2015 Mustang Revealed (First Official Images)! in Autoweek Magazine - Page 7 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-07-2013, 03:02 PM   #211
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
The rear suspension upgrade and bumped hp have me sold. It has been growing on me over the past few days. I went from Im going to be selling my 13 GT and getting a 15 GT. Aside from looks, the simple fact that it is 1) a mustang, 2) it is an improvement upon the previous generation, and 3) its a Ford have me changing my mind. Availability pending of course.
SonOfPyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2013, 03:57 PM   #212
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfPyro View Post
The rear suspension upgrade and bumped hp have me sold. It has been growing on me over the past few days. I went from Im going to be selling my 13 GT and getting a 15 GT. Aside from looks, the simple fact that it is 1) a mustang, 2) it is an improvement upon the previous generation, and 3) its a Ford have me changing my mind. Availability pending of course.
Wait for the svo variety.
DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 04:07 PM   #213
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
The 3.7 is a good engine that has a lot of fans. Many people still do not trust boosted engines. Ford will keep it as a base engine for those not wanting to pay extra. The HP is going to be the same, but they have to make as much noise about how much more the four has.
Bear376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2013, 05:28 PM   #214
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
I'm just confused about why Ford is giving three engine options. I watched the after dark party from American Muscle who was there. A Ford rep spoke about the engine options and the 4 banger turbo will be more powerful than the V6 model. The 4 banger will have more HP and be a step up option from the base V6. Also, an article reported the 2015 V6 model is loosing 5 HP taking it down to 300 HP in order to make more head room. That's like making the 2015 V6 more powerful than the 5.0. I don't get why have a V6 model and 4 banger. Just do one of two things. Give a eco boost v6 turbo with 350 HP or just give the 4 banger turbo. I don't see any point in having the V6 and 4 banger. I think the 4 banger will sell far more units than the V6 model and there just isn't a point to having both.
. There are a couple of reasons. 1) the government mandate for fuel economy. It doesn't have to be one car it is a model or manufacturer as a whole (4 cylinder boosts he average for the mustang). 2) the car is going to be sold over seas where registration and taxes go off of engine size and vehicle weight depending on the country. Also international fuel prices are outrageous if you are not in the Middle East where it cost me maybe .25 cents a liter when I lived there a couple of years ago. The 3.7 and 5.0 just won't sell in a lot of places overseas to the everyday person and that is what the Mustang is for, the everyday person. I have no issues with the third engine option. Let's face it we are all human and resistant to change, but this car will be embraced and make the Mustang even stronger of a brand than it already is.
Gunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 05:55 PM   #215
Registered Member
Regular

Not to mention many people are predominantly concerned with fuel efficiency and "the environment". I think the eco boost version isn't meant to be marketed in the same class as the v6 and v8. Most all of us here like mustangs because they're mustangs, but of course because of the hp and performance. The eco boost I don't believe was created with that mindset alone. Granted the eco engine has a lot of hp for what it is, factory standard, but I think that is secondary to the other advantages or selling points. The way I see it, there's the v6 and v8 mustangs, and then over there is the eco boost. I dont see the three engine models being all in the same category or listed in the same category. The eco boost model is something different and separate, and while I am sure performance was a significant consideration, I don't think ford sat down and said, lets make three stages of performance mustang. I think they said lets make two, the v6 and v8, and then lets also make a separate model with an eco. Its almost as if the eco wasn't specifically meant to compete with the v6 and v8, but be an option different from the other two.
Old 12-07-2013, 06:00 PM   #216
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfPyro View Post
Not to mention many people are predominantly concerned with fuel efficiency and "the environment". I think the eco boost version isn't meant to be marketed in the same class as the v6 and v8. Most all of us here like mustangs because they're mustangs, but of course because of the hp and performance. The eco boost I don't believe was created with that mindset alone. Granted the eco engine has a lot of hp for what it is, factory standard, but I think that is secondary to the other advantages or selling points. The way I see it, there's the v6 and v8 mustangs, and then over there is the eco boost. I dont see the three engine models being all in the same category or listed in the same category. The eco boost model is something different and separate, and while I am sure performance was a significant consideration, I don't think ford sat down and said, lets make three stages of performance mustang. I think they said lets make two, the v6 and v8, and then lets also make a separate model with an eco. Its almost as if the eco wasn't specifically meant to compete with the v6 and v8, but be an option different from the other two.
I think of it as the opposite. They are offering performance packs for the v8 and Eco, but not the v6. I feel like Ford is focusing on the v8 and the Eco and throwing the v6 on the back burner. They'll have it, but it's not their primary focus. They're actually lowering the output of the v6 on purpose to make the Eco more desirable. The Eco will also pout out more hp and torque than the v6, and it'll be at a higher price point. The v6 will become the affordable, lost cost option, while the v8 and Eco will step up and become the two new performance models.
mrkrabz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 06:02 PM   #217
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunner View Post
. There are a couple of reasons. 1) the government mandate for fuel economy. It doesn't have to be one car it is a model or manufacturer as a whole (4 cylinder boosts he average for the mustang). 2) the car is going to be sold over seas where registration and taxes go off of engine size and vehicle weight depending on the country. Also international fuel prices are outrageous if you are not in the Middle East where it cost me maybe .25 cents a liter when I lived there a couple of years ago. The 3.7 and 5.0 just won't sell in a lot of places overseas to the everyday person and that is what the Mustang is for, the everyday person. I have no issues with the third engine option. Let's face it we are all human and resistant to change, but this car will be embraced and make the Mustang even stronger of a brand than it already is.
Change is great. I love change. I'm all for the 4 banger turbo but crazy how the 6 cylinder will be under of the 4 cylinder. Its like making a 6 cylinder eco boost turbo that makes 450 HP and have the 5.0 at 445 HP. Doesn't really make any sense.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 06:42 PM   #218
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkrabz View Post

I think of it as the opposite. They are offering performance packs for the v8 and Eco, but not the v6. I feel like Ford is focusing on the v8 and the Eco and throwing the v6 on the back burner. They'll have it, but it's not their primary focus. They're actually lowering the output of the v6 on purpose to make the Eco more desirable. The Eco will also pout out more hp and torque than the v6, and it'll be at a higher price point. The v6 will become the affordable, lost cost option, while the v8 and Eco will step up and become the two new performance models.
I guess that's the piint I was making. Everyone is looking at the three as if they were conceived in the same vein. They weren't imo. If their goal was three performance choices they wouldn't have used a 4 banger. Just because the resulting performance faired well, it doesn't mean thats why it came to fruition.
Old 12-07-2013, 07:49 PM   #219
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Change is great. I love change. I'm all for the 4 banger turbo but crazy how the 6 cylinder will be under of the 4 cylinder. Its like making a 6 cylinder eco boost turbo that makes 450 HP and have the 5.0 at 445 HP. Doesn't really make any sense.
It's not all about cylinders it's about the bigger picture. A turbo 4 has more potential than a n/a 6 because with f\i is super easy to make hp & the tq comes almost instantly off the line!
Old 12-07-2013, 07:57 PM   #220
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh2freshstang View Post
It's not all about cylinders it's about the bigger picture. A turbo 4 has more potential than a n/a 6 because with f\i is super easy to make hp & the tq comes almost instantly off the line!
Super. I'm game for it bro Love it. Just give the 4 turbo and 5.0. No need for the V6 then.
Old 12-07-2013, 10:07 PM   #221
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Super. I'm game for it bro Love it. Just give the 4 turbo and 5.0. No need for the V6 then.
But then it would cost more for a base mustang. The v6 is gonna keep the mustang sales up. Not everyone is gonna wanna pay more for the ecoboost upgrade.
Old 12-07-2013, 10:26 PM   #222
Registered Member
Regular

There is room for all three engines.
Old 12-07-2013, 10:50 PM   #223

Region: Canada
I am thoroughly disappointed in the new mustang, when i look at it, i wonder as to what on earth were they thinking !!

How could you give the worlds most outstanding muscle car a lean lousy look.. Seriously is this happening for real ??

Did the mustang visuals and appeal get buried in the legendary Caroll Shelby's Grave ??
Jaskant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 10:53 PM   #224
Road Trip!

It honestly isn't too far off from the mustangs now. Just slight changes. Calm down people lol

---------- Post added at 08:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:52 PM ----------

Also I can't wait to see some ecoboost swaps! That's gonna be sick!! Maybe in a fox!!??
KoolPwny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 10:57 PM   #225

Ah cmon, think about it, muscle car means raw power not some shabby eco freindly crap..

Thats like runnin hybrids on Indy of Formula 1...

Defeats the purpose my freinds, please correct me if am wrong..
Old 12-07-2013, 10:59 PM   #226
Registered Member
Regular

People hate change. The naysayers will fall by the wayside, but will always have their opinions. I have no animosity towards the Mustang II, but hate when a Mustang does not have the vertical tri-bar taillights. Opinions are one thing, but not appreciating improvements is not bright.
Old 12-07-2013, 11:02 PM   #227
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear376 View Post
People hate change. The naysayers will fall by the wayside, but will always have their opinions. I have no animosity towards the Mustang II, but hate when a Mustang does not have the vertical tri-bar taillights. Opinions are one thing, but not appreciating improvements is not bright.
+1

I welcome change but most people hate it

If everything stayed the same all the time we would still be flintstoning our vehicles lol
Old 12-07-2013, 11:05 PM   #228

Hey you want improvements, go carbon fiber, improve suspension, handling, brakes.. But never compromise on power plant, no one would look at lambo is they start selling eco feeindly plants in them..

Take the stang to a next level, introduce GT500 with a V12 !! Just let the Stang loose and take it to a new dimension..
Old 12-07-2013, 11:06 PM   #229
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolPwny View Post
It honestly isn't too far off from the mustangs now. Just slight changes. Calm down people lol

---------- Post added at 08:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:52 PM ----------

Also I can't wait to see some ecoboost swaps! That's gonna be sick!! Maybe in a fox!!??
The Fusion, Focus, Taurus front facia really kills the car for me when it comes to American sexy muscle , pony car. The mustang is a Fusion/Taurus looking car with a 5.0 engine and IRS. You could stick the IRS and 5.0 engine in the Fusion and there is your 2015 mustang. Great looking car but not American Muscle. I'm not a Porsche fan at all but you don't see Germany automaker making the Porsche more American looking. Porsche really hasn't changed there exterior design of that car and looks similar whether its a 1956 or 2014 model. Ford created a super nice sports car, slapped on a front and rear pony and just borrowed the name mustang for that car. What do you have. You have an iconic car name that was given to a really nice looking American euro sports car.
Old 12-07-2013, 11:15 PM   #230
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaskant View Post
I am thoroughly disappointed in the new mustang, when i look at it, i wonder as to what on earth were they thinking !!

How could you give the worlds most outstanding muscle car a lean lousy look.. Seriously is this happening for real ??

Did the mustang visuals and appeal get buried in the legendary Caroll Shelby's Grave ??
The mustang started off lean... It's become bloated. So it should be taller and wider and longer and fatter?

It looks fine. See it in person first before you cry the sky is falling the sky is falling

---------- Post added at 11:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 PM ----------

Quote:
Hey you want improvements, go carbon fiber, improve suspension, handling, brakes.. But never compromise on power plant, no one would look at lambo is they start selling eco feeindly plants in them..

Take the stang to a next level, introduce GT500 with a V12 !! Just let the Stang loose and take it to a new dimension..
This they have a multitude of power plants. When its time for you to put the money up for the new stang then by all means choose the biggest displacement highest HP variety there is.

I don't believe a muscle car should have anything less than a v8 but hey people will buy what they can afford and want.
Old 12-07-2013, 11:15 PM   #231
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear376 View Post
I say improve baby. Bring on the technology. Bring on the big power with great gas millage. Heck, bring on 3 cylinder engines , if it can make huge power and give great MPG. That's all fine but give the darn car the American look. How about giving the world an original American design and let Europe strive to be us. There was a time in our history where American Automakers lead the way and was on top. How far have we fallen? Globally, automakers should be copying us not the other way around.

I think the fusion and Taurus exterior works for those vehicles because they are not a Mustang. Ford had an opportunity to make the mustang look like no other car in the world as did GM did with the new string ray and best Ford could come up with is a FUSTAURZSTANG.
Old 12-07-2013, 11:18 PM   #232
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

The Fusion, Focus, Taurus front facia really kills the car for me when it comes to American sexy muscle , pony car. The mustang is a Fusion/Taurus looking car with a 5.0 engine and IRS. You could stick the IRS and 5.0 engine in the Fusion and there is your 2015 mustang. Great looking car but not American Muscle. I'm not a Porsche fan at all but you don't see Germany automaker making the Porsche more American looking. Porsche really hasn't changed there exterior design of that car and looks similar whether its a 1956 or 2014 model. Ford created a super nice sports car, slapped on a front and rear pony and just borrowed the name mustang for that car. What do you have. You have an iconic car name that was given to a really nice looking American euro sports car.
Jesus ppl... Lol. I suppose you could stick Miss Universes dress in a pig and call the pig Miss Universe too.

If you seriously can't tell the huge difference between a fusion and the new mustang... You got more problems than ford will ever have getting people to fall in love with the new mustang.

Jesus why do people hate progress so much?
Old 12-07-2013, 11:24 PM   #233

Sky is already fallen. Improvements was needed at the interior and structural level not at the looks or the power plants.. You want improvements have a better , responsive tranny..

Mustang was suppose to stand out not blend in with other ford models..
Old 12-07-2013, 11:24 PM   #234
Registered Member
Regular

I wonder if people would still hate the 15 if the fusion didn't have the front end it has?
Old 12-07-2013, 11:30 PM   #235
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasStang77 View Post

Jesus ppl... Lol. I suppose you could stick Miss Universes dress in a pig and call the pig Miss Universe too.

If you seriously can't tell the huge difference between a fusion and the new mustang... You got more problems than ford will ever have getting people to fall in love with the new mustang.

Jesus why do people hate progress so much?
I guess that depends on if its good progress or bad progress. Progress can be ones perception or idea. Progress to some is to make an iconic pony car look like a Fusion , Taurus and 370z had a threesome and the 2015 mustang was born. Progress can be in the eyes of the beholder. Yes, its progress but debatable if its good progress. Progress to some would be give the world a one of a kind, original American looking most bad a$$, sexy pony car that screams American made. Just as an example. I love progress and totally behind it.

---------- Post added at 01:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:28 AM ----------

Quote:
I wonder if people would still hate the 15 if the fusion didn't have the front end it has?
Maybe not because at least then the Mustang would have an original design and not look like 3 or 4 other current Ford models.
Old 12-07-2013, 11:32 PM   #236
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

They have improved the suspension, brakes, and engines. Also the trannies and ergo dynamics. Instead of carbon fibre, they have more use of aluminum in the body. No manufacturer could have introduced this car five years ago. We need to appreciate what Ford has given us.
Old 12-07-2013, 11:33 PM   #237
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I guess that depends on if its good progress or bad progress. Progress can be ones perception or idea. Progress to some is to make an iconic pony car look like a Fusion , Taurus and 370z had a threesome and the 2015 mustang was born. Progress can be in the eyes of the beholder. Yes, its progress but debatable if its good progress. Progress to some would be give the world a one of a kind, original American looking most bad a$$, sexy pony car that screams American made. Just as an example. I love progress and totally behind it. ---------- Post added at 01:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:28 AM ---------- Maybe not because at least then the Mustang would have an original design and not look like 3 or 4 other current Ford models.
Then I don't see the problem . People are complaining that it looks ugly because it looks like a fusion but why compare it to anything else it's a mustang so let's compare it to only mustangs.
Old 12-07-2013, 11:34 PM   #238
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Sky is already fallen. Improvements was needed at the interior and structural level not at the looks or the power plants.. You want improvements have a better , responsive tranny..

Mustang was suppose to stand out not blend in with other ford models..
I have to completely agree. It just blends into the crowd of many other Ford vehicles. Maybe when people start modding them, they won't blend in but in stock format its a FUSTAURZSTANG..
Old 12-07-2013, 11:34 PM   #239
Registered Member
Regular

You're absolutely right. It's all in the eyes of the beholder. You will see what you are trying to see. Despite clear cut differences you will call a trapezoid a square if that's your intention.

I recuse myself from these argument. Can't argue with people with colored lenses.
Old 12-07-2013, 11:37 PM   #240

Did you guys look at the giugarro concept ?? I was seriously hoping they would borrow heavily from that concept. One piece glass roof, scissor doors, cmon its the 50th anniversary, make it stand out..

That would have been a blast. North America has a gift to give birth to a trend.. They did it 50 years ago, could have easily done it again..
Old 12-07-2013, 11:39 PM   #241
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Then I don't see the problem . People are complaining that it looks ugly because it looks like a fusion but why compare it to anything else it's a mustang so let's compare it to only mustangs.
1st, its not ugly. Its actually a very nice looking sports car that looks like a Fusion, Taurus, Focus from the front, a 370z from the side and rear I have no clue. Its hard to compare because it doesn't look like a mustang. It looks like some euro sports car and not an iconic American muscle sexy , raw machine.

---------- Post added at 01:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:38 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasStang77 View Post
You're absolutely right. It's all in the eyes of the beholder. You will see what you are trying to see. Despite clear cut differences you will call a trapezoid a square if that's your intention.

I recuse myself from these argument. Can't argue with people with colored lenses.
I was thinking of this as more of a friendly debate with clear lenses.
Old 12-07-2013, 11:43 PM   #242

Its not a matter of any arguments or debates.. Just a series of disappointments combined with utter nonsense and implemented into devloping a new stang out of it..
Old 12-07-2013, 11:43 PM   #243
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
1st, its not ugly. Its actually a very nice looking sports car that looks like a Fusion, Taurus, Focus from the front, a 370z from the side and rear I have no clue. Its hard to compare because it doesn't look like a mustang. It looks like some euro sports car and not an iconic American muscle sexy , raw machine. ---------- Post added at 01:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:38 AM ---------- I was thinking of this as more of a friendly debate with clear lenses.
It has way more similarities to the 13-14 mustang than a anything else IMO. I don't think it's that much of a dramatic change to get peoples panties in a bunch! It's a new era for muscle cars.
Old 12-07-2013, 11:45 PM   #244
Road Trip!

Quote:
It has way more similarities to the 13-14 mustang than a anything else IMO. I don't think it's that much of a dramatic change to get peoples panties in a bunch! It's a new era for muscle cars.
x10839294 my point to the tee!!
Old 12-07-2013, 11:46 PM   #245
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Its not a matter of any arguments or debates.. Just a series of disappointments combined with utter nonsense and implemented into devloping a new stang out of it..
Lmao.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT

Tags
2015 mustang