'15 Mustang not "Muscle Car" - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-10-2013, 10:23 AM   #71
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by fultonboy09 View Post
^ still not understanding what point your trying to make. Hold on minute, let me hit my marijuana pipe and maybe it will come to me.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2013, 10:25 AM   #72
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
If you look at these designs they all have subtle hints of similarity. In th 03 its the headlights and bottom front bumper, in the 05 its the outline of the wheel arches and the rocker panel. And the 13 is the shape of the hood. The continuity of the grill and the overall "stance" if you will, of the car. If you dont see the simalarities then i dont know what to say...
fultonboy09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 10:32 AM   #73
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
If you look at these designs they all have subtle hints of similarity. In th 03 its the headlights and bottom front bumper, in the 05 its the outline of the wheel arches and the rocker panel. And the 13 is the shape of the hood. The continuity of the grill and the overall "stance" if you will, of the car. If you dont see the simalarities then i dont know what to say...
Sorry bro, other than all cars have 4 tires, headlights , a windshield, a hood , you maybe need to take a hit of the marijuana pipe. None of those models look like a mustang except the mustang. Not even close.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2013, 10:39 AM   #74
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
technically none of our newer mustangs are muscle. We are all technically driving sports coupes. However, the back of the 2015 screams muscle in my opinion. I absolutely love it.
lllTRADEMARKlll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 10:42 AM   #75
Registered Member
Regular

You didnt even look... its right there. I love forums these days... it used to be a place where you could kindly show people a different way... and they acknowledge there is a difference. Now its like, "dude your an idiot and im right period!" See i understand you dont like the new stang... but dont say that this is a new thing that ford is doing by making it look like other models when the proof is staring you in the face!
Old 12-10-2013, 10:52 AM   #76
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lllTRADEMARKlll View Post
technically none of our newer mustangs are muscle. We are all technically driving sports coupes. However, the back of the 2015 screams muscle in my opinion. I absolutely love it.
Its modern day muscle the current mustangs are. 2000 mustangs are muscle. Its modern muscle.
Old 12-10-2013, 10:53 AM   #77
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Sorry bro, other than all cars have 4 tires, headlights , a windshield, a hood , you maybe need to take a hit of the marijuana pipe. None of those models look like a mustang except the mustang. Not even close.
Kona is just mad because the 2015 4 banger will be faster than the 2012-14 sixxers
03Graymach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 10:55 AM   #78
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:
No doubt the 2015 will have impressive crazy performance numbers and latest technology. Did we just price all the average American medium income folks out of owning a new iconic mustang. The mustang was created to be the affordable sports like car to the average Joe. It was never a high end vehicle and that's a great thing.

I purchased my 2011 V6 base automatic model for 22,500. Very reasonable, affordable price tag for many mustang enthusiasts that many blue collar workers can afford. My question which we don't know yet but just throwing out there. The 14 V6 base model MSRP for maybe for $24,500 will now be what? 29-30k base model. The 14 5.0 base model MSRP around 30 to 31k will now be what? 35-36k base model. Now Joe the blue collar factory worker may not be able to purchase their mustang.

I'm all for progress but again how much is all this advancement going to cost the consumer to own it. There is an old saying . Keep it simple stupid! Lol. Just something to think about. Many are super excited about this next generation but perhaps many enthusiasts may not be able to afford one depending on how steep Ford goes with its price.

Let's be realistic, its not the best and most stable economic times for millions of Americans as well as globally. Buying a mustang at 31k and one at 36k may be the difference in someone not be able to purchase it.
I agree with you on this. I think all across the board, people forgot what made the Mustang what it is(was?)... I think some people expect to get more for less, too. For the most part, that is not going to happen. My '11 GT has been the car that made me really enjoy getting behind the wheel, again. I may not want to go to work that morning, but it's more tolerable knowing that I get to commute in my ride. It's hard to explain, but I think you know what I mean. Unfortunately, Ford knows times are changing and that Mustang enthusiasts' numbers are not equalling sales numbers. If they were, I very much doubt Ford would need to make such a bold departure.

Quote:
Yes but remember, Ford is making PROGRESS. Ford is moving forward with the next generation stang. Making different model vehicles look the same like you said back since the 50's is NOT PROGRESS. That's NOT MOVING FORWARD. That's doing the same old same old for the past 50 years.

No other Ford model looks like my 2011 Mustang. No other Ford model looks like a 2005 Mustang. No other Ford model looks like a 2003 Mustang. In fact no other manufactures car model looks like a 2003, 2005 2014 mustang. It has its own distinctive look that when on the road that's a MUSTANG. It doesn't look like any European sports coupe. It doesn't look like any foreign sports car or ricer. It doesn't look like any other American model.

Ford had an opportunity to give the world and its loyal enthusiasts another one of a kind, original blow your mind modern day American muscle and in my respectful opinion, it fell way way short of that bar. Not even close. Making the mustang look highly similar to the Taurus and Fusion is not original, not progress, not moving forward. That's like you sir said. Car manufactures have been doing that since the 50's making different models look the same. That's called same old, same old. Ford really missed the boat to have a one of a kind original design.
I think we are reaching by saying that this car looks the same as other models within the brand... which, IMHO, it certainly does not. If we are referring to the front grill, then yes it does look quite similar to the Fusion, but I actually like the present Fusion's front fascia... I thought it looked kind of brawny... until you see the rest of it. Let's face it, the throwback era is done. It made a few notice, but now Ford feels they need to do something else... I hope they did the right thing, though.
2011 Mustang GT Premium 401A Spec- Sterling Gray, aka "Graycie", 6-Speed MT, 3.73, Brembo Brake Package, Current Mods: FRPP-Brakelines/Brake Ducts/Alternator/Radiator/Oil Pan/Oil Cooler/Trans.Scoop/Alum.Axle Cover, Steeda-Sport Springs/3rd Link/Adj.UCA/Alum.LCA/Rel.Brackets/Adj.PHB & Brace/Adj.F&R Swaybars/Adj.Front Endlinks/HD Strut Mounts/X11 Ball Joint/Bumpsteer/CAI, Koni Sport Shocks, ATI Damper, MGW Shifter, Kooks Catback, Wavetrac Diff, Michelin Pilot Super Sport... 93 Octane Performance Tune by VMP
GrayGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 11:03 AM   #79
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03Graymach View Post
Kona is just mad because the 2015 4 banger will be faster than the 2012-14 sixxers
Lol. No doubt. The 4 banger will be faster than the 11 plus V6 models. I actually think its cool but how much more thousands will that 4 banger cost over the 11 to 14 V6 models. Lol. One could probably put a supercharger on their V6 and with purchase price of that 11 to 14 for what the 4 banger will cost. Lol
Old 12-10-2013, 11:12 AM   #80
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayGhost View Post

I agree with you on this. I think all across the board, people forgot what made the Mustang what it is(was?)... I think some people expect to get more for less, too. For the most part, that is not going to happen. My '11 GT has been the car that made me really enjoy getting behind the wheel, again. I may not want to go to work that morning, but it's more tolerable knowing that I get to commute in my ride. It's hard to explain, but I think you know what I mean. Unfortunately, Ford knows times are changing and that Mustang enthusiasts' numbers are not equalling sales numbers. If they were, I very much doubt Ford would need to make such a bold departure.

I think we are reaching by saying that this car looks the same as other models within the brand... which, IMHO, it certainly does not. If we are referring to the front grill, then yes it does look quite similar to the Fusion, but I actually like the present Fusion's front fascia... I thought it looked kind of brawny... until you see the rest of it. Let's face it, the throwback era is done. It made a few notice, but now Ford feels they need to do something else... I hope they did the right thing, though.
I'm all for something else but throwing the Fusion, Focus, Taurus front fascia onto the next generation mustang is not something new and original. Making the side profile look like a Nissan 370z or Hyundai is not new and original. That's just designer lazy and lack of creativity. The front fascia of the Fusion does look nice, its nice for the Fusion a family sedan. Not nice enough for the iconic mustang. I'm all for moving forward on the exterior design. Just make the design, original and one of a kind as did GM does for the Corvette.
Old 12-10-2013, 11:20 AM   #81
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'm all for something else but throwing the Fusion, Focus, Taurus front fascia onto the next generation mustang is not something new and original. Making the side profile look like a Nissan 370z or Hyundai is not new and original. That's just designer lazy and lack of creativity. The front fascia of the Fusion does look nice, its nice for the Fusion a family sedan. Not nice enough for the iconic mustang. I'm all for moving forward on the exterior design. Just make the design, original and one of a kind as did GM does for the Corvette.
The front of the fusion was taken from the 11-14 mustang so that being said it's the 15 has almost the same front as you car but I don't see you b*tching that your cars grill looks like the fusion.
Next the headlight yes the kinda look like the fusion but they also look like the new edge headlights too. When ford redid the fusion they wanted it to look sporty so they took cues from there sports car
Old 12-10-2013, 11:24 AM   #82
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
The front of the fusion was taken from the 11-14 mustang so that being said it's the 15 has almost the same front as you car but I don't see you b*tching that your cars grill looks like the fusion.
Next the headlight yes the kinda look like the fusion but they also look like the new edge headlights too. When ford redid the fusion they wanted it to look sporty so they took cues from there sports car
+1
Old 12-10-2013, 01:17 PM   #83
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
The only car that should look like a mustang is a mustang. A Corvette looks like a Corvette only and no other performance vehicles. My 2011 doesn't look like a Fusion. A 2008 Mustang doesn't look like a Fusion.
Old 12-10-2013, 01:20 PM   #84
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
Hmmm
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2426101171.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	427.2 KB
ID:	140874  
badsheep5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 01:21 PM   #85
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
The only car that should look like a mustang is a mustang. A Corvette looks like a Corvette only and no other performance vehicles.
Yrs but to say they took the look fusion is total bull sh*t it the front looks just as much like the 11-14 mustang so I don used how it does not look like a mustang. If you don't like it that's your opinion and that's fine but there is no need to whine and b*tch saying the same thing over and over again
Old 12-10-2013, 01:25 PM   #86
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasStang77 View Post
Holy **** when watching the 2015 Mustang GT start up and revving video I just realized that the new mustang is closer to the size of a Scion FRS.... Well from watching the people sit in and out of the car it looks very very small
Well I need to sit in one. I'm 6' 3" 275lbs. If I'm not comfortable I may never buy one. My seat is almost all the way back and down all the way in my 14' and I have about an 1-2 inches of head room. I fit in my 14' with a very little room to spare. If i do fit the 15', the only way I'll buy one is if the look of the mach or GT with visual mods makes it look as bada$$ as mine.
dobypaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 01:36 PM   #87
Registered Member
Regular

Name:	ForumRunner_20131210_133604.png
Views:	226
Size:	366.6 KB
ID:	140877

Name:	14corvette-gas-blog480.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	140876

Hmmmmmm.......... the vette doesnt look like ANY cars???
Old 12-10-2013, 01:51 PM   #88
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

^ Nope. Not even close. But they do both have tires

---------- Post added at 03:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:49 PM ----------

Quote:
Yrs but to say they took the look fusion is total bull sh*t it the front looks just as much like the 11-14 mustang so I don used how it does not look like a mustang. If you don't like it that's your opinion and that's fine but there is no need to whine and b*tch saying the same thing over and over again
No no good sir. No whine with that cheese. Just having a friendly discussion about mustangs. All good. Its a really nice looking car the next generation is
Old 12-10-2013, 03:24 PM   #89
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
^ Nope. Not even close. But they do both have tires ---------- Post added at 03:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:49 PM ---------- No no good sir. No whine with that cheese. Just having a friendly discussion about mustangs. All good. Its a really nice looking car the next generation is
Are you blind or just that ignorant the how back out line is the same shape
Old 12-10-2013, 03:27 PM   #90
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Are you blind or just that ignorant the how back out line is the same shape
Nobody will ever confuse the Stingray Corvette for that horrid rear end Camaro. When that Corvette comes up in your rear view mirror you will know that's a Corvette.
Old 12-10-2013, 03:29 PM   #91
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Nobody will ever confuse the Stingray Corvette for that horrid rear end Camaro. When that Corvette comes up in your rear view mirror you will know that's a Corvette.
It still looks like it and that's the f*cking point here you said no car looks like the vette and then he shows you a picture of the same *** end besides the tail lights and the wing pretty much it's the same shape they change noting with the body out line
Old 12-10-2013, 03:35 PM   #92
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
I personally don't like what the companies are doing with the cars...

The dodge charger /challenger have the same tail lights and then even some dodge SUV has it too...

The Camaro/malibu? or impala have the same tail lights too... now the camaro got new tail lights but now the corvette looks similar too lol WTF.

and then theres the mustang / fusion face...

then all the other import cars kia/hyundai/ whatever all look so similar it's hard to tell apart their sedans lol.

but... whatever i guess if people like them...
AmericanBulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 03:39 PM   #93
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
It still looks like it and that's the f*cking point here you said no car looks like the vette and then he shows you a picture of the same *** end besides the tail lights and the wing pretty much it's the same shape they change noting with the body out line
I understand what your saying but sorry I'm just not seeing it. The Stingray Corvette doesn't share the same rear end as the Corvette. Sorry, the Stingray is an amazing design that looks nothing like the Camaro from any angle or other vehicle for that matter. If you see the same lines in it, sorry I just don't see it. All good
Old 12-10-2013, 03:39 PM   #94
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Attachment 140877

Attachment 140876

+1... I pretty much stated in another post that Chevy and others do the same thing, and this is exactly what I was thinking. If I can recall, the latest Malibu has similar rectangular/squared taillights.

I agree that the Corvette will not be mistaken for a Camaro, but if this Mustang can be mistaken for anything, it WILL NOT BE MISTAKEN FOR A FUSION!
2011 Mustang GT Premium 401A Spec- Sterling Gray, aka "Graycie", 6-Speed MT, 3.73, Brembo Brake Package, Current Mods: FRPP-Brakelines/Brake Ducts/Alternator/Radiator/Oil Pan/Oil Cooler/Trans.Scoop/Alum.Axle Cover, Steeda-Sport Springs/3rd Link/Adj.UCA/Alum.LCA/Rel.Brackets/Adj.PHB & Brace/Adj.F&R Swaybars/Adj.Front Endlinks/HD Strut Mounts/X11 Ball Joint/Bumpsteer/CAI, Koni Sport Shocks, ATI Damper, MGW Shifter, Kooks Catback, Wavetrac Diff, Michelin Pilot Super Sport... 93 Octane Performance Tune by VMP
GrayGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 03:42 PM   #95
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Name:	ForumRunner_20131015_210942.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	172.6 KB
ID:	140905
Old 12-10-2013, 03:47 PM   #96
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
AmericanBulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 04:34 PM   #97
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
A new 2014 SS in red was behind me on the interstate, man those front lights are kinda bright, then it changed lanes, sped up, and exited... I hate the rear of that car, Chevy really screwed up.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 04:57 PM   #98
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
A new 2014 SS in red was behind me on the interstate, man those front lights are kinda bright, then it changed lanes, sped up, and exited... I hate the rear of that car, Chevy really screwed up.
That's 14 rear on the Camaro is beyond ugly
Old 12-10-2013, 05:03 PM   #99
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
This^ agreed, were the Chevy designers high?
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
Old 12-10-2013, 05:05 PM   #100
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Lmao.
Old 12-10-2013, 07:56 PM   #101
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Name:	ForumRunner_20131210_205633.png
Views:	137
Size:	461.5 KB
ID:	140955
Old 12-10-2013, 08:04 PM   #102
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I like the rear of the camaro. But then again I've always like camaros. It wasn't till the 2011+ 5.0 that I liked mustangs post early 70s.
TooSlow4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 08:20 PM   #103
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooSlow4U View Post

I like the rear of the camaro. But then again I've always like camaros. It wasn't till the 2011+ 5.0 that I liked mustangs post early 70s.
That's cool you like them. I liked the rear and taillights of the Camaro up until the 2014 model came out. I personally think GM made a horrible mistake changing from the 2010-2013 taillights but again that's just my opinion. I actually don't see that many 2014 Camaro models on the road. I see a boat load of pre 14 models but hardly any 2014 models. I have no idea how many 2014 units were sold thus far but don't really see many around my region which would be the Philadelphia, DC, Baltimore area.
Old 12-10-2013, 08:25 PM   #104
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
That's cool you like them. I liked the rear and taillights of the Camaro up until the 2014 model and all down hill from there. I personally think GM made a horrible mistake changing from the 2010-2013 taillights but again that's just my opinion. I actually don't see that many 2014 Camaro models on the road. I see a boat load of pre 14 models but hardly any 2014 models. I have no idea how many 2014 units were sold thus far but I hardly see them around my region which would be the Philadelphia, DC, Baltimore area.
+1, I've only seen 2, and I live close to several Chevy dealers. Pre 14's on the other hand...

I've just never liked the taillights on the Camaro's. 10-13 looked like someone was squinting, and like you could pull them down like windows, and the 14 single piece lights look bad.
Old 12-10-2013, 09:15 PM   #105
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
I wouldn't get too excited
That 4 banger would be be neck and neck with your car at drag :p
And for get me started with auto x :p
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT