2011 gt compared to my new 2015 - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-01-2014, 12:00 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
The guy that wins (quite often mind you) the TT2 series down here in Texas drives a mustang, one that has to weigh 3800 lbs to keep up with the class power:weight ratio. The Mustang is an incredibly capable corner carver, and the 15 has vastly improved on that.

I've seen 3 now in person, Deep Impact blue, Black, white, and they're all absolutely beautiful. Some people don't like it because it isn't "muscle enough," but I disagree. This is a sleek and sexy car that carries its lines very well. If I wouldn't be upside down on my current GT id be thinking real hard about trading it in. Maybe i'll just give it a year or 2 for the kinks to be worked out and the depreciation to catch up with my car, but corners are my thing. I'll hopefully be in one before too long.

The mustang has always been kind of a 1 trick pony, No offense to the Drag racing guys, and the S197 developed quite a bit on that; but the S550 is really bringing the mustang into the modern erra of performance vehicles.
Voltwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-01-2014, 12:20 PM   #37
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
2011 gt compared to my new 2015

Let's be real. The Mustang has never really been a drag car. Not even back in the old day. (I'm sure ish would love to hear this lol). The true muscle cars and drag cars were the Chevelles, Firebirds, Camaros, CUDAs, GTOs, Torinos.... The things with the huge displacement engines putting out tons of power, not the little 289.

The Mustang was originally a nice little peppy family car when it first came out. It was when all those other cars listed above came out that Ford started to step up the game. Only reason the Mustang didn't die was because it wasn't specifically set toward one goal. Power.

Don't get me wrong I love Mustangs. But they were never meant to be "Muscle", in my eyes they have always been a pony car, and pony cars do more than just go fast in a straight line.

Bullitts are better than Bullets

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 01:11 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

S197's are lighter cars than the new s550's. I don't mind the new look but wish they could have kept the weight down. I would be happy with an s550 considering they can handle more boost out the box than a coyote could due to a bottom end similar to the boss 302. So for all the argument sake of the extra pounds, just throw some boost at it and call it a day
Raeko is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-01-2014, 01:47 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
Let's be real. The Mustang has never really been a drag car. Not even back in the old day. (I'm sure ish would love to hear this lol). The true muscle cars and drag cars were the Chevelles, Firebirds, Camaros, CUDAs, GTOs, Torinos.... The things with the huge displacement engines putting out tons of power, not the little 289.

The Mustang was originally a nice little peppy family car when it first came out. It was when all those other cars listed above came out that Ford started to step up the game. Only reason the Mustang didn't die was because it wasn't specifically set toward one goal. Power.

Don't get me wrong I love Mustangs. But they were never meant to be "Muscle", in my eyes they have always been a pony car, and pony cars do more than just go fast in a straight line.

I disagree. The mustang started drag racing in '65 and won a lot of races. That was before some of the cars you mentioned were even thought about. And they had 427s in them.

I like the 2015s but not as much as some of the other years. In my opinion I like the 11-12 body style the best. That's why I bought a 2012. I had a 2011 gt500 and I like that mix of body styles. (13-14 front, 11-12 rear) as far as performance goes I'm 100 times more likely to get in a random drag race as opposed to driving to an actual track and try to set lap times so the solid rear is more to my liking. Despite all of that my car is not stock so comparing it to a stock 2015 is a waste of time.

OP awesome car.
Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 02:01 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maine
At a Ford dealership right now my folks wanted to try the ford escape. There happens to be a '15 here so i was checking it out. I hated the the looks of the one i saw online but in person its growing on me

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Mustang Evolution mobile app
goatsoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 02:01 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose View Post
I disagree. The mustang started drag racing in '65 and won a lot of races. That was before some of the cars you mentioned were even thought about. And they had 427s in them.

I like the 2015s but not as much as some of the other years. In my opinion I like the 11-12 body style the best. That's why I bought a 2012. I had a 2011 gt500 and I like that mix of body styles. (13-14 front, 11-12 rear) as far as performance goes I'm 100 times more likely to get in a random drag race as opposed to driving to an actual track and try to set lap times so the solid rear is more to my liking. Despite all of that my car is not stock so comparing it to a stock 2015 is a waste of time.

OP awesome car.

I didn't like the tail lights in the 2010-2012 because of the full red look and tinting them are illegal. That's why I like the 13-14 because they're blacked out.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
WhiteCali5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 02:37 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteCali5oh View Post
I didn't like the tail lights in the 2010-2012 because of the full red look and tinting them are illegal.
Woops
Old 11-01-2014, 02:52 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
The 15' is really nice in its own way. Its abandoned the mustang look we all love and looks more like an Audi or Infiniti coupe, which is cool. Some might be excited for a new look where most of us like this retro phase because we're fans of the 60's early 70's mustangs. But yeah the new one almost resembles a new maxima or something. Not for me since I'm a big 67 gt500 fan.

Most tests do say it feels better, but of course it does, its newer.. thats always the case. If you buy a new koenigsegg agera r you have the baddest car on the road in about a year or two it won't be anymore.. So just go by looks and add power..
Old 11-01-2014, 02:53 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

They won't say stuff about it in some states. In wv however they do because I tinted mine the exact way you did! Lol

Old 11-01-2014, 03:02 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
They won't say stuff about it in some states. In wv however they do because I tinted mine the exact way you did! Lol

Yeah that's a bummer man.
Old 11-01-2014, 03:03 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

No kidding dude. Cause that's the way they look best.

Old 11-01-2014, 03:26 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

'65 brought the Shelby GT 350 Mustang which kicked serious *** in road racing with basically suspension tweeks and a hipo 289 motor.
Any 1st gen Mustangs with big block would basically be funny cars with a beam front end. Stuffing anything bigger than a 351w in there requires losing the shock towers.
Personally, I used to 1/4 - it was fun but over in 12-14 seconds, depending on ride. Track day sessions usually run 20 minutes and incorporate a lot more driver involvement/technique. That's where I have my fun these days.

Old 11-01-2014, 03:41 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Motor Trend gave the comparison win to the Camaro in the latest head to head.

DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 03:51 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasStang77 View Post
Motor Trend gave the comparison win to the Camaro in the latest head to head.

Talk about ugly car. Saw one today, I almost gagged.

20145pointOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 03:53 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
This forum has really become trite lately. 95% of posts are either asking what gears/exhaust to buy or they are talking about how ugly the 2015 is. Get over it already. It isn't like your constant "giving of your honest opinion" is going to make Ford redesign the car. Hollllllly crap.
2014 V6 Base Coupe, Sterling Gray Metallic///3.31 Gears///FP6 Appearance Package///Tech. Package///Reverse Sensing and Security Package///Mods: Boss 302 grille, MMD Ducktail Spoiler, Weathertech Floor Mats, Bassani Axle-Back Exhaust
SixBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 04:12 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20145pointOH View Post
Talk about ugly car. Saw one today, I almost gagged.

I saw a stingray today. That only cemented that I will own one.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1414876342070.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	62.4 KB
ID:	168932   Click image for larger version

Name:	1414876352095.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	168933  

Click image for larger version

Name:	1414876361902.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	168934   Click image for larger version

Name:	1414876370872.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	67.6 KB
ID:	168935  

2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 04:40 PM   #52
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by tezz View Post
'65 brought the Shelby GT 350 Mustang which kicked serious *** in road racing with basically suspension tweeks and a hipo 289 motor.
Any 1st gen Mustangs with big block would basically be funny cars with a beam front end. Stuffing anything bigger than a 351w in there requires losing the shock towers.
Personally, I used to 1/4 - it was fun but over in 12-14 seconds, depending on ride. Track day sessions usually run 20 minutes and incorporate a lot more driver involvement/technique. That's where I have my fun these days.

Where have you raced at? I'm hoping to start doing some track days. I'll start off slow. But i want to do some at Sonoma and Laguna Seca (Northern Cali)

HID end all thread
Old 11-01-2014, 05:59 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post

Actually that is quite good looking. Not a fan of color but body lines are nice.

Camaro just looks smushed.

20145pointOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 06:12 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

2011 gt compared to my new 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixBanger View Post
This forum has really become trite lately. 95% of posts are either asking what gears/exhaust to buy or they are talking about how ugly the 2015 is. Get over it already. It isn't like your constant "giving of your honest opinion" is going to make Ford redesign the car. Hollllllly crap.

People can still express how they feel about the car. And without speaking up and voicing your opinion then there is no chance of a change.

2014 5.OHHHHHH
Noodles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 06:14 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Chevy got everything right with the new design. If I had the money and the wife would approve I would be driving that instead of the stang.

2014 5.OHHHHHH
Old 11-01-2014, 06:35 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodles76 View Post
Chevy got everything right with the new design. If I had the money and the wife would approve I would be driving that instead of the stang.

2014 5.OHHHHHH
I really like that design feature where they blow up after 5000 miles.
Old 11-01-2014, 06:46 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Where have you raced at? I'm hoping to start doing some track days. I'll start off slow. But i want to do some at Sonoma and Laguna Seca (Northern Cali)
I grew up in NorCal and have been to Laguna for the vintage races in August probably 10 times, but always as a spectator. I'd love to drive it some day.
Now that I'm in SoCal, I've taken classes at Chuckwalla (out past Palm Springs - they have Groupons for the school and use Boss 302 cars), Willow Springs int'l Raceway with the Cobra Club, and Vapor ( private track by Palm Springs -bucket list score there - a friend works for the local Aston Martin dealer - nothing like beating on someone else's 300k car!).

Join the NorCal SAAC (Shelby club) - they have track days up at Thunder Hill and Sonoma as well I believe. Weekend track rates are usually around $200-250 total. You'll need a Snell rated helmet and a hard mounted fire extinguisher (quick detach).
I'm sure Sonoma has classes too - keep an eye out for Living Social/Groupon deals - enjoy!
Old 11-01-2014, 06:59 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
People can still express how they feel about the car. And without speaking up and voicing your opinion then there is no chance of a change.

2014 5.OHHHHHH
There's sch a thing as beating a dead horse.
2014 V6 Base Coupe, Sterling Gray Metallic///3.31 Gears///FP6 Appearance Package///Tech. Package///Reverse Sensing and Security Package///Mods: Boss 302 grille, MMD Ducktail Spoiler, Weathertech Floor Mats, Bassani Axle-Back Exhaust
SixBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 07:04 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Well if the horse is as ugly as the 2015 mustang it deserves to be beat. Lol

Sorry I had to.

2014 5.OHHHHHH
Old 11-01-2014, 07:05 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Well if the horse is as ugly as the 2015 mustang it deserves to be beat. Lol

Sorry I had to.

2014 5.OHHHHHH

Haha dude you made my night

Old 11-01-2014, 07:07 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Haha dude you made my night

Lol

2014 5.OHHHHHH
Old 11-01-2014, 07:10 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I really like that design feature where they blow up after 5000 miles.

Any details

2014 5.OHHHHHH
Old 11-01-2014, 07:24 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
Originally Posted by layton View Post
Tuesday I bought my 2015 mustang gt premium with performance package manual and a few other things. My cousin has a 2011 gt Premium also performance package, manual. But they are 2 total different cars. The 15 rides better and more comfortable. The steering in and out of corners is amazing. It puts power down to the ground a million times better. The shifting is better. If any of you have doubts about getting one as soon as you drive one like mine those doubts will disappear!!! I promise. Here are some pics below.

Attachment 168885Attachment 168886Attachment 168887

Congrats on your new purchase; you have a great looking car. I've seen 3 in person so far and think they look awesome. Happy modding lol
Bigshow14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 07:31 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion

http://www.google.com/url?q=http://w...hMF-sf5KWL2QHQ
Quote:
Any details
2014 5.OHHHHHH
5000 miles. Auto. Blew up at the track. 2nd one I've heard of. Other one lasted 6500 miles. I know it might just be a fluke but its a rather expensive car to worry about it catching on fire.
Old 11-01-2014, 07:41 PM   #65
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
http://www.google.com/url?q=http://w...hMF-sf5KWL2QHQ

5000 miles. Auto. Blew up at the track. 2nd one I've heard of. Other one lasted 6500 miles. I know it might just be a fluke but its a rather expensive car to worry about it catching on fire.

Ferrari lol

HID end all thread
Old 11-01-2014, 07:44 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Re the vette - when I had the new spoiler painted, there were 2 with serious nose damage at the body shop with serious nose damage - though I suspect driver error.
Re the '15 Mustang, I'm sure when the last version came out, the 05-10 folks were *****ing about the looks of the 'new' cars then, too. I personally like them, but not enough to sell my 13 and get in debt again.

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
Old 11-01-2014, 09:48 PM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

2014 5.OHHHHHH
If I had waited a month instead of buying mine when I did, I would have a 14 stingray.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
Old 11-01-2014, 09:49 PM   #68
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
If I had waited a month instead of buying mine when I did, I would have a 14 stingray.

You only had half the amount for the Mustang? How would you afford something 2x the price of that?

HID end all thread
Old 11-01-2014, 10:06 PM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
You only had half the amount for the Mustang? How would you afford something 2x the price of that?

Correction, save up for it. I'd be driving around our 06 F150 for now, and lightly mod it.
Old 11-01-2014, 10:09 PM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

And it's not twice the price. The Stingray with the Z51 pack is about 58. The Mustang was 42, then factor in the rebates for each respectively.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT

Tags
2011 gt