2015 opinion - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-29-2014, 10:58 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
2015 opinion

Is it just me or does the new mustang kinda similar to the new edge mustangs.
Every time I see the car it just reminds me of a new edge.
Tangtang2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-29-2014, 11:26 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mexico
the xxxxxxx angle you lookin at? lol
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2000-V6-Mustang_Photo_15.jpg
Views:	702
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	158168   Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-Mustang-GT-grill-detail.jpg
Views:	4024
Size:	571.3 KB
ID:	158169  

FullyAutomatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 11:27 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Haha I can even see it in that pic... I guess it is just me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2014, 02:54 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangtang2.0 View Post
Haha I can even see it in that pic... I guess it is just me
Put down the crack pipe lol. I kid I kid, but seriously they are not even remotely similar. I'm not sure what you are seeing. To me it looks like a Fusion that got its face stretched after a botched brow lift...
BadCon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 03:07 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

I agree but ignore all those details and jut look at the outline and body shape compared to the 05-14 mustangs.. Looks like the new edges
Old 06-02-2014, 03:12 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I agree but ignore all those details and jut look at the outline and body shape compared to the 05-14 mustangs.. Looks like the new edges
Looking at just the outline, I see where you are coming from. They have definitely softened the front end compared to the S197's. However, this is the time when I would paste the front end from several other vehicles which share the same overall outline. An oval shape is an oval shape...any car with round front fenders and a nod to aerodynamics is likely going to have a similar overall outline.

I'll give you this, the 2015 has more in common with a 99-04 then it does with a 05-14 with regards to front end design.
BadCon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 03:14 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Old 06-02-2014, 03:18 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I have to say the 2015 pics had me thinking... "hhuuuhhh, ok I guess". There is a giy driving a V6 here in Naples, DIB or equivalent and in person I am even less impressed than the pictures. Not sure wht it is. Looks longer and lower than I expected. Almost iportish. My first thought when seeing in person was it looked like a newer rendering of the old Honda Preludes
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 03:20 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

I actually thought, huh, they just modernized the new edge, and added the fusion styling and grille... the latter I can live without on a stang

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 03:22 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Idk but hopefully they decide to change the front for the 16 or 17 .. I like em but not enough to get a 15
Old 06-02-2014, 03:58 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Idk but hopefully they decide to change the front for the 16 or 17 .. I like em but not enough to get a 15
+1

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
Old 06-02-2014, 05:01 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Don't like the front end? Check these out and you will

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/show...kely-1700.html
Clink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 03:40 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
The urge to cookie cutter a vehicles exterior is coming to the 2015 mustang. Eventually ALL cars will look like a BMW or Altima (which with badges removed look about the same). European styling for an Amer muscle car?...<hurl>

I buy a muscle car because, well..obviously the speed, but the look as well. Challenger, Charger, Camaro have that nice squarish, angled classic appearance. Its what differentiates a Mustang from a Fusion or Altima.

The new options and improvements are a welcome addition..but after I saw the new Altima like front end, I ran out and bought a new 2013 GT and will happily live with the 1 piece axle. I have a sneaky feeling, the old body shape will come back in a couple of years...if not my next Mustang will be a 70s restoration or a new challenger! Buyers get ready to hear... "what is that?"

What rap/hip hop crap has done to Rock, Europe is doing to our American cars!
WileECoyoteGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 03:47 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clink View Post
Don't like the front end? Check these out and you will

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/show...kely-1700.html

Thats a really nice BMW!

If you look close enough, you can see the driver...she has a Pomeranian in her Gucci purse.
Old 07-05-2014, 06:15 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks for your opinion, first person I've heard to say it looks like a BMW...or an Altima?
Old 07-05-2014, 06:23 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Oh and btw if you like the Camaro/Challenger/Charger so much go buy one...I hear they are pretty sweet have you seen the new hellcat?

I will enjoy the **** out of my new '15 Altima/Fusion/Euro hybrid. Might just go buy a ****zu so I can fit that niche you painted us all into.
Old 07-05-2014, 06:40 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
^2015 Charger vs Mustang for me. Just waiting for them to hit the dealer for a test drive. Hopefully the Mustang drives like I imagine it will
clflorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 07:52 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Oh and btw if you like the Camaro/Challenger/Charger so much go buy one...I hear they are pretty sweet have you seen the new hellcat?

I will enjoy the **** out of my new '15 Altima/Fusion/Euro hybrid. Might just go buy a ****zu so I can fit that niche you painted us all into.

I bought a 2013 GT instead...the one that still looks like a real Amer muscle car. The mustang went through an ugly stage from 80-93...hopefully this will pass in time as well.

People either love it or hate it, companies always feel the need to change a successful product for the sake of change. I almost laughed out loud when I heard of the 4 cyl turbo mustang (doesnt that just ooze muscle car....) My wifes MINI has the same engine...minus the Pomeranian.
Old 07-05-2014, 08:04 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

The MINI has a turbo 4 banger that makes 300+ HP... when did that happen!!!
Old 07-06-2014, 12:04 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
The MINI has a turbo 4 banger that makes 300+ HP... when did that happen!!!
She has a turbo 4 banger with 205 horsepower that can take any stock mustang V6 (sadly) off the line with ease (1/4 mile is even close) - probably the 2015 4cyl version as well. Its the reason I traded mine in and bought the performance package GT! MINI John Cooper S's are faster than they appear.

Stock mustangs are laggy off the line and scream the need for a tune and CAI. Ive stuck a couple of 0-60s at 4 since.

I know Ford is trying to comply with gas mileage mandates with this silly 4cyl option, but seriously, who buys a muscle car for MPG? If you want gas mileage, buy a prius!
Old 07-06-2014, 06:17 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

So a Mini is OK to drive, with or without a Pomeranian, but a turbo 4 Mustang is not?

You've brought up a BMW, Mini, and a Prius in your analogies, and from the sound of it you've done some real exhaustive work and testing in your acceleration theories.

Your '13 5.0 is not the end of the Mustang as we know it, according to you. I have one right now too and love it.

Oh I forgot the Altima comparison earlier too...
Old 07-07-2014, 02:44 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
So a Mini is OK to drive, with or without a Pomeranian, but a turbo 4 Mustang is not?

You've brought up a BMW, Mini, and a Prius in your analogies, and from the sound of it you've done some real exhaustive work and testing in your acceleration theories.

Your '13 5.0 is not the end of the Mustang as we know it, according to you. I have one right now too and love it.

Oh I forgot the Altima comparison earlier too...

So why buy a 2015 then??

and yes, Ive driven a Prius, BMW (family) and personally owned several Altimas. Cookie cutter got boring, so bought a 2013 GT (Always buy a year old car, better to let some other sucker take the depreciation hit and get it 4-6K cheaper). Last thing I want is to blend in with traffic.

Put it this way, the 2015 mustang is now closer to looking like every other coupe on the road. Ive seen it in person and until you walk around the backside, you'd think it was a Japanese car. Mark my words, this look wont last past 2017.

Ford will probably do well with it in Europe, which is what really matters. <cough>
Old 07-07-2014, 03:32 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
Quote:
Originally Posted by WileECoyoteGT View Post
So why buy a 2015 then??

and yes, Ive driven a Prius, BMW (family) and personally owned several Altimas. Cookie cutter got boring, so bought a 2013 GT (Always buy a year old car, better to let some other sucker take the depreciation hit and get it 4-6K cheaper). Last thing I want is to blend in with traffic.

Put it this way, the 2015 mustang is now closer to looking like every other coupe on the road. Ive seen it in person and until you walk around the backside, you'd think it was a Japanese car. Mark my words, this look wont last past 2017.

Ford will probably do well with it in Europe, which is what really matters. <cough>
This is true, I think they are aiming more at Europe with this new body style. I personally don't like it but I have really never liked any car that changed in the beginning and then they grow on me. Remember the 2.3 turbo in the early 80's? I drove one and it was no where close to the 302, but they were both called a gt. I personally would not get a 4cyl turbo mustang, or a v6 for that matter even though the v6 is a great car. But, personally, if I am going to get a muscle car, its going to be a v8.
Old 07-07-2014, 08:00 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green5.0 View Post
This is true, I think they are aiming more at Europe with this new body style. I personally don't like it but I have really never liked any car that changed in the beginning and then they grow on me. Remember the 2.3 turbo in the early 80's? I drove one and it was no where close to the 302, but they were both called a gt. I personally would not get a 4cyl turbo mustang, or a v6 for that matter even though the v6 is a great car. But, personally, if I am going to get a muscle car, its going to be a v8.

Amen to that!
Old 07-15-2014, 08:19 AM   #25
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
IMO, I'll have to wait and see for a year or two as to what the heck the aftermarket is doing, how well these things perform, how well the IRS holds up etc... It'll be around when the 2017s are being released that I will be to the point financially where I would be comfortable with a new car payment (debts and other cars will be paid off). At that point there will still be plenty of cherry garage kept 11-14s out there to choose from vs a new S550. Who knows, it may grow on me but it will have to REALLY grow on me honestly.

I will also probably look at the Camaro and the Challenger too if I am looking at new Coyote prices.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 09:13 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
I am done arguing about the 2015 Mustang here. Lol It never gets anywhere and even self apparent facts are overlooked because some people think Ford took a steaming s**t on 'Murica when they designed this new car.
2014 V6 Base Coupe, Sterling Gray Metallic///3.31 Gears///FP6 Appearance Package///Tech. Package///Reverse Sensing and Security Package///Mods: Boss 302 grille, MMD Ducktail Spoiler, Weathertech Floor Mats, Bassani Axle-Back Exhaust
SixBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 11:42 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Even if you prefer the 2013-14 body over the new S550. It's still better than a Camaro or Challenger and faster.

Chevy runs deep, don't step in Chevy.

289 - Holley 4150 570cfm; Performer intake; mild cam; MSD HEI; 302 heads; Roller Tips; Hedman Tri-Y headers; H-pipe w/Flowmaster 40's; 9 in posi 3.50; 205/50-17F; 225/50-17R.
Aggiesrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 01:46 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah.. I have been excited for your thinking that the 15+ was going to be my present for graduating college. I was pretty disappointed with it. I'll prolly look for a 13-14 coyote now when I graduate. It will take a lot of growing on me also before I would even consider buying one. Meh.

Yes I edit my posts a lot, auto correct likes to sabotage me!

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
1999 35th Anniversary V6(SOLD)
V6 stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 03:52 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

The new Challenger 2015 Hellcat just became a GT500 killer and it comes in an automatic! - think Im in love. Now if I could only find 60k laying around...

2015 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat | driveSRT

I'll probably just supercharge the 2013 GT when the warrantee runs out. 600HP aint bad.
Old 07-18-2014, 04:18 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
The new Challenger 2015 Hellcat just became a GT500 killer and it comes in an automatic! - think Im in love. Now if I could only find 60k laying around...

I'll probably just supercharge the 2013 GT when the warrantee runs out. 600HP aint bad.

I heard tht thing weighs like 1k more than a gt500 lol. Not in it's league

Yes I edit my posts a lot, auto correct likes to sabotage me!

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
1999 35th Anniversary V6(SOLD)
V6 stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 04:49 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

It will give a GT500 a good run in the 1/4 mile until it has to slow down or turn. I like the hellcat don't get me wrong but it's no GT500 "killer".
Old 07-18-2014, 08:53 PM   #32
Staff
Regular
Staff

That has an available auto though, which is going to be a glorious thing for ppl who just want pure straight line performance. Also, it appears you can tweak shift points, shift speed, launch control etc... right from the touchscreen. Auto at 700hp will kick the **** out of a stick in the 1/4 at those levels, not even close.

Hellcat also is sex on wheels. The new "Fustang" is not...

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 07-19-2014, 07:48 AM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
2015 opinion

Yeah but the hellcat is still a pig. It's great for going straight until you have to turn. It's an antiquated dinosaur. Like it or hate it the new mustang has officially become a sports car .
Rich7072 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 01:24 PM   #34
Staff
Regular
Staff

So what if it's great for going straight until you have to turn? You can either have something that is great in a straight line or great around corners or mediocre at both. Pick your poison. I'd take a Hellcat with the 8 speed auto all day if I was going to go for a 1/4 mile car over the GT500. If I was looking at something in this price point to go around corners, I'd have my eyes set on a Vette before anything from Ford/Chrysler anyway.

Old 07-19-2014, 01:34 PM   #35
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
So what if it's great for going straight until you have to turn? You can either have something that is great in a straight line or great around corners or mediocre at both. Pick your poison. I'd take a Hellcat with the 8 speed auto all day if I was going to go for a 1/4 mile car over the GT500. If I was looking at something in this price point to go around corners, I'd have my eyes set on a Vette before anything from Ford/Chrysler anyway.

You can have plenty of cars that are fast in a straight line and corners. Usually a bit more expensive though.

Bullitts are better than Bullets

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT