'15 Mustang not "Muscle Car" - Page 4 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-10-2013, 09:25 PM   #106
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by alrefire View Post
I wouldn't get too excited
That 4 banger would be be neck and neck with your car at drag :p
And for get me started with auto x :p
Lmao
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-10-2013, 10:49 PM   #107
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Here's my 2015 mustang fellas. Suck it. Lmfao.



Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_33956095916536.jpeg
Views:	7873
Size:	38.3 KB
ID:	141024
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 10:49 PM   #108
Registered Member
Regular
 
MMVEC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Canada
Posts: 307
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Here's my 2015 mustang fellas. Suck it. Lmfao.
Lol
MMVEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-10-2013, 11:42 PM   #109
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20131211_004224.png
Views:	204
Size:	393.0 KB
ID:	141032
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 11:48 PM   #110
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03Graymach View Post
Yrs but to say they took the look fusion is total bull sh*t it the front looks just as much like the 11-14 mustang so I don used how it does not look like a mustang. If you don't like it that's your opinion and that's fine but there is no need to whine and b*tch saying the same thing over and over again


Click image for larger version

Name:	SgUdIIu8WWich0HgK044uNWz8tsZYPoVmcA1_btLn3o,vX0GgZXvnoHaN9C7HyEcbDr1pGwZyH4mewsKD0nKi8Y.png
Views:	1269
Size:	732.5 KB
ID:	141034
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 12:15 AM   #111
Registered Member
Regular
 
Milehigh BKR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Denver
Region: Colorado
Posts: 768
I have to say I wasn't a fan of it at first.. But after seeing pictures of the Mach 1 and other 15's with aftermarket hoods, rims and body kits.. it's really growing on me now.
Milehigh BKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 09:38 AM   #112
Registered Member
Regular
 
AmericanBulldog's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Phoenix
Region: Arizona
Posts: 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedOutBKR View Post
I have to say I wasn't a fan of it at first.. But after seeing pictures of the Mach 1 and other 15's with aftermarket hoods, rims and body kits.. it's really growing on me now.
+1. Especially that termi... noqvifbonly I could win the lotto...
AmericanBulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 09:56 AM   #113
Registered Member
Regular
 
Milehigh BKR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Denver
Region: Colorado
Posts: 768
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanBulldog View Post
+1. Especially that termi... noqvifbonly I could win the lotto...
Haha that's what I'm saying! I'd be all for one
Milehigh BKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 10:46 AM   #114
Registered Member
Regular
 
Midnight2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: So Cal
Region: California
Posts: 790
Quote:
Originally Posted by fultonboy09 View Post
You didnt even look... its right there. I love forums these days... it used to be a place where you could kindly show people a different way... and they acknowledge there is a difference. Now its like, "dude your an idiot and im right period!" See i understand you dont like the new stang... but dont say that this is a new thing that ford is doing by making it look like other models when the proof is staring you in the face!
Exactly and don't say there's no progress when the cars are updated, made faster with smaller engines, improved gas mileage and a lot more safe. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.

---------- Post added at 09:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
I'm all for something else but throwing the Fusion, Focus, Taurus front fascia onto the next generation mustang is not something new and original. Making the side profile look like a Nissan 370z or Hyundai is not new and original. That's just designer lazy and lack of creativity. The front fascia of the Fusion does look nice, its nice for the Fusion a family sedan. Not nice enough for the iconic mustang. I'm all for moving forward on the exterior design. Just make the design, original and one of a kind as did GM does for the Corvette.
Again it's marketing, always has been always will be. The Japanese copied the U.S. First and they put Mustang Styling into their own cars. So any cues from the cars you mention are only taking back what rightfully belongs to the Mustang. If the 15 was totally new styling it wouldn't be a Mustang and you'd be saying it was a Corvette. All auto company's have stolen from each other. Just look at the Original Camaros and Challengers.

---------- Post added at 09:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
The only car that should look like a mustang is a mustang. A Corvette looks like a Corvette only and no other performance vehicles. My 2011 doesn't look like a Fusion. A 2008 Mustang doesn't look like a Fusion.
Sorry to say but your car and the Corvette have styling cues from other cars for sure. And if you open your eyes the 15 does Not look like a Fusion. The Fusion looks long and narrow. The 15 Mustang wide and lower. Get over it, keep your 11, I'll keep my 12 and let people move on an accept the advancement.
Midnight2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 10:56 AM   #115
Registered Member
Regular
 
Midnight2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: So Cal
Region: California
Posts: 790
Quote:
Originally Posted by fultonboy09 View Post
Hmmmmmm.......... the vette doesnt look like ANY cars???
Me thinks Kona needs new glasses. It's just as close as the Fusion comparison. Maybe closer. In fact I almost bought a Camaro for it's Vetted like look. But you can't see out if the damn thing.

---------- Post added at 09:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
I understand what your saying but sorry I'm just not seeing it. The Stingray Corvette doesn't share the same rear end as the Corvette. Sorry, the Stingray is an amazing design that looks nothing like the Camaro from any angle or other vehicle for that matter. If you see the same lines in it, sorry I just don't see it. All good
And the Mustang isn't the same as the Fusion.
Midnight2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 10:59 AM   #116
Registered Member
Regular
 
fultonboy09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Missouri
Posts: 629
Its ok! Kona is just a little troll wanting to start ****... i got better things to do with my time... like saving up to buy that sexy 15!!!!
fultonboy09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 11:42 AM   #117
Registered Member
Regular
 
DallasStang77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Dallas
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by fultonboy09 View Post
Its ok! Kona is just a little troll wanting to start ****... i got better things to do with my time... like saving up to buy that sexy 15!!!!
But it's all good cuz kona says he's got brass balls lol
DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 12:19 PM   #118
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by fultonboy09 View Post
Its ok! Kona is just a little troll wanting to start ****... i got better things to do with my time... like saving up to buy that sexy 15!!!!
I have over 3,000 posts so if I'm a troll then pay the toll. You have what 600 plus posts. I'm not new here bud! I'll tell you what I think is your issue my stang friend.
Click image for larger version

Name:	SgUdIIu8WWich0HgK044uNWz8tsZYPoVmcA1_btLn3o,vX0GgZXvnoHaN9C7HyEcbDr1pGwZyH4mewsKD0nKi8Y.png
Views:	162
Size:	732.5 KB
ID:	141094
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 12:19 PM   #119
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasStang77 View Post

But it's all good cuz kona says he's got brass balls lol
That's right bro. Its cool being the new troll.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 12:30 PM   #120
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight2012 View Post

Me thinks Kona needs new glasses. It's just as close as the Fusion comparison. Maybe closer. In fact I almost bought a Camaro for it's Vetted like look. But you can't see out if the damn thing.

---------- Post added at 09:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 AM ----------



And the Mustang isn't the same as the Fusion.
Yep you guys are totally right. I can seen it now. Thanks for showing me the way guys. The Mustang doesn't look a thing like the Fusion. Whatever you guys say is gospel and who would buy a vette when the Camaro looks so much like it. I totally agree.

The best part of all is , I think the 2015 mustang looks really good and its a nice looking sports car. If I were in the market to buy a new sports car, the 2015 would definitely be my go too car. I would have to put a different grill on it but that fact besides , it would be my go to car.

I'm just glad we have good forum members on here, like you that can show us the way. I don't know what I was thinking but lately with all this hitting the pipe as much it really distorts ones views.
I'm just glad you guys are not one of these forum members.



Click image for larger version

Name:	MMSHUwTvBhHm_SRRdD0ihZwiBxki8KoKyk3uLb-Ah_Y.png
Views:	168
Size:	135.2 KB
ID:	141096
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 03:19 PM   #121
Registered Member
Regular
 
TooSlow4U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Arizona
Posts: 505
I'd buy a z06 any day of the week!
TooSlow4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 03:21 PM   #122
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooSlow4U View Post
I'd buy a z06 any day of the week!
Why not buy a Camaro instated? They look almost like a vette. Lmao
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 03:31 PM   #123
Registered Member
Regular
 
TooSlow4U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Arizona
Posts: 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Why not buy a Camaro instated? They look almost like a vette. Lmao
Lol as long as it doesn't look like the car in your pic I'm happy. Oooooo burn! Just joking. Z06 all day over my mustang. I'm not a fanboy or loyal to a certain brand or model. I'm a car enthusiast.
TooSlow4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 04:15 PM   #124
Road Trip!
 
dobypaw3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Upstate NY
Region: New York
Posts: 1,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooSlow4U View Post
Lol as long as it doesn't look like the car in your pic I'm happy. Oooooo burn! Just joking. Z06 all day over my mustang. I'm not a fanboy or loyal to a certain brand or model. I'm a car enthusiast.
Yeah over your mustang, But you do realize with the possible power bumps, weight lose over the next few years and the new technology and IRS. The Mustang will be only a couple tenths off the Vette. Most likely will cost at least $20K less across each model. So you take the Z06 for god who knows how much $80K, 90K, I'll take the base GT take my extra $40K and make it look better and beat the living crap out of that over priced Z06! WOOOO!!!
dobypaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 05:00 PM   #125
Registered Member
Regular
 
TooSlow4U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Arizona
Posts: 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobypaw3 View Post
Yeah over your mustang, But you do realize with the possible power bumps, weight lose over the next few years and the new technology and IRS. The Mustang will be only a couple tenths off the Vette. Most likely will cost at least $20K less across each model. So you take the Z06 for god who knows how much $80K, 90K, I'll take the base GT take my extra $40K and make it look better and beat the living crap out of that over priced Z06! WOOOO!!!
Lol jk I know the new mustang is going to be a great beast of a car and I'm coming around on the styling of it. I may end up with one one day. However, we all have our dream car and mine is a vette. Zr1 would be my preferred choice but is more than I am willing to spend. the z06 is affordable for me and have always loved them. It's not always about the fastest or coolest looking car or even the best bang for the dollar. it's about what the buyer wants. One more thing,...no z06 is 90k. I've actually never seen one here in az at 80k. I did see a lt3 at $73k once. I'm sure they've been that high somewhere though. You can take a civic and make it faster than your gt that you'll make faster than a z06,...you can do that to almost any car so your point also questions what you said.
Attached Images
 
TooSlow4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 05:38 PM   #126
Registered User
Newbie
 
BornCoqui's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Austin Tx
Region: Texas
Posts: 10
I guess id be in the minority thinking that some of the styling ques of the new mustang may have been derived from an European sports car. .
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	aston-martin-vanquish2.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	141151  
BornCoqui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 06:28 PM   #127
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornCoqui View Post
I guess id be in the minority thinking that some of the styling ques of the new mustang may have been derived from an European sports car. .
I would not speak such vial thoughts on here unless you want the be verbally lynched by the town people.



Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20131211_192841.png
Views:	205
Size:	393.0 KB
ID:	141155

^lmao
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 07:55 PM   #128
Registered Member
Regular
 
fultonboy09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Missouri
Posts: 629
I wouldnt say that at all! I think all of fords models right now are similar to aston martins... why? Because after the new bond movies every teenage boy had a poster of a db9 on his wall. And now those teenage boys are 21-26 with wives and kids... so sell the look! I never once said that the mustang doesnt look like the fusion, in fact i said the exact opposite... what people dont agree with is the fact that i think there is nothing wrong with that! The aston martin looks good. Everyone in the world thinks so (at least the vast majority). So if ford wants to sell the mustang for another 50 years, make it look like something people already like! It does look like an aston, but true brit sports car lovers would turn their nose up because its too "colonistic" too "rebel" or too "archaic"
And you know what? They're right! It is still the same bold american spit in your face brashness, but with a new age tech facelift. This car is f. Ucki.ng muscle to the core.
fultonboy09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 08:24 PM   #129
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by fultonboy09 View Post
I wouldnt say that at all! I think all of fords models right now are similar to aston martins... why? Because after the new bond movies every teenage boy had a poster of a db9 on his wall. And now those teenage boys are 21-26 with wives and kids... so sell the look! I never once said that the mustang doesnt look like the fusion, in fact i said the exact opposite... what people dont agree with is the fact that i think there is nothing wrong with that! The aston martin looks good. Everyone in the world thinks so (at least the vast majority). So if ford wants to sell the mustang for another 50 years, make it look like something people already like! It does look like an aston, but true brit sports car lovers would turn their nose up because its too "colonistic" too "rebel" or too "archaic"
And you know what? They're right! It is still the same bold american spit in your face brashness, but with a new age tech facelift. This car is f. Ucki.ng muscle to the core.
Preach brother , preach.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 08:40 PM   #130
Registered Member
Regular
 
GrayGhost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: New York
Posts: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by fultonboy09 View Post
I wouldnt say that at all! I think all of fords models right now are similar to aston martins... why? Because after the new bond movies every teenage boy had a poster of a db9 on his wall. And now those teenage boys are 21-26 with wives and kids... so sell the look! I never once said that the mustang doesnt look like the fusion, in fact i said the exact opposite... what people dont agree with is the fact that i think there is nothing wrong with that! The aston martin looks good. Everyone in the world thinks so (at least the vast majority). So if ford wants to sell the mustang for another 50 years, make it look like something people already like! It does look like an aston, but true brit sports car lovers would turn their nose up because its too "colonistic" too "rebel" or too "archaic"
And you know what? They're right! It is still the same bold american spit in your face brashness, but with a new age tech facelift. This car is f. Ucki.ng muscle to the core.
+1...

My biggest concern about the 2015 Mustang rollout was whether they would retain the use of a V8 motor... normally aspirated... preferably, a 5.0 ... Guess what, they did. I'm sure they very well could have done away with it and thrown in an Ecoboost V6 or something in it's place, net similar power numbers as the present GT, and lose a boatload of weight in the process. Heck, they might just do that one day, anyway(CAFE requirements)! It's rumored that the next-gen BMW M3/M4 did just that...

I'm also glad that they continue to offer manual transmissions, whereas many others are going to high-tech manu-matics. All of the other extra stuff Ford is offering is a huge bonus for me.
__________________
2011 Mustang GT Premium 401A Spec- Sterling Gray, aka "Graycie", 6-Speed MT, 3.73, Brembo Brake Package, Current Mods: FRPP-Brakelines/Brake Ducts/Alternator/Radiator/Oil Pan/Oil Cooler/Trans.Scoop/Alum.Axle Cover, Steeda-Sport Springs/3rd Link/Adj.UCA/Alum.LCA/Rel.Brackets/Adj.PHB & Brace/Adj.F&R Swaybars/Adj.Front Endlinks/HD Strut Mounts/X11 Ball Joint/Bumpsteer/CAI, Koni Sport Shocks, ATI Damper, MGW Shifter, Kooks Catback, Wavetrac Diff, Michelin Pilot Super Sport... 93 Octane Performance Tune by VMP
GrayGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 08:43 PM   #131
Registered Member
Regular
 
mustangz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Virginia
Region: Virginia
Posts: 4,575
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayGhost View Post
+1... My biggest concern about the 2015 Mustang rollout was whether they would retain the use of a V8 motor... normally aspirated... preferably, a 5.0 ... Guess what, they did. I'm sure they very well could have done away with it and thrown in an Ecoboost V6 or something in it's place, net similar power numbers as the present GT, and lose a boatload of weight in the process. Heck, they might just do that one day, anyway(CAFE requirements)! It's rumored that the next-gen BMW M3/M4 did just that... I'm also glad that they continue to offer manual transmissions, whereas many others are going to high-tech manu-matics. All of the other extra stuff Ford is offering is a huge bonus for me.
+1, especially once I learn how to drive a stick shift. Keep the V8!
__________________
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 08:45 PM   #132
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayGhost View Post

+1...

My biggest concern about the 2015 Mustang rollout was whether they would retain the use of a V8 motor... normally aspirated... preferably, a 5.0 ... Guess what, they did. I'm sure they very well could have done away with it and thrown in an Ecoboost V6 or something in it's place, net similar power numbers as the present GT, and lose a boatload of weight in the process. Heck, they might just do that one day, anyway(CAFE requirements)! It's rumored that the next-gen BMW M3/M4 did just that...

I'm also glad that they continue to offer manual transmissions, whereas many others are going to high-tech manu-matics. All of the other extra stuff Ford is offering is a huge bonus for me.
That's true, because the manual transmission Ford is using in the current model will be in the 2015 and its been so reliable with little issues.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 08:54 PM   #133
Registered User
Newbie
 
BornCoqui's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Austin Tx
Region: Texas
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by fultonboy09 View Post
I wouldnt say that at all! I think all of fords models right now are similar to aston martins... why? Because after the new bond movies every teenage boy had a poster of a db9 on his wall. And now those teenage boys are 21-26 with wives and kids... so sell the look! I never once said that the mustang doesnt look like the fusion, in fact i said the exact opposite... what people dont agree with is the fact that i think there is nothing wrong with that! The aston martin looks good. Everyone in the world thinks so (at least the vast majority). So if ford wants to sell the mustang for another 50 years, make it look like something people already like! It does look like an aston, but true brit sports car lovers would turn their nose up because its too "colonistic" too "rebel" or too "archaic"
And you know what? They're right! It is still the same bold american spit in your face brashness, but with a new age tech facelift. This car is f. Ucki.ng muscle to the core.
Its funny i would fall into that teenage boy category and i could see how ford would go at it from that angle. I personally think that maybe theyre aiming at a broader consumer base with this redesign and going after the European market hence the styling ques from the Vanquish/DB9 and offering up the 2.3L ecoboost.

But Im not a fan of the redesign for the simple fact that to me it doesn't fit into the "muscle car" form in my opinion . However i do think this new mustang is more along the lines of a new aged sports car as apposed to an old fashion muscle/pony car.
__________________
2014 Mustang GT
Premium, Track Pack
BornCoqui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 08:56 PM   #134
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornCoqui View Post

Its funny i would fall into that teenage boy category and i could see how ford would go at it from that angle. I personally think that maybe theyre aiming at a broader consumer base with this redesign and going after the European market hence the styling ques from the Vanquish/DB9 and offering up the 2.3L ecoboost.

But Im not a fan of the redesign for the simple fact that to me it doesn't fit into the "muscle car" form in my opinion . However i do think this new mustang is more along the lines of a new aged sports car as apposed to an old fashion muscle/pony car.
^

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20131211_215627.png
Views:	264
Size:	393.0 KB
ID:	141175

Ba ha ha ha ha
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 10:58 AM   #135
Registered Member
Regular
 
EthanGT03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Houston
Region: Texas
Posts: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornCoqui View Post
Its funny i would fall into that teenage boy category and i could see how ford would go at it from that angle. I personally think that maybe theyre aiming at a broader consumer base with this redesign and going after the European market hence the styling ques from the Vanquish/DB9 and offering up the 2.3L ecoboost. But Im not a fan of the redesign for the simple fact that to me it doesn't fit into the "muscle car" form in my opinion . However i do think this new mustang is more along the lines of a new aged sports car as apposed to an old fashion muscle/pony car.
I think certain things are muscle because were told so. I mean mustang v8 isn't that muscle regardless of the look considering its half a century history as such?
EthanGT03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 01:16 PM   #136
Road Trip!
 
dobypaw3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Upstate NY
Region: New York
Posts: 1,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooSlow4U View Post
Lol jk I know the new mustang is going to be a great beast of a car and I'm coming around on the styling of it. I may end up with one one day. However, we all have our dream car and mine is a vette. Zr1 would be my preferred choice but is more than I am willing to spend. the z06 is affordable for me and have always loved them. It's not always about the fastest or coolest looking car or even the best bang for the dollar. it's about what the buyer wants. One more thing,...no z06 is 90k. I've actually never seen one here in az at 80k. I did see a lt3 at $73k once. I'm sure they've been that high somewhere though. You can take a civic and make it faster than your gt that you'll make faster than a z06,...you can do that to almost any car so your point also questions what you said.
I nicely optioned stingray Z51 will set you back $60K. So I would bet a Z06 will be pushing $80K or more. That's just to much to spend on a car. But like you said its all what you want.
dobypaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 04:39 PM   #137
Registered Member
Regular
 
Bear376's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Stillwater
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 351
Car looks change with each generation. Imagine if any of the previous generations were marketed today. There would be no market for them, and for good reasons. The issue is to place cars in the context of when they came out. A lot of cars did not make it because they were too advanced for the market tastes. And the definition of a muscle car depends on whose definition. It too changes. To my thinking, the Mustang is a pony car, and the Taurus SHO is a muscle car. The Challenger is the pony car, and the Charger Hemi is the muscle car.
__________________
2013 MCA Edition-Sterling Grey
Roush body kit - Splitters/hood scoop
Whiteline suspension w/Koni shocks
Bear376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 11:52 AM   #138
Registered Member
Regular
 
GrayGhost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: New York
Posts: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
That's true, because the manual transmission Ford is using in the current model will be in the 2015 and its been so reliable with little issues.
I take it that you were one of the unlucky recipients of a 2011+ Mustang with a faulty manual transmission. If so, I can understand your feelings... sorry. I guess I was one of the lucky ones.

Furthermore, I believe they stated that they will be offering a revised/improved version of the current manual transmission... which is a good thing. It's not like vehicles equipped with DCT's or Manu-matics have not been documented with issues(GT-R's and 456's comes to mind), whether mechanical or driver-error not withstanding.
__________________
2011 Mustang GT Premium 401A Spec- Sterling Gray, aka "Graycie", 6-Speed MT, 3.73, Brembo Brake Package, Current Mods: FRPP-Brakelines/Brake Ducts/Alternator/Radiator/Oil Pan/Oil Cooler/Trans.Scoop/Alum.Axle Cover, Steeda-Sport Springs/3rd Link/Adj.UCA/Alum.LCA/Rel.Brackets/Adj.PHB & Brace/Adj.F&R Swaybars/Adj.Front Endlinks/HD Strut Mounts/X11 Ball Joint/Bumpsteer/CAI, Koni Sport Shocks, ATI Damper, MGW Shifter, Kooks Catback, Wavetrac Diff, Michelin Pilot Super Sport... 93 Octane Performance Tune by VMP
GrayGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 01:06 PM   #139
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayGhost View Post

I take it that you were one of the unlucky recipients of a 2011+ Mustang with a faulty manual transmission. If so, I can understand your feelings... sorry. I guess I was one of the lucky ones.

Furthermore, I believe they stated that they will be offering a revised/improved version of the current manual transmission... which is a good thing. It's not like vehicles equipped with DCT's or Manu-matics have not been documented with issues(GT-R's and 456's comes to mind), whether mechanical or driver-error not withstanding.
Actually. I have the automatic which has been flawless, but all one greatly here's about when it comes to issues is the manual transmission on the 11 plus. Lol
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 04:56 PM   #140
blu
Registered Member
Regular
 
blu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Jacksonville
Region: Florida
Posts: 22
Might as well restart this, got a whole year to go as we wait for the '15 . . .

Agree with the gut reaction that with the '15, Ford no longer aims the GT at 'muscle car'. Notice the magazine comparos the last few years. Ford has been putting the GT up against the BMW M coupes, not just the Camaro, etc. The pressers are pretty clear that Ford wants the '15 to be its world performance car, it wants to lure Porsche, BMW, Alfa, Jaguar drivers away from their message boards and onto this one.

The Gen 6 2015 mock up looks 'Euro.' The Gen 4 Mustangs looked 'Tokyo.'

Gen 1 is the standard. Gen 5, the beloved S197s, are retro homages to Gen 1. They define, they epitomize, what a Pony Car / smaller muscle car is. They are in their design, also like Rolexes. Rolxes change but very slowly over time. A 1960s Rolex and a 2013 Rolex share many design cues, you can tell which is older, but they are and should be very related to each other visually.

Gen 6 may become something that is higher and better than the Mustang has ever been. If the Gen 6 car evolves into something that looks and performs like some kind of awesome James Bond car, there is nothing wrong with that.

But because of the example of Gen 4, which did not evolve into anything further but was scrapped as a design dead-end, history suggests that it is equally likely that Ford is chasing design trends from abroad, and that they may reach a dead end and then give us yet another new version of Gen 1, all over again.
__________________
2011 GT Prem Kna Blu

"Quick like a Snake, light like a Fox. This remains the goal."

blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



02:10 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.