2015 Mustang: Leaning toward Ecoboost model... - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-01-2015, 08:42 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Maybe a lot depends on the area. When I was looking for a car the 94-04 mustangs GT and v6s were surprisingly extremely close in price. And the 05-10 v6s are still going for a minimum of 9-10 k. There are so many factors to consider but I was surprised how well the base mustangs hold value. Now when you get really old (fox bodies and prior) it's harder to gauge the market because there are guys with GTs for sale that sit for a year before they sell because the price is so high. But even with those years clean base models still have demand for swaps. But talking about a used car that's 10-15 years old is different then a 30 year old car as a dd.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
StarzTA17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2015, 08:55 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
I'm looking forward to seeing it ripping down the road. No shame in my game when the 4 banger tears my a$$ up and leaves me in the dust. Ha ha ha

Damn Kona. Shameless much bro? You're practically laying yourself down on the pavement a$$ end up with detour arrow signs painted showing the Ecoboost where to go!!!
(you're using $$ signs as representation of it being the moneymaker??? Lol)

Anyway... People will get what people will want. I'm sure there are Lambo Lovers and Ferrari Fans out there that would love to see their super cars mated to a six cylinder and electric motors. Although that being said most of those people are found living in the looney bin. GO EV POWER! Lol

If money isn't a problem and you're not a tree hugger then there's no reason not to get a V8. I is a better platform (engine wise).

DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 09:01 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxford5pointoh View Post
^ not trying to pick a fight... Maybe I will see you at the AM show in the summer

Don't kick him in the balls. Well... maybe just one of them. Lol

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2015, 09:28 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasStang77 View Post
Damn Kona. Shameless much bro? You're practically laying yourself down on the pavement a$$ end up with detour arrow signs painted showing the Ecoboost where to go!!!
(you're using $$ signs as representation of it being the moneymaker??? Lol)

Anyway... People will get what people will want. I'm sure there are Lambo Lovers and Ferrari Fans out there that would love to see their super cars mated to a six cylinder and electric motors. Although that being said most of those people are found living in the looney bin. GO EV POWER! Lol

If money isn't a problem and you're not a tree hugger then there's no reason not to get a V8. I is a better platform (engine wise).

Ha ha ha. Too funny.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 11:44 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxford5pointoh View Post
Ehh I disagree with the resale thing. Yes they are more expensive so for the first 5-8 years this might be true. But once these are older than 10 years old no one is really going to be seeking out a car that they can use to commute in. So those v6 and 4cyl models become less desirable directly effecting the value. There's always going to be a guy who wants a gt. No matter how many miles are in it, how old it is. I dunno that's just my .02 maybe I'm wrong.

I agree with this and I'm not trying to piss off the v6 crowd but the GT's hold there value MUCH better! There is always a market for a GT and even the older high mileage ones continue life as a race car or hobby car. It's not directly proportional to the purchase price either a GT new may only cost 10-15% more when new but often sell for double or even more when sold years later. For example a 04 GT sells for around 6k in my area but a 04 V6 is a $1500-$2500 car. That's my .02

dave73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 12:25 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

2015 Mustang: Leaning toward Ecoboost model...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave73 View Post
I agree with this and I'm not trying to piss off the v6 crowd but the GT's hold there value MUCH better! There is always a market for a GT and even the older high mileage ones continue life as a race car or hobby car. It's not directly proportional to the purchase price either a GT new may only cost 10-15% more when new but often sell for double or even more when sold years later. For example a 04 GT sells for around 6k in my area but a 04 V6 is a $1500-$2500 car. That's my .02

Exactly.

Imagine if you were in the market for a used 1995 Mustang. Would you opt for a four banger or a GT?

I just checked locally.

Ranging from 1995-1997, GTs averaged $7000 or so with a range of $5500-$8990.

Base averaged something like $4000 with a range of $2999-$5799.

Not gonna say the eventual sales price won't be lower for the GT but if it is most likely it will also be lower for the v6.

Not by all means conclusive or exhaustive research but it does seem that GT command a respectable 55-83% price difference.

Besides just admit it. If given the choice of either a Supra Turbo or a base Supra you would choose the turbo.

Old 04-01-2015, 04:16 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Msrp on a base v6 is 23800. Msrp on a base GT is 32300. So that's a 26-27% difference not sure where your getting a GT is 10 % different.
I would love for you to show me a decent 04 v6 for 1500. From what I see in the southeast you can't touch one for under 3 k and that's assume in high miles, wear and tear, and an early year.

Like I said nobody is saying a v6 is better or faster but the way some of you Guys talk make it sound like a v6 isn't going to be worth the metal it's made of in 5 years and that's just dumb. To say it's worth spending 7-9 k more for an additional 2-4 k in resale value doesn't make sense at all. And to say there's not a market, I can't tell you how many old ladies and high school girls I see in v6 94-04 mustangs there's your market that would probable prefer a v6 over a GT. And I've owned GTs, Chevys, fords, and imports. So I'm just looking at it for what it is through an open lens on the entire car buying market. Not the closed lens of "only people who race the car will buy a mustang".

Old 04-01-2015, 07:13 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarzTA17 View Post
Msrp on a base v6 is 23800. Msrp on a base GT is 32300. So that's a 26-27% difference not sure where your getting a GT is 10 % different.
I would love for you to show me a decent 04 v6 for 1500. From what I see in the southeast you can't touch one for under 3 k and that's assume in high miles, wear and tear, and an early year.

Like I said nobody is saying a v6 is better or faster but the way some of you Guys talk make it sound like a v6 isn't going to be worth the metal it's made of in 5 years and that's just dumb. To say it's worth spending 7-9 k more for an additional 2-4 k in resale value doesn't make sense at all. And to say there's not a market, I can't tell you how many old ladies and high school girls I see in v6 94-04 mustangs there's your market that would probable prefer a v6 over a GT. And I've owned GTs, Chevys, fords, and imports. So I'm just looking at it for what it is through an open lens on the entire car buying market. Not the closed lens of "only people who race the car will buy a mustang".

Dude you are so off base you can find 99-04 V6's all day long for 15-2500 that's what they go for. I just bought a clean 1 owner 04 GT convertible for 5k. I'm not going to argue with you I'm just stating the facts. Maybe I was looking at a premium v6 vs the Base GT that's why I was only noticing a 4-6k price difference in the new one. I don't know but I have ALOT of cars and I buy and sell frequently and I ALWAYS buy used. I have owned at least 50-60 cars in my life and I currently have 6 on the road. You can choose to listen or keep telling yourself some BS to justify your purchase. I could care less! I have owned V6's and have nothing against them but the GT's hold their value much better than the 6's and are worth the extra investment. I buy used and I only buy the best models of whatever make model and in alot of cases the depreciation is minimal and sometimes I turn a profit.

Old 04-01-2015, 09:59 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Okay and the point is what good sir? You say a used 04 Gt sells for around 6k. You say an 04 V6 sells for 1500-2500k.

So that's at most a 4500 dollar difference in Gt sells for more. Let me ask you this sir. What did that new 04 Gt sell for back in 2004? What did that new 04 V6 sell for in 2004?

See any difference there in price? Yes the V6 will sell for less but it costs less new to buy so it all evens out the same. I love when people day the resale is less. Yeah no fudge, the car cost thousands less so of course it's gonna sell for less.

My 2011 3.7 may sell for 7500 dollars less than a 2011 5.0 in same condition with similar millage but guess what. I paid 7,500 dollars less for the car when I bought it new.

Old 04-01-2015, 10:54 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Bottom line is the V6's will continually depreciate down to scrap metal price while the GT's or better yet the special models (Bullit, Mach 1, Boss, etc) will level off and in a lot of cases start to appreciate. You have really no chance of that happening with the sixes. But let's just see how it plays out but my opinion is that clean Coyote powered GT's will be coveted on the used market for a long time.

Old 04-01-2015, 11:16 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Bottom line is the V6's will continually depreciate down to scrap metal price while the GT's or better yet the special models (Bullit, Mach 1, Boss, etc) will level off and in a lot of cases start to appreciate. You have really no chance of that happening with the sixes. But let's just see how it plays out but my opinion is that clean Coyote powered GT's will be coveted on the used market for a long time.

Well I've seen some 67 GTs selling for $500 as junk. That being said yeah a classic fastback GT does in fact command a higher price than a base V6 but then again the base V6 fastback is still pricey.

It's way way too early to speculate the collectible status of the last gen mustangs (last gen of SRA) but if it does retain value I would disagree that the V6 would continue to depreciate till its scrap metal just cuz it's a V6. GTs would do the same if it was a junker too.

Kona keep that six banger of yours pristine and prove them wrong and sell it 40 years down the road for $100,000.

Old 04-01-2015, 11:35 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasStang77 View Post
Well I've seen some 67 GTs selling for $500 as junk. That being said yeah a classic fastback GT does in fact command a higher price than a base V6 but then again the base V6 fastback is still pricey.

It's way way too early to speculate the collectible status of the last gen mustangs (last gen of SRA) but if it does retain value I would disagree that the V6 would continue to depreciate till its scrap metal just cuz it's a V6. GTs would do the same if it was a junker too.

Kona keep that six banger of yours pristine and prove them wrong and sell it 40 years down the road for $100,000.

Im not talking about 40 years from now who knows what could happen by then! Im just thinking 10-15 years from now. I think there will be people kicking themselves in the butt for not buying a nice GT when they had a chance! Time will tell!

Old 04-02-2015, 01:42 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Dude you are so off base you can find 99-04 V6's all day long for 15-2500 that's what they go for. I just bought a clean 1 owner 04 GT convertible for 5k. I'm not going to argue with you I'm just stating the facts. Maybe I was looking at a premium v6 vs the Base GT that's why I was only noticing a 4-6k price difference in the new one. I don't know but I have ALOT of cars and I buy and sell frequently and I ALWAYS buy used. I have owned at least 50-60 cars in my life and I currently have 6 on the road. You can choose to listen or keep telling yourself some BS to justify your purchase. I could care less! I have owned V6's and have nothing against them but the GT's hold their value much better than the 6's and are worth the extra investment. I buy used and I only buy the best models of whatever make model and in alot of cases the depreciation is minimal and sometimes I turn a profit.

I don’t have to justify anything I am the one stating facts. Your response shows you have no idea what you’re talking about. You’re comparing prices and have no idea what you’re comparing as far as trim levels, you buy used so you have no idea about new car buying (your words not mine), new car buying will NEVER be an investment. If you pay 9 k more for a Gt and sell for 5 k more than a v6 then I would say losing half your money is a pretty bad investment.

My V6 is my DD, I’ve had/have plenty of toys and buy and sell all the time so I know how the game is played. When buying used there will be sellers priced high and low so just because you see one car priced a certain way you cant say that is representative of the entire market.

Again, I’ve provided concrete numbers to evidence my side. But here are a few more to further prove my point that paying the additional price for a GT isn’t an investment. I've used several valuing sources to be unbiased and as you can see both cars show average depreciation. And just because you only ‘buy the best models of whatever make model’ you buy doesn’t mean a market doesn’t exist for the other cars.

-1996 Mustang prices on NADA. A GT has a clean retail of $4,075 and a V6 has a clean retail of $2,850 (both base models, no options, with 130,000 miles).
Although I don’t have window stickers from what I could find a base 1996 mustang has a MSRP of 15,180 and a GT is 17,610. So the GT costs around 2,500 more and is worth about 1,200 more per NADA.

-2000 Mustang prices on KBB. A GT is valued at $2,854 and a V6 is valued at 1,711 (both base models, no options, good condition, with 111,892 miles)
Although I don’t have window stickers from what I could find a base 2000 mustang has a MSRP of 16,710 and a GT is 21,205. A GT costs around 4500 more and is worth 1000 more per KBB.

-2005 Mustang prices on Edmunds. A GT average retail is $5,603 and a V6 is valued at $3,901. (Both deluxe models, no options, white (since it makes you pick color), average condition, with 120,000 miles)
Although I don’t have window stickers from what I could find a base 2005 mustang has a MSRP of 19,215 and a GT is 25,140. A GT costs around 6,000 more and is worth 1,700 more per Edmunds.
Old 04-02-2015, 05:47 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarzTA17 View Post
I don’t have to justify anything I am the one stating facts. Your response shows you have no idea what you’re talking about. You’re comparing prices and have no idea what you’re comparing as far as trim levels, you buy used so you have no idea about new car buying (your words not mine), new car buying will NEVER be an investment. If you pay 9 k more for a Gt and sell for 5 k more than a v6 then I would say losing half your money is a pretty bad investment.

My V6 is my DD, I’ve had/have plenty of toys and buy and sell all the time so I know how the game is played. When buying used there will be sellers priced high and low so just because you see one car priced a certain way you cant say that is representative of the entire market.

Again, I’ve provided concrete numbers to evidence my side. But here are a few more to further prove my point that paying the additional price for a GT isn’t an investment. I've used several valuing sources to be unbiased and as you can see both cars show average depreciation. And just because you only ‘buy the best models of whatever make model’ you buy doesn’t mean a market doesn’t exist for the other cars.

-1996 Mustang prices on NADA. A GT has a clean retail of $4,075 and a V6 has a clean retail of $2,850 (both base models, no options, with 130,000 miles).
Although I don’t have window stickers from what I could find a base 1996 mustang has a MSRP of 15,180 and a GT is 17,610. So the GT costs around 2,500 more and is worth about 1,200 more per NADA.

-2000 Mustang prices on KBB. A GT is valued at $2,854 and a V6 is valued at 1,711 (both base models, no options, good condition, with 111,892 miles)
Although I don’t have window stickers from what I could find a base 2000 mustang has a MSRP of 16,710 and a GT is 21,205. A GT costs around 4500 more and is worth 1000 more per KBB.

-2005 Mustang prices on Edmunds. A GT average retail is $5,603 and a V6 is valued at $3,901. (Both deluxe models, no options, white (since it makes you pick color), average condition, with 120,000 miles)
Although I don’t have window stickers from what I could find a base 2005 mustang has a MSRP of 19,215 and a GT is 25,140. A GT costs around 6,000 more and is worth 1,700 more per Edmunds.

Good grief! What I know is If I put a GT or better at the end of my road to sell especially a manual my phone rings off the hook and they go quick. If I put a v6 mustang out there it takes a long time to sell usually have to make a deal to get rid of it. Market for V6 is for DD's the market for V8's tremendously larger. And that's all I got to say about that! Lol

Old 04-02-2015, 06:37 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
I have owned a turbocharged car and I will tell you 3 things:

In no way is it cheaper to run in the long term.
In no markets will it hold value as well as a V8.
Boosting a baby engine doesnt = good mpg. My last boosted 2.3L car got 18 avg mpg and it had a lot more gizmo space ship engine technology on it than these fords can shake a stick at.

You gotta refer to basics in times like these.

more moving parts = more **** to break
Small engine + Big power = Bang
Big engine + Bigger power = Happy.
Panther140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 06:41 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Look at the fox bodies. The decent fox body mustangs are starting to appreciate in my area. But look at the 2.3 fox body turbo they had back then.. nobody wants them... and neither will you after about 6 months your gonna be feeling the engine change and realize that you

Panther140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 07:16 PM   #52
Registered Member

Regular

^hilarious
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 07:24 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther140 View Post
Look at the fox bodies. The decent fox body mustangs are starting to appreciate in my area. But look at the 2.3 fox body turbo they had back then.. nobody wants them... and neither will you after about 6 months your gonna be feeling the engine change and realize that you

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1428020690757.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	56.6 KB
ID:	178923  
Old 04-02-2015, 09:20 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Hampshire
i wouldn't even spend a minute worrying about resale value on late model Mustangs! (Besides specialty models) they're all highly devalued once they're used. And if you've modded it up, plan on most people looking at that as a bad thing.
* Buy what makes you look forward to driving it an hour before you actually leave home or work...makes you look back after you parked...talk about and daydream about.
* Does it matter saying it has a four banger while people always comment on it at the gas station, grocery store, traffic light etc?...... YES! Even with 315 HP etc.....Yes it's a FOUR banger. And as shallow as it is, it matters. And it makes for a weird, kind of uncomfortable awkward end to the encounter with that unknown admirer.....
* kinda like when you're driving down the street and see a really hot woman from behind and think, yeah baby!! .... And then you see it's a dude. Yeah, it's THAT kind of weird.
....he may have looked sweet for a minute, and maybe can rock your world....but NOPE.
Waylap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 01:38 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Good grief! What I know is If I put a GT or better at the end of my road to sell especially a manual my phone rings off the hook and they go quick. If I put a v6 mustang out there it takes a long time to sell usually have to make a deal to get rid of it. Market for V6 is for DD's the market for V8's tremendously larger. And that's all I got to say about that! Lol

Gonna have to disagree with you there boss. Takes a long time to sell a V6??????? Ford sells more V6 models over the past decades than any other particular model. Its not hard to sell a V6 model nor hard to sell a V8 model.

There is always some parent out there looking to buy there young son or daughter a older V6 model to keep the insurance and fuel costs lower. I know you V8 fans think the universe revolves around the V8 motor but news flash, it doesn't.

Selling a pre owned V6 is not any harder than Ford selling a new V6. Granted, the V6 will sell for less but it costs far less than the V8 to buy when new.

V6 or V8 mustangs sell because why? Because its a mustang!

Old 04-03-2015, 01:43 PM   #56
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post

Takes a long time to sell a V6???????

That's a lot of question marks. I'm convinced this thread is getting to be a pissing match.
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 01:44 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Gonna have to disagree with you there boss. Takes a long time to sell a V6??????? Ford sells more V6 models over the past decades than any other particular model. Its not hard to sell a V6 model nor hard to sell a V8 model.

There is always some parent out there looking to buy there young son or daughter a older V6 model to keep the insurance and fuel costs lower. Dime a dozen V6 buyers. I know you V8 fans think the universe revolves around the V8 motor but news flash, it doesn't.

Selling a pre owned V6 is not any harder than Ford selling a new V6. Granted, the V6 will sell for less but it costs far less than the V8 to buy when new.

V6 or V8 mustangs sell because why? Because its a mustang!

Old 04-03-2015, 02:56 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

One thing you said is true the market for older high mileage V6's is parents buying them for the teenage sons and daughters and that's about it! And they want to pay cash and want them CHEAP! And I'm just going to say it because I'm not politically correct at all "The Mustang world DOES revolve around the V8 cars" most V6 owners end up stepping up to them later down the road. I had a v6 when I was young nothing wrong with them but I knew there place as an entry level Mustang and didn't spout this crazy talk your saying!

Old 04-03-2015, 07:25 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
One thing you said is true the market for older high mileage V6's is parents buying them for the teenage sons and daughters and that's about it! And they want to pay cash and want them CHEAP! And I'm just going to say it because I'm not politically correct at all "The Mustang world DOES revolve around the V8 cars" most V6 owners end up stepping up to them later down the road. I had a v6 when I was young nothing wrong with them but I knew there place as an entry level Mustang and didn't spout this crazy talk your saying!

The Ford Mustang world DOES NOT revolve around the V8 models. The performance world DOES and those enthusiasts are small compared to the big picture. Ford sells and sold far more V6 models than V8 models. That's fact sir.

Some may argue that the V8 may of not survived had it not been for the V6 model sales of the past. Somebody must want V6 models because Ford sure does and did sell a couple V6 models over the past few decades.

I'm not saying V8's are hard to sell. Certainly not and plenty of people who want them but V6 models are not hard to sell either. They just sell for less money. There are plenty of housewives and teenage kids who want a great looking car like a Mustang and don't care if its a V8 and had 645 HP. There are plenty of interested buyers who don't care if the 2010 V6 only has 220 plus HP.

The far majority of people don't care or want a car that has the potential to hold 4,065 HP with forged internals or 700 HP on factory internals. Someone will have no trouble selling a nice condition 2011 V6 that has 305 HP. That's plenty of power for any young driver. There are plenty of consumers out there in the market for both V6 and V8 models.

Its a load of crap about the resell value point. Yes, a V8 model will sell for more than a V6 model. The V8 model costs more new. This is not rocket science. I won't get as much for my 2011 3.7 as a 2011 5.0 but I paid 7,500 dollars less than the 5.0 so it all works out to be the same.

Groups like this are in the far minority to the rest of mustang consumers. I have seen around ten (10) 2015 models on the road and not one V8 model. All 4 banger turbo and V6 models and 8 of the 10 were the 4 banger model.

V8 sales will be last of the three models and the 4 banger will take the lead in sales. Why, because the far majority of consumers don't care about having 435 HP.

Old 04-03-2015, 07:33 PM   #60
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Buy whatever makes you happy. If you are worrying about selling it from day 1 what is the point of even buying it in the first place?

Buy it in the now and don't worry about anything else.

I love the V8s and always will.... But if I do get a new Mustang I'll be getting the EB4

Bullitts are better than Bullets

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 07:45 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
Buy whatever makes you happy. If you are worrying about selling it from day 1 what is the point of even buying it in the first place?

Buy it in the now and don't worry about anything else.

I love the V8s and always will.... But if I do get a new Mustang I'll be getting the EB4

Bullitts are better than Bullets
Totally true sir. I think the V8's are awesome too but you must admit! There are 10's of thousands of consumers that don't care if the Mustang has a V6 or not. They just want a great looking iconic Mustang. These two pictures sum it up!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1428108235140.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	68.2 KB
ID:	179004   Click image for larger version

Name:	1428108278456.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	101.4 KB
ID:	179005  

Old 04-03-2015, 09:12 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Great point soccerluvr!

Btw konablue if you're going to take the time to write a long opinion and try to make it grammatically correct at least do it right. Lol
For example the paragraph below should have read

"Some may argue that the V8 may [have] not survived had it not been for the V6 model sales of the past."

Instead of
"Some may argue that the V8 may of not survived had it not been for the V6 model sales of the past. Somebody must want V6 models because Ford sure does and did sell a couple V6 models over the past few decades."

And I could care less about this topic since I've had both a V6 and V8, I was just curious what was in this thread since it just kept getting so many replies.
Rico3in1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 10:13 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Back on the original topic I went to my local Ford dealer to test drive and possibly buy a 15 back in November. I was considering the Ecoboost and test drove it and I was very disappointed. It just didn't feel good to say the least and definitely did not feel like 300 HP. I'm sure they will work on it some more so I'd probably wait a model year or two before I would get one. I drove a V6 too and it felt much better than the EcoBoost. I really had higher expectations for it but I'm sure they will refine it some more. So anyway the dealer had taken a Boss 302 in on trade with only 7500 miles on it and I ended buying that instead of a 15. But I do plan on buying a S550 at some point but I'm thinking like maybe 2017. Let them refine this new car a bit plus I have been hearing about a Mach 1 coming and I think that could be interesting on the new body style so I'm already saving!

Old 04-03-2015, 10:49 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico3in1 View Post
Great point soccerluvr!

Btw konablue if you're going to take the time to write a long opinion and try to make it grammatically correct at least do it right. Lol
For example the paragraph below should have read

"Some may argue that the V8 may [have] not survived had it not been for the V6 model sales of the past."

Instead of
"Some may argue that the V8 may of not survived had it not been for the V6 model sales of the past. Somebody must want V6 models because Ford sure does and did sell a couple V6 models over the past few decades."

And I could care less about this topic since I've had both a V6 and V8, I was just curious what was in this thread since it just kept getting so many replies.
Great point sir. I appreciate you educating me on proper gramactical usgae of the English language. Thank you for being here sir.

Carry on the debate!

Old 04-04-2015, 07:24 AM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
May I just add one thing? The turbo 4 has sound piped into the stereo system. Why?

I have a 2015 GT appearance package Ruby Red convertible. When I have the top down and press the GO button I can't keep from smiling. I love my car!

Btw, I was looking at a new Corvette. I never owned a Ford in my life. This Mustang is amazing.
scurfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 07:31 AM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurfie View Post
May I just add one thing? The turbo 4 has sound piped into the stereo system. Why?

I have a 2015 GT appearance package Ruby Red convertible. When I have the top down and press the GO button I can't keep from smiling. I love my car!

Btw, I was looking at a new Corvette. I never owned a Ford in my life. This Mustang is amazing.

You obviously haven't heard about all the new technology that's coming in the future. Instead of wasting money on "real" exhaust systems you'll be able to go to the ITunes or Google store and download whatever exhaust sound you want! Download to your iPod or MP3 and play it over your cars stereo. If you turn it up loud enough you can even cover up the thrashy sounding EcoBoost.

Old 04-04-2015, 08:16 AM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurfie View Post

I know exactly what you mean. When I'm in my modded 3.7 with the windows down and press the GO button I get a smile from ear to ear. Having a full exhaust system with long tubes and no cats really makes me in love with my S197.

Old 04-04-2015, 11:00 PM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

Hey so selling my 96 GT soon, possibly going for a 2014 v6, 2015 or Eco boost ? I am 19 insurance will be a pain in the... Anyways any suggestions ? Recommendations.

GoldenCaMuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 11:34 PM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Hampshire
If you're paying your own insurance then the 14 V6 might be the least expensive to insure. You can still have a sweet ride and money for a girlfriend.
Or a GT and no money for anything else.
At 44 years old...I would opt for a GT....and no girl.
Waylap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 11:50 PM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

Gas is also an issue I may look cool driving around in a GT, but the v6's produce decent amount of horse power. I do plan to pay my own insurance, car payments. I basically was waiting a year or so but my cousin husband had offered me 4 k for my 96 GT it only has 70 xxx miles. Another thing many people told me not to give a large down payment for a first car ? Any idea why ?
I like the 2015 better but 14 are cheaper.

GoldenCaMuscle is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT

Tags
2015 mustang