Ordering a 2015 GT - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-10-2014, 07:18 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Ordering a 2015 GT

I spoke to my dealer today and as soon as the new Mustang GT's can be ordered I am going to order either a yellow/black interior and black rims or a black on black on black, whichever color I order I want the Recaro's with a 6 speed!

I cannot wait!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2014, 07:30 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage Iron View Post
I spoke to my dealer today and as soon as the new Mustang GT's can be ordered I am going to order either a yellow/black interior and black rims or a black on black on black, whichever color I order I want the Recaro's with a 6 speed!

I cannot wait!

I'll be monitoring as well but do update if you order, I'm liking magnetic on black on black.
Clink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 07:33 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clink View Post
I'll be monitoring as well but do update if you order, I'm liking magnetic on black on black.

Yea im not sure between black or yellow.....yellow hasnt been around in awhile and from what ive seen on the 2015 it looks badass....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2014, 07:35 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Here ya go....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-mustang-1-640x426.jpg
Views:	497
Size:	181.3 KB
ID:	150266   Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-mustang-6.jpg
Views:	9158
Size:	259.8 KB
ID:	150267  

Old 03-10-2014, 07:43 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Here ya go....

Yep I've always liked the darker yellow stangs from past years, here are a ton of pics of your 2015, with Recaros.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...0-mustang.html
Clink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 08:03 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yep I've always liked the darker yellow stangs from past years, here are a ton of pics of your 2015, with Recaros.

SVTP Coverage of NAIAS 2014 : The 2015 S550 Mustang - SVTPerformance
Damn they all look good. Ive been been big on yellow but for some reason it sets this new Mustang off....
Old 03-11-2014, 08:45 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

My vote is yellow for what its worth. Are you ordering from Tamiami Ford? if so I work 2 blocks from there so I may stalk you on the day of delivery, to check it out lol.
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 09:27 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaplesStang View Post
My vote is yellow for what its worth. Are you ordering from Tamiami Ford? if so I work 2 blocks from there so I may stalk you on the day of delivery, to check it out lol.

Heck no I wont be ordering from them, they dont really deal very well on anything. I will be ordering from Mullinax Ford in Mobile, Alabama where I got my GHIG and they ship it to my front door and at a way lower price, no dealer fees and all that crap but once I get it we can meet up and you can check it out.

I do agree about the yellow for some reson on this Mustang it looks great!
Old 03-11-2014, 09:46 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Heck no I wont be ordering from them, they dont really deal very well on anything. I will be ordering from Mullinax Ford in Mobile, Alabama where I got my GHIG and they ship it to my front door and at a way lower price, no dealer fees and all that crap but once I get it we can meet up and you can check it out.

I do agree about the yellow for some reson on this Mustang it looks great!
I agree. Hate dealing with them. Only have used once just for warranty work. They replaced the water pump in my 2011 GT. Took 3 days and no loaner. They are way over priced. For what its worth I got mine from Matthew Currie near Sarasota and felt I got a good deal and trade value. Traded a motorcycle I still owed on and they gave me what book said was retail. Then I got $3,500 off sticker.

Either way definitely have to meet up. I love my color but if they had yellow in 2013 thats prob what would have gotten.
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Old 03-11-2014, 11:42 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I agree. Hate dealing with them. Only have used once just for warranty work. They replaced the water pump in my 2011 GT. Took 3 days and no loaner. They are way over priced. For what its worth I got mine from Matthew Currie near Sarasota and felt I got a good deal and trade value. Traded a motorcycle I still owed on and they gave me what book said was retail. Then I got $3,500 off sticker.

Either way definitely have to meet up. I love my color but if they had yellow in 2013 thats prob what would have gotten.
Yea they never did offer yellow on the 2005-2014 Mustang's, never understood that cause it always sells very well. I just cant figure out if Im gonna trade my GHIG in or not...Im on the fence about it. I really dont want to pay for insurance on 2 GT's and the upkeep but 1 would be paid for the other not...
Old 03-11-2014, 12:30 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yea they never did offer yellow on the 2005-2014 Mustang's, never understood that cause it always sells very well. I just cant figure out if Im gonna trade my GHIG in or not...Im on the fence about it. I really dont want to pay for insurance on 2 GT's and the upkeep but 1 would be paid for the other not...
I say keep both at first. you could always sell later and use to pay down/off. OR you could give it about 6 months and use it to Mod the hell out of the 2015 lol. All easy for me to say though since it's your money! lol
Old 03-11-2014, 01:14 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I say keep both at first. you could always sell later and use to pay down/off. OR you could give it about 6 months and use it to Mod the hell out of the 2015 lol. All easy for me to say though since it's your money! lol

I think your trying to force me into bankruptcy....lol

Im sorta worried that these dealers will be marking up the prices over sticker considering people will be buying these up pretty quickly...If thats the case then I will wait before I order but I will no more when they are available to order...
Old 03-11-2014, 01:40 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
I think your trying to force me into bankruptcy....lol

Im sorta worried that these dealers will be marking up the prices over sticker considering people will be buying these up pretty quickly...If thats the case then I will wait before I order but I will no more when they are available to order...
That's why I went ahead and bought a 2014 GT. I told the sales person what I wanted, he found it, and had it delivered to the lot. I got over $5300 off
sticker to boot. I'm pretty sure when the 2015s show up there will be no good deals for a while. Especially since its a new redesign that should last for the next five years, and its labeled the 50th anniversary edition.
Mustang GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 02:05 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang GT View Post
That's why I went ahead and bought a 2014 GT. I told the sales person what I wanted, he found it, and had it delivered to the lot. I got over $5300 off
sticker to boot. I'm pretty sure when the 2015s show up there will be no good deals for a while. Especially since its a new redesign that should last for the next five years, and its labeled the 50th anniversary edition.
You got that much off because Ford is trying to get rid of whats left before the 2015's hit the market. I dont think it will be anywhere near 5 years before you can buy below sticker, in 2006 I bought a Mustang GT and paid $3000 under sticker in LA and that was just a year after they were on the market....

From what my dealer told me the 2010-2014's are tanking at the dealer auctions because of the new design coming. He said a 2013 Mustang GT with 20k miles can be had for $18k at auction and he went on to say what saves my 2013 GT from being hit so low is the color which their arent very many of and the miles, 6,000.
Old 03-11-2014, 03:12 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

I've been looking into a new 15 myself.... I'm in Cape Coral and I'm more than willing to meet up with you after you pick one up to check it out! I just wish Ford would release the hp/price numbers already
TaylorF25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 04:45 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Read on another site that the order banks will open in May. Did your dealer have any pricing info ?

" Chance favors the prepared mind "
* SOLD * 2011 776rwhp.......documented " 1 of 2 "
2014 - detuned to 780rwhp
2017 F150 Lariat Scab, 5.0
1 Alibi 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 07:46 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 Alibi 2 View Post
Read on another site that the order banks will open in May. Did your dealer have any pricing info ?
Nope nothing....I asked. Im waiting to hear like everyone else.

I just hope they arent overpriced like the Camaro's.

And it's gonna be like a zoo trying to order one...
Old 03-12-2014, 08:10 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:

Nope nothing....I asked. Im waiting to hear like everyone else.

I just hope they arent overpriced like the Camaro's.

And it's gonna be like a zoo trying to order one...
For what its worth , I would get the yellow. That yellow color is awesome and with the black wheels it even nicer. I agree it will be a zoo trying too order one. I'm sure dealerships will charge well above MSRP and some people will be foolish enough to pay it.

For people like me who have no interest in purchasing a 2015, we can sit back and enjoy the crazyness. Lol
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 08:14 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
For what its worth , I would get the yellow. That yellow color is awesome and with the black wheels it even nicer. I agree it will be a zoo trying too order one. I'm sure dealerships will charge well above MSRP and some people will be foolish enough to pay it.

For people like me who have no interest in purchasing a 2015, we can sit back and enjoy the crazyness. Lol
LOL, yea im gonna see if the dealer that ive dealt with on 2 cars tries to charge me above MSRP, hell I wont even pay sticker, it will have to be below...
Old 03-12-2014, 08:25 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

LOL, yea im gonna see if the dealer that ive dealt with on 2 cars tries to charge me above MSRP, hell I wont even pay sticker, it will have to be below...
Your a smart man! I remember when the new Camaro hit dealerships back in 2009 many of the stealerships were charging 3k over MSRP. It wouldn't surprise me if various Ford dealerships try to jam it to the consumer by charging above MSRP for the 2015. I personally would never pay MSRP for a vehicle let alone over MSRP. I say if there is someone willing too pay over MSRP, then rock out.

In the meantime, I'm gonna enjoy and cherish my 2011 model.
Old 03-12-2014, 08:37 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Your a smart man! I remember when the new Camaro hit dealerships back in 2009 many of the stealerships were charging 3k over MSRP. It wouldn't surprise me if various Ford dealerships try to jam it to the consumer by charging above MSRP for the 2015. I personally would never pay MSRP for a vehicle let alone over MSRP. I say if there is someone willing too pay over MSRP, then rock out.

In the meantime, I'm gonna enjoy and cherish my 2011 model.
Im a master bull****ter so I will have my way with them
Old 03-12-2014, 09:13 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Im a master bull****ter so I will have my way with them
Do you enjoy f ing with your salesman? I love breaking the salesman's balls! Lol
Old 03-13-2014, 07:02 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Do you enjoy f ing with your salesman? I love breaking the salesman's balls! Lol
Nah not really I had a buddy who sold cars for a Dodge dealer and its a difficult way to make a living but when I go to buy a car I get a price in my mind and thats it, they never let you walk away if you are a serious buyer.
Old 03-13-2014, 07:53 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Nah not really I had a buddy who sold cars for a Dodge dealer and its a difficult way to make a living but when I go to buy a car I get a price in my mind and thats it, they never let you walk away if you are a serious buyer.
I hate the car game.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 03-13-2014, 08:05 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Just for reference, the 'Screaming Yellow' color was available in the 05' and 06' years.
Old 03-13-2014, 08:11 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Stangz View Post
Just for reference, the 'Screaming Yellow' color was available in the 05' and 06' years.
Must not have sold well cause I never saw one....
Old 03-13-2014, 08:22 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

I'll admit it wasn't the best yellow but hey, it was definitely available

It was replaced by Grabber Orange in 2007+ which I like a lot better.
Old 03-13-2014, 08:36 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'll admit it wasn't the best yellow but hey, it was definitely available

It was replaced by Grabber Orange in 2007+ which I like a lot better.

I had the Grabber Orange in 2007 on my GT...Loved it...
Old 03-13-2014, 08:37 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Haha well there you go, you had the new and improved Screaming Yellow.
Old 03-13-2014, 08:41 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Haha well there you go, you had the new and improved Screaming Yellow.
I bought it in LA when I lived out there. Ex-Wife hated the color wouldnt even ride in it....
Old 03-13-2014, 09:00 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Lucky SOB!! I'd go with black forsure!!!
Old 03-15-2014, 11:40 AM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Yellow but you are an OCD detailer and had black. I'm glad I got rid of my black. I was tired if having 2 jobs.

Good luck. I'm still waiting on specs (official or did I miss those). I'll go drive one but I'm 99.9% happy with my roush. Tis why I made that jump.

Or black with yellow stripes? That would be sick
JAC20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 02:53 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Any word on the final curb weight? Still haven't found any info.
Old 03-18-2014, 07:42 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Yellow information

Not tring to sway you either way but.. I see where people wonder why not yellow.

The reason Yellow cars are a love them or hate them.
I worked in Bowling Green, KY ( corvette Plant) / Nissan Plant in TN and GM plant in Nashville area.
When shopping used cars, you can always find better deals on the yellow ones..
I fi bought a yellow I would have to have stripping on it to brake it up.
Also a friend of mine who works in Auto sells told me a few years back. Dealers usually dont want yellow cars on trade in. They are harder to sell... it may also effect the deal on the trade in..
By the way i was told the same thing about Green. But I looked for green when I wanted to buy one. So please remember what i wrote is not in stone. Just for information..
Alerotaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 09:16 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
I can't wait for the 15'. Black w/black satin stripes, recaro seats, track pack!
shellac is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT