2015 Mustang GT PP vs 2015 Camaro 1LE - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-15-2014, 02:36 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
2015 Mustang GT PP vs 2015 Camaro 1LE

It happened... Camaro 1LE vs Mustang GT PP.

On the Streets of Willow race track, the Mustang GT PP managed a 1:24.32, the Camaro 1LE pulled a victory with a 1:22.81.

Basically, the Camaro is a better drivers car and more fun to drive, despite being an older model with a bad interior, poor visibility and a 10 hp and 80 pound handicap. The Mustang is the nicer car. There really isn't much good that is said about the Mustang towards the end of the video.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-15-2014, 02:38 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Chevy rules again. We had 11-14 fun why it lasted.
There is a reason why chevy has been on top since day 1

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 03:24 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Considering it's Motor Trend, they rarely say something good about the mustang, these guys are plain biased.

Unfortunately, like Rapinator said, Chevy was on top since day 1, Ford has some work to do. Let's see what changes come next year.
Advertisement

Old 10-15-2014, 03:29 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Yeah it's a brand new chassis, it'll take a year or two to get it tweaked just right. 2010 camaro sucked with it's first year on their new IRS

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
08Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 03:42 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

I would like to see ford keep up top, but I have a feeling chevy is going to take the crown again especially with the new Camaro coming out

Old 10-15-2014, 03:43 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

I think ford will definitely be contending as the newer models and refreshes come about. Keep in mind guys we don't even have a halo car yet

Old 10-15-2014, 03:47 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08Mustang View Post
I think ford will definitely be contending as the newer models and refreshes come about. Keep in mind guys we don't even have a halo car yet

If Ford wants to stay competitive, they will need to up the displacement. A 5.0 is a small V8.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 03:50 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic14 View Post
Considering it's Motor Trend, they rarely say something good about the mustang, these guys are plain biased.

Unfortunately, like Rapinator said, Chevy was on top since day 1, Ford has some work to do. Let's see what changes come next year.
Considering every magazine and website that has tested both cars all come to the same conclusion, I wouldn't call that biased.

The 1LE puts down better handling numbers and is 99% as fast as the new Mustang in a straight line. Also, the 1LE beat the Boss and 13/14 GT500 around the vast majority of racetracks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08Mustang View Post
Yeah it's a brand new chassis, it'll take a year or two to get it tweaked just right. 2010 camaro sucked with it's first year on their new IRS
The 5th gen Camaro has performed roughly the same from the day it hit the streets. The 2010 managed 0 - 60 in 4.8, 1/4 in 13.0 @ 111, pulled .92G and 60 - 0 in 107 feet. Add the 1LE package and it gets that much better without adding any power.

You have to remember, the Camaro was built on the Zeta platform. That is the same platform that most of the Holden performance cars have used since 2006. The Australians have had this platform dialed in. GM used their knowledge on those cars and simply made it work on the Camaro.

Ford simply released an underperforming car.
Old 10-15-2014, 05:22 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
The new Stang was targeted as a world car where people care less about track times. The camaro will never sell well overseas. I think I'll keep my 2013 and just make it into MY perfect car. You spend 5k on a 2 year old GT and it will smoke these 2 cars at the track

Rich7072 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 07:01 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich7072 View Post
The new Stang was targeted as a world car where people care less about track times. The camaro will never sell well overseas. I think I'll keep my 2013 and just make it into MY perfect car. You spend 5k on a 2 year old GT and it will smoke these 2 cars at the track

Why would the mustang sell well overseas? Idk how big Transformers is overseas but if its as big as it is here, Chevy could sell...but do they need to?...
clflorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 07:29 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:

From everything I've seen the rest of the world cares about track performance while the US still has a lot of emphasis on straight line. And lets not start the "You can add X dollars to a cheaper car and win". In that case you can buy a LS1 F body and put 5 grand into it and still be cheaper overall and faster then a 13 mustang with 5 k invested into it lol. Point that going back and forth never gets anywhere and this is a comparison on 2 NEW cars.
StarzTA17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 07:37 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarzTA17 View Post
From everything I've seen the rest of the world cares about track performance while the US still has a lot of emphasis on straight line. And lets not start the "You can add X dollars to a cheaper car and win". In that case you can buy a LS1 F body and put 5 grand into it and still be cheaper overall and faster then a 13 mustang with 5 k invested into it lol. Point that going back and forth never gets anywhere and this is a comparison on 2 NEW cars.

How in the world do you know what ford is striving for here? Are you on their marketing development team? They survived while GM is just another branch of the government. I could go into the logistics of why they softened/refined the car throughout but it would be pointless since you don't understand why they did it

Old 10-15-2014, 07:42 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

I also wouldn't take motor trends word for anything since they obviously dislike mustangs no matter how good the car is. I guarantee this new mustang will be on multiple award lists and will win most comparison test with the Camaro. I wouldn't take one video and give it the wait of GOD because they like the Camaro better. It's ridiculous and you people should be smarter than that.

Old 10-15-2014, 07:46 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I also wouldn't take motor trends word for anything since they obviously dislike mustangs no matter how good the car is. I guarantee this new mustang will be on multiple award lists and will win most comparison test with the Camaro. I wouldn't take one video and give it the wait of GOD because they like the Camaro better. It's ridiculous and you people should be smarter than that.

Yes but ford failed with the 15 and I guarantee you the new Camaro will beat the 15+ 5.0's, and wear the crown yet again. We had 11-14, **** even, The 03 cobra got stomped by the ls1 Fbody back then. Am.im talking real world, not stats

Old 10-15-2014, 07:49 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
Yes but ford failed with the 15 and I guarantee you the new Camaro will beat the 15+ 5.0's, and wear the crown yet again. We had 11-14, **** even, The 03 cobra got stomped by the ls1 Fbody back then. Am.im talking real world, not stats

Ford failed? No offense but that's a real stupid comment. The car hasn't even hit the dealerships yet. I am not a fan of the 2015 but at least give it chance.

Old 10-15-2014, 07:51 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Ford failed? No offense but that's a real stupid comment. The car hasn't even hit the dealerships yet. I am not a fan of the 2015 but at least give it chance.

Then why have people been able to buy them. They are at dealerships.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
Old 10-15-2014, 07:52 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

You have numerous comments stating how much better the Camaro is compared to the mustang. Why don't you just buy a Camaro? Not trying to be a jerk but just curious why you haven't pulled the trigger yet on a Camaro if you think it's so much better

Old 10-15-2014, 07:53 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

They have been at the dealerships and out on the road, ay least down south. Not sure where you are located but out here they are around. **** even little *** towns such as Victoria tx had a few at the dealership.

Old 10-15-2014, 07:53 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
Then why have people been able to buy them. They are at dealerships.

They JUST arrived where I lived this week. Maybe it's different where you live. I haven't seen one yet

Old 10-15-2014, 08:12 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
How in the world do you know what ford is striving for here? Are you on their marketing development team? They survived while GM is just another branch of the government. I could go into the logistics of why they softened/refined the car throughout but it would be pointless since you don't understand why they did it

I wasn't referring to ford but the world market. You said they wanted to cater to the world market. Well the rest of the world cares more about overall track performance opposed to straight line performance. Drag racing is big in the US but not so much the rest of the world.

And seriously this is strictly performance not politics or about the bailout. I love my mustang but facts are facts do a comparison year by year and the Camaro outperforms the Mustang more then not. Now if you get into sales numbers and other factors ford does better but going off of strictly performance GM has usually been ahead.

StarzTA17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 08:17 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
You have numerous comments stating how much better the Camaro is compared to the mustang. Why don't you just buy a Camaro? Not trying to be a jerk but just curious why you haven't pulled the trigger yet on a Camaro if you think it's so much better

I would but I have over $20,000 in stuff done to my coyote,

And I just state the truth, chevy has been on top since day 1. Besides 11-14

and I have always liked mustangs that's why I have had them
I have had a 02 gt
03 cobra
08 gt supercharged
And my 12 5.0

Also our 1400 hp fox body has a Chevy motor in it, so that should tell you something.

Old 10-15-2014, 08:19 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarzTA17 View Post
I wasn't referring to ford but the world market. You said they wanted to cater to the world market. Well the rest of the world cares more about overall track performance opposed to straight line performance. Drag racing is big in the US but not so much the rest of the world.

And seriously this is strictly performance not politics or about the bailout. I love my mustang but facts are facts do a comparison year by year and the Camaro outperforms the Mustang more then not. Now if you get into sales numbers and other factors ford does better but going off of strictly performance GM has usually been ahead.

I wasn't talking about drag racing. Would you agree the Camaro is a better track car than most audis and bmws in its price range? I would and they sell a heck of a lot better than any Chevy overseas. The new mustang is a nicer car than the Camaro regardless of how well the Camaro handles. It's a nicer cabin and is more refined but it may not be the track car the Camaro is. The new mustang is trying to be a bmw while the Camaro is trying to be a corvette alternative

Old 10-15-2014, 08:21 PM   #23
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Chevy puts more tech into the cars. If you compare the suspension of the Mustang to the Camaro the Mustang is actually pretty primitive. The magnetic ride control Chevy has is pretty nice.

Based on the Mustangs primitive suspension it actually keeps up fairly well. I think if Ford out something like the magnetic ride suspension in Mustangs it will be on top. As for power, it needs more displacement.

Bullitts are better than Bullets

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 08:23 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

* also I'm not a "mustang nutswinger" mustang owners are the worse at this also, not sure why but they are. Idc what it is if it's fast I like it, and let's face it mustang has been considered fast untill the coyotes hit the streets. It was the first time the LS guys were like " **** "

Old 10-15-2014, 08:25 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
* also I'm not a "mustang nutswinger" mustang owners are the worse at this also, not sure why but they are. Idc what it is if it's fast I like it, and let's face it mustang not has been considered fast untill the coyotes hit the streets. It was the first time the LS guys were like " **** "

I've noticed this too. It's ridiculous.
Old 10-15-2014, 08:29 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I wasn't talking about drag racing. Would you agree the Camaro is a better track car than most audis and bmws in its price range? I would and they sell a heck of a lot better than any Chevy overseas.

Audi and BMW are from Germany/overseas. Lol youre cracking me up bruh.
Old 10-15-2014, 08:31 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by clflorida View Post
Audi and BMW are from Germany/overseas. Lol youre cracking me up bruh.

And? The focus is one of the best selling cars in Europe. What's your point? Last I checked it was made by Ford. No?

Old 10-15-2014, 08:45 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
And? The focus is one of the best selling cars in Europe. What's your point? Last I checked it was made by Ford. No?

They sell better cause they are from Europe. That was the point. Dont expect cars to do better than/the same as cars at home. I think it wouldve been better not to continue this but I was like oh whale.
Old 10-15-2014, 08:57 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

How I see it is that Ford lied to the Mustang fan base and general car enthusiasts. They initially claimed the '15 would be lighter than the S197 by several hundred pounds and the GT would definitely out perform the Boss and that the current Camaro was never a benchmark because the '14's were better...

Breaking News: The 2015 Mustang to Lose Weight, Improve MPG | AmericanMuscle.com Mustang Blog

Ford PR: 2015 Mustang, Best Handling Ever, PP Consistently Beat Boss 302 at the Track | 2015+ Mustang (s550) Forum News Blog – Mustang6G | The Ultimate 6th Generation Mustang (S550) Enthusiast Site - Ford PR: 2015 Mustang, Best Handling Ever, PP Consistently Beat Boss 302 at the Track

Pericak on How Much Faster 2015 Mustang GT Performance Package is than Boss 302 | 2015+ Mustang (s550) Forum News Blog – Mustang6G | The Ultimate 6th Generation Mustang (S550) Enthusiast Site - Pericak on How Much Faster 2015 Mustang GT Performance Package is than Boss 302

Then the speculation came, Steeda, I believe was the first to mention that the new car weighed more than the '14, nobody believed that after Ford preached for years about how they were going to trim the fat and make a smaller more agile and efficient global car. Well, whomever released that information was correct. Ford finally after months of rumors flying around came out and said that, yes, the rumors were true and the car was heavier than originally planned. So instead of a 3200 - 3500 lbs car, we have a 3500 - 3900 lbs car.

Then they released the EB specs and the majority of people were caught off guard by how little the difference was between it and the 3.7L V6. Then numbers starting going around about how it runs the same speeds as the previous gen car with the less powerful V6, turns out, it's true.

Then the tests of the PP cars came and nobody understood why the new car put down basically the same or worse numbers as the previous cars did, what happened to the GT being better than the Boss?

Then this head to head, same track, same driver, both top spec'd V8's with the track packs, Camaro wins in the same fashion it always had, handling.

Look through the reviews of these cars from whomever you prefer, the Camaro puts down better lap times and handling numbers, while the Mustang usually beat the Camaro in a straight line by a tenth or two through the 1320.

If this is the best Ford has to offer, then yes, the next Camaro will certainly be winning every comparison against this new Mustang.
Old 10-15-2014, 09:04 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

2015 Mustang GT PP vs 2015 Camaro 1LE

^almost 400lbs lighter, more hp and torque, about the same price, competing with Porsche and BMW. I was too ready for my new mustang. But after all these lies. Ill pass.
Old 10-15-2014, 09:14 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
* also I'm not a "mustang nutswinger" mustang owners are the worse at this also, not sure why but they are. Idc what it is if it's fast I like it, and let's face it mustang has been considered fast untill the coyotes hit the streets. It was the first time the LS guys were like " **** "
As an LS guy, I was actually worried the first time I ran a new 5.0. Until I raced a few, still not entirely sure why they are so popular.
Old 10-15-2014, 09:16 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Honestly, I don't give a **** if the camaro beat it by 2 seconds at the track or if the mustang wins by a tenth at the strip....I'm going to buy a mustang over the camaro everyday of the week simply because I love the mustang. I love it's styling, it's quality, what it stands for, it's heritage, everything about it.

Old 10-15-2014, 09:17 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish416 View Post
As an LS guy, I was actually worried the first time I ran a new 5.0. Until I raced a few, still not entirely sure why they are so popular.
Back when I was making 700 on the bottle, the only c6 z ' s I lost to were 650 and up.

They need work but once they have some $$ in them they are nasty on the street

Old 10-15-2014, 09:20 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

But you are right, they have alot more hype then what they can put down. But they need work, stock nothing impressive, weak pistons, hit or miss manual trans, but definitely the

Old 10-15-2014, 09:21 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

* most impressive mustang ford has put out to date.

But I'm more of a fan of vettes personally

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT

Tags
2015 mustang