The 15's numbers are in... - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-19-2014, 09:35 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
The 15's numbers are in...

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrMaster View Post
He told you it was bone stock? If I told you there really is a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow would you believe me?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Maybe the track is on a steeply downhill slope...

Or maybe its like

When I was 10 I had a Gobot toy that transformed into an 18 wheeler. My cousin saw it and he exclaimed cool you got Optimus! He was 16 at the time.

I love Transformers. But try as I can I couldn't convince him it wasn't a Transformer and just a lowly Gobot.

Maybe here's a case where the guy tells paradone its NOT bone stock and he just won't accept that its not bone stock. Lol

If these stock mustangs are doing it all the time then where's all the YouTube videos?
DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2014, 11:16 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
LOL Well this was fun just didn't get the rise I wanted out of someone..... maybe next time they will bite. Disappointed
Paradone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 11:33 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradone View Post
LOL Well this was fun just didn't get the rise I wanted out of someone..... maybe next time they will bite. Disappointed
DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2014, 12:04 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrMaster View Post
That's believable. Nice times for the mods.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
It was good luck...preceded by about 100 passes of hard working at it. I find that is generally how things work.

2012 Premium GT, Candy Red, Brembo package, 3.73, MT82, Comfort, Tech, et al. Procal tune, Roush UCA, UMI poly LCA, GT500s, Steeda red bracket, Hoosier 28x10x16 bias drags. Best e/t 11.91 at 115.23 RIP
5LHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 12:14 PM   #40
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
I'd love to tear up a track with the new '15. Better chassis, has IRS, better weight balanced.

Now once they decide to take that IRS out and go with a Push Rod rear suspension and an SLA set up in the front I will have to buy myself one right then and there.

Bullitts are better than Bullets

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 12:22 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Glad I bought my 2014 in May instead of waiting for the 2015. I would have been sorely disappointed. We'll probably end up with the 2015 being like the 2010, where the 2016 gets a big boost like the 2011 did.
ninerone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 01:31 PM   #42
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninerone View Post
Glad I bought my 2014 in May instead of waiting for the 2015. I would have been sorely disappointed. We'll probably end up with the 2015 being like the 2010, where the 2016 gets a big boost like the 2011 did.

They kept the same engine and made it a bit better, it's not like they made a whole new engine. The 5.0 is on it's 5th year now, no point in changing it drastically.

Bullitts are better than Bullets

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 04:13 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Only downside to the new 5.0 is the headers/manifolds and cats are all one piece.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 05:14 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

It's a bit of a reach for them to find 100+ horses out of the same essential engine they used this year. That was possible in 2010 because the 4.6 was so outdated by that point that overreaching that mark by a lot wasn't going to be difficult using a ground-up design.

The car is close to the limit of what's going to be possible using port injection and meeting fuel economy and emissions regs. Any significant gain here will mean the jump to DI, in my opinion.

2012 Premium GT, Candy Red, Brembo package, 3.73, MT82, Comfort, Tech, et al. Procal tune, Roush UCA, UMI poly LCA, GT500s, Steeda red bracket, Hoosier 28x10x16 bias drags. Best e/t 11.91 at 115.23 RIP
Old 07-19-2014, 08:59 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Interesting question then;

If they do push direct injection in another model year or two, how much work would it be to use that technology and convert our port injection 5.0s to direct injection also? New heads/injectors/fuel rail/tune/etc?
Marcie; Black 2013 GT. MT82, .373, track + brembo, JLT CF CAI, Boss Manifold, MGW StS, Blowfish Trans Bracket & Driveshaft Loop, Whiteline trans bushing, RP motor & tranny oils, Flowmaster Outlaws, BMR UCA w/ mount, LCA w/ relo brackets, panhard, SR springs, KONI oranges, J&M CC plates, staggered leguna secas, MT street comps
***A good driver is the best method to get more performance out of any car. ***
AXLEBACKS THREADS =
Rynarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 09:28 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Massive work. The casting bungs are there for the injectors bc the motor was designed to be di from the get go. The biggest problem is rigging up an appropriately huge mechanical fuel pump to feed a 5.0 engine. I'd say dead head pressures in the 1000+ pounds range would be required. Then there's all the di specific tuning which doesn't work like port injection tuning at all.

Old 07-20-2014, 12:01 AM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
That IRS will get ripped out for a solid axle just like any other high hp car by the drag racers. LoL

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
"I'm not new to driving. I've been doing it for a couple of years now." - Aphex
Compstall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 12:22 AM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
If you get the turbo, is there anything else you can do, besides a putting a 2nd turbo on it? At least with the v6, you can still add some horsepower.

Am I right in my assumption?
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 12:31 AM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

So wrong...The ecoboost 4 starts off better than the v6 and has as much or more potential, easily.

Old 07-20-2014, 01:00 AM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
With the turbo, you have the ability to crank up the boost a bit via a boost controller. Drop the compression, up the boost, go water/meth injection, upgrade the intercooler, upgrade to a larger turbo, etc etc etc. I'd say it is probably a damn sight easier to mod than the v6 will be as the hard work of making the engine boost ready is already done.

Depends on how much room there is to safely increase boost...if they are already getting close to the upper 'safe' limit, then there will be more work involved with getting it set up for higher levels of power.

Turbo cars are damn fun. Had myself an '03 SRT4 that I modded to hell and back before I got the 5.0.
Marcie; Black 2013 GT. MT82, .373, track + brembo, JLT CF CAI, Boss Manifold, MGW StS, Blowfish Trans Bracket & Driveshaft Loop, Whiteline trans bushing, RP motor & tranny oils, Flowmaster Outlaws, BMR UCA w/ mount, LCA w/ relo brackets, panhard, SR springs, KONI oranges, J&M CC plates, staggered leguna secas, MT street comps
***A good driver is the best method to get more performance out of any car. ***
AXLEBACKS THREADS =
Rynarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 08:51 AM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

The only thing my GTCS has on the 15' is it looks more retro... besides that the 15' completely sh1ts on it in the looks departure. The 15' looks freaking bad *** and when one drives next to you one day or parks next to yours at a mustang group heads will be turning. The past is great but it's laughable how people try so hard to keep things the same forever. The car has a better suspension wider frame so the power will be better on the pavement. Until SAT sees what the new Challenger and Camero are doing they will keep the performance numbers close to the previous coyote. The 16 and 17 is where we see bigger numbers... my best guess anyway. Even still the 15 is amazimg.

Marty5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 08:53 AM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

SVT**** I hate the auto correct!!!

Marty5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 08:54 AM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

My last was a di car, a mazdaspeed 3 modded to 300 at the tire. It tried to kill me every day.

There looks to be lots of room in the eco, forged rotating bits, relatively low static compression. The only thing I don't like is the integrated exhaust mani, which will be tough to port and limit turbo choices.

Old 07-20-2014, 08:54 AM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasStang77 View Post
Gladiatoro suck it!!! Mr. "2015 GT will have 475hp and 5,000,000tq"

Told you first year would be 430-435hp.
Once direct injected 475+ Hp out of the 5.0 is a very likely number , I think Ford is waiting for the new Camaro to be released before they bump up the power as the new Camaro will be lighter with the new platform and likely run the LT1 which is currently making 460 Hp / 465 lb / ft in the vette and yes it is DI of course as well.
gladiatoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 12:24 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty5.0 View Post
The only thing my GTCS has on the 15' is it looks more retro... besides that the 15' completely sh1ts on it in the looks departure. The 15' looks freaking bad *** and when one drives next to you one day or parks next to yours at a mustang group heads will be turning. The past is great but it's laughable how people try so hard to keep things the same forever. The car has a better suspension wider frame so the power will be better on the pavement. Until SAT sees what the new Challenger and Camero are doing they will keep the performance numbers close to the previous coyote. The 16 and 17 is where we see bigger numbers... my best guess anyway. Even still the 15 is amazimg.
+1
I hope no one really buys them & they go for cheap so I can get my hands on one! I'd LOVE one!
Old 07-20-2014, 12:57 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Two things: GM already has a car on the Alpha platform, the Cadillac ATS and it isn't showing a lot of weight loss so, I wouldn't bet on a too much lighter Camaro in the future.

DI doesn't magically add power in and of itself. It allows for more aggressive fuel and timing tuning, because there is no compensation required for fuel mixing with air outside the chamber, however slight that is with an injector at the intake valve. The timing curve can be pushed harder b/c there is direct charge cooling in the cylinder and fuel is only injected right at the moment of combustion, preventing detonation. DI is a stratified charge engine with a rich spot in the burn to light it off and lean for power across the flame front. This is part of why it's so hard to tune it. It requires completely different thinking in tuning to port injected applications.

Old 07-21-2014, 02:14 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5LHO View Post
Two things: GM already has a car on the Alpha platform, the Cadillac ATS and it isn't showing a lot of weight loss so, I wouldn't bet on a too much lighter Camaro in the future.

DI doesn't magically add power in and of itself. It allows for more aggressive fuel and timing tuning, because there is no compensation required for fuel mixing with air outside the chamber, however slight that is with an injector at the intake valve. The timing curve can be pushed harder b/c there is direct charge cooling in the cylinder and fuel is only injected right at the moment of combustion, preventing detonation. DI is a stratified charge engine with a rich spot in the burn to light it off and lean for power across the flame front. This is part of why it's so hard to tune it. It requires completely different thinking in tuning to port injected applications.
Sure Gm has a car on the Alpha platform the Cadillac , yes it is a luxury car
so of course it would be a bit heavier , better insulation , more air bags etc..
the Camaro will be lighter on the Alpha platform there is no doubt it's not
in the luxury segment , lighter than the S550 YES me thinks so.

DI = more Hp / better fuel economy plain and simple . The new LT1 engine in the vette is proof of that.
gladiatoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 02:39 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladiatoro View Post
Sure Gm has a car on the Alpha platform the Cadillac , yes it is a luxury car
so of course it would be a bit heavier , better insulation , more air bags etc..
the Camaro will be lighter on the Alpha platform there is no doubt it's not
in the luxury segment , lighter than the S550 YES me thinks so.

DI = more Hp / better fuel economy plain and simple . The new LT1 engine in the vette is proof of that.
Your record on predictions isn't so good. There is virtually no chance the Alpha Camaro will be a lighter than the S550, once you lengthen the WB to CTS-size like they say they will, slap a big V8 underhood, big brakes, suspension and wheels all 'round. It's still going to be a big car and the number of airbags pretty much matches.

DI can be better for power and economy, as long as it set up correctly. It's just costly on a per unit engine basis, due to fuel system complexity and the need for ultra-durable components. DI added about $200 bucks per engine on the Coyote and since the engine was meeting targets with PI, it was dropped for the introduction.

Old 07-21-2014, 02:51 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

I wish he would get off the weight, subject it's invalid. His little 3v will need 100 hp more than the Challenger promise

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 09:26 AM   #60
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
Bench racing on a yet to be released car...always a winning topic.
Old 07-22-2014, 11:40 AM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
They should go back to GM's Crossfire technology in the early 80's. It was an awesome system.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
"I'm not new to driving. I've been doing it for a couple of years now." - Aphex
Compstall is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT