered Member
Regular
 
LukeRailey68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Owens Cross Roads
Region: Alabama
Posts: 244
Hahaha I was fooled
LukeRailey68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 03:54 PM   #195
Registered Member
Regular
 
gladiatoro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Kelowna BC
Region: Canada
Posts: 771
Same engine put more powerful rumors are the new motor will produce anywhere from 450 Hp to 475 Hp for the GT version , then there is the voodoo engine twin turbo coming in at 550 to 600 Hp. Likely direct injected that's how they are getting more Hp . I like the rear three vertical tail lights reminisced of the 1967-68 Fastback GT
but the front end hmmm.... not so sure on that one ..... almost looks like a Mazda / Bmw / Audi[COLOR="Silver"] combined. I just don't see Mustang(heritage) in the front end.... and then of course you have the all new IRS rear suspension which is light years ahead of the current solid axle , track driving/cornering will be amazing with that kind of modern set up and surely destroy even the new Boss Mustangs
that being said the car will be lighter and more powerful than previous generations so it will be fast as HELL......
gladiatoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 04:22 PM   #196
Registered Member
Regular
 
gladiatoro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Kelowna BC
Region: Canada
Posts: 771
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladiatoro View Post
Same engine put more powerful rumors are the new motor will produce anywhere from 450 Hp to 475 Hp for the GT version , then there is the voodoo engine twin turbo coming in at 550 to 600 Hp. Likely direct injected that's how they are getting more Hp . I like the rear three vertical tail lights reminisced of the 1967-68 Fastback GT
but the front end hmmm.... not so sure on that one ..... almost looks like a Mazda / Bmw / Audi[COLOR="Silver"] combined. I just don't see Mustang(heritage) in the front end.... and then of course you have the all new IRS rear suspension which is light years ahead of the current solid axle , track driving/cornering will be amazing with that kind of modern set up and surely destroy even the new Boss Mustangs
that being said the car will be lighter and more powerful than previous generations so it will be fast as HELL......
likely as fast or faster than the new z 28 Camaro which costs 60+ k , not bad at all.
gladiatoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 06:50 PM   #197
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
I'm just confused about why Ford is giving three engine options. I watched the after dark party from American Muscle who was there. A Ford rep spoke about the engine options and the 4 banger turbo will be more powerful than the V6 model. The 4 banger will have more HP and be a step up option from the base V6.

Also, an article reported the 2015 V6 model is loosing 5 HP taking it down to 300 HP in order to make more head room.

That's like making the 2015 V6 more powerful than the 5.0. I don't get why have a V6 model and 4 banger. Just do one of two things. Give a eco boost v6 turbo with 350 HP or just give the 4 banger turbo. I don't see any point in having the V6 and 4 banger. I think the 4 banger will sell far more units than the V6 model and there just isn't a point to having both.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 06:55 PM   #198
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Gardena
Region: California
Posts: 1,305
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
I'm just confused about why Ford is giving three engine options. I watched the after dark party from American Muscle who was there. A Ford rep spoke about the engine options and the 4 banger turbo will be more powerful than the V6 model. The 4 banger will have more HP and be a step up option from the base V6. Also, an article reported the 2015 V6 model is loosing 5 HP taking it down to 300 HP in order to make more head room. That's like making the 2015 V6 more powerful than the 5.0. I don't get why have a V6 model and 4 banger. Just do one of two things. Give a eco boost v6 turbo with 350 HP or just give the 4 banger turbo. I don't see any point in having the V6 and 4 banger. I think the 4 banger will sell far more units than the V6 model and there just isn't a point to having both.
theyre prolly just under rating it like Chevy did to their LS1 camaros. It's all about sales to them and less about performance. Inlike the buyers where we care more about performance but less about sales
KoolPwny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 07:02 PM   #199
Registered Member
Regular
 
SonOfPyro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Tempe
Region: Arizona
Posts: 21
When you throw FI into the mix, the cylinder number heirarchy kind of goes out the window. Also, the eco will likely be as expensive or more than the 5.0, putting it in a differently class.

---------- Post added at 06:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:01 PM ----------

Or at least more expensive than the v6
SonOfPyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 07:12 PM   #200
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfPyro View Post
When you throw FI into the mix, the cylinder number heirarchy kind of goes out the window. Also, the eco will likely be as expensive or more than the 5.0, putting it in a differently class.

---------- Post added at 06:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:01 PM ----------

Or at least more expensive than the v6
If I were too guess, the 4 banger will cost more than V6 model but less than 5.0. Now how much more than V6? That's the real question. Now how much less than 5.0? ?????

No point in having the two engines. Just give the 4 banger turbo, 5.0 and drop the 3.7.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 08:16 PM   #201
Registered Member
Regular
 
Vicello93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 156
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3636225924.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	126.4 KB
ID:	140057

Saw this on fb, I really like it!
Vicello93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 09:53 PM   #202
Registered Member
Regular
 
BIGHOSS5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Conroe
Region: Texas
Posts: 753
At first I didnt know if I like the new Mustang...Now I am sold
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4160984279.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	318.3 KB
ID:	140075  
BIGHOSS5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 10:21 PM   #203
Registered Member
Regular
 
Oh2freshstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Region: California
Posts: 2,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGHOSS5.0 View Post
At first I didnt know if I like the new Mustang...Now I am sold
Wow that's sexy!
__________________
-2012 Mustang 5.0- Stock (for now)
-2013 Mustang 3.7 (SOLD)- Best 1/8: 9.057 @ 80.67mph
Oh2freshstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 12:39 AM   #204
Registered Member
Regular
 
gladiatoro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Kelowna BC
Region: Canada
Posts: 771
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
If I were too guess, the 4 banger will cost more than V6 model but less than 5.0. Now how much more than V6? That's the real question. Now how much less than 5.0? ?????

No point in having the two engines. Just give the 4 banger turbo, 5.0 and drop the 3.7.
But Kona the 3.7 is a legend they can't drop that .....

gladiatoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 12:47 AM   #205
Registered Member
Regular
 
gladiatoro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Kelowna BC
Region: Canada
Posts: 771
The new motor may even have more Hp than the brand new corvette STINGRAY that's amazing that has 460 Hp , I think the GT will beat that Hp number and at a fraction
of the cost ..... for value Mustang is the king.... final specs will be available in January at the detroit auto show... A GT version will likely start at 37 k or so.... is my guess ... and
top out fully loaded in the mid 40's. That is amazing value for the performance no doubt.
gladiatoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 10:42 AM   #206
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladiatoro View Post

But Kona the 3.7 is a legend they can't drop that .....

So true, its legend runs deep through the hills of all lands.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 11:20 AM   #207
Registered Member
Regular
 
gladiatoro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Kelowna BC
Region: Canada
Posts: 771
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
So true, its legend runs deep through the hills of all lands.
as does the 4.6 3v
gladiatoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 11:21 AM   #208
Registered Member
Regular
 
mustangz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Virginia
Region: Virginia
Posts: 4,575
And the 5.0 4v
__________________
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 02:39 PM   #209
Registered Member
Regular
 
BIGHOSS5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Conroe
Region: Texas
Posts: 753
So they added this one today.. I like the white / black better...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1504773734.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	183.4 KB
ID:	140174  
BIGHOSS5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 02:46 PM   #210
Registered Member
Regular
 
V6 stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,252
The car Is starting to grow on me, just as a car, not a mustang. This in no way should be a mustang, but It looks like a nice little foreign.
__________________
"Hp sells cars, Tq wins races" - Carroll Shelby... RIP
2012 Mustang GT Convertible
Roush Exhaust

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
1999 35th Anniversary V6(SOLD)
V6 stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT

Tags
2015 mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



12:27 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.