2011 gt compared to my new 2015 - Page 4 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-02-2014, 04:37 PM   #106
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I like the dark green and the saddle brown seats

airaid cai, bbk tb, bbk shortys, Ford cut/clamp, magnaflow comp catback. bama tunes, 3.73s,
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2014, 05:10 PM   #107
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
I don't get it. You have a 2015 and around here they aren't even in the dealerships yet????
bodon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 05:23 PM   #108
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodon View Post
I don't get it. You have a 2015 and around here they aren't even in the dealerships yet????

Cause as soon as they come in the owners who have been waiting pick them up.

I will say the roof line of the '15 and its interior are quite nice.

2014 5.OHHHHHH
Noodles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2014, 05:27 PM   #109
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
I saw 2 on the drive up back to Fairfax from home today. Even though it was a quick look, they look much better in person.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 05:34 PM   #110
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by grom80 View Post
That's exactly what true blood must angers are complaining about...it drives like a BMW.

It's lost all the raw edge muscle car character in favor of a slick Euro luxury rider. Whatever floats your boat...but I test drove the 4 cylinder last week and hated it. If it makes any sense...

My problem with Ford here is that they are not improving and are phasing out the V6...which was the best selling engine for them on this car. This means that a fee years from now if we all want to change out our stangs, it will be either a super expensive V8, or a crappy *** 4 banger.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

Spoken like a true Hypocrite.
That "crappy *** 4 banger" not only puts down GT levels of performance with a tire and tune only
12.6 @ 108 with radial
12.1 @ 112 with slicks
But also makes more power than ANY previous model GT save the S197 5.0 ... I fail to see what about it is crappy other than the fact you're upset it doesn't have 4 more cylinders?

Also, define "not improving." The cars interior is 100x nicer than the outgoing S197, it drives seconds per lap faster around a track, and every 1/4 video I have seen has it matching, or slightly losing (1-2 tenths) to the S197, but without a doubt out trapping it by 1-2 mph as well. Aside from maybe not like the cosmetics, I really do fail to see why everyone hates this car and views it as a failure...
Voltwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 05:42 PM   #111
Road Trip!

Funny story...I went in to test drive one locally and the dude was like. We can only let you test drive it if your going to buy it. I was like....well how am I supposed to know if I want to buy it without test driving it? Came back driving the gt500 and they acted completely different. Needless to say I won't be buying from them. I did really like the test drive and the car. But I'm waiting for the specialty model before I decide what to do. They guys didn't even know how to get the car reverse to back it out to let me test drive it.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Mikeyt03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 05:44 PM   #112
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Saw another 2015 today.... Honestly I think I like it better than the '13/14 now.

Bullitts are better than Bullets

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 05:49 PM   #113
Registered Member
Regular

Isaw a V6 15 at the dealer when I had my oil changed this week.
To me its not that much different, all the body panels are only slightly changed. Most non Mustang civilians wont even notice.I like my 14 better!
blackie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 06:56 PM   #114
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
Saw another 2015 today.... Honestly I think I like it better than the '13/14 now.

Bullitts are better than Bullets

Me 2 I saw the new commercial for them today. I'm on the band wagon

Tvs 2300/ 452rwhp 416rwtq
silvr002001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 07:43 PM   #115
Registered Member
Regular

Voltwings...

First of all hp numbers alone mean jack...I don't care if it puts down 500hp...conceptually, yes ideology and attitude DOES COUNT, a muscle car does not have 4 cylinders. That is a EUROPEAN concept. If I wanted a European car, I would buy one. The mustang is american pride and should stay that way. Aside from conceptually, the problem technically is that you are hauling *** on a 4 banger with a car that weighs like a truck ! Go look at the BMW, Jap cars that run those turbo 4 cyls and look at the weights. You can put down 1000hp crank but if it takes 900 just to get the damn thing moving then you can wipe your feet with it. There will be problems with that engine I guarantee you. Life expectancy will not be long...and this I am getting from the best mustang tuners on the West Coast, I am not pulling it out of my ***.

As for "not improving" I meant the 3.7 v6 engine....which has gone DOWN in hp instead of UP! This is a clear signal they are phasing it out...meaning...in some years if we want to get a new stang, it's either expensive GT or the 4 cylinder...with everything I just said above.

Moreover, I test drove it last week...smooth, quiet, precise, comfortable...those are NOT descriptors of an American muscle car. Ask your grandpa...it felt like an Audi, drove like an Audi and looked like one...

Oh yes, and it sounds like **** as well. Unless you leave on the "fake" engine sound coming through your speakers, yes just as BMW does...see the pattern here ?

Am I ideological ? You bet I am ! That is why we fell in love with the mustang...otherwise we could all be driving around in subarus.

grom80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 07:54 PM   #116
Registered Member
Regular

One of the new ones at the dealership where I got my 14 from. There was 4 (one rotating in the air), 2 ecos and the other V6. I honestly like the rear (except for this pony emblem), wide and mean looking, the top, and the interior. The front though is still a growing process. This is the 4th time I've seen it in person. Need to test drive it already!

Btw, when I was looking at them some person got there and asked if the one he was looking was the eco six or 5.0, after seeing the sticker. Uhh..pretty sure one can tell.

You need to know the rules, to break the rules
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1414979254598.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	169016  
Old 11-02-2014, 08:06 PM   #117
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
I hate to stir the pot anymore either but I have to somewhat agree with ^^^^^^ I think a mustang should be loud and fast. I hated they made ALL the mustangs with IRS. They should have a solid axle version
Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 08:11 PM   #118
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Holy crap. After reading this thread I'm ready to take a long break from car forums for a while. Is it "that time of the month" for some of you guys'? LOL
Old 11-02-2014, 08:17 PM   #119
Registered Member
Regular

They should have definitely offered a live axle as an option.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
Old 11-02-2014, 08:17 PM   #120
Registered Member
Regular

Zinc03svt...

You have a CS ? What year ?

Old 11-02-2014, 08:43 PM   #121
Registered Member
Regular

Name:   ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1414982588.909344.jpg
Views: 152
Size:  52.2 KB

Old 11-02-2014, 08:54 PM   #122
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Am I ideological ? You bet I am ! That is why we fell in love with the mustang...otherwise we could all be driving around in subarus.

Its funny when people say stuff like this because it makes them look like they have no idea on the history behind the mustang. Ford first put a 4 cylinder in the mustang in the second generations back in 1973. Ford never marketed the car as a complete line of all out performance cars. They've always had the base model (which from 1974 through 1994 was a 4 cylinder) and then the 'performance' model which Ford showcased its performance with. Both to appeal to a different crowd of buyers.

And I still don't see how people can love the 14's and hate the 15's. Although there are some differences there are alot of similarities between the two.
StarzTA17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 09:04 PM   #123
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltwings View Post
Spoken like a true Hypocrite.
That "crappy *** 4 banger" not only puts down GT levels of performance with a tire and tune only
12.6 @ 108 with radial
12.1 @ 112 with slicks
But also makes more power than ANY previous model GT save the S197 5.0 ... I fail to see what about it is crappy other than the fact you're upset it doesn't have 4 more cylinders?

Also, define "not improving." The cars interior is 100x nicer than the outgoing S197, it drives seconds per lap faster around a track, and every 1/4 video I have seen has it matching, or slightly losing (1-2 tenths) to the S197, but without a doubt out trapping it by 1-2 mph as well. Aside from maybe not like the cosmetics, I really do fail to see why everyone hates this car and views it as a failure...

Not trying to argue. But you're saying the evoboost with a tune and tires is running faster then a stock GT 14? Just trying to be clear.

20145pointOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 09:12 PM   #124
Registered Member
Regular

It evolved for 50 years into different cars, but always with a base attitude...a raw edge. The raw edge is gone...many press reviewers say so as well...and to me, that means bye bye mustang.

2015 is a great sports car...

Old 11-02-2014, 09:40 PM   #125
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
Ford did a great job on the new stang. I understand alot of people have their personal gripes about it, the only gripe I agree with is no live axle option. Once a few of them starts getting modded and front grilles start getting upgraded these gripes will disappear. If I knew where to find the write up's from 1998 I would post them. People had the same gripes when the new edge was getting ready for production. (99-04) People where writting to Ford and magazine s about how ugly the cars where and the cobra irs wouldnt be a popular upgrade. The new edge turned out to be one of the most popular body styles. I like my 14 and will keep it until Ford decides to retro the fox body.
Bigshow14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 10:23 PM   #126

Region: Alabama
I am from the original muscle car era. Back then Mustangs/Fords were viewed as under powered dogs. None could hold a candle to my '69 Z28, let alone my '67 SS396 Chevelle with a 427 crate motor. The Tunnel Port Mustang/Boss302 was a joke. I have been hot rodding way longer than most of you have been on this earth. The original muscle car era came to an end in 1971 with lower compression ratios and stricter emission controls. Things have changed. The Mustang is the go to hot rod. The current Camaros are now the dogs. The 5.0 engine is a true jewel of engineering. Light years ahead of my '89 GT.
The future of Mustangs is exciting to me. Flat-plane 5.2 Voodoo = 575+ hp n/a. Wow.
OTOH a Volvo 2.0 prototype engine puts out 450+ hp. Three turbos. One electrically driven.
Joe Smuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 10:55 PM   #127
Registered Member
Regular

I just wanted to cruise by and say I DRIVE A MOTHER@#%ING MUSTANG!! Carry on with the 70's show. On a side note I did order some Roush Axlebacks and thinking of starting a topic "Is a CAI worth it?"
Old 11-03-2014, 05:57 AM   #128

No, a CAI is NOT worth it. It adds no hp. The stock box is as good as it gets. Don't believe me? Talk to Shaun at AED. He is one of the few people that I have talked with that really understands the basics of drag racing. Power to weight ratio, aerodynamics and traction. Gosh, looks like things have not changed since the '70s show.
Old 11-03-2014, 06:31 AM   #129
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aarskringspier View Post
I just wanted to cruise by and say I DRIVE A MOTHER@#%ING MUSTANG!! Carry on with the 70's show. On a side note I did order some Roush Axlebacks and thinking of starting a topic "Is a CAI worth it?"

Lol

2014 5.OHHHHHH
Old 11-03-2014, 06:40 AM   #130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodles76 View Post
Lol

2014 5.OHHHHHH
I agree. He seems like a very mature person.
Old 11-03-2014, 07:26 AM   #131
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
They should have definitely offered a live axle as an option.
Do you know how ridiculously small of a population would intentionally buy a live-axle 2015? Absolutely no one except for hardcore drag-racers. Literally no one else. So, how does that make sense as a business decision? Just because someone somewhere might buy something doesn't mean that it should be done. These cars are mass-produced. They aren't bespoke.

Again, it's fine that you guys don't like the looks of the 2015 because it looks too much like a sports car (whatever that means) and it's lost its raw edge (if by "raw edge" you mean outdated axle and suspension and middle ground interior), but for gods sake, you guys go on like a broken record. Day after day, thread after thread. You have nothing productive to say at all. It's always the same crap. "Blah blah blah Fustuaroeuroevoboostaccordastang." You're so clever with your punny nicknames. It's just boring.

If this is what ME has devolved into then I'm out.
2014 V6 Base Coupe, Sterling Gray Metallic///3.31 Gears///FP6 Appearance Package///Tech. Package///Reverse Sensing and Security Package///Mods: Boss 302 grille, MMD Ducktail Spoiler, Weathertech Floor Mats, Bassani Axle-Back Exhaust
SixBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 08:07 AM   #132
Registered Member
Regular

Lol

2014 5.OHHHHHH
Old 11-03-2014, 08:38 AM   #133
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
After seeing the interior up close and personal I came away with the impression that they took elements from the Fusion and Camaro and incorporated both of them into the car. The seats are very Camaro-esque while the steering wheel and center stack remind me very much of the Fusion loaner we were give for a few months while the wife's car was in the shop. I might grow to like it later, but I am certainly not running out to buy one any time soon.
605 RWHP on a safe tune
scott9050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 08:52 AM   #134
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
I bet if we said how much we love it day after day, that would be fine with you. Ford could of easily made the S197 have a more refine interior as you speak of. They didn't need to hold off until the S550. Ford could of easily given the later year S197's IRS. No need to wait for the S550's to give it that.

The Mustang Source Website is complete trash.
No. I like the live axle in my 13.
Old 11-03-2014, 08:52 AM   #135
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ntbruncie View Post
I love the exterior but once I sat inside the 15 it reminded me too much of a camaro. Hard to see out off so I won't be trading my 14 in for one.
I agree!!!! The car has lost its muscle look and stance! Dont get me wrong, nice car but its a Mustang, not a BMW or a Camaro!!!! Somewhat hate what Ford did with it!
Old 11-03-2014, 09:13 AM   #136
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Voltwings...

First of all hp numbers alone mean jack...I don't care if it puts down 500hp...conceptually, yes ideology and attitude DOES COUNT, a muscle car does not have 4 cylinders. That is a EUROPEAN concept. If I wanted a European car, I would buy one. The mustang is american pride and should stay that way. Aside from conceptually, the problem technically is that you are hauling *** on a 4 banger with a car that weighs like a truck ! Go look at the BMW, Jap cars that run those turbo 4 cyls and look at the weights. You can put down 1000hp crank but if it takes 900 just to get the damn thing moving then you can wipe your feet with it. There will be problems with that engine I guarantee you. Life expectancy will not be long...and this I am getting from the best mustang tuners on the West Coast, I am not pulling it out of my ***.

As for "not improving" I meant the 3.7 v6 engine....which has gone DOWN in hp instead of UP! This is a clear signal they are phasing it out...meaning...in some years if we want to get a new stang, it's either expensive GT or the 4 cylinder...with everything I just said above.

Moreover, I test drove it last week...smooth, quiet, precise, comfortable...those are NOT descriptors of an American muscle car. Ask your grandpa...it felt like an Audi, drove like an Audi and looked like one...

Oh yes, and it sounds like **** as well. Unless you leave on the "fake" engine sound coming through your speakers, yes just as BMW does...see the pattern here ?

1. There are several 2.0L turbo cars moving cars that weight 3400-3500 lbs just fine, Evo, Wrx, Golf R ... and Several European cars managing to do the same. Virtually all new BMWs are 2.0L turbos weighing easily mid 3000s. Thats a very narrow minded way of thinking.

2. I'm sorry, you don't want a car that's smooth, precise and comfortable because by definition its not American? I guess someone needs to ring Cadillac about the CTS-v ...

3.. Let me present you with a scenario, and i want an honest answer. Lets assume the base model S550 came with a 3v 4.6L Gt motor, rated at the same 300 hp it was rated at back in the mid 2000s. That engine:
A. Will never make as much torque as the EB
B. Will struggle to make as much Hp, and will require motor works (cams...) to do so
C. Will return less fuel mileage (yes its a mustang, but all else equal, why would you willingly choose the less efficient car?)
D. Id honestly say will not hold as much power on the stock bottom end

but you're still telling me you would have that engine over the Ecoboost because its a v8 and not a 4 cylinder? I'm sorry my friend, but that is the exact definition of Bigotry.

I have done the turbo 4 thing for a long time. Built them, tuned them, worked on them... i've hurt a lot of V8 feelings in my day. I've also gotten beat plenty of times too, i dont claim the EB4 to be better than the 5.0. Hell, i sold my last turbo 4 because i wanted a V8, i LOVE big all motor power. I do find it increasingly irritating however that people continue to ignorantly and absent mindedly bash this fantastic engine. I think a lot of people could stand to broaden their horizons from "mustang" fans to "performance" fans. I am probably the #1 mustang fan, i love them, have always loved them, and will likely always own one. I can however, respect performance in any guise, and i would expect the same from others.
Voltwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 10:03 AM   #137
Registered Member
Regular

2011 gt compared to my new 2015

1. and I owned those cars back in Europe. I'm from there...VW Corrado g60, BMW m3...guess what ? At 100,000km (not miles !) it was a nightmare. And we in Europe generally have the perception that a car at 100k mileage is dead. See the pattern ?

2. Euro mustang clubs are hating the 2015 as well...because it's TOO EURO...and they want American. That means attitude, that means loud, that means having to fight the car a little but that is what makes it fun, personable and passionate...not a cold satellite driven robotic synthetic feel of a car like the 2015 is or like pretty much any BMW...maybe you like your women like manikins...I like them with personality. Guess what ? I LOVE my rear live suspension on my 2014...would never trade it for IRS. Why ? It feels alive, it feels raw, it feels edgy...I know how to handle it and have fun doing so.

3. B and C...but the issue is...do not abandon the 3.7 V6 which has a lot of potential in favor of the ecoBoost. Want the ecoBoost for your radical chic, somewhat Prius driving, environmentally friendly European immigrants ? Great...but do not phase out the V6 and force everyone to make a hard choice, especially when that is the engine you have been selling the most of. As for the Eco...I would never buy a muscle car with that philosophy of an engine...sorry, call me bigot if you want, but I'm proud of it. I fell in love with American muscle cars, not euro wannabes. I'll probably move to the Challenger after my 2014 is set to go.

I did the 4 turbo for decades too...back in Europe. As I said, as you said...in the end we marry the bigger engines and the more American attitude...otherwise as I said, why even bother buying mustang ? Get a Nissan, a Subaru WrX or a Lexus...
Time will tell on this engine...but what I am getting from top mustang tuners, is the engine is fine, but not on that size and weight of a car.

And by the way...the 2015 absolutely looks like a fusion.

Old 11-03-2014, 10:04 AM   #138
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixBanger View Post
Do you know how ridiculously small of a population would intentionally buy a live-axle 2015? Absolutely no one except for hardcore drag-racers. Literally no one else. So, how does that make sense as a business decision? Just because someone somewhere might buy something doesn't mean that it should be done. These cars are mass-produced. They aren't bespoke.

Again, it's fine that you guys don't like the looks of the 2015 because it looks too much like a sports car (whatever that means) and it's lost its raw edge (if by "raw edge" you mean outdated axle and suspension and middle ground interior), but for gods sake, you guys go on like a broken record. Day after day, thread after thread. You have nothing productive to say at all. It's always the same crap. "Blah blah blah Fustuaroeuroevoboostaccordastang." You're so clever with your punny nicknames. It's just boring.

If this is what ME has devolved into then I'm out.
So its alright to force feed your opinions but shoot down others? You're a part of the problem you claim to be sick of.
People will always have something to say. If you don't like the broken record then don't click on the thread or unsubscribe. Its really that simple. Also you couldn't be more wrong about the small amount of people wanting the live axle. I would like the 15 that much more if it had a live rear axle and I know for a fact I'm not alone. Ford was bullied into changing by everyone saying its outdated and needs to be more modern. More modern for what! The millions of track day enthusiasts that want that extra shaved second around Laguna seca? I don't think so. I have never met ANYONE who actually takes their DD mustangs to track days. I've met hundreds of people like myself that prefer a live rear axle. I know there are track guys out there but the average Joe mustang buys the car to have fun and you can have fun with a "ancient" rear suspension like 99% of mustangs have.

So when are you trading your old outdated hunk of metal for the latest and greatest thing that's ever happened in the history of ever?
Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 10:07 AM   #139
Registered Member
Regular

Name:   ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1415030858.061218.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  52.2 KB

Well said...

Old 11-03-2014, 10:12 AM   #140
Registered Member
Regular

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1415031150.428808.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	252.9 KB
ID:	169043Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1415031160.983045.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	72.3 KB
ID:	169044

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT

Tags
2011 gt