Mustang 2015 | Q & A with Ford! - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT

Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-05-2013, 12:17 PM   #36

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patel@Ford View Post
The color guard has green hues.

Thanks for bringing back dark green! I have an Ivy Green 1965. Guard is what I will order when I can.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2013, 12:17 PM   #37
Admin
Admin

Region: Washington
The instrument cluster looks amazing. Can you discuss some of the changes there?

Old 12-05-2013, 12:18 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
are 18" rims now the standard rim for the new mustang their not offering 17s? also will there be any improvements to the 3.7 motor? and my last final question is will the lug pattern be the same on the 2015 as it is on 2013 models and such so if i wanted to buy the rims from a 2015 and put them on my 2013? also congratulations on the mustang ive been a ford fan since birth and was raised in one i really look forward to seeing where ford goes from here!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2013, 12:20 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by surferjoe View Post
will there be a 2014 1/2 50th anniversary edition?
The all-new Mustang will be introduced as a 2015 model year in North America.

---------- Post added at 01:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:18 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunarweasel View Post
Thanks for bringing back dark green! I have an Ivy Green 1965. Guard is what I will order when I can.
Awesome - glad you're a fan!

---------- Post added at 01:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:19 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet H View Post
The instrument cluster looks amazing. Can you discuss some of the changes there?
The instrument cluster is all new and incorporates the Ford signature HMI. It pays homage to Mustang DNA of round analog gauges. Glad you love it!
Old 12-05-2013, 12:22 PM   #40

Region: Missouri
Will the new mustang have a HUD? From a couple of pictures I've seen, it looks like it. Also is there any information you can share on a top trim level or performance model like the gt500?
Old 12-05-2013, 12:22 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salc7 View Post
are 18" rims now the standard rim for the new mustang their not offering 17s? also will there be any improvements to the 3.7 motor? and my last final question is will the lug pattern be the same on the 2015 as it is on 2013 models and such so if i wanted to buy the rims from a 2015 and put them on my 2013? also congratulations on the mustang ive been a ford fan since birth and was raised in one i really look forward to seeing where ford goes from here!
Happy that you love the car and are part of the Ford family!

The new Mustang will feature 17"-20" wheels and we will release more details on the lug pattern later.

The 3.7L is very similar to today's 3.7L.
Old 12-05-2013, 12:23 PM   #42

Mr. Patel,

How long have you been at Ford? What was it like to work on the new Mustang? What color are you ordering?
Old 12-05-2013, 12:24 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor08gt View Post
Will the new mustang have a HUD? From a couple of pictures I've seen, it looks like it. Also is there any information you can share on a top trim level or performance model like the gt500?
The new Mustang will feature over 20 new technologies and features. Will provide more technical details around those later.
Old 12-05-2013, 12:24 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

can you release any information on whether there will be a Mach 1, a Boss model or any information on the new SVT theres just so many rumors and it would be really nice to at least have a little closure.
Old 12-05-2013, 12:24 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Hello Mr. Patel
It is rumored that we will see the mach 1 return. Is this true?
Old 12-05-2013, 12:25 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Mr. Patel,

How long have you been at Ford? What was it like to work on the new Mustang? What color are you ordering?
I've been at Ford for 16 years and spent the last almost five years on the Mustang. All of the colors are my favorite colors!

---------- Post added at 01:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:24 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salc7 View Post
can you release any information on whether there will be a Mach 1, a Boss model or any information on the new SVT theres just so many rumors and it would be really nice to at least have a little closure.
We are celebrating the all-new Mustang today and can't comment on future product.
Old 12-05-2013, 12:25 PM   #47
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
Quote:
The instrument cluster is all new and incorporates the Ford signature HMI. It pays homage to Mustang DNA of round analog gauges. Glad you love it!
Will this be standard for all mustang packages? Welcome aboard Mr. Patel.
Old 12-05-2013, 12:25 PM   #48

Region: Missouri
Will there be a dramatic jump in price? Or will it stay pretty close to where it is now?
Old 12-05-2013, 12:28 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone View Post
Will this be standard for mustang packages?

Welcome aboard Mr. Patel.
All clusters will feature an HMI screen in it.

---------- Post added at 01:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor08gt View Post
Will there be a dramatic jump in price? Or will it stay pretty close to where it is now?
The Mustang team is very aware of fast, fun, and affordable. And we will provide pricing information closer to launch.
Old 12-05-2013, 12:29 PM   #50
Admin
Admin

The 2015 looks WIDE.... illusion or real? Does this translate into more interior room?

Old 12-05-2013, 12:30 PM   #51

Very cool that you have been at Ford for so long. My Uncle built Thunderbirds for Ford in Lorain for 25+ years. His pride and joy is a 1989 SSP Highway Patrol Mustang that is in mint, original condition.

Is there a specific feature that you fought for during the development process that you are particularly proud made the final product?
Old 12-05-2013, 12:30 PM   #52

Region: Florida
I have a few questions, and I want to say that the design is just amazing, a blend of old, new with muscle and technology, a real world class mustang, for that I thank you and team for bringing us the next generation of our favorite car.

When do you think we will see the order guides?
Will there be special "50th" anniversary editions"
When will be able to HEAR the 5.0 scream?

2015 Mustang GT Convertible
2014 Jeep Wrangler (Lifted)
2015 Ford Fusion Titanium
Old 12-05-2013, 12:31 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
The 2015 looks WIDE.... illusion or real? Does this translate into more interior room?
The new Mustang has increased track in the front and in the rear and yes, we have improved interior room.
Old 12-05-2013, 12:32 PM   #54

Also on the screen of the center display today in footage you put out, it looked as if there was a track map, any word on what that was about ?

2015 Mustang GT Convertible
2014 Jeep Wrangler (Lifted)
2015 Ford Fusion Titanium
Old 12-05-2013, 12:32 PM   #55

Are the relatively high "belt-lines" (the tops of the doors relative to the ground) on modern cars a styling thing or in relation to having to do well in side-impacts vs. F-150's etc? A combination of these factors?

Thank for you answering our questions, fun to have this opportunity.
Old 12-05-2013, 12:35 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Very cool that you have been at Ford for so long. My Uncle built Thunderbirds for Ford in Lorain for 25+ years. His pride and joy is a 1989 SSP Highway Patrol Mustang that is in mint, original condition.

Is there a specific feature that you fought for during the development process that you are particularly proud made the final product?
On Mustang, we are lucky to have senior management support to provide a world class icon. Asking me to choose one aspect of the car is like asking me to choose my favorite child. Selectable driving mode and launch control are my two favorite features as it resonates with our enthusiasts.

---------- Post added at 01:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffola View Post
I have a few questions, and I want to say that the design is just amazing, a blend of old, new with muscle and technology, a real world class mustang, for that I thank you and team for bringing us the next generation of our favorite car.

The order guide information will be available closer to launch.

We can't comment on future product.

Can't wait to showcase the Mustang mating call with all of you closer to launch!
Old 12-05-2013, 12:36 PM   #57
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Will the convertible be significantly heavier than the coupe? Or about the same weight difference as we see on the current coupe and convertible models?
Old 12-05-2013, 12:37 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Also on the screen of the center display today in footage you put out, it looked as if there was a track map, any word on what that was about ?
Just like today's car, the all-new Mustang will feature track apps and we are positive that our enthusiasts will love it!
Old 12-05-2013, 12:37 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:

Here you go.
New Ford Mustang - Seen for the first time - YouTube
Old 12-05-2013, 12:38 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Are the relatively high "belt-lines" (the tops of the doors relative to the ground) on modern cars a styling thing or in relation to having to do well in side-impacts vs. F-150's etc? A combination of these factors?

Thank for you answering our questions, fun to have this opportunity.
The belt-line, along with all the sweet lines on the body, were developed to design just an awesome looking car.

---------- Post added at 01:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:37 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ford View Post
Will the convertible be significantly heavier than the coupe? Or about the same weight difference as we see on the current coupe and convertible models?
Hope you love the convertible! As I've answered before, we will release more technical data as it gets solidified closer to launch.
Old 12-05-2013, 12:39 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
What will the factory gear ratios be for the V8?
Old 12-05-2013, 12:40 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZangStang02 View Post
What will the factory gear ratios be for the V8?
We will feature a broad span of gear ratios including a 3.73. The final offering strategy will be decided in the next few months.
Old 12-05-2013, 12:40 PM   #63
Admin
Admin

I understand that the 2015 is a bit lighter. How have you maintained wheel control while reducing mass?

Old 12-05-2013, 12:41 PM   #64

Quote:
The belt-line, along with all the sweet lines on the body, were developed to design just an awesome looking car.

I hear ya. Thank you for answering that, always wondered as I have noticed the trend in the past few years of the higher belt-line on a lot of makes and models.
Old 12-05-2013, 12:42 PM   #65

In the stock numbers do you anticipate the Mustang to beat the latest Camaro?
Old 12-05-2013, 12:43 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I understand that the 2015 is a bit lighter. How have you maintained wheel control while reducing mass?
Thanks so much for having me, Janet!

As I have responded earlier, the team has very aggressive weight targets and are on a path to deliver them. However, the more technical data will be solidified in the next few months.
Old 12-05-2013, 12:44 PM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I've been at Ford for 16 years and spent the last almost five years on the Mustang. All of the colors are my favorite colors!

---------- Post added at 01:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:24 PM ----------

We are celebrating the all-new Mustang today and can't comment on future product.
well i know were celebrating the all new mustang i just want to know about the packages and trim levels of the all new mustang
Old 12-05-2013, 12:45 PM   #68

Will the convertible top be able to be raised/lowered while in motion? I know you can't comment on specific MPG targets with the new car, but is it safe to expect with the lower weight that it will be better than the current car? I need to start stashing $$$ for a down payment.... Hmm...
Old 12-05-2013, 12:46 PM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by StangSally View Post
In the stock numbers do you anticipate the Mustang to beat the latest Camaro?
Our focus was to create the best Mustang ever and in course of development, we tested and benchmarked several competitive vehicles including aspirational cars such as BMW M3 and Porsche 911.
Old 12-05-2013, 12:46 PM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

Will we be seeing the same 2 piece driveshaft of the current models?
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT