'15 Mustang not "Muscle Car" - Page 5 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-28-2014, 05:37 PM   #141
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by blu View Post
Might as well restart this, got a whole year to go as we wait for the '15 . . . Agree with the gut reaction that with the '15, Ford no longer aims the GT at 'muscle car'. Notice the magazine comparos the last few years. Ford has been putting the GT up against the BMW M coupes, not just the Camaro, etc. The pressers are pretty clear that Ford wants the '15 to be its world performance car, it wants to lure Porsche, BMW, Alfa, Jaguar drivers away from their message boards and onto this one. The Gen 6 2015 mock up looks 'Euro.' The Gen 4 Mustangs looked 'Tokyo.' Gen 1 is the standard. Gen 5, the beloved S197s, are retro homages to Gen 1. They define, they epitomize, what a Pony Car / smaller muscle car is. They are in their design, also like Rolexes. Rolxes change but very slowly over time. A 1960s Rolex and a 2013 Rolex share many design cues, you can tell which is older, but they are and should be very related to each other visually. Gen 6 may become something that is higher and better than the Mustang has ever been. If the Gen 6 car evolves into something that looks and performs like some kind of awesome James Bond car, there is nothing wrong with that. But because of the example of Gen 4, which did not evolve into anything further but was scrapped as a design dead-end, history suggests that it is equally likely that Ford is chasing design trends from abroad, and that they may reach a dead end and then give us yet another new version of Gen 1, all over again.

Here we go again. Geez those other companies have been copying Ford since Cars were invented. And the Gen 1 Mustang was advertised as European Styling. Anyway you look at it 420 HP is Muscle. Hell so is 300+ for that matter.
Midnight2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2014, 06:03 PM   #142
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight2012 View Post
Here we go again. Geez those other companies have been copying Ford since Cars were invented. And the Gen 1 Mustang was advertised as European Styling. Anyway you look at it 420 HP is Muscle. Hell so is 300+ for that matter.

+ infinity
2014 V6 Base Coupe, Sterling Gray Metallic///3.31 Gears///FP6 Appearance Package///Tech. Package///Reverse Sensing and Security Package///Mods: Boss 302 grille, MMD Ducktail Spoiler, Weathertech Floor Mats, Bassani Axle-Back Exhaust
SixBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 04:01 PM   #143
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
People and the whole muscle car argument.

Evolve with the times or die with the dinosaurs. Then you'll really have a nice "damn Ford is selling out on the whole muscle car" argument.

You can give that eulogy at Ford's funeral.

You want muscle? By a 60s/70s model while the new cars out perform you - s550 Mustang, M3, GTR or whatever else car
DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2014, 09:21 PM   #144
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasStang77 View Post
People and the whole muscle car argument.

Evolve with the times or die with the dinosaurs. Then you'll really have a nice "damn Ford is selling out on the whole muscle car" argument.

You can give that eulogy at Ford's funeral.

You want muscle? By a 60s/70s model while the new cars out perform you - s550 Mustang, M3, GTR or whatever else car

+1
MMVEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 01:40 PM   #145
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by EthanGT03 View Post
A lot of people say this I don't really get what it means. I think it looks similiar to the 10-14 and that is "muscle" to people. Just curious what makes it so different to so many people cause I don't see it. I think once they're on the street with a couple of mods on em they will look badass.
I mean what stock mustang looks better than a modded one?
Once the new 2015 Mustang GT hits the streets people are gonna be jumping ship from the 2005-2014 Mustangs that you will be able to pick one up cheap. Ive got a 2013 5.0 in GHIG but I am not selling it, ive already saved enough money to buy a new 2015 GT when they hit the streets.

Mustang's have evolved for the better over the years and the 2015 will be no different...
Vintage Iron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 04:16 PM   #146
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage Iron View Post

Once the new 2015 Mustang GT hits the streets people are gonna be jumping ship from the 2005-2014 Mustangs that you will be able to pick one up cheap. Ive got a 2013 5.0 in GHIG but I am not selling it, ive already saved enough money to buy a new 2015 GT when they hit the streets.

Mustang's have evolved for the better over the years and the 2015 will be no different...
I'm saving for the new Mach or Cobra. Still gonna keep Mia my 2013 GT.

I'm pretty sure that SVT will do at least a 0-60mph @ 3.3-3.5s and the quarter @ 12s or better.
Old 01-30-2014, 05:36 PM   #147
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'm saving for the new Mach or Cobra. Still gonna keep Mia my 2013 GT.

I'm pretty sure that SVT will do at least a 0-60mph @ 3.3-3.5s and the quarter @ 12s or better.
I agree, im not sure I will run out and order a 2015, I may wait a little bit and see when the new mach 1 comes out or depending on how they are priced I may just order a base GT with a 6spd all black with black rims but either way I wanna pay cash for it and be done with it but Ford is defintely getting my money.
Old 01-30-2014, 05:37 PM   #148
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
didn't the stang lose its muscle stance long ago and turned into a sports car¿
{Never Enough HP}
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 06:06 PM   #149
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyriqq View Post
I was told I'm smoking if I thought this looks similar. Guess I'm on that good green nowadays Attachment 140108
The 10-14 mustangs have an aggressive almost bulldog front stance/look. That's why I got a 14. The 15 technology wise will blow away the previous gen, but I feel at a cost. They are trying to take an American icon and fold it into their Ford one car one world philosophy and I think its a mistake. The mustang is American, its look, design and function was designed for America and that's why it was so popular. This new car compromises look, function and design for the European market, with the end result a car that looks like a sports sedan. It looks more at home competing against BMW's, IS's, G37's etc then the challenger or camaro. I want a true muscle car, not a sport sedan.

/rant

To respond to previous posts as well, you can make an insane performance car and keep the styling cue's that keep that American look. But I understand Ford needs to evolve and grow. Heck globalization is making every business do it in every industry.

I will probably get a base '15 as a DD down the road and pick up a '14 GT as well. Have best of both worlds.
paintmann111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 06:28 PM   #150
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintmann111 View Post
The 10-14 mustangs have an aggressive almost bulldog front stance/look. That's why I got a 14. The 15 technology wise will blow away the previous gen, but I feel at a cost. They are trying to take an American icon and fold it into their Ford one car one world philosophy and I think its a mistake. The mustang is American, its look, design and function was designed for America and that's why it was so popular. This new car compromises look, function and design for the European market, with the end result a car that looks like a sports sedan. It looks more a home competing against BMW's, IS's, G37's etc then the challenger or camaro. I want a true muscle car, not a sport sedan.

/rant

To respond to previous posts as well, you can make an insane performance car and keep the styling cue's that keep that American look. But I understand Ford needs to evolve and grow. Heck globalization is making every business to it in every industry.

I will probably get a base '15 as a DD down the road and pick up a '14 GT as well. Have best of both worlds.
The new 2015 Mustang 5.0's are gonna smoke the 2005-2014 Mustang's....
Old 01-30-2014, 06:50 PM   #151
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
The new 2015 Mustang 5.0's are gonna smoke the 2005-2014 Mustang's....
I'm not saying they won't. I'm just saying I think they could have stayed more true to their styling rather then making a more European design. I will say this though, the lines on the new convertible are way better then the 11-14, both top down and up.
paintmann111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 06:57 PM   #152
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'm not saying they won't. I'm just saying I think they could have stayed more true to their styling rather then making a more European design. I will say this though, the lines on the new convertible are way better then the 11-14, both top down and up.
They have stayed "true" to the original Mustang. V8 power. Long Hood, Short Deck, Fastback....what else is not to like?
Old 01-30-2014, 07:02 PM   #153
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
This car is more true than the foxbodies... And everyone seems to love them...

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Mustang Evolution mobile app
fultonboy09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 09:15 PM   #154
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I just don't understand this thinking. The original 65 Mustang was advertised as a Sporty Car with European Styling. So if that's the marketing approach in 2015 then we've come full circle.
Old 01-31-2014, 12:52 AM   #155
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight2012 View Post

I just don't understand this thinking. The original 65 Mustang was advertised as a Sporty Car with European Styling. So if that's the marketing approach in 2015 then we've come full circle.
People aren't against the European look or Ford One concept. They are just collecting behind a battle cry and jumping into the bandwagon that Ford is selling out.

Honestly with the exception of a few model lines I've never thought American designers were all that great. I'm totally discounting the previous models that are considered classics because growing up in the 80s and 90s I can only judge those cuz I'm more familiar with cars that came during those eras.

Fox bodies to me were hideous. It was a rolling block or wedge. New Edge was cool but seemed like a rolling abstract rock. Fifth gen didn't hit its design stride for me until 2010 and finally convinced me to get a mustang with the 2013 model.

Corvettes only became attractive to me with the C5 but didn't really like it until c6.

Never liked the Camaros of the 80s and 90s and quickly cooled off on the new Bumblebees.

Never liked Caddy except for the CVS-T. I hate the XLR

But I do like the Firebird WS6

Viper's bad *** but the Prowler was gay with the huge tires that lacked the HP to use them.

I'm ok with Ford copying European designs. Good looking is good looking. Buy it if u like it. Don't buy it if u don't. Thats the beauty of free market.
Old 01-31-2014, 01:20 AM   #156
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
People aren't against the European look or Ford One concept. They are just collecting behind a battle cry and jumping into the bandwagon that Ford is selling out. Honestly with the exception of a few model lines I've never thought American designers were all that great. I'm totally discounting the previous models that are considered classics because growing up in the 80s and 90s I can only judge those cuz I'm more familiar with cars that came during those eras. Fox bodies to me were hideous. It was a rolling block or wedge. New Edge was cool but seemed like a rolling abstract rock. Fifth gen didn't hit its design stride for me until 2010 and finally convinced me to get a mustang with the 2013 model. Corvettes only became attractive to me with the C5 but didn't really like it until c6. Never liked the Camaros of the 80s and 90s and quickly cooled off on the new Bumblebees. Never liked Caddy except for the CVS-T. I hate the XLR But I do like the Firebird WS6 Viper's bad *** but the Prowler was gay with the huge tires that lacked the HP to use them. I'm ok with Ford copying European designs. Good looking is good looking. Buy it if u like it. Don't buy it if u don't. Thats the beauty of free market.
My point is that Ford isn't selling out. The Mustang was marketed this way from the beginning and auto makers have copied each other from day one.
Old 01-31-2014, 01:34 AM   #157
Registered Member
Regular

Which is my round about way of saying I agree with you. Good design is good design. After so many iterations there's only so many elements you can design onto four wheels before you start having similar design cues.
Old 01-31-2014, 05:25 AM   #158
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobypaw3 View Post
Correct that is why the GTO is the original muscle car. It was an optional performance package of the Tempest. Had an available 348hp 383 in 1964 not much could touch it on the street next to the vette. That is what a muscle car is to me. A factory car stripped down light, fast and takes much more expensive cars to beat it. The Mustang GT, Boss, etc. are just that. Dodge has the Viper and Chevy has the vette those are the American cars that will take down the Mustang. Per trim levels the Mustang beats all Camaro's and Challenger's across the board. The Mustang with a V8 which is not a big motor but has big HP will be a muscle car in my eyes always. Until the other big two can squash the Mustang with their muscle car. Never gonna happen.
A Tempest was an "intermediate" car? I guess back then...in todays standards, it would be a land yacht!
Old 01-31-2014, 07:24 AM   #159
Road Trip!

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch View Post
didn't the stang lose its muscle stance long ago and turned into a sports car¿

What is long ago? Take a picture of a 1968 and compare it to a 2014. They are very similar. It is called evolution. The Mustang will always be a muscle car as long as there is a optional v8.
dobypaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 09:54 AM   #160
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
At least it's not a Kia....

fultonboy09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 11:26 AM   #161
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:

The original mustang was marketed as a European car with an American price tag. That was the allure. Many cars in Fords line up are Euro designs and it's been that way for a long time if not from the beginning. Lol
2014 V6 Base Coupe, Sterling Gray Metallic///3.31 Gears///FP6 Appearance Package///Tech. Package///Reverse Sensing and Security Package///Mods: Boss 302 grille, MMD Ducktail Spoiler, Weathertech Floor Mats, Bassani Axle-Back Exhaust
SixBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 01:48 PM   #162
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

What is long ago? Take a picture of a 1968 and compare it to a 2014. They are very similar. It is called evolution. The Mustang will always be a muscle car as long as there is a optional v8.
60's and eh up to 75 would be muscle to me. Like you said though evolution (JA like the forum) and yes as long as the heart roars the body is only a means of appearance
{Never Enough HP}
Old 01-31-2014, 01:52 PM   #163
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by fultonboy09 View Post
At least it's not a Kia....

Can I put kia badges on it¿ or vise versa
{Never Enough HP}
Old 02-05-2014, 09:12 PM   #164
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
What I know is I *had* to have the 2013. Planned for it, ordered it, received it. I don't feel the same about the 2015 and am looking forward to more driving and mods in my s197.
hobo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 09:02 AM   #165
Road Trip!

I was at my dealer and they told me they have two more weeks to order Mustangs. The change over is happening in a few months.
Old 02-06-2014, 10:19 AM   #166
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I was at my dealer and they told me they have two more weeks to order Mustangs. The change over is happening in a few months.
So the hideous machine will soon make an.appearance huh
{Never Enough HP}
Old 02-06-2014, 11:30 AM   #167
Road Trip!

I think new edge look the meanest/best. Best headlights and taillights.

I like 11-14 front headlights and pretty much everything in the front but hate the way the back looks and the taillights are butt ugly.

My brother saw the 15 when he was working at the sema show I think I Vegas and he said it was but ugly

Sent from my Barbie Dream Phone®
CoolHorsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 06:28 PM   #168
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Score, I want to know what options will be available to order.
Clink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 08:32 AM   #169
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyriqq View Post
I was told I'm smoking if I thought this looks similar. Guess I'm on that good green nowadays Attachment 140108

Ya bro that explains it right their question answer case closed. I think it made for a worldwide sell since it's gonna be in Europe and other countries why it's smaller to fit on those Euro streets and Autobahn. I drove on those streets and the autobahn and those lanes are smaller and the streets in Europe are way small they park on the curbs outside this country.
swoopty5525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 08:35 AM   #170
Registered Member
Regular

Plus the vert looks better if I was getting a new mustang thats the only one I would get.
Old 02-08-2014, 05:33 PM   #171
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by swoopty5525 View Post
Plus the vert looks better if I was getting a new mustang thats the only one I would get.
Its gonne be funny seeing everyone jumping ship to the new 2015 Mustang's when they come out because they are gonna be smoking that new edge and S197 ***...
Old 02-08-2014, 05:50 PM   #172
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Its gonne be funny seeing everyone jumping ship to the new 2015 Mustang's when they come out because they are gonna be smoking that new edge and S197 ***...

I know that's right, that's why I'm not completely hating on it I just wish it didn't looks like that all the way but I am a fan of speed and I drive everything so when the GT comes out ya boy might have one sooner then later but I'm gonna kill it by making it a loud *** color with a loud *** interior but I think the reason everyone hates in clouding me alittle is because it's hard to see the potential in it because it's too new when someone rides by you in it with a set of clean rims and some tint and a good exhaust then peoples wheels will be turning on the possibilities it has, just MO
Old 02-08-2014, 05:52 PM   #173
Registered Member
Regular

But they are going for that worldwide money u can't blame them, the American dollar is like toilet paper for those not on game with the worldwide currency status. Everything other then the Dollar is gaining while ours is.... Tissue that's just a whole other topic.
Old 02-08-2014, 06:03 PM   #174
Road Trip!

'15 Mustang not "Muscle Car"

Quote:

It's gonna be funny when I say, kiss my butt. You can keep the less sexy looking car. 2014 is plenty fast and plenty of room to make it faster. No worries here. I will have to spend more money to go faster. But the 15' owners will need a lot more money to make it sexier than my 14'.
Old 02-08-2014, 06:15 PM   #175
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
It's gonna be funny when I say, kiss my butt. You can keep the less sexy looking car. 2014 is plenty fast and plenty of room to make it faster. No worries here. I will have to spend more money to go faster. But the 15' owners will need a lot more money to make it sexier than my 14'.

IMO the 14 is not that good looking it may be faster then my 07 GT stock for stock and all that, but that my 07 looks like it will eat you for breakfast before it even comes off the line. Like a beast should be even the older ones too ford is getting to much P***y and it show u know when a man gets to much he get soft and lazy

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT