2015 Mustang. Independant Rear Suspension and an Ecoboost 4 cylinder. Thoughts? - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-04-2014, 08:49 PM   #71
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
I hear you on that bro. Hopefully, Fords design and engineering team thought about things like that when designing the new 2.3 eco boost engine. Ford knows how huge power modifications are to the mustang community and have been for 50 years baby. F YEAH BABY. LOL.

It would be awesome if one could crank the boost up to around 450 rwhp on the stock engine. That rock!
I'll just throw this out there... I got a '14 Fusion Titanium just before Christmas so it has the 2.0L ecoboost and it's a fun little family hauler. I'm excited for the annual test track drive events we hold since I can almost guarantee they'll have the '15 Mustang out there for us to drive

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
JKLiNx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2014, 08:42 PM   #72
Road Trip!

Region: New York
I know one thing for sure the day gas goes over $6 a gallon is the day I garage my 5.0 and buy an Ecoboost mustang. Simple boltons and 3:73 gears and that little 4 will be as fast as my 5.0 and even with the 3:73 gears still get over 30mpg easy.
dobypaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 10:55 PM   #73
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I am looking forward to the 4 cylinder but one has to question what the exhaust tone is going to be like
13 stang22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2014, 12:40 AM   #74
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13 stang22 View Post
I am looking forward to the 4 cylinder but one has to question what the exhaust tone is going to be like
Check YouTube/Instagram, there's 'spy videos' of the turbo 4cyl driving and you can hear the turbo
2 Stangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 10:30 AM   #75
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post

Oh, so that's almost as bad I would think. If one cant increase the boost in the turbo, then there goes 400 plus rwhp with the factory turbo. One would have to purchase an aftermarket turbo and remove the factory turbo. I wouldn't think Ford would max the turbo out in the mustang from jump. They know how people love to mod them.
They could depending on turbo production availability and pricing. Then in the following years they can alway place a different turbo in as it becomes available or feasible.

Well if the OEM turbo is really maxed out then I don't know how reliable it will be. Turbo failure if its spinning as fast as it can at every mash of the pedal?
DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 11:09 AM   #76
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasStang77 View Post

They could depending on turbo production availability and pricing. Then in the following years they can alway place a different turbo in as it becomes available or feasible.

Well if the OEM turbo is really maxed out then I don't know how reliable it will be. Turbo failure if its spinning as fast as it can at every mash of the pedal?
Yikes
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 10:15 PM   #77
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

That's why you buy the 5.0.

289 - Holley 4150 570cfm; Performer intake; mild cam; MSD HEI; 302 heads; Roller Tips; Hedman Tri-Y headers; H-pipe w/Flowmaster 40's; 9 in posi 3.50; 205/50-17F; 225/50-17R.
Aggiesrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 11:35 PM   #78
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Minnesota
Talking

I think the Ford engineers were expecting big jumps in horsepower in the future for the 2.3 liter Ecoboost four. Why else would they put a forged steel crankshaft and forged steel connecting rods in a sub 400 horsepower engine ?
Tire Shaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 10:08 AM   #79
Road Trip!

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tire Shaker View Post
I think the Ford engineers were expecting big jumps in horsepower in the future for the 2.3 liter Ecoboost four. Why else would they put a forged steel crankshaft and forged steel connecting rods in a sub 400 horsepower engine ?

I copied and pasted this from the Q&A with Prakash Patel from Ford forum. According to his answer the rods are not mentioned as forged.

Originally Posted by KoolPwny

Will the turbocharged 2.3 liter engine have forged internals?

The 2.3L EcoBoost will have forged steel crankshaft with premium bearing materials.
dobypaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 01:50 PM   #80
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobypaw3 View Post
I copied and pasted this from the Q&A with Prakash Patel from Ford forum. According to his answer the rods are not mentioned as forged.

Originally Posted by KoolPwny

Will the turbocharged 2.3 liter engine have forged internals?

The 2.3L EcoBoost will have forged steel crankshaft with premium bearing materials.

With forged internals, maybe there will be an SVO model--basically a premium version of the standard eco-boost....hmmm?
MMVEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 01:54 PM   #81
Registered Member
Regular

Damnit I want real info on the Mach or Cobra!

Forged internals are great and all but my next Stang is a special edition weekend car.
DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 02:02 PM   #82
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Damnit I want real info on the Mach or Cobra!

Forged internals are great and all but my next Stang is a special edition weekend car.

Something special is coming...
MMVEC is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT