'15 Mustang not "Muscle Car" - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-08-2013, 05:24 PM   #36
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Hmiller
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobypaw3 View Post
I grew up and got my first car between now and then. I did not have internet when i had my first and second mustangs but i got my info from the old guys. Like my dad who owned a 67' SS Chevelle with the 350hp 396. But you must be right if you read it on the internet. just messing with ya dude.
hahaha and you believe every thing that old dudes say as well.... Ha?

It's ok! I never asked any of you to agree with me
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2013, 05:28 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1804385949.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	427.2 KB
ID:	140389  
badsheep5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 05:34 PM   #38
Road Trip!

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmiller View Post
hahaha and you believe every thing that old dudes say as well.... Ha?

It's ok! I never asked any of you to agree with me
Damn right I believed my Dad.
dobypaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2013, 05:38 PM   #39
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Quote:
Damn right I believed my Dad.
lol yeah .. Oops not lol last time I did that at a dad comment the woman went crazy

Yeah and I believe mine .. I will have to ask his opinion on this subject ...
Old 12-08-2013, 07:52 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmiller View Post
hahaha and you believe every thing that old dudes say as well.... Ha? It's ok! I never asked any of you to agree with me
Doesn't matter to me if I agree with you or not and I addressed the Muscle Car club article not your opinion. Truth is truth and facts are facts and the Muscle Car clubs facts are wrong. The fact remains Muscle Cars also had small block engines and today's V6's out perform them as well as some of the big block muscle cars.
Midnight2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 08:43 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight2012 View Post
Doesn't matter to me if I agree with you or not and I addressed the Muscle Car club article not your opinion. Truth is truth and facts are facts and the Muscle Car clubs facts are wrong. The fact remains Muscle Cars also had small block engines and today's V6's out perform them as well as some of the big block muscle cars.
Case in point: Buick Grand National GNX
MMVEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 09:29 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
The idea of what a muscle car is, goes to the cars of the 60's. You have to determine whether to use the original definition, or a revised definition. The facts still remain that a muscle car, under a widely accepted definition of the golden era, was a family car, with a high performance large block. This is not a hard and fast definition. To some, the Mustang with the 427, 428, 429 were muscle cars. To others, they were still pony cars. Remember too, that the Shelby GT350 was not considered a sport car until they removed the rear seat and some other adjustments. The rules change, and you have to keep up with the rule book.
Bear376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 09:48 PM   #43
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear376 View Post
The idea of what a muscle car is, goes to the cars of the 60's. You have determine whether to use the original definition, or a revised definition. The facts still remain that a muscle car, under a widely accepted definition of the golden era, was a family car, with a high performance large block. This is not a hard and fast definition. To some, the Mustang with the 427, 428, 429 were muscle cars. To others, they were still pony cars. Remember too, that the Shelby GT350 was not considered a sport car until they removed the rear seat and some other adjustments. The rules change, and you have to keep up with the rule book.
good point bear!
Old 12-09-2013, 02:09 AM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooSlow4U View Post
How is the front just like the 10-14? Have you actually looked at it? Lmao
I'll refer to this pic which has already been posted in this very thread. The headlights are major change but it seems to have the same basic curvature
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-120051543.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	480.8 KB
ID:	140604  
EthanGT03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 10:41 AM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
The definition of muscle car can go pack sand and there is a new generation of muscle. The Ford Mustang is absolutely a modern day muscle car. I don't give two craps about the definition from 50 years ago. By today's industry , the Ford Mustang, Cheby Camaro and Dodge Challenger are modern day muscle cars. F that definition. That new design isn't modern day muscle. Its not old school muscle. Its not any American Muscle of any sort. Its a European look alike sports car that has the name mustang attached to it and looks like a Fusion, Taurus and Focus from the front. 370Z from the sides and rear, that's cool.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 10:51 AM   #46
Road Trip!

Do you remember when chevy redesigned the Camaro from the third gen. They changed the look to a more rounded body and added more power. Hopefully the Mustang sells and does not lose much in sale from the 12-14 model years. Would hate to see an absence of the Mustang.

Ford threatened to drop the Mustang once. Let hope sales stay high!!!
Old 12-09-2013, 01:02 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Do you remember when chevy redesigned the Camaro from the third gen. They changed the look to a more rounded body and added more power. Hopefully the Mustang sells and does not lose much in sale from the 12-14 model years. Would hate to see an absence of the Mustang.

Ford threatened to drop the Mustang once. Let hope sales stay high!!!
No way Ford is dropping the Mustang. Its a money maker and bottom line, profit. The mustang makes profit. Sales will be fine. If not, we can go buy some other euro looking sports car. Plenty out there to choose from.
Old 12-09-2013, 02:01 PM   #48
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post

No way Ford is dropping the Mustang. Its a money maker and bottom line, profit. The mustang makes profit. Sales will be fine. If not, we can go buy some other euro looking sports car. Plenty out there to choose from.
In the words of Gladiatoro anything can happen... And you just said it many more euro looking sport cars to choose from. (Not for me it's mustang or dare I say it fusion or nothing) I bet sales will be down on the '15 from the 14' numbers.
Old 12-09-2013, 04:38 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
The definition of muscle car can go pack sand and there is a new generation of muscle. The Ford Mustang is absolutely a modern day muscle car. I don't give two craps about the definition from 50 years ago. By today's industry , the Ford Mustang, Cheby Camaro and Dodge Challenger are modern day muscle cars. F that definition. That new design isn't modern day muscle. Its not old school muscle. Its not any American Muscle of any sort. Its a European look alike sports car that has the name mustang attached to it and looks like a Fusion, Taurus and Focus from the front. 370Z from the sides and rear, that's cool.

You do know that the mustang when it first came out was designed after a European sports car it's just fallowing suit
Old 12-09-2013, 04:43 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaacker View Post

You do know that the mustang when it first came out was designed after a European sports car it's just fallowing suit
Nope. Had no idea. What European sports car was that. Any pictures of that car. I say f suit and don't follow it. Lol
Old 12-09-2013, 04:59 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Ok I mid read it the concepts with the mid engine were based on the Jaguar j series then by 64 at the release it was more falcon based sorry and I don't see to much euro styling I see new edge head lights with a 2014 grill and in the middle sn95 body and a new style 2014 tail but anyway read this http://mustangs.about.com/od/history...ng-history.htm
Old 12-09-2013, 05:03 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

As long as they keep a long hood, V8, and made in America; that's what defines a muscle car. Although this is definitely different from the traditional "muscle" look, but then again the SN95's don't resemble the "traditional" look either, but they still look good.
Did ya'll see the "high-end model" on the poster of the reveal, it looked pretty darn muscular.
I can see these being body kits for the Cobra, Mach I (hoping), or whatever it will be called

Name:	tyututt.PNG
Views:	378
Size:	410.8 KB
ID:	140724 Click image for larger version

Name:	ghfhf.PNG
Views:	421
Size:	281.3 KB
ID:	140725
04beautyGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 05:28 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04beautyGT View Post
As long as they keep a long hood, V8, and made in America; that's what defines a muscle car. Although this is definitely different from the traditional "muscle" look, but then again the SN95's don't resemble the "traditional" look either, but they still look good.
Did ya'll see the "high-end model" on the poster of the reveal, it looked pretty darn muscular.
I can see these being body kits for the Cobra, Mach I (hoping), or whatever it will be called
What da fork??? That looks like a Picasso Turtle Head/Face cubism euro trash thing. Jesus... Just when I was liking the new design they come up with this?

.:Barf...
DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 05:52 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Attachment 140724 Attachment 140725
+1... I was actually thinking the same thing. We all knew the retro-look was going to go bye-bye. The SN95's immediately came to mind... a huge departure from the 3rd gen.'s before it, but they added a few subtle cues from the past. I was a huge fan of the SN95's, but missed out. Had a '91 GT... have a '11 GT... I'm not waiting another 20 years to hop into a new Mustang.
2011 Mustang GT Premium 401A Spec- Sterling Gray, aka "Graycie", 6-Speed MT, 3.73, Brembo Brake Package, Current Mods: FRPP-Brakelines/Brake Ducts/Alternator/Radiator/Oil Pan/Oil Cooler/Trans.Scoop/Alum.Axle Cover, Steeda-Sport Springs/3rd Link/Adj.UCA/Alum.LCA/Rel.Brackets/Adj.PHB & Brace/Adj.F&R Swaybars/Adj.Front Endlinks/HD Strut Mounts/X11 Ball Joint/Bumpsteer/CAI, Koni Sport Shocks, ATI Damper, MGW Shifter, Kooks Catback, Wavetrac Diff, Michelin Pilot Super Sport... 93 Octane Performance Tune by VMP
GrayGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 12:12 AM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Nope. Had no idea. What European sports car was that. Any pictures of that car. I say f suit and don't follow it. Lol
Ford used the European Touring Car routine in its early advertising. I don't know of any a Sports Car it was modeled after. It was a remodeled Falcon. And GT stands for Grand Tourismo.
Old 12-10-2013, 12:25 AM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
As long as they keep a long hood, V8, and made in America; that's what defines a muscle car. Although this is definitely different from the traditional "muscle" look, but then again the SN95's don't resemble the "traditional" look either, but they still look good. Did ya'll see the "high-end model" on the poster of the reveal, it looked pretty darn muscular. I can see these being body kits for the Cobra, Mach I (hoping), or whatever it will be called
I see the 1960's Mustangs and the 2005-2015's as the truest to the genre. The 15 being a very nice up to date modern version of the original with the 05-14's the retro tributes to 65-69. I felt no love for the Mustang II and never liked the Fox Bodies. The Fox4 was starting to get there and I almost bought one. Glad I didn't. I'd call this version Modern Muscle and I'm settling on Pony Car for my 3.7. Just my .02 cents
Old 12-10-2013, 12:38 AM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Holy **** when watching the 2015 Mustang GT start up and revving video I just realized that the new mustang is closer to the size of a Scion FRS.... Well from watching the people sit in and out of the car it looks very very small
Old 12-10-2013, 01:16 AM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
To me a muscle car is a sharp edged (think kinda blocky or angular) shaped, midsize car with a powerful engine. To me the 2015 Mustang isn't quite there. Yes, it has the power of a muscle car (with all 3 engines), but the styling has just missed the mark. Yes, it's angular in alot of places, but it's also very curvy, which to me means sports car. I think it's that roof and window shape that makes it lean more towards sports car styling to me.
66Sprint200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 06:38 AM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

What's the base price gonna be for a 5.0? That's gonna be the real chicken kicker. What's this world class performance design gonna cost? All the talk about how advanced this mustang is but no emphasis on how much. Did the base 5.0 just jump to mid 30's? High 30's?

Did the base V6 just jump to 28k? No real emphasis on the possible cost for all this great technology and advanced handling systems.
Old 12-10-2013, 07:58 AM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
What's the base price gonna be for a 5.0? That's gonna be the real chicken kicker. What's this world class performance design gonna cost? All the talk about how advanced this mustang is but no emphasis on how much. Did the base 5.0 just jump to mid 30's? High 30's?

Did the base V6 just jump to 28k? No real emphasis on the possible cost for all this great technology and advanced handling systems.
No question, I think we will see a bump in price. The question will be how big of a bump? The spec sheet looks to have leap-frogged the Camaro, for now, so I expect it may cost more than that... There is no European car I see in sight that will be able to offer this level of performance at a similar price point. We can safely say the 5.0 will most likely cost below a BMW M3(M4), present or next-gen.
2011 Mustang GT Premium 401A Spec- Sterling Gray, aka "Graycie", 6-Speed MT, 3.73, Brembo Brake Package, Current Mods: FRPP-Brakelines/Brake Ducts/Alternator/Radiator/Oil Pan/Oil Cooler/Trans.Scoop/Alum.Axle Cover, Steeda-Sport Springs/3rd Link/Adj.UCA/Alum.LCA/Rel.Brackets/Adj.PHB & Brace/Adj.F&R Swaybars/Adj.Front Endlinks/HD Strut Mounts/X11 Ball Joint/Bumpsteer/CAI, Koni Sport Shocks, ATI Damper, MGW Shifter, Kooks Catback, Wavetrac Diff, Michelin Pilot Super Sport... 93 Octane Performance Tune by VMP
GrayGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 09:23 AM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayGhost View Post

No question, I think we will see a bump in price. The question will be how big of a bump? The spec sheet looks to have leap-frogged the Camaro, for now, so I expect it may cost more than that... There is no European car I see in sight that will be able to offer this level of performance at a similar price point. We can safely say the 5.0 will most likely cost below a BMW M3(M4), present or next-gen.
No doubt the 2015 will have impressive crazy performance numbers and latest technology. Did we just price all the average American medium income folks out of owning a new iconic mustang. The mustang was created to be the affordable sports like car to the average Joe. It was never a high end vehicle and that's a great thing.

I purchased my 2011 V6 base automatic model for 22,500. Very reasonable, affordable price tag for many mustang enthusiasts that many blue collar workers can afford. My question which we don't know yet but just throwing out there. The 14 V6 base model MSRP for maybe for $24,500 will now be what? 29-30k base model. The 14 5.0 base model MSRP around 30 to 31k will now be what? 35-36k base model. Now Joe the blue collar factory worker may not be able to purchase their mustang.

I'm all for progress but again how much is all this advancement going to cost the consumer to own it. There is an old saying . Keep it simple stupid! Lol. Just something to think about. Many are super excited about this next generation but perhaps many enthusiasts may not be able to afford one depending on how steep Ford goes with its price.

Let's be realistic, its not the best and most stable economic times for millions of Americans as well as globally. Buying a mustang at 31k and one at 36k may be the difference in someone not be able to purchase it.
Old 12-10-2013, 09:35 AM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Same car? It does have the same design... stop bit chi ng people! Car manufacturers have been doing this since the 50's! Are you really just figuring this out ?

Name:	ForumRunner_20131210_093535.png
Views:	167
Size:	497.1 KB
ID:	140839

Name:	ForumRunner_20131210_093527.png
Views:	171
Size:	414.3 KB
ID:	140838
fultonboy09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 09:36 AM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by fultonboy09 View Post
Same car? It does have the same design... stop bit chi ng people! Car manufacturers have been doing this since the 50's! Are you really just figuring this out ?
Yes +1
Old 12-10-2013, 09:49 AM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yes but remember, Ford is making PROGRESS. Ford is moving forward with the next generation stang. Making different model vehicles look the same like you said back since the 50's is NOT PROGRESS. That's NOT MOVING FORWARD. That's doing the same old same old for the past 50 years.

No other Ford model looks like my 2011 Mustang. No other Ford model looks like a 2005 Mustang. No other Ford model looks like a 2003 Mustang. In fact no other manufactures car model looks like a 2003, 2005 2014 mustang. It has its own distinctive look that when on the road that's a MUSTANG. It doesn't look like any European sports coupe. It doesn't look like any foreign sports car or ricer. It doesn't look like any other American model.

Ford had an opportunity to give the world and its loyal enthusiasts another one of a kind, original blow your mind modern day American muscle and in my respectful opinion, it fell way way short of that bar. Not even close. Making the mustang look highly similar to the Taurus and Fusion is not original, not progress, not moving forward. That's like you sir said. Car manufactures have been doing that since the 50's making different models look the same. That's called same old, same old. Ford really missed the boat to have a one of a kind original design.
Old 12-10-2013, 10:07 AM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Name:	ForumRunner_20131210_100507.png
Views:	156
Size:	499.0 KB
ID:	140840
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	02-white-mustang-03.jpg
Views:	869
Size:	123.8 KB
ID:	140841  
Old 12-10-2013, 10:09 AM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

^???????
Old 12-10-2013, 10:14 AM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Name:	05_MustangGT_ForSale1a.jpg
Views:	3164
Size:	24.2 KB
ID:	140844

Name:	05-explorer-hero.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	20.2 KB
ID:	140845
Old 12-10-2013, 10:15 AM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
I see it
They've both got headlights, a front bumper, a hood, 4 wheels, and much much more in common!
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 10:17 AM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
???????????. I'm confused

---------- Post added at 12:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by alrefire View Post
I see it
They've both got headlights, a front bumper, a hood, 4 wheels, and much much more in common!
^Lmao.
Old 12-10-2013, 10:21 AM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

Name:	ForumRunner_20131210_102048.png
Views:	184
Size:	485.5 KB
ID:	140847

Name:	taurus.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	88.0 KB
ID:	140848

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT