'15 Mustang not "Muscle Car" - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-06-2013, 10:55 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
'15 Mustang not "Muscle Car"

A lot of people say this I don't really get what it means. I think it looks similiar to the 10-14 and that is "muscle" to people. Just curious what makes it so different to so many people cause I don't see it. I think once they're on the street with a couple of mods on em they will look badass.
I mean what stock mustang looks better than a modded one?
EthanGT03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2013, 11:36 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by EthanGT03 View Post
A lot of people say this I don't really get what it means. I think it looks similiar to the 10-14 and that is "muscle" to people. Just curious what makes it so different to so many people cause I don't see it. I think once they're on the street with a couple of mods on em they will look badass.
I mean what stock mustang looks better than a modded one?
It'll definetly look better with aftermarket parts. But about the muscle thing. It resembles a sports car. And looks euro. It's nothing you can really explain. You just have to see it
Doe_Rae_mi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 11:43 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Send a message via AIM to Hmiller
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doe_Rae_mi View Post
It'll definetly look better with aftermarket parts. But about the muscle thing. It resembles a sports car. And looks euro. It's nothing you can really explain. You just have to see it
true!

And to me "muscle" hasn't been around for years! But this model does look more euro sport looking lol
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2013, 10:22 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
It looks like something I will never want to drive and the only mods that would make me change my mind is to overhaul the front/rear ends.
Tyriqq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 11:34 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyriqq View Post
It looks like something I will never want to drive and the only mods that would make me change my mind is to overhaul the front/rear ends.
The front is just like the 10-14 except the headlights are slimmed. The rear I wasnt pleased at first but the more I see it the more I like it. Everyone's got tier opinion and that's all it is really but I think once the car is on the road and actually driving it etc it'll change a lot of minds
EthanGT03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 11:50 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Technically, in some criteria, it would not be classified as a muscle car, even though it has more HP than most older muscle cars. The original muscle cars were family coupes with big block engines. The Mustangs were not considered muscle cars until they started putting 390 ci and above engines in them. Definitions have change, but not everyone agrees.
Bear376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 06:23 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by EthanGT03 View Post
The front is just like the 10-14 except the headlights are slimmed. The rear I wasnt pleased at first but the more I see it the more I like it. Everyone's got tier opinion and that's all it is really but I think once the car is on the road and actually driving it etc it'll change a lot of minds
How is the front just like the 10-14? Have you actually looked at it? Lmao
TooSlow4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 07:17 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooSlow4U View Post
How is the front just like the 10-14? Have you actually looked at it? Lmao
I was told I'm smoking if I thought this looks similar. Guess I'm on that good green nowadays Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3337802796.jpg
Views:	657
Size:	398.8 KB
ID:	140108
Old 12-07-2013, 07:25 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
I was told I'm smoking if I thought this looks similar. Guess I'm on that good green nowadays
Me to lol
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 07:58 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I was told I'm smoking if I thought this looks similar. Guess I'm on that good green nowadays
Are you ok? I asked how it looks like the 10-14 mustang as it was stated that it did by Ethangt. You post a pic of an entirely different car to compare it too. However, since you post a pic of two cars from the same manufacturer so I'll play your game. They look nothing alike,...until you compare the grille. They look very similar in that regard which makes the new mustang GAY in my opinion.
TooSlow4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 08:14 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Everything on that whole front end is similar including the design of the hood. It's like its a Fusion Coupe. That comparison is closer than a Cadillac XLR and a CTS before the new CTS came out. I can't say it enough, it's like the Corsica and the Beretta and I had a Beretta way back when. It just looks like a coupe version of the sedan on the front. The backs were different on the Corsica and Beretta too. To me it's just showing a lack of creativity. If you dare to be new, then dare to be different. That's not showing similarity to one of your current popular sedans
Old 12-07-2013, 11:39 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmiller View Post
true!

And to me "muscle" hasn't been around for years! But this model does look more euro sport looking lol
?
Define " muscle " to you ?

" Chance favors the prepared mind "
* SOLD * 2011 776rwhp.......documented " 1 of 2 "
2014 - detuned to 780rwhp
2017 F150 Lariat Scab, 5.0
1 Alibi 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 12:26 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Not really...

Headlights:
Mustang - trapezoidal shaped
Fusion - pentagonal

Mirrors:
Mustang - sloped almost wedge like
Fusion - more angular and upright and squarish

Front bumper:
Mustang - has a wider vent at the fog light and wider & thinner center vents and has no horizontal grille
Fusion - openings are a bit smaller & taller and has horizontal bars

Body lines:
Mustang - top line is broken up by the front and rear wheel fenders; bottom line is more horizontal and deeper
Fusion - top line goes completely from the front to back without interruption; bottom line is more angular sloping downwards to the front.

I guess you could argue that since both cars have four wheels, windows, a hood, steering wheel made of the same plastic and leather, and has the words Ford on it that these two cars are in fact the one and the same...
DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 12:49 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasStang77 View Post
Not really... Headlights: Mustang - trapezoidal shaped Fusion - pentagonal Mirrors: Mustang - sloped almost wedge like Fusion - more angular and upright and squarish Front bumper: Mustang - has a wider vent at the fog light and wider & thinner center vents and has no horizontal grille Fusion - openings are a bit smaller & taller and has horizontal bars Body lines: Mustang - top line is broken up by the front and rear wheel fenders; bottom line is more horizontal and deeper Fusion - top line goes completely from the front to back without interruption; bottom line is more angular sloping downwards to the front. I guess you could argue that since both cars have four wheels, windows, a hood, steering wheel made of the same plastic and leather, and has the words Ford on it that these two cars are in fact the one and the same...
Lol +1
Old 12-07-2013, 01:06 PM   #15
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 Alibi 2 View Post
. ? Define " muscle " to you ?
more classic cars come to mind as muscle .. But that's just me ..
Old 12-07-2013, 02:01 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Not really... Headlights: Mustang - trapezoidal shaped Fusion - pentagonal Mirrors: Mustang - sloped almost wedge like Fusion - more angular and upright and squarish Front bumper: Mustang - has a wider vent at the fog light and wider & thinner center vents and has no horizontal grille Fusion - openings are a bit smaller & taller and has horizontal bars Body lines: Mustang - top line is broken up by the front and rear wheel fenders; bottom line is more horizontal and deeper Fusion - top line goes completely from the front to back without interruption; bottom line is more angular sloping downwards to the front. I guess you could argue that since both cars have four wheels, windows, a hood, steering wheel made of the same plastic and leather, and has the words Ford on it that these two cars are in fact the one and the same...
Dude, you can fight it all you want. You can get as technical as your heart desires. At the end of the day it still looks like it should be called the Fusion Coupe
Old 12-07-2013, 02:52 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Dude, you can fight it all you want. You can get as technical as your heart desires. At the end of the day it still looks like it should be called the Fusion Coupe
You may re think that when your starring at there taillights constantly..not gonna be fun to say "damn that fusion rocked me"
Old 12-07-2013, 03:05 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Dude in school you try to argue that an granite rock is the same as a basalt in that they are both igneous rocks or that a shale is the same as a sandstone based on they both are classified as sedimentary rocks or hell if you say a granite is the same as a sandstone because they are all rocks... Your teacher would fail you.

If you wanna argue that simply having similar characteristics means they look alike then I suppose the following look like mustangs because they all have
- four wheels,
- two doors,
- two headlights,
- two center and two foglight vents in the bumper,
- they are all internal combustion engined,
- and they shiit out carbon monoxide and carbon dioxide,
- and they are made of metal and rubber and plastic
- and are propelled by a transmission propelling them thru air filled tires...

Sure they all look like a mustang. And besides being technical in details how else would you propose we distinguish between two items? By the generic? Two wheeled vs three or four? It flies or drives or boats around or dives like a sub? So yes the difference is in the details.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1429382260.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	161.8 KB
ID:	140198   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-534160219.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	250.7 KB
ID:	140199  

Name:	image-3305809458.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	31.8 KB
ID:	140200   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2517587205.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	82.0 KB
ID:	140203  

Name:	image-3138128224.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	105.8 KB
ID:	140204  
Old 12-07-2013, 03:17 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8pony View Post

You may re think that when your starring at there taillights constantly..not gonna be fun to say "damn that fusion rocked me"
Lol it's ok. I'm glad there people in the world who can't distinguish the finer details. Explains why there are chubby chasers and fugly farmers. Leaves the better looking ones open for the rest of us. To them they all look the same.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-429877330.jpg
Views:	225
Size:	398.7 KB
ID:	140205   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2979511913.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	142.3 KB
ID:	140206  

Old 12-07-2013, 03:21 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Damn those two girls do look the same. Brunette, red bikini top, head cocked to the left, two eyes, a nose, a mouth, both have make up... Both have a high bridge nose, both looking to their left, both smiling similarly. Dude they're the same girl!!!!
Old 12-07-2013, 03:38 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Damn those two girls do look the same. Brunette, red bikini top, head cocked to the left, two eyes, a nose, a mouth, both have make up... Both have a high bridge nose, both looking to their left, both smiling similarly. Dude they're the same girl!!!!
+1 lmao
Old 12-07-2013, 03:40 PM   #22
Road Trip!

Region: California
Quote:
Lol it's ok. I'm glad there people in the world who can't distinguish the finer details. Explains why there are chubby chasers and fugly farmers. Leaves the better looking ones open for the rest of us. To them they all look the same.
hot damn! I'll take lefty for sure bro!
KoolPwny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 03:50 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Mustang
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-975976318.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	559.1 KB
ID:	140211  
Midnight2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 03:50 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolPwny View Post
hot damn! I'll take lefty for sure bro!
I know ya would ya tubby chubby chaser bahahaha
Old 12-07-2013, 03:53 PM   #25
Road Trip!

Quote:
I know ya would ya tubby chubby chaser bahahaha
she got more chins than Chinatown bruh! More rolls than an Italian bakery! I'll nibble on her cankles.. Yum!
KoolPwny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 03:55 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolPwny View Post
she got more chins than Chinatown bruh! More rolls than an Italian bakery! I'll nibble on her cankles.. Yum!
Fukk... I just threw up in my mouth...
Old 12-08-2013, 04:46 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
more classic cars come to mind as muscle .. But that's just me ..
According to - Musclecarclub.com - American Muscle Car information, statistics, and pictures.
Strict Definition of a Muscle Car:

A muscle car, by the strictest definition, is an intermediate sized, performance oriented model, powered by a large V8 engine, at an affordable price. Most of these models were based on "regular" production vehicles. These vehicles are generally not considered muscle cars, even when equipped with large V8s. If there was a high performance version available, it gets the credit, and not the vehicle that it was based on.
Fullsize Muscle Car:

The strict definition only includes intermediate size vehicles. In reality, performance oriented intermediate size vehicles didn't appear until 1964. Before then, manufacturers took existing fullsize vehicles and added extra performance to them. Because of this, the early fullsize performance vehicles are generally considered muscle cars.
Pony Cars and Compact Cars:

In addition to fullsize and intermediate muscle cars, a number of smaller vehicles started appearing on the automotive performance scene. These new "pony cars" and compact cars are generally considered muscle cars only if they have the top of the line performance engines and options.
Some of todays offerings seem to qualify as " muscle cars "

" Chance favors the prepared mind "
* SOLD * 2011 776rwhp.......documented " 1 of 2 "
2014 - detuned to 780rwhp
2017 F150 Lariat Scab, 5.0
1 Alibi 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 08:54 AM   #28
Road Trip!

Region: New York
Quote:
According to - Musclecarclub.com - American Muscle Car information, statistics, and pictures.
Strict Definition of a Muscle Car:

A muscle car, by the strictest definition, is an intermediate sized, performance oriented model, powered by a large V8 engine, at an affordable price. Most of these models were based on "regular" production vehicles. These vehicles are generally not considered muscle cars, even when equipped with large V8s. If there was a high performance version available, it gets the credit, and not the vehicle that it was based on.
Fullsize Muscle Car:

The strict definition only includes intermediate size vehicles. In reality, performance oriented intermediate size vehicles didn't appear until 1964. Before then, manufacturers took existing fullsize vehicles and added extra performance to them. Because of this, the early fullsize performance vehicles are generally considered muscle cars.
Pony Cars and Compact Cars:

In addition to fullsize and intermediate muscle cars, a number of smaller vehicles started appearing on the automotive performance scene. These new "pony cars" and compact cars are generally considered muscle cars only if they have the top of the line performance engines and options.
Some of todays offerings seem to qualify as " muscle cars "
Correct that is why the GTO is the original muscle car. It was an optional performance package of the Tempest. Had an available 348hp 383 in 1964 not much could touch it on the street next to the vette. That is what a muscle car is to me. A factory car stripped down light, fast and takes much more expensive cars to beat it. The Mustang GT, Boss, etc. are just that. Dodge has the Viper and Chevy has the vette those are the American cars that will take down the Mustang. Per trim levels the Mustang beats all Camaro's and Challenger's across the board. The Mustang with a V8 which is not a big motor but has big HP will be a muscle car in my eyes always. Until the other big two can squash the Mustang with their muscle car. Never gonna happen.
dobypaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 08:58 AM   #29
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Quote:
. According to - Musclecarclub.com - American Muscle Car information, statistics, and pictures. . Strict Definition of a Muscle Car: A muscle car, by the strictest definition, is an intermediate sized, performance oriented model, powered by a large V8 engine, at an affordable price. Most of these models were based on "regular" production vehicles. These vehicles are generally not considered muscle cars, even when equipped with large V8s. If there was a high performance version available, it gets the credit, and not the vehicle that it was based on. . Fullsize Muscle Car: The strict definition only includes intermediate size vehicles. In reality, performance oriented intermediate size vehicles didn't appear until 1964. Before then, manufacturers took existing fullsize vehicles and added extra performance to them. Because of this, the early fullsize performance vehicles are generally considered muscle cars. . Pony Cars and Compact Cars: In addition to fullsize and intermediate muscle cars, a number of smaller vehicles started appearing on the automotive performance scene. These new "pony cars" and compact cars are generally considered muscle cars only if they have the top of the line performance engines and options. . Some of todays offerings seem to qualify as " muscle cars "
yes I have read the definition of a muscle car .. I know that some people call the newer models modern muscle. But whether I consider it a muscle car is the problem .... And according to wiki.... I know no one is probably going to agree with me on this and that's ok...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-3435245907.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	227.8 KB
ID:	140306   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1368032433.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	225.9 KB
ID:	140307  

Old 12-08-2013, 09:04 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Sounds like a muscle car to me...

http://youtu.be/8nefU4Z6xWM

...especially at the 1:50 mark...
MMVEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 10:44 AM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
yes I have read the definition of a muscle car .. I know that some people call the newer models modern muscle. But whether I consider it a muscle car is the problem .... And according to wiki.... I know no one is probably going to agree with me on this and that's ok...
i just posted something like this on another thread lmao wish I would have seen your post I would have just agreed instead of typing all that again lol
SoberGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 03:39 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
. According to - Musclecarclub.com - American Muscle Car information, statistics, and pictures. . Strict Definition of a Muscle Car: A muscle car, by the strictest definition, is an intermediate sized, performance oriented model, powered by a large V8 engine, at an affordable price. Most of these models were based on "regular" production vehicles. These vehicles are generally not considered muscle cars, even when equipped with large V8s. If there was a high performance version available, it gets the credit, and not the vehicle that it was based on. . Fullsize Muscle Car: The strict definition only includes intermediate size vehicles. In reality, performance oriented intermediate size vehicles didn't appear until 1964. Before then, manufacturers took existing fullsize vehicles and added extra performance to them. Because of this, the early fullsize performance vehicles are generally considered muscle cars. . Pony Cars and Compact Cars: In addition to fullsize and intermediate muscle cars, a number of smaller vehicles started appearing on the automotive performance scene. These new "pony cars" and compact cars are generally considered muscle cars only if they have the top of the line performance engines and options. . Some of todays offerings seem to qualify as " muscle cars "
Well then they don't have a clue what they are talking about. The 273 289 392 327 and 340's were all SMALL Block V8's and were indeed Muscle Cars. Not only is theirs a biased and false analogy but it is referring to the 1960's. Today we have 4 cyl and 6 cyl as powerful as some of the Muscle Cars.

---------- Post added at 02:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:30 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobypaw3 View Post
Correct that is why the GTO is the original muscle car. It was an optional performance package of the Tempest. Had an available 348hp 383 in 1964 not much could touch it on the street next to the vette. That is what a muscle car is to me. A factory car stripped down light, fast and takes much more expensive cars to beat it. The Mustang GT, Boss, etc. are just that. Dodge has the Viper and Chevy has the vette those are the American cars that will take down the Mustang. Per trim levels the Mustang beats all Camaro's and Challenger's across the board. The Mustang with a V8 which is not a big motor but has big HP will be a muscle car in my eyes always. Until the other big two can squash the Mustang with their muscle car. Never gonna happen.
Ever drive a Camaro with a 427 L88 ?

---------- Post added at 02:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:33 PM ----------

Quote:

In the 60's we didn't rely on Wiki or Muscle Car clubs to define the genre for us. We defined it ourselves.
Yes most the large blocks had the most power but that is also no longer true of today's engines. Maybe you can't have a Muscle Car unless you have solid lifters. lol

---------- Post added at 02:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:37 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMVEC View Post
Sounds like a muscle car to me... http://youtu.be/8nefU4Z6xWM ...especially at the 1:50 mark...
yep the original Boss 302 was anemic compared to that puppy.
Midnight2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 04:33 PM   #33
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight2012 View Post
Ever drive a Camaro with a 427 L88 ?
Your comment is moot I was talking trim levels...

The L88 427 was a limited production.

Put it up against the 2014 GT500 Super Snake. Doh!!!
Bye Bye L88... How does the back of a 850hp Mustang look? The car with the most powerful production V8 in American history!!!
Old 12-08-2013, 04:34 PM   #34
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight2012 View Post
Well then they don't have a clue what they are talking about. The 273 289 392 327 and 340's were all SMALL Block V8's and were indeed Muscle Cars. Not only is theirs a biased and false analogy but it is referring to the 1960's. Today we have 4 cyl and 6 cyl as powerful as some of the Muscle Cars. ---------- Post added at 02:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:30 PM ---------- Ever drive a Camaro with a 427 L88 ? ---------- Post added at 02:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:33 PM ---------- In the 60's we didn't rely on Wiki or Muscle Car clubs to define the genre for us. We defined it ourselves. Yes most the large blocks had the most power but that is also no longer true of today's engines. Maybe you can't have a Muscle Car unless you have solid lifters. lol ---------- Post added at 02:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:37 PM ---------- yep the original Boss 302 was anemic compared to that puppy.
and if you read the prior statement I made .. It is just my personal opinion.. I was not saying any body else was wrong in theirs .. Just like you I'm allowed my own opinion and I was just sharing it ...

Since I was not born sooooo many years ago .. I have to rely on the web to get my information to form my own opinion .. We all were not fortunate to have lived back then..
Old 12-08-2013, 04:58 PM   #35
Road Trip!

Quote:
and if you read the prior statement I made .. It is just my personal opinion.. I was not saying any body else was wrong in theirs .. Just like you I'm allowed my own opinion and I was just sharing it ...

Since I was not born sooooo many years ago .. I have to rely on the web to get my information to form my own opinion .. We all were not fortunate to have lived back then..
I grew up and got my first car between now and then. I did not have internet when i had my first and second mustangs but i got my info from the old guys. Like my dad who owned a 67' SS Chevelle with the 350hp 396.

But you must be right if you read it on the internet. just messing with ya dude.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT