2015 mustang ecoboost exhaust - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-30-2014, 09:12 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
2015 mustang ecoboost exhaust

Has its exhaust sound go thru speakers lol

Flowmaster force 2 exhaust, jlt cai, x4 bama tuner, carbon fiber dash overlay kit, modern retro shift knob, mmd hood and side scoops, classic quarter louvers, gt500 spoiler, 3.7 and pony emblems, mustang rocker stripes, eibach anti sway roll bar kit
Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
elkoritaNAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-30-2014, 09:52 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

yeah and i dont even hear the turbo sound, kinda wouldnt mind the weakexhaust note if it had a combined turbo sound.
deadpandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 09:55 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Have you guys heard one in person?
DiESeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-30-2014, 10:02 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

nope, just all the videos posted. if i have to have my head next to the engine bay to hear it, kinda defeats the purpose.
deadpandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 10:05 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadpandan View Post
yeah and i dont even hear the turbo sound, kinda wouldnt mind the weakexhaust note if it had a combined turbo sound.

No turbo cars come from the factory with a huge turbo sound. You generally have to open up the exhaust and intake some to hear it better.

StarzTA17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 11:07 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

you guys act like this is new stuff. its been on the bmw m5 when they switched from the v10 back to a twin turbo v8. its another way to make a car sound good to the driver. personally i prefer the quad exaust on the boss 302 and newer gt's.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
fordcrashdummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 11:28 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

I play the Knight Rider theme song on my sound system while I'm driving.

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
Midnight2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 08:45 AM   #8
Site Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarzTA17 View Post
No turbo cars come from the factory with a huge turbo sound. You generally have to open up the exhaust and intake some to hear it better.
OP-^^^This! This has been happening for quite some time now and these things are going to be pretty noisy with a Non-Resonated (They're likely going to call them Race Downpipes) Once those cats are off they're going to be pretty audible. Another thing that would increase the sound under the hood and outside of the car would be a Cold Air Intake-Either way, we're pretty excited to get our hands on ours, they're going to be making some ridiculous power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight2012 View Post
I play the Knight Rider theme song on my sound system while I'm driving.
..I knew I wasn't alone!
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 09:09 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
I don't really care if the exhaust sound is played through the speakers. I mean, really, does it matter? It'll probably sound good in the cabin too. I almost wish my exhaust played thru the speakers so I could hear it better with the windows up.
2014 V6 Base Coupe, Sterling Gray Metallic///3.31 Gears///FP6 Appearance Package///Tech. Package///Reverse Sensing and Security Package///Mods: Boss 302 grille, MMD Ducktail Spoiler, Weathertech Floor Mats, Bassani Axle-Back Exhaust
SixBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 09:53 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixBanger View Post
I don't really care if the exhaust sound is played through the speakers. I mean, really, does it matter? It'll probably sound good in the cabin too. I almost wish my exhaust played thru the speakers so I could hear it better with the windows up.

I think people are misunderstanding too. Some people make it sound like the car is going to have a fake exhaust sound which isn't the case. The speakers simple amplify the sound of the existing exhaust.

Although from researching this I found it funny that this feature is controlled through the factory radio head unit. So apparently if you change out the head unit the cars sound from inside the car will change since this sound enhancement feature will no longer work.

Old 10-01-2014, 10:40 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarzTA17 View Post
I think people are misunderstanding too. Some people make it sound like the car is going to have a fake exhaust sound which isn't the case. The speakers simple amplify the sound of the existing exhaust.

Although from researching this I found it funny that this feature is controlled through the factory radio head unit. So apparently if you change out the head unit the cars sound from inside the car will change since this sound enhancement feature will no longer work.

There's also a fuse you can pull to disable it.

I don't really see how this is any different from the current GT's sound tube. This is just more high tech.
2014 V6 Base Coupe, Sterling Gray Metallic///3.31 Gears///FP6 Appearance Package///Tech. Package///Reverse Sensing and Security Package///Mods: Boss 302 grille, MMD Ducktail Spoiler, Weathertech Floor Mats, Bassani Axle-Back Exhaust
Old 10-01-2014, 06:39 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixBanger View Post
There's also a fuse you can pull to disable it.

I don't really see how this is any different from the current GT's sound tube. This is just more high tech.
the current gt's sound is from the actually engine not an engine noise made by the speakers

fordcrashdummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 11:21 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Okay, I got to be honest here fellas but I have been hearing about this fake engine sound now for a bit and am completely confused on what the heck are people talking about. What's the issue here?

Now someone please correct me if I'm mistaken here but. Engine makes noise. Ford has figured out a way to play that engine noise over the cars radio speakers. So driver is hearing the cars engine being amplified through the speakers. Am I missing something here?

The Mustang Source Website is complete trash and the moderators are complete toolbags. TMS, Go F yourselves!
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 11:49 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Okay, I got to be honest here fellas but I have been hearing about this fake engine sound now for a bit and am completely confused on what the heck are people talking about. What's the issue here?

Now someone please correct me if I'm mistaken here but. Engine makes noise. Ford has figured out a way to play that engine noise over the cars radio speakers. So driver is hearing the cars engine being amplified through the speakers. Am I missing something here?
That's pretty much it.

Basically, the car knows that your in x gear, at x load and at x rpm. Then it plays a sound through the speakers as to what the Ford engineers want you to hear with artificial sound. Probably taking what little noise the engine produces, amplifying it and then adding some V8'ish sounds to it. Making it sound like a badass race car inside, when outside it sounds like any other little 4 cylinder car.

It's likely a tweaked version of this -

Here is what it actually sounds like inside the car -

It sounds unlike any inline 4 I have ever heard. Almost reminds me of my old Subaru and it's boxer 4.
Old 10-02-2014, 12:49 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish416 View Post
That's pretty much it.

Basically, the car knows that your in x gear, at x load and at x rpm. Then it plays a sound through the speakers as to what the Ford engineers want you to hear with artificial sound. Probably taking what little noise the engine produces, amplifying it and then adding some V8'ish sounds to it. Making it sound like a badass race car inside, when outside it sounds like any other little 4 cylinder car.

It sounds unlike any inline 4 I have ever heard. Almost reminds me of my old Subaru and it's boxer 4.
I don't think that is correct. It is meant to amplify the sound of the existing engine (similar concept to the GT sound tube) not create a fake engine noise.

You have to remember just like with any engine displacement matters. A 2.3 liter 4 cylinder is a big 4 cylinder engine. So its going to sound much deeper then a Honda or other imports with 1.5-2.0 liter engines especially with the addition of a turbo and how Ford set up the exhaust.

If you search you tube for a Nissan SER Spec V sound clip and compare it to a Civic you will instantly notice a difference as the Nissan will sound much deeper then the honda since it has a 2.5 L 4 cylinder opposed to the hondas 1.5-2.0 L.
Old 10-02-2014, 06:09 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordcrashdummy View Post
the current gt's sound is from the actually engine not an engine noise made by the speakers

But the sound will be real sound from the engine...played through the speakers (like a microphone). The only difference here is that the sound tube does it mechanically and the speakers will do it electronically.
Old 10-02-2014, 07:42 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
In the video I posted, they mention that it "enhances the sound of your engine".

Watch this video-

The EB car sounds louder inside than the 5.0 and the exhaust note in no way sounds anything like what that car sounds like from the interior.

As for the size of the engine, I am well aware it's a 2.3L. It also has a turbo, therefore, the exhaust note will be quieter than if it were NA, as the turbo acts likes a muffler.

Just listen to what the car sounds like on the inside and the outside. You could also listen to a Mazdaspeed 3, which also has a 2.3L turbo or, an SRT4 Neon, which is IMO one of the best sound inline 4's ever, it's also a 2.4L. Neither of those cars sound anything like this Mustang. The only 4 cylinder car that makes those types of sounds are boxer engines. Inline 4's just do not produce that sound that you hear inside the car.
Old 10-02-2014, 08:52 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
2015 mustang ecoboost exhaust

So is this the future with small engines and electric cars? Only we have fake exhaust sounds on the inside and the outside broadcasting an exhaust sound.
If you want the deep rumble, you get the V8 and not a bunch of fake crap.

Chevy runs deep, don't step in Chevy.

289 - Holley 4150 570cfm; Performer intake; mild cam; MSD HEI; 302 heads; Roller Tips; Hedman Tri-Y headers; H-pipe w/Flowmaster 40's; 9 in posi 3.50; 205/50-17F; 225/50-17R.
Aggiesrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 09:55 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

I think Ford should pre record a soundtrack of the V8 engine and exhaust and then play that through the radio speakers of the 4 banger. Ha ha ha.

The Mustang Source Website is complete trash and the moderators are complete toolbags. TMS, Go F yourselves!
Old 10-02-2014, 07:03 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Kona wtf happened at TMS? Never go there....
Clink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 07:04 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clink View Post
That site is trash.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 07:15 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
That site is trash.
Would have been nice to know before hand. I signed up like a month or so ago, only logged on 2 or 3 times haven't gone back. I find ME to be better and feel more at "home"

You need to know the rules, to break the rules
Old 10-02-2014, 07:49 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic14 View Post
Would have been nice to know before hand. I signed up like a month or so ago, only logged on 2 or 3 times haven't gone back. I find ME to be better and feel more at "home"

You need to know the rules, to break the rules
Yeah, I only have like 60 posts in there in like half a year.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
Old 10-02-2014, 08:45 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Are you familiar with TMS?

Old 10-02-2014, 08:50 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
The moderators over at TMS allow members to belittle and attempt to bully other members and they do nothing about it. During one of the many 2015 threads, members were expressing there likes and dislikes with the new model. Apparently as long as one loved the 2015 and said it 100's of times, that group was happy.

If you were someone like me that exercised the right to voice just an opinion and my own opinion other than how amazing the 2015 model is, that caused some major butt hurt and the verbal attacks began. My dislike of the 2015 caused questions by other members directed to me and when answered, more verbal attacks by other members.

Instead of the moderator's jumping in the a$$es of those rude members who were verbally attacking me I was warned to knock it off or I would likely be given a break from the site. This warning was not done in a private message but out on the forum for all too see and yet the members who verbally attacked me were never given a warning but I was for expressing my opinion about the 2015 model.

Since I'm a slow learner and couldn't care all that much about some mustang forum that has many tool bag members, I decided to have some choice words with them. Needless to say I'm on a time out from TMS till December until they unsuspend my account which really brings a tear to my eye. Lmao. Once December rolls around and they unsuspended my account I'm only getting myself suspended right again when I tell them to go F themselves and their tool bags. Ha ha ha.

Old 10-02-2014, 08:53 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
The moderators over at TMS allow members to belittle and attempt to bully other members and they do nothing about it. During one of the many 2015 threads, members were expressing there likes and dislikes with the new model. Apparently as long as one loved the 2015 and said it 100's of times, that group was happy.

If you were someone like me that exercised the right to voice just an opinion and my own opinion other than how amazing the 2015 model is, that caused some major butt hurt and the verbal attacks began. My dislike of the 2015 caused questions by other members directed to me and when answered, more verbal attacks by other members.

Instead of the moderator's jumping in the a$$es of those rude members who were verbally attacking me I was warned to knock it off or I would likely be given a break from the site. This warning was not done in a private message but out on the forum for all too see and yet the members who verbally attacked me were never given a warning but I was for expressing my opinion about the 2015 model.

Since I'm a slow learner and couldn't care all that much about some mustang forum that has many tool bag members, I decided to have some choice words with them. Needless to say I'm on a time out from TMS till December until they unsuspend my account which really brings a tear to my eye. Lmao. Once December rolls around and they unsuspended my account I'm only getting myself suspended right again when I tell them to go F themselves and their tool bags. Ha ha ha.

You just gave me inspiration to do the same.
Old 10-02-2014, 09:15 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I see, I'm sure at this point it's well known you don't like the '15. If it's anything like this site you like to jump in every thread you can to knock the '15.

No big deal I don't get sore over it but I can imagine others do. Notice this site has one of the weakest '15 sections of any I've seen at least....
Clink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 09:22 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
You just gave me inspiration to do the same.
Ha ha ha.

Old 10-02-2014, 09:27 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I see, I'm sure at this point it's well known you don't like the '15. If it's anything like this site you like to jump in every thread you can to knock the '15.

No big deal I don't get sore over it but I can imagine others do. Notice this site has one of the weakest '15 sections of any I've seen at least....
Well, I do admit and am guilty of being a bit vocal on the 15 which I will work on being less of. Funny, there was quite a few members who were less than thrilled with the 2015 and speaking purely about it but whats funny is why those people get upset about it. Heck, those who like the 2015 over on that site most aren't even getting it. Ha ha ha.

Its like for those who like it, buy it. For those who don't like it, don't buy it. Lol.

Old 10-05-2014, 08:59 PM   #30

Tell us about the new four-cylinder Ecoboost engine

It’s been specifically designed and engineered for performance. There’s a twin-scroll turbo, a steel crank, more power and torque than the V6, and significantly improved economy.

The 3.7-litre V6 is essentially a carryover and in the US the Ecoboost will outsell the V6. Will the Ecoboost engine sound like it belongs in a Mustang?

With the Ecoboost engine we have both active noise cancellation, and we also amplify the existing engine sound order. We don’t create an artificial sound, we don’t pluck one off the shelf, we bring in the real sound, process it, and play it through the car’s speakers. Today’s V6 sounds fantastic, and although the Ecoboost won’t sound like a V8, it won’t sound like it doesn’t belong in a Mustang either.

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/News/Se...-2015-Mustang/

We've come along way from a model A
ecobeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 09:15 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Holy crap that seems stupid and annoying. Processing the sound of the engine and playing it through the speakers? Let it sound how it sounds, skip the B.S. What next, fake burnout sounds from speakers mounted above the rear wheels?
chitownpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 09:27 PM   #32

That is the the only real concern I have, i guess ill just pull that fuse. They have microphones in the car, that analysis unwanted engine sound in the car. The computer then creates a opposite sound wave to cancel the bad engine sound , and then amplifying the good waves. Its still the real motor your hearing ... Well part of it.

We've come along way from a model A
ecobeast is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT

Tags
2015 mustang, exhaust