2015 Mustang Revealed (First Official Images)! in Autoweek Magazine - Page 8 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-07-2013, 11:46 PM   #246
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh2freshstang View Post
It has way more similarities to the 13-14 mustang than a anything else IMO. I don't think it's that much of a dramatic change to get peoples panties in a bunch! It's a new era for muscle cars.
That's true its a new era but this is not muscle. Its sports car euro. You can't have euro muscle. Lol
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2013, 11:49 PM   #247

Region: Canada
I am so glad i settled on a 2013 GT. I was worried the 2015 will take the life out of me but boy i survived with flying colors..
Jaskant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 11:56 PM   #248
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
That's true its a new era but this is not muscle. Its sports car euro. You can't have euro muscle. Lol
Lmao. It's a 420+ (Muscle) Ford Mustang (American made) = American Muscle. New & improved MUSCLE car. I've head people say a car that if it isn't stripped down to the bare bones isn't a true muscle car so that's been gone forever if u wanna look at it that way! Lmao. GPS in a muscle car?? Lmao.

---------- Post added at 09:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolPwny View Post
x10839294 my point to the tee!!
Tell en bro!

---------- Post added at 09:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaskant View Post
I am so glad i settled on a 2013 GT. I was worried the 2015 will take the life out of me but boy i survived with flying colors..
I hear so many people say that! It just sounds like they're trying to make themselves feel better about their decision.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2013, 11:57 PM   #249
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
I dreamed of a 1970 Mustang Mach 1 during high school. I went into the Army for three years, and they came out with the 71-73 Mustangs. That was as far as I ever want to see from my perception of a Mustang. But it is still a Mustang, and has a lot of fans. But, I will always think of it as a modified Torino.
Bear376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 11:58 PM   #250
Road Trip!

A muscle car is a muscle car regardless of what it looks like. As long as it's fast and angry it's ok in my book. Nothing ford is doing is new at all. They're just doing things they've already done and making them 1000x better for the modern world. All of fords cars look like other ford cars of that gen. It's just what they do. Mustangs have changed looks and performance since it's creation and I would be disappointed only of ot was slower. Some of you may say the v6 is slower but yeah I really ****en doubt that. They just underrated it as to no deter ecoboost sales. The 15 looks not far from the 13-14 models.
KoolPwny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 11:58 PM   #251

Well the expectations were above the roof for the 2015.. It was going to be a new making in the history not just an addendum to a chapter..
Jaskant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 12:00 AM   #252
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
A muscle car is a muscle car regardless of what it looks like. As long as it's fast and angry it's ok in my book. Nothing ford is doing is new at all. They're just doing things they've already done and making them 1000x better for the modern world. All of fords cars look like other ford cars of that gen. It's just what they do. Mustangs have changed looks and performance since it's creation and I would be disappointed only of ot was slower. Some of you may say the v6 is slower but yeah I really ****en doubt that. They just underrated it as to no deter ecoboost sales. The 15 looks not far from the 13-14 models.
+1
Old 12-08-2013, 12:55 AM   #253
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Lmao. It's a 420+ (Muscle) Ford Mustang (American made) = American Muscle. New & improved MUSCLE car. I've head people say a car that if it isn't stripped down to the bare bones isn't a true muscle car so that's been gone forever if u wanna look at it that way! Lmao. GPS in a muscle car?? Lmao.

---------- Post added at 09:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 PM ----------

Tell en bro!

---------- Post added at 09:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 PM ----------

I hear so many people say that! It just sounds like they're trying to make themselves feel better about their decision.
^Or, maybe people say this because their just truly happy about their decision. Not everything is a big conspiracy theory. Perhaps people don't need to justify their purchases and are very happy with there current owned model.
Old 12-08-2013, 01:04 AM   #254
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
^Or, maybe people say this because their just truly happy about their decision. Not everything is a big conspiracy theory. Perhaps people don't need to justify their purchases and are very happy with there current owned model.
Maybe & I hope that's true but that's just how it sounds to me! Haha.
Old 12-08-2013, 08:51 AM   #255
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Maybe & I hope that's true but that's just how it sounds to me! Haha.
I do like the 2015 mustang for its a really nice and sexy sports car. It will fit in wonderful with the other euro sports car market type.
Old 12-08-2013, 09:15 AM   #256
Registered Member
Regular

I think once people test drive the new Mustang GT they will be blown away by the performance I read yesterday that the GT version will have 475 Hp and is direct injected
as I thought with a curb weight of around 3400 pds , the source seemed valid ..... and IRS for amazing handling ....
with those numbers this new gen will be a beast with world class performance right
out of the box that being said I think the new look will grow on people I'm starting
to like it more and more heck I may even buy one I have room for a second muscle
car in my garage....
gladiatoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 09:15 AM   #257
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I must be the few that can see the elephant in the room because we got a really fast , amazing handling Fusion with pony emblems on it. Again it's a great looking sexy euro sports car but not American lean muscle.

Name:   image-4010955263.jpg
Views: 211
Size:  23.9 KB

Fusion^

Name:   image-2148606649.jpg
Views: 194
Size:  20.3 KB

Fusion^

Name:   image-1598208459.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  35.4 KB

Name:   image-4230907195.jpg
Views: 166
Size:  32.1 KB

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2549201592.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	382.8 KB
ID:	140317

Name:	image-391379966.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	270.5 KB
ID:	140319

Name:	image-3976262745.jpg
Views:	225
Size:	465.4 KB
ID:	140318
Old 12-08-2013, 09:19 AM   #258
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I must be the few that can see the elephant in the room because we got a really fast , amazing handling Fusion with pony emblems on it. Again it's a great looking sexy euro sports car but not American lean muscle.

Attachment 140312

Fusion^

Attachment 140313

Fusion^

Attachment 140315

Attachment 140316

Attachment 140317

Attachment 140319

Attachment 140318

Your right Kona the front is very similar to a fusion of course the performance
will be much higher than the fusion , I do like the rear the best though
I think it looks great the front still bothers me though a bit.... but I think it will
grow on people Ford had to change it's part of the evolution of a modern day
muscle car , the guys at top gear will like this one they will say something like
the mustang has finally come out of the stone age ....... IRS and all...
Old 12-08-2013, 09:19 AM   #259
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladiatoro View Post
I think once people test drive the new Mustang GT they will be blown away by the performance I read yesterday that the GT version will have 475 Hp and is direct injected as I thought with a curb weight of around 3400 pds , the source seemed valid ..... with those numbers this new gen will be a beast with world class performance right out of the box that being said I think the new look will grow on people I'm starting to like it more and more heck I may even buy one I have room for a second muscle car in my garage....
No doubt the numbers and performance will be incredible with world class performance, I wonder what this new world class performance will cost? The mustang was never about being world class. It was about being raw , sexy and even Joe the plumber could afford to have.
Old 12-08-2013, 09:30 AM   #260
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
No doubt the numbers and performance will be incredible with world class performance, I wonder what this new world class performance will cost? The mustang was never about being world class. It was about being raw , sexy and even Joe the plumber could afford to have.
Yeah I wonder too the price although they can't go too high if they want to sell a lot of them ..... since they are marketing the car world wide high volume sales are to be expected , I would think a GT would start at the low 40's.....
Old 12-08-2013, 09:32 AM   #261
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Your right Kona the front is very similar to a fusion of course the performance will be much higher than the fusion , I do like the rear the best though I think it looks great the front still bothers me though a bit....
The rear is totally different than the Fusion so I'll give you that. Lol but where is the original , one of a kind design for the 2015 next generation mustang. Ford just took the Fusion front facia, headlights, side profile, slapped pony emblems on it along with 5.0 engine and IRS. There you have it. An amazing fast, awesome handling Fusion. Where is the original world class one of a kind looking exterior? Yes, many Ford cars looked similar back in the day but what happened to all this talk about progress and moving forward. Ford designed the mustang to look alike other models which they did that 30 plus years ago so that's not progress, that's same old same old. Yes, the new mustang looks great but so does the Fusion and Taurus which is what the mustang will look like. ---------- Post added at 11:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 AM ----------
Quote:
Yeah I wonder too the price although they can't go too high if they want to sell a lot of them ..... since they are marketing the car world wide high volume sales are to be expected , I would think a GT would start at the low 40's
Low 40's . Holy scrap batman. God I hope not. This is a mustang not a high end luxury sports car. Lol
Old 12-08-2013, 09:33 AM   #262
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
The rear is totally different than the Fusion so I'll give you that. Lol but where is the original , one of a kind design for the 2015 next generation mustang. Ford just took the Fusion front facia, headlights, side profile, slapped pony emblems on it along with 5.0 engine and IRS. There you have it. An amazing fast, awesome handling Fusion. Where is the original world class one of a kind looking exterior? Yes, many Ford cars looked similar back in the day but what happened to all this talk about progress and moving forward. Ford designed the mustang to look alike other models which they did that 20 plus years ago so that's not progress, that's same old same old.

Yes, the new mustang looks great but so does the Fusion and Taurus which is what the mustang will look like.
That is true if you see one in your rear view mirror you may think there is a fusion behind you... not a Mustang... until it blows by you and you see the rear ha...
Old 12-08-2013, 09:34 AM   #263
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
That is true if you see one in your rear view mirror you may think there is a fusion behind you... not a Mustang...
Thank you. Another person who can see the elephant in the room. Where is the one of a kind world class looking original design?
Old 12-08-2013, 09:36 AM   #264
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
The rear is totally different than the Fusion so I'll give you that. Lol but where is the original , one of a kind design for the 2015 next generation mustang. Ford just took the Fusion front facia, headlights, side profile, slapped pony emblems on it along with 5.0 engine and IRS. There you have it. An amazing fast, awesome handling Fusion. Where is the original world class one of a kind looking exterior? Yes, many Ford cars looked similar back in the day but what happened to all this talk about progress and moving forward. Ford designed the mustang to look alike other models which they did that 30 plus years ago so that's not progress, that's same old same old. Yes, the new mustang looks great but so does the Fusion and Taurus which is what the mustang will look like. ---------- Post added at 11:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 AM ---------- Low 40's . Holy scrap batman. God I hope not. This is a mustang not a high end luxury sports car. Lol
Well with all the improvements they made I think it will be quite high...
but I hope I'm wrong of course...

---------- Post added at 07:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:35 AM ----------

Quote:
Thank you. Another person who can see the elephant in the room. Where is the one of a kind world class looking original design?
Old 12-08-2013, 09:44 AM   #265
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Well with all the improvements they made I think it will be quite high... but I hope I'm wrong of course... ---------- Post added at 07:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:35 AM ----------
You could be right and again Ford moving away from what a mustang was. The average guy sexy pony muscle car.
Old 12-08-2013, 09:48 AM   #266
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
You could be right and again Ford moving away from what a mustang was. The average guy sexy pony muscle car.
Since they are selling it globally the price may not be as bad as I think high
volume should reduce price point...
Old 12-08-2013, 10:39 AM   #267
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
My biggest problem is everyone is caught up on it doesn't look like a "muscle car". News flash the Mustang was never a "muscle car" it's a "pony car" the ford muscle car the the Torino. The 2015 Mustang seems meet each of these "pony car" criteria. Just my two cents

Name:	image-2937080910.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	99.1 KB
ID:	140321
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-3027604964.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	235.8 KB
ID:	140322  
SoberGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 10:40 AM   #268
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Since they are selling it globally the price may not be as bad as I think high
volume should reduce price point...
Hopefully, for the mustang enthusiasts that can't afford a 40k base 5.0. Lol
Old 12-08-2013, 10:42 AM   #269
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoberGT View Post
My biggest problem is everyone is caught up on it doesn't look like a "muscle car". News flash the Mustang was never a "muscle car" it's a "pony car" the ford muscle car the the Torino. The 2015 Mustang seems meet each of these "pony car" criteria. Just my two cents
my bad didn't realize Hmiller just posted something like this on a different thread lmao
Old 12-08-2013, 10:51 AM   #270
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Okay. Ill agree on the pony part but there was some serious muscle in the 70's on up with the car. Sporty is different than sports car. My only issue with the exterior design is it looks like the other Ford models and no originality in its design. It does not stand out in a crowd as in factory form. Its a European looking sports coupe that lost its American design look.
Old 12-08-2013, 10:55 AM   #271
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Okay. Ill agree on the pony part but there was some serious muscle in the 70's on up with the car. Sporty is different than sports car. My only issue with the exterior design is it looks like the other Ford models and no originality in its design. It does not stand out in a crowd as in factory form. Its a European looking sports coupe that lost its American design look.
i see where you're coming from I can understand that. I'm not a fan of it but I also don't really hate it. What I like about it is that seems like it has a lot of personalization potential. But I love the 70s model year to be honest this is my dream car 1973 Mach 1

Name:	image-1278476929.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	300.6 KB
ID:	140323

Just look at that boat 😄
Old 12-08-2013, 11:17 AM   #272
Registered Member
Regular

I prefer the 67-68 GT Fastback ....

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1967 Mustang GT Fastback  3.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	206.3 KB
ID:	140324   Click image for larger version

Name:	1967 Mustang GT Fastback.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	33.7 KB
ID:	140325  

Old 12-08-2013, 11:19 AM   #273
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
This thread is a big circle. Same things are said over and over again, haha.

2013 GT/CS
TCopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 11:23 AM   #274
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
i see where you're coming from I can understand that. I'm not a fan of it but I also don't really hate it. What I like about it is that seems like it has a lot of personalization potential. But I love the 70s model year to be honest this is my dream car 1973 Mach 1 Just look at that boat dde04
You and me both love that car
03Graymach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 11:32 AM   #275
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
i see where you're coming from I can understand that. I'm not a fan of it but I also don't really hate it. What I like about it is that seems like it has a lot of personalization potential. But I love the 70s model year to be honest this is my dream car 1973 Mach 1

Just look at that boat ?de04
My god man. If that car wasn't sent from the muscle car gods. Lol. It may be pony but that's American Muscle. Can it handle like a 2015 mustang. Heck no, would get raped every time but that's raw , sexy straight line power. Its American looking and bad a$$ to the 100th degree.

I don't hate it either bro and in fact think its a sexy looking car, just a European looking sports car that lost its American design. Ford lost its edge to produce a one of a kind , design for the new mustang and make it stand from anything on the market. You know what they say , opinions are like a holes. Everybody got one. Lol
Old 12-08-2013, 11:33 AM   #276
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Quote:
That is true if you see one in your rear view mirror you may think there is a fusion behind you... not a Mustang... until it blows by you and you see the rear ha...
Trust me, you won't be saying that once you see one in person.
JKLiNx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 11:36 AM   #277
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:

Lol a ford car looking too much like other ford cars.

I know what you're saying but in today's market, it'd be too financially disadvantageous for manufacturers to not capitalize on synergy of production and design.

So yeah it's either we accept this fact or have companies become less competitive and run the risk of going belly up because we want them to products that are unique from every other product they produce.
DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 11:37 AM   #278
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCopp View Post
This thread is a big circle. Same things are said over and over again, haha.
As is almost every thread since the unveiling. Now that there aren't any rumors to discuss I'll probably remove the ME app from my phone/iPad for awhile since everything turns into a giant "it's a fusion coupe" circle jerk.
JKLiNx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 11:49 AM   #279
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
My god man. If that car wasn't sent from the muscle car gods. Lol. It may be pony but that's American Muscle. Can it handle like a 2015 mustang. Heck no, would get raped every time but that's raw , sexy straight line power. Its American looking and bad a$$ to the 100th degree. I don't hate it either bro and in fact think its a sexy looking car, just a European looking sports car that lost its American design. Ford lost its edge to produce a one of a kind , design for the new mustang and make it stand from anything on the market. You know what they say , opinions are like a holes. Everybody got one. Lol
lmao true story bro
Old 12-08-2013, 12:14 PM   #280
Registered Member
Regular

The back looks good though..... real good...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	slide_328261_3187458_free.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	82.0 KB
ID:	140330  

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT

Tags
2015 mustang