2015 Mustang: Leaning toward Ecoboost model... - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-05-2015, 09:03 AM   #71
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenCaMuscle View Post
Hey so selling my 96 GT soon, possibly going for a 2014 v6, 2015 or Eco boost ? I am 19 insurance will be a pain in the... Anyways any suggestions ? Recommendations.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
My suggestion is to get what will make you the most happy. What you can afford and what you are willing to afford! Just because one is 19 years of age doesn't mean someone can't afford a 5.0 or car insurance on it.

If you get a V6 or 4 banger turbo be prepared to get your balls busted and be considered a puss puss for not getting the 5.0. Many 19 year olds can have fragile ego's. If you have a fragile ego and really care what the car world thinks, go 5.0 all the way.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-05-2015, 12:55 PM   #72
Registered Member
Regular
 
Waylap1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: US
Region: New Hampshire
Posts: 820
If you're set on getting a new car, I would suggest the biggest down payment with trade in you can afford. This way you don't start out upside down. then keep the car for a long time. When you start your car purchase career close to upside down, it continues and gets even worse with each time you trade Until finally you have a car payment of $900 a month and it's a Hyundai.
if I was 19 again, I would use my 4 grand to buy a reliable car outright with no payment.
Waylap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 06:56 PM   #73
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 287
I'm selling my 96' GT it's been having smaller issues such as overheating check engine light turning on and off. It only has 70 xxx miles. I plan to give a 7,8 k down payment. I just want an everyday driver mustang.... Like I previously mentioned I don't know much about moderne mustangs... I'm aware of the horse power they product the 2013 v6's produce advent amount of horse power 300 which is not bad. My 96 gt produces 200 hrp haha.
- I have in mind the.
-2011-2014 v6
-2015 v6
-2015 Eco
- if I'm lucky I would settle for a -2011-2014 GT.

I was going to keep my current mustang but someone offered me a decent amount of money for it.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
GoldenCaMuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-05-2015, 07:05 PM   #74
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenCaMuscle View Post
I'm selling my 96' GT it's been having smaller issues such as overheating check engine light turning on and off. It only has 70 xxx miles. I plan to give a 7,8 k down payment. I just want an everyday driver mustang.... Like I previously mentioned I don't know much about moderne mustangs... I'm aware of the horse power they product the 2013 v6's produce advent amount of horse power 300 which is not bad. My 96 gt produces 200 hrp haha.
- I have in mind the.
-2011-2014 v6
-2015 v6
-2015 Eco
- if I'm lucky I would settle for a -2011-2014 GT.

I was going to keep my current mustang but someone offered me a decent amount of money for it.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
I vote you should just settle for an 11-14 Gt and call it a day! 😎

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 07:08 PM   #75
Registered Member

Regular
 
oxford5pointoh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Murica
Region: Other
Posts: 4,069
2015 Mustang: Leaning toward Ecoboost model...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
I vote you should just settle for an 11-14 Gt and call it a day! 😎

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

"Settle" for a 11-14 GT. Hardly anything to be sad about. Have you driven a coyote? I bet you drive one and you won't call it settling

FYI that's not directed to you kona, I know you were just quoting golden
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 07:40 PM   #76
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 287
Insurance should be high lol. I should test drive one.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
GoldenCaMuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 07:44 PM   #77
Registered Member

Regular
 
oxford5pointoh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Murica
Region: Other
Posts: 4,069
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenCaMuscle View Post
Insurance should be high lol. I should test drive one.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

Yeah, just don't kill the salesman 👍🚘😮
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 07:50 PM   #78
Registered Member

Regular
 
Famine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Rapid City
Region: South Dakota
Posts: 684
I have to say there are silly comments to justify the 4 banger lol. I would like to see 35mpg. I don't think we have seen that with turbo 4 imports that make less hp, weigh less, and have less drive train to turn.
If you want gas mileage, wait for an Elio.
Personally, and this is just me, but I feel a mustang should be a v8, and if I were to go turbo 4 again (as I've owned an srt4, evo8, evox, 2 supercharged si's, turbo s2000, and sti) I would go with the new rs that will be released soon, or another evox.
To make good power like a v8 from the factory, you can get there with a tune and bolt ons, but any more that that, bigger snails become required and when you do that, you will sacrifice in spooling.
Famine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 10:26 PM   #79
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Charlotte, NC
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 1,045
Quote:
Originally Posted by Famine View Post
I have to say there are silly comments to justify the 4 banger lol. I would like to see 35mpg. I don't think we have seen that with turbo 4 imports that make less hp, weigh less, and have less drive train to turn.
If you want gas mileage, wait for an Elio.
Personally, and this is just me, but I feel a mustang should be a v8, and if I were to go turbo 4 again (as I've owned an srt4, evo8, evox, 2 supercharged si's, turbo s2000, and sti) I would go with the new rs that will be released soon, or another evox.
To make good power like a v8 from the factory, you can get there with a tune and bolt ons, but any more that that, bigger snails become required and when you do that, you will sacrifice in spooling.
People who purchase ecoboost and V6 models justify their purchases just like you justified your V8 purchase. There is not one perfect model/ engine for everyone. The term 'best' is subjective. Whats best for you may not be best for me.

Just FYI the 35 MPG isn't BS. I can say I've hand calculated 33-35 MPG in my V6 mustang on numerous occasions with 100% highway 100% stock with the 2.73 gears with a best of 38 MPG. So with pure highway I dont see any reason why the ecoboost wouldnt get similar although I believe they have 3.15 gears instead of the 2.73's the 14's came with and weight slightly more.
StarzTA17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 05:24 AM   #80
Registered Member
Regular
 
Footpeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 53
Being an older and hopefully wiser guy, my little woman and I tried out an echo mustang 4 banger, auto, convertible, 2015. Ride nice and we both fit nice inside. Mileage / price was a factor. Well throw all that out the window after we drove a GT same options. 10k more. Not sorry !!! 1st ride we got 23 mpg. Better then my ford truck, and Jeep Wrangler Sahara. So bottom line is go for what you can afford and upgrade as you go.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Footpeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 05:45 AM   #81
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by oxford5pointoh View Post
"Settle" for a 11-14 GT. Hardly anything to be sad about. Have you driven a coyote? I bet you drive one and you won't call it settling

FYI that's not directed to you kona, I know you were just quoting golden
Lol. I was thinking the same thing sir. Ha ha ha

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 06:02 AM   #82
Registered Member
Regular
 
scurfie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Lewisburg
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 449
Quote:
Originally Posted by Footpeg View Post
Being an older and hopefully wiser guy, my little woman and I tried out an echo mustang 4 banger, auto, convertible, 2015. Ride nice and we both fit nice inside. Mileage / price was a factor. Well throw all that out the window after we drove a GT same options. 10k more. Not sorry !!! 1st ride we got 23 mpg. Better then my ford truck, and Jeep Wrangler Sahara. So bottom line is go for what you can afford and upgrade as you go.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
The wife and I tried the 2015 6 cylinder. I will admit I was shocked. Decent sound, and actually pretty quick.
If I were younger I would go for the 6, and mod the hell out of it. Being an older guy, the GT insurance didn't hit me hard. I waited a long time for that V8 and power is so addicting.
scurfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 04:59 PM   #83
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 287
Quote:
Originally Posted by scurfie View Post
The wife and I tried the 2015 6 cylinder. I will admit I was shocked. Decent sound, and actually pretty quick.
If I were younger I would go for the 6, and mod the hell out of it. Being an older guy, the GT insurance didn't hit me hard. I waited a long time for that V8 and power is so addicting.

I am 19 and I went with the v6 2015 you could imagine how bad my insurance is ! Lol.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

---------- Post added at 09:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 PM ----------

I thought about installing a roush axle back bbk shorty headers on my v6 any suggestions ?


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
GoldenCaMuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT

Tags
2015 mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2015 Mustang. Independant Rear Suspension and an Ecoboost 4 cylinder. Thoughts? 4968coyote 2015 Mustang GT 81 01-14-2014 02:02 PM
new 2015 engine lineup info including Ecoboost Coyote Ricky35 2015+ Mustang Ecoboost (and V6) 84 05-04-2013 10:13 PM
Leaning seat robert81717 1979-1995 Mustang GT 5 07-27-2011 06:56 PM
Auburn Could Be Heading Toward Some Probation Brent The Bar 6 12-14-2006 02:06 PM
Hurricane likely heading toward Florida Brent The Bar 25 09-07-2004 03:48 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



04:13 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.