2011 gt compared to my new 2015 - Page 7 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-10-2014, 12:12 PM   #211
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Region: Indiana
Daggum, so much hate in this thread. I think we've gotten away from discussions and moved to bashing and hate.
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2014, 12:12 PM   #212
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post
Daggum, so much hate in this thread. I think we've gotten away from discussions and moved to bashing and hate.

Most people it is either hate or love for the 2015, it'll grow on people. I hated it at first, but it grew on me.

Bullitts are better than Bullets

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 12:40 PM   #213
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
I hated the 05-09 at first too but now I kind of like them at least looks wise. LOVE the 07-09 GT500. I may look at a couple when I go to get into my next stang, bum knee or no. Driving through a bunch of hills and twisty backroads of NJ yesterday in the truck is sort of making me think twice about a straight line auto even though I would need to be 100% my knee is fixed before getting another stick. Or at the prices ppl want for them, wait and see what the new Camaro books for.

2015 is for sure a love/hate thing, love the powertrain, not sold on the IRS but that will be fixed by the aftermarket regardless whether it is good with just some upgraded half shafts or not. Also the looks don't help it in a lot of ppl's minds. I think Chevy is getting it right with the 2016 Camaro. "Evolutionary not Revolutionary". Everything I'm seeing out of the GM camp (as much as I am meh about GM) looks like a home run for the 2016 Mulletmobile.

One other thing I am not too sure of (and maybe ppl like Soccer can help me out here) is the MT-82 ratios for road racing. Yeah I know the close ratios are great but what about the 5th-6th gear? Biggest issue a lot of ppl have with the 5 spds is that the RPMs tank between 4th and 5th from 1.00 to .68 or .62 final OD. The MT-82 does this as well dropping from 1.00 to .65 final OD. But with the 7500+ RPM capability of the Coyote plus 27" tall tires do you just not ever have to shift into 6th?
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2014, 01:34 PM   #214
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasStang77 View Post
Really? So you're a man is that debatable? Lololol

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Keyword mostly. Ha ha ha. I got three inches a dangling furry to prove I'm a man. Ha ha ha
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 01:39 PM   #215
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
Most people it is either hate or love for the 2015, it'll grow on people. I hated it at first, but it grew on me.

When does the love come because I'm waiting? A 2015 drove by me in the opposite direction yesterday going maybe 25 mph on a one lane roadway and the car keeps getting uglier every time I see that rear end. Make the ugly stop mommy. Ha ha ha
Old 11-10-2014, 01:44 PM   #216
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
I hated the 05-09 at first too but now I kind of like them at least looks wise. LOVE the 07-09 GT500. I may look at a couple when I go to get into my next stang, bum knee or no. Driving through a bunch of hills and twisty backroads of NJ yesterday in the truck is sort of making me think twice about a straight line auto even though I would need to be 100% my knee is fixed before getting another stick. Or at the prices ppl want for them, wait and see what the new Camaro books for.

2015 is for sure a love/hate thing, love the powertrain, not sold on the IRS but that will be fixed by the aftermarket regardless whether it is good with just some upgraded half shafts or not. Also the looks don't help it in a lot of ppl's minds. I think Chevy is getting it right with the 2016 Camaro. "Evolutionary not Revolutionary". Everything I'm seeing out of the GM camp (as much as I am meh about GM) looks like a home run for the 2016 Mulletmobile.

One other thing I am not too sure of (and maybe ppl like Soccer can help me out here) is the MT-82 ratios for road racing. Yeah I know the close ratios are great but what about the 5th-6th gear? Biggest issue a lot of ppl have with the 5 spds is that the RPMs tank between 4th and 5th from 1.00 to .68 or .62 final OD. The MT-82 does this as well dropping from 1.00 to .65 final OD. But with the 7500+ RPM capability of the Coyote plus 27" tall tires do you just not ever have to shift into 6th?

I'll have to look when I get to a computer. But it can vary based on set up and preference. Personally I don't like to use 5th when road racing, even if it were a 6 speed I probably wouldn't use 5th.

HID end all thread
Old 11-10-2014, 01:53 PM   #217
Staff
Regular
Staff

Yeah but 5th in the MT82 IS 4th in what you are used to. That's what I'm talking about, the MT82 is weird as **** with the ratios and I'm not a big fan. 5th gear is 1.00 and 6th is .65 vs something like a T-45 where 4th is 1.00 and 5th is .68 ratio. You still have that big drop off into the final OD that does not exist in a T-56 setup since the extra gear is between 1.00 and final OD, not an extra gear before 1.00.

This is why so many ppl like the T-56 for road racing, that extra gear after 1.00 that isn't a really low highway OD. GT500 has the Magnum, the Camaro is sticking with the Magnum as well, Ford had to be a snowflake and use a Chinese 6 spd that's really a traditional 5 spd with an extra gear thrown in before the 1:1 drive ratio.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 11-10-2014, 03:12 PM   #218
Lorraine's driver

Regular

I think the 5th on an MT82 is 1:1 if I'm not mistaken. If that the case, it would be okay to use on the track. You'll be scootin' lol.

2004 Azure Blue Mach 1
IG: @azurebluemach
Old 11-10-2014, 05:11 PM   #219
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
2011 gt compared to my new 2015

Finally in production.

Edited - I have no issues posting my order but whatever so be it....
Clink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 05:43 PM   #220
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Yeah but 5th in the MT82 IS 4th in what you are used to. That's what I'm talking about, the MT82 is weird as **** with the ratios and I'm not a big fan. 5th gear is 1.00 and 6th is .65 vs something like a T-45 where 4th is 1.00 and 5th is .68 ratio. You still have that big drop off into the final OD that does not exist in a T-56 setup since the extra gear is between 1.00 and final OD, not an extra gear before 1.00.

This is why so many ppl like the T-56 for road racing, that extra gear after 1.00 that isn't a really low highway OD. GT500 has the Magnum, the Camaro is sticking with the Magnum as well, Ford had to be a snowflake and use a Chinese 6 spd that's really a traditional 5 spd with an extra gear thrown in before the 1:1 drive ratio.
The ratios are different between the 5.0 and the V6. I can't seem to find anything about what they put in the ecoboost. The 5.0 ratios are

1st - 3.66
2nd - 2.43
3rd - 1.69
4th - 1.32
5th - 1.00
6th - 0.65

Looking at those ratios it actually looks like a transmission that is very oriented toward open course racing. Hell, maybe i should look at a transmission like this, or at least ratios like this instead of the T-56, that still has the 4th as the 1.00. The 5-6 drop isn't even as bad as it would be in a TR3650 (Post 01).

I don't know how i didn't read about this before. But the auto in the 15+ has paddles also, that would definitely be my choice of tranny if i were to get a 15.

HID end all thread
Old 11-10-2014, 06:10 PM   #221
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clink View Post
Finally in production.

Awesome. VIN plus dealer info and order number as well as estimated delivery date. Spare keys have been made with less info I believe...

DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 06:12 PM   #222
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Awesome. VIN plus dealer info and order number as well as estimated delivery date. Spare keys have been made with less info I believe...

lmao, that was my first thought.

HID end all thread
Old 11-10-2014, 06:44 PM   #223
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Would take a pretty solid effort to social engineer a key out of that, you need more than that these days to pull that off...but deleted anyways.
Old 11-10-2014, 06:52 PM   #224
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
The ratios are different between the 5.0 and the V6. I can't seem to find anything about what they put in the ecoboost. The 5.0 ratios are

1st - 3.66
2nd - 2.43
3rd - 1.69
4th - 1.32
5th - 1.00
6th - 0.65

Looking at those ratios it actually looks like a transmission that is very oriented toward open course racing. Hell, maybe i should look at a transmission like this, or at least ratios like this instead of the T-56, that still has the 4th as the 1.00. The 5-6 drop isn't even as bad as it would be in a TR3650 (Post 01).

I don't know how i didn't read about this before. But the auto in the 15+ has paddles also, that would definitely be my choice of tranny if i were to get a 15.
I'd have to read more about the autos in the 15. Ugh, the more and more I see of the 15' the more I think I would lurve it as a driver but I just can't quite get over the exterior... We'll see how much they cost at the end of next year when the 16s release especially if Ford does something like they did in 2011 and every person with a 2010 was trying to dump it for a Coyote. And like I keep saying, have to see what the LT1 Camaro is like.

Biggest thing that I think is selling me on the 15' is not the IRS or the refined interior... its the Boss internals and the financing I would be able to get on a new one when I do buy in 2016 or 2017. Unlike the older Coyote, this one will take 800+ just like the Boss can. Also, Ford has claimed to have done syncrho upgrades on the MT82 for those getting a manual.

Edit: Now that I am on my home computer, I can get to a few other sites. Figure this iteration of the Coyote will be good for 8k redline. With 3.73s and 27" tall tires the car would be able to do 170+ in 5th gear at the 1:1 ratio so I think its fine lol. And being such a close ratio trans from 1-5 will keep it smack in the middle of the powerband which is exactly what Ford had in mind I'm sure what with the Coyote being a high RPM motor.

Edit2: Problem of highway RPMs still exists tho. 4.10s and the .65 final OD and 27" tall tires means you are spinning 2600+ at 80mph... Automatic fixes this tho

Old 11-10-2014, 06:52 PM   #225
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clink View Post
Would take a pretty solid effort to social engineer a key out of that, you need more than that these days to pull that off...but deleted anyways.

Nbc or cnn or whatever did a special and got keys made with just a vin and address. I even think there was one time they just provided the address and got a whole FOB made. They were carded like once only and denied. This is from the dealerships and you don't need to goto the dealership that you bought the car from.

Believe what you want and post whatever. Not my car bud.

DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 06:59 PM   #226
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Nbc or cnn or whatever did a special and got keys made with just a vin and address. I even think there was one time they just provided the address and got a whole FOB made. They were carded like once only and denied. This is from the dealerships and you don't need to goto the dealership that you bought the car from.

Believe what you want and post whatever. Not my car bud.

All good man thx for the heads up, if someone wants something bad enough they can always get it.
Old 11-10-2014, 06:59 PM   #227
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
I'd have to read more about the autos in the 15. Ugh, the more and more I see of the 15' the more I think I would lurve it as a driver but I just can't quite get over the exterior... We'll see how much they cost at the end of next year when the 16s release especially if Ford does something like they did in 2011 and every person with a 2010 was trying to dump it for a Coyote. And like I keep saying, have to see what the LT1 Camaro is like.

Biggest thing that I think is selling me on the 15' is not the IRS or the refined interior... its the Boss internals and the financing I would be able to get on a new one when I do buy in 2016 or 2017. Unlike the older Coyote, this one will take 800+ just like the Boss can. Also, Ford has claimed to have done syncrho upgrades on the MT82 for those getting a manual.

Edit: Now that I am on my home computer, I can get to a few other sites. Figure this iteration of the Coyote will be good for 8k redline. With 3.73s and 27" tall tires the car would be able to do 170+ in 5th gear at the 1:1 ratio so I think its fine lol. And being such a close ratio trans from 1-5 will keep it smack in the middle of the powerband which is exactly what Ford had in mind I'm sure what with the Coyote being a high RPM motor.
The more and more i see them the more and more i want one. I know i won't want to DD the Bullitt after college, so i'm probably going to finish up the mods i have planned for this year and then start saving up for a massive down payment on a '15 Ecoboost premium auto. I graduate May of 2017 so it should still be on the 2017 model then if they stay like they are now. Maybe could pick up a used 2016 for a decent amount. I'll make sure to get it with a warranty so mods don't tempt me lol. As soon as that warranty is over though i can't guarantee anything lol. I did sit in the interior and did everything but drive it and i was very impressed at the quality Ford put into it. Just gotta drive one now.

HID end all thread
Old 11-10-2014, 07:08 PM   #228
Staff
Regular
Staff

I dunno, like I said I'm not committing to anything except that I won't massively overpay for a Dodge product lol. I still keep looking at this 07 GT500 for sale locally... if the owner still has it in a few years I can't guarantee anything there either. The 07-09 GT500 white with blue stripes is one of my favorite cars ever and that's what this is with 24k miles and the clutch fix done and the VMP pulley and longtubes and and and...

FML

Old 11-14-2014, 09:16 PM   #229
Registered Member
Regular

Red Stallion 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 09:45 PM   #230
Registered Member
Regular

I want to see what the deal is on the upcoming SVT model

Red Stallion 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 10:44 AM   #231
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Lots of similarities when you get them next to each other.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1416069871.377750.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	284.8 KB
ID:	169749

2004 Azure Blue Mach 1
Old 11-15-2014, 10:16 PM   #232
Staff
Regular
Staff

Eh, I don't think so. This week I have had to double take multiple times to see if the car in my rearview was a Fusion, a Taurus or a 2015 Mustang. This fact alone ruins the whole car IMO.

Old 11-15-2014, 11:20 PM   #233
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Eh, I don't think so. This week I have had to double take multiple times to see if the car in my rearview was a Fusion, a Taurus or a 2015 Mustang. This fact alone ruins the whole car IMO.

It hasn't clicked to you yet. I used to think the same thing. But then something clicked and I started to really like them. I do see similarities between the mustangs and the fusions, but it is nowhere near as much as people are claiming. I think it's just a deep seated thing in their mind that doesn't let them see it as a Mustang, too caught up in the retro style.

HID end all thread
Old 11-15-2014, 11:42 PM   #234
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
It hasn't clicked to you yet. I used to think the same thing. But then something clicked and I started to really like them. I do see similarities between the mustangs and the fusions, but it is nowhere near as much as people are claiming. I think it's just a deep seated thing in their mind that doesn't let them see it as a Mustang, too caught up in the retro style.

You could be right or it really looks super similar to a Fusion and loyal enthusiasts to the mustang breed really looking to love it even though its not a great design. Since Ford stuck a pony emblem on the grill true loyal enthusiasts would love anything that Ford called mustang. They could of stuck a mustang grill on a Ford Festiva called it the 2015 mustang and people would of loved and bought it.
Old 11-16-2014, 07:02 AM   #235
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
You could be right or it really looks super similar to a Fusion and loyal enthusiasts to the mustang breed really looking to love it even though its not a great design. Since Ford stuck a pony emblem on the grill true loyal enthusiasts would love anything that Ford called mustang. They could of stuck a mustang grill on a Ford Festiva called it the 2015 mustang and people would of loved and bought it.

It is kinda funny how Ford chose the 2015 to bring back similarities between the car models, like back in the foxbody days. I can't wait to see what kind of aftermarket bumpers come out. I'm betting that it will make the front look tons better.

2004 Azure Blue Mach 1
Old 11-16-2014, 08:29 AM   #236
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post
It is kinda funny how Ford chose the 2015 to bring back similarities between the car models, like back in the foxbody days. I can't wait to see what kind of aftermarket bumpers come out. I'm betting that it will make the front look tons better.

2004 Azure Blue Mach 1
The specialilty models like RTR, MMD, Saleen, look much better. I agree the aftermarket parts will be huge.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT

Tags
2011 gt