Seriously considering a 5.0 just have a few questions - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-27-2014, 01:58 PM   #71
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brockman66 View Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

You can get a Base LT1 for low $50s but as soon as you add on that Z51 package (and you better) it bumps it up over $60 even for an LT1. What's really funny is that the New Z06 base (~$73k) is going to be less than a fully loaded LT4 Z51 (~$80k).

?? Z06 base is $79k. Have fun trying to get a base without ordering one. If I was a dealer I'd only be ordering Z07 packages for many months and I guarantee you I'd sell them sight-unseen.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Repth is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2014, 02:00 PM   #72
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repth View Post
?? Z06 base is $79k. Have fun trying to get a base without ordering one. If I was a dealer I'd only be ordering Z07 packages for many months and I guarantee you I'd sell them sight-unseen.

I can guarantee you would as well, but the first model year of the Z06 is not the one to go after if you're looking for a screaming good deal. There will be wait lists of people more than happy to shell out sticker price.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
2011 V6 Race Red - Airaid CAI , BBK 73mm Throttle Body, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BBK Longtube Headers , BBK Off Road X-Pipe , Borla ATAKs , SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, MPT 91R Tune, Powerstop Rotors and pads, JLT Oil Seperator, Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks, Eibach Pro Line Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Mickey Thompson Street Comps on 19" Laguna Seca Hyper Black Wheels, Several other aesthetic mods
JoeyM91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 02:06 PM   #73
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyM91 View Post
I can guarantee you would as well, but the first model year of the Z06 is not the one to go after if you're looking for a screaming good deal. There will be wait lists of people more than happy to shell out sticker price.

And if I physically had the money for that, the car would be worth every dollar. But I agree, if you want the best deal on a Vette, wait two years.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2014, 03:00 PM   #74
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Like to know how some of you guys have all these frail drive trains? My 11 gt 5.0 premium has just over 32k now, I daily drive it. It has zero squeaks, rattles or whatever else ppl are whining about. Mines the a6 so I don't have the issues with the clutch pedal either. You want to complain about a sh*tty drive train try owning a ls1 f-body. Rear end is made of glass and good luck getting more then 60k out of the auto with spirited driving. And the manuals have that clutch stuck to the floor problem horribly. Used to drive me nuts. And whoever said there giving them away or there inexpensive....? My sticker price was just over 40k....not cheap for a Mustang. I remember when a brand new camaro SS or Trans am ws6 was $32k. Maybe it depends on your geographical location but they definitely aren't giving them away where I'm at. You'd be hard pressed to pick up a 11 or newer gt for a penny under 22 grand with some miles on it. So far very satisfied with my 2011 premium a6!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 08-27-2014, 03:05 PM   #75
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrMaster View Post
Like to know how some of you guys have all these frail drive trains? My 11 gt 5.0 premium has just over 32k now, I daily drive it. It has zero squeaks, rattles or whatever else ppl are whining about. Mines the a6 so I don't have the issues with the clutch pedal either. You want to complain about a sh*tty drive train try owning a ls1 f-body. Rear end is made of glass and good luck getting more then 60k out of the auto with spirited driving. And the manuals have that clutch stuck to the floor problem horribly. Used to drive me nuts. And whoever said there giving them away or there inexpensive....? My sticker price was just over 40k....not cheap for a Mustang. I remember when a brand new camaro SS or Trans am ws6 was $32k. Maybe it depends on your geographical location but they definitely aren't giving them away where I'm at. You'd be hard pressed to pick up a 11 or newer gt for a penny under 22 grand with some miles on it. So far very satisfied with my 2011 premium a6!

You can buy a brand new GT base for $25k flat anywhere in the country. My sticker was also over $40k but I only paid $34k for the car. The WS6 is, what, 13 years old? All those years ago it cost over $30k. Now you can get a brand new coyote for $25k. Yeah, they're pretty freakin' cheap.

Also no kidding about the 10 bolts being made of glass. It's only a matter of when, not if, they let go. The 12 bolts are better but so much more expensive. A friend of mine runs a Ford 9" rear end in his 650 rwhp Trans Am, if that says anything..

Old 08-27-2014, 03:34 PM   #76
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
You can buy a brand new GT base for $25k flat anywhere in the country. My sticker was also over $40k but I only paid $34k for the car. The WS6 is, what, 13 years old? All those years ago it cost over $30k. Now you can get a brand new coyote for $25k. Yeah, they're pretty freakin' cheap.

Also no kidding about the 10 bolts being made of glass. It's only a matter of when, not if, they let go. The 12 bolts are better but so much more expensive. A friend of mine runs a Ford 9" rear end in his 650 rwhp Trans Am, if that says anything..

Same thing on my buddies nova. Chevy 383 stroker with a ford 9"

2014oxstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 03:59 PM   #77
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I have 4 Ford dealers near me. Not one has had a 2014 gt for less then 35,999. Only left over brand new 2014 left is a v6 premium and there asking 34995 and I was informed that was the Internet special price not much room. As a friend was looking at it. Last 5.0 they had as we been keeping an eye out for one for him was a mint used 13 with 8k miles. Sold last month for 33k. They wouldn't budge on the price. I don't see where anyone is getting a brand new gt for 25 grand out the door. Ain't happening around here! And yeah the 12 bolt and 9" were never cheap upgrades.... Don't remind me lol

Old 08-27-2014, 04:07 PM   #78
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I have 4 Ford dealers near me. Not one has had a 2014 gt for less then 35,999. Only left over brand new 2014 left is a v6 premium and there asking 34995 and I was informed that was the Internet special price not much room. As a friend was looking at it. Last 5.0 they had as we been keeping an eye out for one for him was a mint used 13 with 8k miles. Sold last month for 33k. They wouldn't budge on the price. I don't see where anyone is getting a brand new gt for 25 grand out the door. Ain't happening around here! And yeah the 12 bolt and 9" were never cheap upgrades.... Don't remind me lol

This is the dealer I bought my car from. Anyone can go in there and buy a car from this with no questions. This is the price you start negotiating down from.

http://www.joemyersford.com/all-inve...model=Mustang&

If you remove the reverse sensing package and the auto trans, the first car on the list is under $26k. Yeah, I know you can't actually go remove that stuff from the car, but it's a good metric for figuring out market value. You can't tell me anything like oh they won't give you that price because I actually purchased my $41k GT Premium Track Pack with Recaros from them for $33.5k, and I got above market value for my trade-in...

Old 08-27-2014, 04:23 PM   #79
Registered Member
Regular

When dealers won't deal, you find another one.

2011 V6 Race Red - Airaid CAI , BBK 73mm Throttle Body, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BBK Longtube Headers , BBK Off Road X-Pipe , Borla ATAKs , SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, MPT 91R Tune, Powerstop Rotors and pads, JLT Oil Seperator, Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks, Eibach Pro Line Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Mickey Thompson Street Comps on 19" Laguna Seca Hyper Black Wheels, Several other aesthetic mods
Old 08-27-2014, 04:24 PM   #80
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Real simple. Find the dealers' that want to discount, rebate, and give up their holdback. Blah...Blah...Blah...
Old 08-27-2014, 04:50 PM   #81
Registered Member
Regular

Must not be the case around here. Believe me a few of us have tried. Probably depends on demand as well, as these same cars are always sold within weeks. Chicagoland area, lots of dumb sheeple will walk in and give the dealer whatever they want. Get a grand off and think they got a deal.

Old 08-27-2014, 04:53 PM   #82
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
This is the dealer I bought my car from. Anyone can go in there and buy a car from this with no questions. This is the price you start negotiating down from.

http://www.joemyersford.com/all-inve...model=Mustang&

If you remove the reverse sensing package and the auto trans, the first car on the list is under $26k. Yeah, I know you can't actually go remove that stuff from the car, but it's a good metric for figuring out market value. You can't tell me anything like oh they won't give you that price because I actually purchased my $41k GT Premium Track Pack with Recaros from them for $33.5k, and I got above market value for my trade-in...

Very nice. Lot better deals then around by me. Personally I couldn't buy one without leather or the premium package though. Just my preference though. I like all the extras =)

Old 08-28-2014, 02:59 AM   #83
Registered Member
Regular

I got my '14 GT Premium 401A package with $5000 straight off the top. $750 loyalty, and another $2500 via AQHA discount. After was all said and done was a little bit over 27k. I think I stole it. I was very proud. Plenty left over for nods and I own it.
Old 08-28-2014, 05:36 AM   #84
OX1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Very nice. Lot better deals then around by me. Personally I couldn't buy one without leather or the premium package though. Just my preference though. I like all the extras =)

So drive a bit (hell, take a flight if you have to). Got such a good deal on my 14 V6 last year from Va (Koons), I traded it for only 1000 less than I paid. Prices on GT's were just too good to pass up, went to Md this time to get the exact car I wanted (and by far the best trade in price). I always tried to buy local in the past, but when you are saving over $2000 (or over 3 grand in the case of the V6) vs local dealers for a 3 hour drive, that wins every time.
Old 08-28-2014, 07:22 AM   #85
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by OX1 View Post
So drive a bit (hell, take a flight if you have to). Got such a good deal on my 14 V6 last year from Va (Koons), I traded it for only 1000 less than I paid. Prices on GT's were just too good to pass up, went to Md this time to get the exact car I wanted (and by far the best trade in price). I always tried to buy local in the past, but when you are saving over $2000 (or over 3 grand in the case of the V6) vs local dealers for a 3 hour drive, that wins every time.

Oh good lord, people consider a 3 hour drive a big deal? I guess that's what I get for living in Texas. 5 hours only gets me halfway across the state... There are probably 2 dozen Ford dealers in Houston alone, and then of course there's San Antonio, Austin, and Dallas/Fort Worth all within 5 hours.

Old 08-28-2014, 12:04 PM   #86
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Drove 3 hrs away for mine. Would have driven further if I needed to. Right now is an odd time some dealers may be more hard to budge thinking people may still want this body style over the '15.

2014 5.OHHHHHH
Noodles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 07:08 AM   #87
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
Quote:

New 2014 Ford Mustang For Sale | Fairfax VA

New 2014 Ford Mustang For Sale | Fairfax VA

New 2014 Ford Mustang For Sale in MD | Stock 00142300

Minus freight and TTL.

I was at $27300 out the door, but that included $1200 negative equity on my trade. Price would have been $26,100 with $0 down.
605 RWHP on a safe tune
scott9050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 10:15 PM   #88
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Seriously considering a 5.0 just have a few questions

You should buy the mustang for the looks, it won't be as stable as your "vette". It took $2000 worth of Steeda parts to tighten up the back end of my 14 GT, but it's still a live axel with all the issues that they have. Also the clutch feels like crap and engages way too early for my taste. The driveline has plenty of slop as well, my 93 BMW with 150000 miles is way better even with the miles on it. After saying all that, I still love my Red Sonja and she has that certain "something"(5.0) that makes me forgive her few faults.
I would suggest you rent a V6 for a few days and drive the hell out of it to get a good idea if a Mustang is for you. If you like the V6 you'll love the GT.

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
Jd431x1f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 01:16 AM   #89
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I have owned a few Mustangs (currently 2014 GT Track Pack) and 1 Vette. Here's my thoughts on what your considering:

Mustang

The Bad

If you think your Vette is unstable at high speeds, try driving a stock Mustang GT lol. That made me laugh for a little while. Ford should be sued for the stock suspension set up. It is the perfect example of power without control. Body roll and weight transfer is absolutely horrible on these cars. You have to buy a Dodge to do worse.

The front end of the car goes into a nose dive, even during moderate braking. Any soda bottle, can of whatever, sun glasses, cell phone, etc, whatever happens to be in the passenger seat at the time, is launched into the front floorboard of the car the second you touch the brake pedal. The object the slides under the seat as the car settles back down. That should give you an idea of just how stable it is.

The rear of the car raises way up, transferring all of the weight to the front end, making it extremely hard to stop the car. You think you are trying to stop a 2 door sports coupe, when really it's more like stopping an off-road F-150.

If you daily drive one, don't get behind German or Japanese car, if they slam on their brakes for any reason, you will be rear-ending them. Those cars just seem to be able to stop looooong before a Mustang will. Even at what should be a safe following distance, Brembo Brakes, Track Pack setup. new HPS Tires, the car has issues stopping. It slides, skids for longer distances than it reasonably should.

Even my GF's base model, dirt cheap 13' VW Jetta seems to have muuuuuch better braking.

We won't even get into brake fade during track use.

Cornering at any sort of higher speed is no better. Unstable and unsafe, plain and simple. The center of gravity is just too high. The weight distribution is setup as if they have not heard of the subject before. Simple things, like including a spare tire and relocating the battery to the trunk would make a big difference.

This is a complaint Mustang Owners have made for the last few decades and Ford has just started to correct it with the 15 Mustang, which is supposed to be a much better car to drive, much better as a daily driver and around a track. The first thing I noticed at first glance of a 2015; it does not have that raised up rear end F-150 stance.

The factory transmission was also neglected and shifting feels very rough. That's if you can get it into gear, it tends to stop working at higher RPM's lol. Also laughed at that a little. Ford went cheap on the bracket and shifter, causing the tranny to operate like junk.

The Good

Having said that, have $2k ready to go from day one, to address both of those issues immediately. Once those 2 things are taken care of, the Mustang will give you an entirely different driving experience. It turns into a great car that you will love to drive, at least I have. It can be BOTH a comfortable daily driver AND weekend track car. Change the tune and adjust the shocks/struts and you're ready to go.

What I like most about the Mustang is that there are endless possibilities with how you want to customize it. The parts are fairly affordable. You can make it just about exactly how you want it.

The car comes from the factory fast. The 5.0 Coyote is an excellent engine. It seems to hold up to daily driving M-F and regular beatings on Saturday. Not to mention, the car itself is fairly affordable. It also sounds better than an LS Engine with aftermarket exhaust. You have to spend a small fortune before you get an LS to sound right.

On the other hand, a Vette is not a cheap car to buy or upgrade. It is def the better track car, but GM Performance Parts are way over priced for Corvettes. You can build up a better, faster mustang for much less than you would a vette.

The car is too small and uncomfortable to drive daily. Not to mention, it's a fiberglass death trap. Driving one through rush hour traffic makes me a little nervous.

Have you ever seen the crash test ratings on a Vette? (Not Good)

If you spend the $2k on your Vette, will it fix the stability issues?

Personally, I really like both cars. If you can go with both then do so. Use the Vette for auto x, Mustang for drag and dd. If you can have only one, I would go with the Mustang.

Red Stallion 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 10:24 PM   #90
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Utah
I just got my 2014 gtcs a few months ago

I love it
Get a glass roof
It's awesome

I also own a 04 gto That's a great car as well they both have their good points. I have no remorse over buying the gt

JHo
jho462 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 09:20 PM   #91
Registered Member
Regular

[QUOTE=Repth;2075074]You can buy a brand new GT base for $25k flat anywhere in the country.

You sir. Are an idiot or a liar. Or both really. I don't care what any website says. I live in Houston and I bought mine 3 months ago. I talked to every dealer in the area and even with them competing for it, no one would touch a penny less than $27,000 and that was WITH the $1000 military discount. I found all sorts of ads online and once you get to the actual dealer that ad **** goes straight out the window.

2014 5.0
6-speed
GT500 a/b
w/ res. delete
DWoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 10:30 PM   #92
Registered Member
Regular

[QUOTE=DWoody;2127928]
Quote:
You can buy a brand new GT base for $25k flat anywhere in the country.

You sir. Are an idiot or a liar. Or both really. I don't care what any website says. I live in Houston and I bought mine 3 months ago. I talked to every dealer in the area and even with them competing for it, no one would touch a penny less than $27,000 and that was WITH the $1000 military discount. I found all sorts of ads online and once you get to the actual dealer that ad **** goes straight out the window.

2014 5.0
6-speed
GT500 a/b
w/ res. delete
I would argue your haggling skills aren't up to par. If they advertise a price and they welch on that, leave. That's your biggest negotiation tool.

They will chase you. Especially with the 15s out, they want the 14s and older off the lot.

Old 11-21-2014, 08:21 AM   #93
Registered Member
Regular

I would argue your dealership knowledge isn't up to par. No Ford dealership is chasing anyone down to give them an awesome discount on a 2014 GT right now. The dealerships are not hurting nearly as bad as you think they are to get rid of their 2014s. They have no shortage of people buying them right now even with the 15s out.

2014 5.0
6-speed
GT500 a/b
w/ res. delete
Old 11-21-2014, 10:13 AM   #94
Registered Member
Regular

Here's 3 of them under 27k even one convertible. They are used though. Brand new you won't get for 25k. My point is only that they're not that expensive.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1416586360026.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	65.3 KB
ID:	170017   Click image for larger version

Name:	1416586372416.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	170018  

Click image for larger version

Name:	1416586393403.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	170019  
Old 11-21-2014, 10:42 AM   #95
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyM91 View Post
Here's 3 of them under 27k even one convertible. They are used though. Brand new you won't get for 25k. My point is only that they're not that expensive.

19k, 22k miles and the cars are a 2014. Oh, F that.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 03:32 PM   #96
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
I have a 2011 GT that just tripped 60,000 miles and I have never had any kind of issue using it as a daily driver. The engine runs smooth and the tranny is also smooth. The interior still looks new and it is by far the best car I have ever owned. I work in a garage and I have drove just about anything you can think of and I have been in cars much faster than mine but I just love the way the car feels. The new coyotes are just a pleasure to drive in my opinion.
2011BlackGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 05:01 PM   #97
Registered Member
Regular

Yea.. I was talking about a brand new 2014. That's what I got for $27,000. But that's ONLY because I took my time and let the dealerships go back and forth trying to beat each other for a sale. And they didn't care about the sale nearly as much as they did when I was selling cars.

2014 5.0
6-speed
GT500 a/b
w/ res. delete
Old 12-05-2014, 12:49 PM   #98
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Just wait for the 2016 to come out. It should have the aluminum chassis like the f-150 does.
superdrift is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT