Ford possibly replacing the 5.0 in 2016??? - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT



Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-31-2015, 11:49 AM   #71
Registered Member
Regular
 
FastFord13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Montreal
Region: Canada
Posts: 4,259
My wife's 2014 1.5 Eco fusion is great for a fairly large car by today's standards, its no race car but fully loaded with 3 adults and 2 kids with 2 hockey bags, it has absolutely no problems passing cars while getting fantastic Mpgs.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
FastFord13 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-31-2015, 11:52 AM   #72
Registered Member
Regular
 
dave73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Mechanicsville
Region: Maryland
Posts: 1,058
Honestly though if I going to drive a 4 banger I at least want to take advantage of the HP/weight ratio. I'd rather have a F/I Focus than an Ecoboost Mustang.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
dave73 is offline  
Old 01-31-2015, 04:58 PM   #73
Registered Member
Regular
 
UltArc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Ohio
Posts: 1,782
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave73 View Post
Honestly though if I going to drive a 4 banger I at least want to take advantage of the HP/weight ratio. I'd rather have a F/I Focus than an Ecoboost Mustang.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
?
The Mustang is 1k more, has 52 more horsepower and 50 more torques (at same RPMs), and only weighs 300 lbs more.

Less than 10% more weight, more than 10% more horsepower. I'd take the Mustang.

Source: http://www.cars.com/go/compare/trimC...,USC50FOC051B0

Sent from my XT1094 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
__________________
2012 Mustang EPA: 19/29
2012 AeroStang: 40/46

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-31-2015, 05:47 PM   #74
Registered Member
Regular
 
dave73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Mechanicsville
Region: Maryland
Posts: 1,058
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc View Post
?
The Mustang is 1k more, has 52 more horsepower and 50 more torques (at same RPMs), and only weighs 300 lbs more.

Less than 10% more weight, more than 10% more horsepower. I'd take the Mustang.

Source: http://www.cars.com/go/compare/trimC...,USC50FOC051B0

Sent from my XT1094 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Have you driven the ecoboost 4? If you haven't you need to. The one I drove felt like a old Volkswagen. Engine was thrashy and did not feel like 300hp.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
dave73 is offline  
Old 01-31-2015, 09:33 PM   #75
Registered Member
Regular
 
UltArc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Ohio
Posts: 1,782
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave73 View Post
Have you driven the ecoboost 4? If you haven't you need to. The one I drove felt like a old Volkswagen. Engine was thrashy and did not feel like 300hp.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Yes. Engine was fine to me, the disturbing part was the slush box between the front seats. That automatic is just tragic. Last gen, 11-14, Ford said there was no paddle option because they couldn't get it up to their standards. If this is acceptable to them, I can not fathom what the last one was like. Other than that, the 4 (and car as a whole) ranged from acceptable to excellent. The exhaust was non existent, my .996 three cylinder Insights have a louder exhaust (not really, they are about the same- I just like saying that).

Sent from my XT1094 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
__________________
2012 Mustang EPA: 19/29
2012 AeroStang: 40/46

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline  
Old 02-01-2015, 04:42 AM   #76
Registered Member
Regular
 
dave73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Mechanicsville
Region: Maryland
Posts: 1,058
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc View Post
Yes. Engine was fine to me, the disturbing part was the slush box between the front seats. That automatic is just tragic. Last gen, 11-14, Ford said there was no paddle option because they couldn't get it up to their standards. If this is acceptable to them, I can not fathom what the last one was like. Other than that, the 4 (and car as a whole) ranged from acceptable to excellent. The exhaust was non existent, my .996 three cylinder Insights have a louder exhaust (not really, they are about the same- I just like saying that).

Sent from my XT1094 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Yeah the transmission was horrible as well. I did like the GT though but I'm going to wait until the Mach 1 comes out before I consider getting one.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
dave73 is offline  
Old 02-01-2015, 07:12 AM   #77
Registered Member
Regular
 
FastFord13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Montreal
Region: Canada
Posts: 4,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc View Post
Yes. Engine was fine to me, the disturbing part was the slush box between the front seats. That automatic is just tragic. Last gen, 11-14, Ford said there was no paddle option because they couldn't get it up to their standards. If this is acceptable to them, I can not fathom what the last one was like. Other than that, the 4 (and car as a whole) ranged from acceptable to excellent. The exhaust was non existent, my .996 three cylinder Insights have a louder exhaust (not really, they are about the same- I just like saying that).

Sent from my XT1094 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Its still that bad? I thought they would have tried to fix it this time around. Before I bought my 13 manual I took out a 13 auto and thought the slush box shifted really laggy and remembering leaving the dealer quite disappointed about the transmissions performance. All the auto guys say a tune helped fix the problem, hopefully this holds true to the 15s also.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
FastFord13 is offline  
Old 02-01-2015, 09:29 AM   #78
Registered Member
Regular
 
UltArc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Ohio
Posts: 1,782
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
Its still that bad? I thought they would have tried to fix it this time around. Before I bought my 13 manual I took out a 13 auto and thought the slush box shifted really laggy and remembering leaving the dealer quite disappointed about the transmissions performance. All the auto guys say a tune helped fix the problem, hopefully this holds true to the 15s also.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Honestly, it is like watching a 10 year old play Gran Turismo with the car set to manual.

Let me clarify- I had no issue with the auto transmission. I think lowly of them. In my opinion, it is for someone who A) buys it for the dragstrip, B) doesn't care about driving and just bought a car, or C) has a situation that limits driving a manual. To be clear, I don't think less of any of those people- I just have low expectations of the auto.

So shifting, and driving, it had no issue. It didn't clunk, make weird noises, or do anything strange. What was TERRIBLE was the paddle shifting. [Before knowing what a tune will do to it ] I think it would be better off without the paddles. It is slow, doesn't do what I want anywhere around the time I want it to do it, and has no real settings. Now I completely get the fact that it has to be made for stupid people. In a mass produced car, they are catering to people who have 25k. Not to people who are buying a McLaren, or Porsche, who should have some sense of what to do. So I get more strict limits.

However, the Buick Regal Turbo I drove (auto), was exceptional. Still issues, like it wouldn't go under 1300 RPMs, and if it wasn't 100% full throttle it would shift up early, but it was faster, more lively and brisk. I've never driven an F1 derived system, but the shifts were swift, and one could feel it grabbing. The Mustang, not so much.

Me: *pull paddle*
Mustang: huh? Did you say some- oh, shift, hold on...*gentle shifting*
Me: are you %-$-$-$+$-#&"63;$9 me!

I was very quickly very angry. I still tried to use it, but it was like your relative with an unruly dog. You can deal with going to walk it a few times while they are on holiday, but living with such a stupid beast may give you a brain aneurism.

Sent from my XT1094 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
__________________
2012 Mustang EPA: 19/29
2012 AeroStang: 40/46

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline  
Old 02-01-2015, 11:39 AM   #79
Registered Member
Regular
 
FastFord13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Montreal
Region: Canada
Posts: 4,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc View Post
Honestly, it is like watching a 10 year old play Gran Turismo with the car set to manual.

Let me clarify- I had no issue with the auto transmission. I think lowly of them. In my opinion, it is for someone who A) buys it for the dragstrip, B) doesn't care about driving and just bought a car, or C) has a situation that limits driving a manual. To be clear, I don't think less of any of those people- I just have low expectations of the auto.

So shifting, and driving, it had no issue. It didn't clunk, make weird noises, or do anything strange. What was TERRIBLE was the paddle shifting. [Before knowing what a tune will do to it ] I think it would be better off without the paddles. It is slow, doesn't do what I want anywhere around the time I want it to do it, and has no real settings. Now I completely get the fact that it has to be made for stupid people. In a mass produced car, they are catering to people who have 25k. Not to people who are buying a McLaren, or Porsche, who should have some sense of what to do. So I get more strict limits.

However, the Buick Regal Turbo I drove (auto), was exceptional. Still issues, like it wouldn't go under 1300 RPMs, and if it wasn't 100% full throttle it would shift up early, but it was faster, more lively and brisk. I've never driven an F1 derived system, but the shifts were swift, and one could feel it grabbing. The Mustang, not so much.

Me: *pull paddle*
Mustang: huh? Did you say some- oh, shift, hold on...*gentle shifting*
Me: are you %-$-$-$+$-#&"63;$9 me!

I was very quickly very angry. I still tried to use it, but it was like your relative with an unruly dog. You can deal with going to walk it a few times while they are on holiday, but living with such a stupid beast may give you a brain aneurism.

Sent from my XT1094 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
+1, select shift was laggy in the 13 auto also which is kinda like having paddle shifters. Ford makes a very good auto, but I'd like to see the shifts a little firmer, but I realise they tune it for the masses and not for the track.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
FastFord13 is offline  
Old 02-01-2015, 12:30 PM   #80
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
Its still that bad? I thought they would have tried to fix it this time around. Before I bought my 13 manual I took out a 13 auto and thought the slush box shifted really laggy and remembering leaving the dealer quite disappointed about the transmissions performance. All the auto guys say a tune helped fix the problem, hopefully this holds true to the 15s also.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
A tune is the only way to go for the automatic. The factory shifts in the auto are sucky. Its a whole different car tuned.
2011 Kona Blue is offline  
Old 02-01-2015, 01:02 PM   #81
Registered Member
Regular
 
UltArc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Ohio
Posts: 1,782
When I drove the 12s and 13s (they only ever had autos, my standard came from 273 miles away), the autos seemed okay for daily driving. I didn't use that push button thing at all, though. I just wonder if the paddles on 15+s will be fixed with a tune.

Sent from my XT1094 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
__________________
2012 Mustang EPA: 19/29
2012 AeroStang: 40/46

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline  
Old 02-01-2015, 01:11 PM   #82
Registered Member
Regular
 
FastFord13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Montreal
Region: Canada
Posts: 4,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
A tune is the only way to go for the automatic. The factory shifts in the auto are sucky. Its a whole different car tuned.
If I get an auto I'd be tuning it in the dealers parking lot just after i signed the paper work lol.

The biggest selling point for getting a manual for me was my wife can't and won't drive stick!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
FastFord13 is offline  
Old 02-01-2015, 02:25 PM   #83
Registered Member
Regular
 
bazinga11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Burbs
Region: Canada
Posts: 1,404
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
If I get an auto I'd be tuning it in the dealers parking lot just after i signed the paper work lol.

The biggest selling point for getting a manual for me was my wife can't and won't drive stick!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Bro trust me don't get an auto if you're a stick guy. Sure its more convenient to drive as a DD, but its a no substitute for fun factor associated with a manual! My 5.0 is tuned, and I still hate how it responds to gas - the second I let go off throttle (during a spirited run) in case something is in front of me, it upshifts. Back to square 1. Just pure annoyance.
bazinga11 is offline  
Old 02-03-2015, 11:57 PM   #84
Registered Member
Regular
 
DakotaStang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Summerset
Region: South Dakota
Posts: 23
ford you hurt me again we will have issues! just picked up my 15 today. I picked up a 2010 in 09 and then you changed on me to a 5.0. you do this again I am going to lose it
DakotaStang is offline  
Old 02-04-2015, 07:46 AM   #85
OX1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: jackson
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Why not? It won't replace long distance hauling diesels but for the average dude who commutes. Damn skippy it is.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app

No it won't. I hurt my foot last week, so now I park my car right near house instead of under metal canopy (not that much farther away, but who wants to walk farther than needed with a bum foot).

If I had my charger setup wired to canopy, I would have to run ext cord over to spot parked now. Then we get a foot of snow and I have to plow, but can't because cord in under snow somewhere. Can't pull cord out, as it rained 3 hours before it snowed and cord is frozen to ground.

This and 1000 other scenarios making electric a royal PIA are not stuff I would dream up, this is real day to day stuff most electric lovers have not even thought about yet.

And NO V-8, no more new mustang for me ever again. I also have an EVO 8 and would consider a new focus RS to replace it, but that is a totally different animal.
__________________
86 Capri, turbo, 3.27's-12.66 @ 107.75
14 GT-Roush Phs 3, VMP 93 tune, Whiteline Sway Bars, Roush U/L Rear Control Arms, 18 X 9/10 Bullits with 295/255 NT05's
OX1 is offline  
Old 02-04-2015, 09:00 AM   #86
Lorraine's driver

Regular
 
ab_mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 7,860
I personally don't think this will happen anytime soon. I think it's possible maybe 10 or more years down the road. Ford usually does a good job at making cars that sell, even if scuttlebutt on the social networks says different. It will all depend on the sales.


IG: @azurebluemach
__________________
Instagram: @ab_mach1
ab_mach1 is offline  
Old 02-05-2015, 12:59 PM   #87
Staff
Regular
Staff
 
scottydsntknow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: JB MDL
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 16,587
Quote:
Originally Posted by OX1 View Post
No it won't. I hurt my foot last week, so now I park my car right near house instead of under metal canopy (not that much farther away, but who wants to walk farther than needed with a bum foot).

If I had my charger setup wired to canopy, I would have to run ext cord over to spot parked now. Then we get a foot of snow and I have to plow, but can't because cord in under snow somewhere. Can't pull cord out, as it rained 3 hours before it snowed and cord is frozen to ground.

This and 1000 other scenarios making electric a royal PIA are not stuff I would dream up, this is real day to day stuff most electric lovers have not even thought about yet.

And NO V-8, no more new mustang for me ever again. I also have an EVO 8 and would consider a new focus RS to replace it, but that is a totally different animal.
Except you won't have to have a charger at your house. Get an electric up to a 400+ mile range (Tesla is getting close to that now) and rapid charge capability, you just charge it up at a charging station in 10 minutes on the way home or if solar panel parking lots/garages take off like they should you just have it charged at work.

What you are saying about a cord from your house is akin to having to have a fuel line going from your house to your gas motor vehicle. You don't do it now, why would you do it with a high tech electric?

I do understand where you are coming from with current vehicles that are out now, but give it 10-20 years and yeah, I can see electric being a very big chunk of the market.
__________________
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline  
Old 02-05-2015, 11:33 PM   #88
Registered Member
Regular
 
Aggiesrok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bryan
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,883
Ford possibly replacing the 5.0 in 2016???

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Except you won't have to have a charger at your house. Get an electric up to a 400+ mile range (Tesla is getting close to that now) and rapid charge capability, you just charge it up at a charging station in 10 minutes on the way home or if solar panel parking lots/garages take off like they should you just have it charged at work.

I do understand where you are coming from with current vehicles that are out now, but give it 10-20 years and yeah, I can see electric being a very big chunk of the market.

It'll be 20-30 years and only in big cities. There are no charging stations on the way home and won't be for a long time.

The best they'll do is commuters for work or school. 400 mile range isn't cranking a big radio, AC or even heat. Those items kill a battery fast. Electricity is a byproduct of a gas engine.

Cost is always an issue. You could buy 2 Mustang GT premiums for a Tesla.

Hybrids are more practical, but still too expensive and butt ugly.


Chevy runs deep, don't step in Chevy.
__________________
chevy runs deep, Don't step in chevy!

289 - Holley 4150 570cfm; Performer intake; mild cam; MSD HEI; 302 heads; Roller Tips; Hedman Tri-Y headers; H-pipe w/Flowmaster 40's; 9 in posi 3.50; 205/50-17F; 225/50-17R.
Aggiesrok is offline  
Old 02-06-2015, 12:11 AM   #89
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggiesrok View Post
It'll be 20-30 years and only in big cities. There are no charging stations on the way home and won't be for a long time.

The best they'll do is commuters for work or school. 400 mile range isn't cranking a big radio, AC or even heat. Those items kill a battery fast. Electricity is a byproduct of a gas engine.

Cost is always an issue. You could buy 2 Mustang GT premiums for a Tesla.

Hybrids are more practical, but still too expensive and butt ugly.


Chevy runs deep, don't step in Chevy.
A hybrid can look like anything. It doesn't say in the description of it "ugly". Who knows they might make a hybrid Mustang.

And lately the technology of electric cars has slowed down a bit because of the cost of gasoline going down and people going to that more. When it rises again the development of electric cars will be well on its way again. Look at how far we came with cell phones in a matter of years, and also computers. I have no doubt that in 10 years hybrids or electric cars will have a solid place in the market.

As much as i love American fuel burning V8s, the way of electric cars is going to be a real business changer.

I see Teslas all the time, and charging stations everywhere; I can't leave my college campus and go a mile down the road to Safeway without seeing at least a Tesla on the way. Granted i'm almost right in the middle of where it all started (Silicon Valley).

Like anything, the technology starts off slow and expensive, but once the foot is in the door it spreads like a wild fire. Hell, some Tesla representatives came to my college for recruiting.
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline  
Old 02-06-2015, 05:36 AM   #90
Registered Member
Regular
 
FastFord13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Montreal
Region: Canada
Posts: 4,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
A hybrid can look like anything. It doesn't say in the description of it "ugly". Who knows they might make a hybrid Mustang.

And lately the technology of electric cars has slowed down a bit because of the cost of gasoline going down and people going to that more. When it rises again the development of electric cars will be well on its way again. Look at how far we came with cell phones in a matter of years, and also computers. I have no doubt that in 10 years hybrids or electric cars will have a solid place in the market.

As much as i love American fuel burning V8s, the way of electric cars is going to be a real business changer.

I see Teslas all the time, and charging stations everywhere; I can't leave my college campus and go a mile down the road to Safeway without seeing at least a Tesla on the way. Granted i'm almost right in the middle of where it all started (Silicon Valley).

Like anything, the technology starts off slow and expensive, but once the foot is in the door it spreads like a wild fire. Hell, some Tesla representatives came to my college for recruiting.
+1. You have made some great points.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
FastFord13 is offline  
Old 02-06-2015, 08:41 AM   #91
Registered Member
Regular
 
Aggiesrok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bryan
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,883
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
A hybrid can look like anything. It doesn't say in the description of it "ugly". Who knows they might make a hybrid Mustang.

And lately the technology of electric cars has slowed down a bit because of the cost of gasoline going down and people going to that more. When it rises again the development of electric cars will be well on its way again. Look at how far we came with cell phones in a matter of years, and also computers. I have no doubt that in 10 years hybrids or electric cars will have a solid place in the market.

As much as i love American fuel burning V8s, the way of electric cars is going to be a real business changer.

I see Teslas all the time, and charging stations everywhere; I can't leave my college campus and go a mile down the road to Safeway without seeing at least a Tesla on the way. Granted i'm almost right in the middle of where it all started (Silicon Valley).

Like anything, the technology starts off slow and expensive, but once the foot is in the door it spreads like a wild fire. Hell, some Tesla representatives came to my college for recruiting.

The whole problem with changing fuel sources is distribution. Gas is available everywhere. You're in the middle of it and have charging stations everywhere. Get out of California and look for charging stations everywhere. Currently the power grid couldn't handle everyone driving an electric car.
I see Ferraris and Porches on the road, that doesn't make them affordable for most people. When are you getting a Tesla?
You're mixing hybrids and electric cars. Very different. Electric cars are done when the battery runs out, just like cell phones. Hybrids make more sense because you aren't stranded when the battery dies. And of course they can make better looking hybrids, I'm sure they will offer a mustang hybrid one day.
They have made huge leaps in technology regarding gas engines in the last fifteen years also.



Chevy runs deep, don't step in Chevy.
__________________
chevy runs deep, Don't step in chevy!

289 - Holley 4150 570cfm; Performer intake; mild cam; MSD HEI; 302 heads; Roller Tips; Hedman Tri-Y headers; H-pipe w/Flowmaster 40's; 9 in posi 3.50; 205/50-17F; 225/50-17R.
Aggiesrok is offline  
Old 02-06-2015, 09:14 AM   #92
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggiesrok View Post
It'll be 20-30 years and only in big cities. There are no charging stations on the way home and won't be for a long time.

The best they'll do is commuters for work or school. 400 mile range isn't cranking a big radio, AC or even heat. Those items kill a battery fast. Electricity is a byproduct of a gas engine.

Cost is always an issue. You could buy 2 Mustang GT premiums for a Tesla.

Hybrids are more practical, but still too expensive and butt ugly.


Chevy runs deep, don't step in Chevy.

I don't think any of these Hybrids are Ugly!.. 😜Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1423235602.438754.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	226.0 KB
ID:	174975Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1423235625.322129.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	153.3 KB
ID:	174976Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1423235642.105065.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	194.9 KB
ID:	174977


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Eturner is offline  
Old 02-06-2015, 12:22 PM   #93
Lorraine's driver

Regular
 
ab_mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 7,860
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggiesrok View Post
The whole problem with changing fuel sources is distribution. Gas is available everywhere. You're in the middle of it and have charging stations everywhere. Get out of California and look for charging stations everywhere. Currently the power grid couldn't handle everyone driving an electric car.
I see Ferraris and Porches on the road, that doesn't make them affordable for most people. When are you getting a Tesla?
You're mixing hybrids and electric cars. Very different. Electric cars are done when the battery runs out, just like cell phones. Hybrids make more sense because you aren't stranded when the battery dies. And of course they can make better looking hybrids, I'm sure they will offer a mustang hybrid one day.
They have made huge leaps in technology regarding gas engines in the last fifteen years also.



Chevy runs deep, don't step in Chevy.
I think most seem ugly to you because they wern't really designed for your demograph. As more and more are made and prices come down, more companies will design them and more will be designed to suit a wider veriety of peeps out there.
__________________
Instagram: @ab_mach1
ab_mach1 is offline  
Old 02-06-2015, 12:30 PM   #94
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
Ford possibly replacing the 5.0 in 2016???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggiesrok View Post
The whole problem with changing fuel sources is distribution. Gas is available everywhere. You're in the middle of it and have charging stations everywhere. Get out of California and look for charging stations everywhere. Currently the power grid couldn't handle everyone driving an electric car.
I see Ferraris and Porches on the road, that doesn't make them affordable for most people. When are you getting a Tesla?
You're mixing hybrids and electric cars. Very different. Electric cars are done when the battery runs out, just like cell phones. Hybrids make more sense because you aren't stranded when the battery dies. And of course they can make better looking hybrids, I'm sure they will offer a mustang hybrid one day.
They have made huge leaps in technology regarding gas engines in the last fifteen years also.



Chevy runs deep, don't step in Chevy.

Ferraris and Porsches aren't meant to be affordable to everyone. They want them to be exclusive. Tesla is designing a more market friendly vehicle though.

And the comment about electric cars being done when the battery runs out... Gasoline cars are done when you run out of gas, same exact concept.

I'm just saying technology has amazed us in the last 10 years, I'm sure it'll amaze us again in the next 10.


Bullitts are better than Bullets
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline  
Old 02-06-2015, 01:12 PM   #95
Registered Member
Regular
 
Aggiesrok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bryan
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,883
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
Ferraris and Porsches aren't meant to be affordable to everyone. They want them to be exclusive. Tesla is designing a more market friendly vehicle though.

And the comment about electric cars being done when the battery runs out... Gasoline cars are done when you run out of gas, same exact concept.

I'm just saying technology has amazed us in the last 10 years, I'm sure it'll amaze us again in the next 10.


Bullitts are better than Bullets

Ok so $70k-100k is very market friendly for a Tesla.

When you run out of gas, you can go get a gallon of gas to get going again to a gas station. Charging a car on the side of the road is not as simple.

Technology is amazing. When the Prius came out, people were saying that everyone would be driving those and the gas engine was dead. I'm just saying it's going to take a long time.


Chevy runs deep, don't step in Chevy.
__________________
chevy runs deep, Don't step in chevy!

289 - Holley 4150 570cfm; Performer intake; mild cam; MSD HEI; 302 heads; Roller Tips; Hedman Tri-Y headers; H-pipe w/Flowmaster 40's; 9 in posi 3.50; 205/50-17F; 225/50-17R.
Aggiesrok is offline  
Old 02-06-2015, 01:13 PM   #96
Registered Member
Regular
 
Aggiesrok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bryan
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,883
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner View Post
I don't think any of these Hybrids are Ugly!.. 😜Attachment 174975Attachment 174976Attachment 174977


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

These look really inexpensive and most could pick up one or two.


Chevy runs deep, don't step in Chevy.
__________________
chevy runs deep, Don't step in chevy!

289 - Holley 4150 570cfm; Performer intake; mild cam; MSD HEI; 302 heads; Roller Tips; Hedman Tri-Y headers; H-pipe w/Flowmaster 40's; 9 in posi 3.50; 205/50-17F; 225/50-17R.
Aggiesrok is offline  
Old 02-06-2015, 01:17 PM   #97
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggiesrok View Post
Ok so $70k-100k is very market friendly for a Tesla. .

The one they are working on will be in the $3x,000 range


Bullitts are better than Bullets
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline  
Old 02-06-2015, 02:46 PM   #98
Registered Member
Regular
 
Aggiesrok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bryan
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,883
That would be a big deal. You still have to deal with long distance, but it's a good start for big cities. They seem well built, they have a store in a nearby mall, with a car and all the tech info.
__________________
chevy runs deep, Don't step in chevy!

289 - Holley 4150 570cfm; Performer intake; mild cam; MSD HEI; 302 heads; Roller Tips; Hedman Tri-Y headers; H-pipe w/Flowmaster 40's; 9 in posi 3.50; 205/50-17F; 225/50-17R.
Aggiesrok is offline  
Old 02-06-2015, 04:27 PM   #99
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggiesrok View Post
That would be a big deal. You still have to deal with long distance, but it's a good start for big cities. They seem well built, they have a store in a nearby mall, with a car and all the tech info.

There is rumor about easily replaceable batteries. I don't know how much truth there is. But imagine having 400 miles on a battery, running out and then just swapping it out in 30 seconds for another battery with 400 miles. And then have others at home charging, would make waiting around for fuel or charging a thing in the past.


Bullitts are better than Bullets
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline  
Old 02-06-2015, 05:19 PM   #100
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
There is rumor about easily replaceable batteries. I don't know how much truth there is. But imagine having 400 miles on a battery, running out and then just swapping it out in 30 seconds for another battery with 400 miles. And then have others at home charging, would make waiting around for fuel or charging a thing in the past.


Bullitts are better than Bullets

Ya but imagining your electric bill after constantly charging batteries!.. 😁


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Eturner is offline  
Old 02-06-2015, 05:24 PM   #101
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner View Post
Ya but imagining your electric bill after constantly charging batteries!.. 😁


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

Imagine your gas bills also, nonexistent!!!

They will probably offset each other.


Bullitts are better than Bullets
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline  
Old 02-06-2015, 06:10 PM   #102
Registered Member

Regular
 
Famine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Rapid City
Region: South Dakota
Posts: 684
Ford possibly replacing the 5.0 in 2016???

I'm only 32 but call me old fashioned. I won't drive one of these pos battery cars if my life depended on it. Maybe my family's life, but not mine. It's not the same driving experience. I hope a ton of people use them though as it will increase the amount of fossil fuels I can use. I love how the country likes to preach self-sustainability while at the same time penalizing the people that make the investment to do so. You want to have solar panels to run your house? Well that's cool and all, but you now still get to pay a fee for being self-sufficient (greedy electric companies). Sorry about the ranting, but electric cars are just another tool to attempt to transition into another leeching form of government payment.

And what about the driving experience isn't the same? All you don't get is the sound. Electric motors put out instant torque. No need to build power. Not all electric cars are like the Prius. Look at the Tesla, and even the McLaren P1.

It's the way of technology. Lots of people didn't like other technology, but over time it will take over and you will have to adapt.
Famine is offline  
Old 02-06-2015, 08:02 PM   #103
Registered Member
Regular
 
FastFord13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Montreal
Region: Canada
Posts: 4,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Famine View Post
I'm only 32 but call me old fashioned. I won't drive one of these pos battery cars if my life depended on it. Maybe my family's life, but not mine. It's not the same driving experience and all of the environmentalists can suck a dick because it's just as bad for the environment. I hope a ton of people use them though as it will increase the amount of fossil fuels I can use. I love how the country likes to preach self-sustainability while at the same time penalizing the people that make the investment to do so. You want to have solar panels to run your house? Well that's cool and all, but you now still get to pay a fee for being self-sufficient (greedy electric companies). Sorry about the ranting, but electric cars are just another tool to attempt to transition into another leeching form of government payment.
Wow lol.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
FastFord13 is offline  
Old 02-06-2015, 08:27 PM   #104
Registered Member
Regular
 
dave73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Mechanicsville
Region: Maryland
Posts: 1,058
Yeah well the way things are looking in the world now in 20-30 years there won't be a power grid to charge the cars anyway. After the entire world economy topples the post apocalyptic landscape will look like a Mad Max movie. So stock up on ammo and steel plate to armor your Mustang!


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
dave73 is offline  
Old 02-06-2015, 10:18 PM   #105
Lorraine's driver

Regular
 
ab_mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 7,860
These threads seem to end up being just like the "why do the V8 guys hate on my V6". Lol we should just delete these too.

Why are all the "I hate government" people on the Internet? Shouldn't they be at the voting station trying to make change happen?

Sorry but same old same old


IG: @azurebluemach
__________________
Instagram: @ab_mach1
ab_mach1 is offline  
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2016 SVT MMVEC Mustang Rumors | 2017 and 2018 Mustang 53 02-27-2015 07:50 PM
Hot Lap: Unveiled 2016 SVT Ford Mustang Hits the Track! - AmericanMuscle.com AMAlexLazarus AmericanMuscle 0 08-04-2014 01:03 PM
2016 Shelby GT 350 samuelsmith General Mustang Discussion 1 07-19-2014 11:55 AM
2012 and 2016 mpg requirements?? Wren General Car Discussion 4 03-26-2010 04:12 AM
Replacing a 2002 ford mustang key and remote? hawiovi17 1996-2004 Mustang GT 4 08-19-2009 08:28 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



05:22 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.