Cant find a good deal on a 5.0 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-08-2014, 09:23 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Cant find a good deal on a 5.0

I cant seem to find a good deal on a 11-12 5.0.. should I wait till next year maybe people will trade in for a new 2015 and theyre will be more used gts out there.. what should I do..

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

---------- Post added at 09:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 PM ----------

*there**

4.slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2014, 09:36 PM   #2
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Look harder. I just saw a base model 2011 M6 listed on SVTP in Florida for $20k with 29k miles. If you are trying to find them cheaper than that, yeah you'll have to wait a bit or get one with real high miles.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 11:05 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Im in ca. The cheapeast one is 19k but with 60k thats too many miles

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2014, 08:34 AM   #4
Staff
Regular
Staff

Another option is to buy and have the car shipped. I know buying sight unseen can be iffy but a lot of these cars still have factory warranties in place. Shipping a car is cheaper than you think. I've seen people do it very recently for under $1k coast to coast. Don't think you are locked in paying omfwtfbbq prices because your area has inflated the prices far over what they are worth.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 11-09-2014, 09:24 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Keep looking...6 months ago I bought a 2013 GT A6 with 38,000 for $23,000.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 11-09-2014, 12:15 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

I dont think I would buy a car without looking at it first and driving it

Old 11-09-2014, 12:18 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Also for the mpgs ive test driven 3 so far and all three of fhem averaged less than 15 mpgs according to the display. One of them had a full thank and it said 139 miles to empty! Are they really that bad with mpgs? I had a 01 gt and averaged 18 on street and 22 on highway

Old 11-09-2014, 12:22 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
C'mon man, use your head. What does a test drive look like? A short trip with a heavy foot, of course mileage suffers.

2012 Premium GT, Candy Red, Brembo package, 3.73, MT82, Comfort, Tech, et al. Procal tune, Roush UCA, UMI poly LCA, GT500s, Steeda red bracket, Hoosier 28x10x16 bias drags. Best e/t 11.91 at 115.23 RIP
5LHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 12:38 PM   #9
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4.slow View Post
Also for the mpgs ive test driven 3 so far and all three of fhem averaged less than 15 mpgs according to the display. One of them had a full thank and it said 139 miles to empty! Are they really that bad with mpgs? I had a 01 gt and averaged 18 on street and 22 on highway

No that's not typical. Could be a few things:

1) the car has a mechanical/emissions related issue- most likely not the case.

2) The previous owner just floored it all the time and didn't take care of it.

-There are pretty obvious signs if that were the case. The interior plastics would be worn heavily, stains on the carpets, tires, brakes, etc.. I really doubt this, as you would've probably ran away from it at that point.

3) Test driving it, or they cleared the display computer while detailing it, or something of that nature, and it just hasn't been driven far enough at a constant speed to get the MPG's up.

-If I had money, I would place it on this option.
Old 11-09-2014, 08:17 PM   #10
Road Trip!

Region: Florida
You guys are funny...

It shows 15 mpg because it only sees test drives around the city. That's the only reason.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Mikeyt03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 01:13 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Actually on was from a guy that drives it as a daily it showed 12.9 mpgs

Old 11-10-2014, 06:01 AM   #12
Admin

Supporter
Admin

If you're looking to enjoy the Mustang for what it is, don't shy away fro the MPG indicator in the dash.

If you want MPG, buy a Prius.
Old 11-10-2014, 06:14 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyt03 View Post
You guys are funny...

It shows 15 mpg because it only sees test drives around the city. That's the only reason.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Exactly. It doesn't matter what the owner was doing a year/20k ago, the cars only remember the last 500 miles.

Luke 11:9-10 “So I say to you ...*search and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 06:56 AM   #14
Staff
Regular
Staff

The MPG calculator always lies anyway. My Expy, for example, still says 14mpg when I hand calculate out to damn near 20 sometimes on highway trips. Generally, people are getting in the 20s with the if they keep their foot out of it. Which I imagine is hard when its tough enough to keep one's foot out of a lowly 2V lol.

Honestly, if you are worried about MPG, get a V6. Still quick, and will get damn near 30mpg even if you beat on it. Yeah yeah, the V6 still carries a stigma from earlier years but they stopped being slow in 2011.

Old 11-10-2014, 08:35 AM   #15
Admin

Supporter
Admin

I'm being very persnikity in how much I'll spend...I sold my 2011 a few weeks ago because my wife gave me a green light to buy a Boss. I've located a few, but the price was more than I want to spend.

I'll find one, and in my price range. It's hard to be "Mustangless" right now, but soon, I'll have a Boss.

I can only suggest you stick with your price, and not let your emotions get the best of you when shopping.
Old 11-10-2014, 08:46 AM   #16
Staff
Regular
Staff

Just saw an orange boss with some mods and like 30k miles for $30k. Will have to find link.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Old 11-10-2014, 12:09 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4.slow View Post
Im in ca. The cheapeast one is 19k but with 60k thats too many miles

Just checked carmax, 2011 Gt, 12K miles for $24,5 in Bakersfield Ca, can be transferred.

http://www.carmax.com/enus/view-car/...results%20page

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
Jd431x1f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 12:58 PM   #18
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
I'm being very persnikity in how much I'll spend...I sold my 2011 a few weeks ago because my wife gave me a green light to buy a Boss. I've located a few, but the price was more than I want to spend.

I'll find one, and in my price range. It's hard to be "Mustangless" right now, but soon, I'll have a Boss.

I can only suggest you stick with your price, and not let your emotions get the best of you when shopping.
Actually its race red. 26k miles, $29,999 asking price.

Global Auto Source

No idea what might be wrong with it to make it go at that price... Although you'll have ppl on here (looking at you Rap! ) who will tell you just get a GT for $10-$15k less than a Boss.

Old 11-10-2014, 01:02 PM   #19
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jd431x1f View Post
Just checked carmax, 2011 Gt, 12K miles for $24,5 in Bakersfield Ca, can be transferred.

2011 Ford Mustang GT in Bakersfield, CA- 11077786 at carmax.com

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
Seems very steep for a base model even with the miles. Especially when base model 2014s were going for $27k brand new. Hell, you could probably still find a leftover 2014 GT at some dealers for that price.

Old 11-10-2014, 01:07 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Hey man, another good place to look if you haven't already exhausted Carmax, Autotrader, Craigslist, etc., then you should check out EBay. I know it seems kind of sketch but A LOT of dealerships list cars on there to sell. I know a couple people actually who have bought cars off EBay from reputable dealerships listing cars on there simply because they are overstock and it's just another way to advertise them. I would definitely do some research on the dealership once you find the car but if it's a ford dealer then you should be ok. They usually list them as 'Buy It Now' but if you call them usually you can negotiate.

As for shipping, that is a whole different story. That's all about the third party transport rates and they aren't very consistent.
Coyote2820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 01:11 PM   #21
Staff
Regular
Staff

In all honesty... I've found the best place to buy a used Mustang is a bigger Mustang forum where you can often see build threads, the car's history, go through the user's posts to see if they sound like a jackass or not and you'll also more often than not get ppl who will vouch for a nice car like I have done/people have done for me.

I know for damn sure if I look at any GT500s they will be enthusiast owned cars and probably all will be SVTP members' rides. There is a white/blue 07 that just calls to me on there right now but even if I had the money... $12k over what a Coyote costs for a 2007 model... just too much money.

Old 11-10-2014, 01:15 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Oh, sorry I forgot to mention that another good place is ford.com. That's actually how I found my new one. You can search their dealership inventory nationwide and determine which ones have the exact(or as close to exact) one you want and then purchase through them and have it shipped.

OR what I did is I found the one I liked, called the dealer in St. Louis and negotiated them to the bottom dollar- then called all my local dealers and tried to leverage them all against one another until I got the lowest possible number and went with them(which coincidentally was also the same guy who sold me my last one) but their prices were all varying by how much the shipping would be. I live near Tulsa, Oklahoma so I think it was like a 7-8 hour drive one way for the shipping so they sent one of their "gofers" to pick it up and drive it back so that only cost me $500 through the dealership but other dealerships were wanting between $500-$1000.

So taking all factors into account you can surely make it happen if you want it to brother. Good luck!!
Old 11-10-2014, 01:34 PM   #23
Staff
Regular
Staff

Also if you are military or a dependent, the USAA car buying service is THE ****. A few months ago I looked on the USAA site for giggles and base model leftover 2014 GTs were $26-$27k brand new. They also do it for used cars too but the used prices are not always as good because its only dealers.

Old 11-10-2014, 02:26 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah to Scottys point the dealers give the best deals(go figure right? Lol) but seriously, I had a dark blue 2013 I got brand new for around $31,000 base with a few add-ons and with a $2,500 down payment I took it home for around $28k but I really wanted black so I started looking for a 2013 used in black because I figured it would be a more direct trade and I could get what I wanted. After looking around mostly all available black 5.0s were either private seller or non-ford dealers; (private seller= greater interest financing + whatever issues they may have caused it) (non-ford dealers= no real deals[because they are trade-ins] and typically higher interest) so the prices were upper $20s, before financing. I was a 23 year old recent college graduate at the time working in corporate financing with a credit report only containing my car at the time so those things were important to me because the interest would make a significant difference. The best deal I found on a black 5.0 was a 2013 with 26k miles for $29.7k with financing but anyways, long story short(or at least shorter than it could have been) I ended up buying a brand new 2014 GT premium sticker $38k and with rebates, discounts, wheelin-dealin taking advantage of fords great deals to get rid of the soon to be out of date models and the 0% made my mind up and my day. I took it home at $29k with financing- so a 1 year newer, >100mile, no booger under seat or fart stained seat having premium upgraded model for less from a ford dealer than a year older, 26k more mile, nearly exceeding warranty, used mustang.

Moral of the story, brand new from a ford dealer can be a great deal too if you take all variables into account. Also, don't go on long rambling rants on forums or people will begin to dislike you.

Sorry guys. I was in the zone. #mustangaholic #learnfromeachother #RAMBLIN-GAMBLIN_MAN
Old 11-10-2014, 06:29 PM   #25
Staff
Regular
Staff

I am the king of long rambling forum rants lol. Welcome to the club!!

Yeah buying new is getting better and better as far as incentives and interest rates especially if you have 700+ credit. I can get 0-.9% new from the dealers. From my Credit Union I can get as low as 2.25% on a 3 year used car loan which is ridiculously good but still not even close to 0%.

And lol at the non-farted in/booger seats, one of the biggest reasons I re-upholstered the ones in my 98, they were pretty rough...

Now as far as used... the used deals right now on 11-14 Coyotes are getting crazy and I think they will get crazier as the special edition S550s start to release as well as when the mid-model run refresh happens. As I said you can get loooooowwww mileage Coyotes for $20k right now. Makes spending $30k for a 07-09 GT500 really tough even though those are probably my favorites recently.

However, if some of the leftover 2015s start going for high $20s or the Ecoboosts prove to be everything we are being led to believe they are and they are low $20ks for leftover models... I dunno. As much as I hate the look of the 2015, the aftermarket will for sure make it livable for ppl like me and there is no doubt the damn thing will perform. Like I said I just need to see the LT1 Camaro final specs/price. Yes I know that makes me a traitor. I'm also the guy who would have no problem LS1 swapping an older Mustang either haha.

Old 11-10-2014, 06:35 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Bro I mine had sale price of 29000 with 17000 miles but out the door was 40000

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
peter863 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 06:39 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter863;

It had a sticker price of $29,000 with 17,000 and you got it out the door for $40,000?

Why did you pay the dealer $11,000 extra for?

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 06:41 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasStang77 View Post
It had a sticker price of $29,000 with 17,000 and you got it out the door for $40,000?

Why did you pay the dealer $11,000 extra for?

Maybe some poor wording and he meant new it was 40,000. Hopefully he didn't pay a extra 11,000

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 07:23 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Some very valid points SDK, these deals are almost too good to pass up... Btw, agreed 2.25% is a very solid rate from a CU. Banks are higher the majority of the time so they can get 'theirs'...greedy bastards. Ford gave me 0% with a completely blank credit report and a score of 0 haha first purchase on credit. Then 11 months later an Infiniti dealership tried giving me like 8%, and I had ZERO delinquencies, oh well, they're all crooks!....My aunt and uncle just both got the new Vettes and they are pretty slick....but if I had one I would still sell it plus my soul(for whatever that's worth) for a 69' Boss....

But yeah man my prayers go out to you that there was an error in your post rather than an $11,000 error in your purchase agreement.
Old 11-10-2014, 07:45 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

I mean that's being compeltly paid off bro I finaced 32000 I got extended warranty

---------- Post added at 01:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:44 AM ----------

And besides that I only gave 500 bucks as a down paymebt

Old 11-11-2014, 12:20 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter863 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter863 View Post
I mean that's being compeltly paid off bro I finaced 32000 I got extended warranty

---------- Post added at 01:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:44 AM ----------

And besides that I only gave 500 bucks as a down paymebt

I don't understand what's going on.

Luke 11:9-10 “So I say to you ...*search and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
Old 11-11-2014, 12:32 PM   #32
Staff
Regular
Staff

Maybe he's got $40k into it as far as $8k of mods and a $32k out the door price?

Old 11-11-2014, 01:37 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Maybe he's got $40k into it as far as $8k of mods and a $32k out the door price?

So my GT Premium is now standing at $48,000 out the door with the Shelby wheels and all the mods? Ahhh ok makes sense now.

DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 01:59 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

But the sale price was 29,000. He but down 500, so I'll take out taxes and title.

Then he financed 32,000, so how was it out the door 40,000? He didn't put down 8k, or finance 8k...so...huh? Lol

Edit: unless that's how much he pays with interest by the end of the loan, maybe?

Old 11-11-2014, 03:02 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

I wasn't able to write everything correct sorry for the confusion. The dale price was 29,000 all I did was put 500 dollers down so it went down to 28500. That being said that's how much I finaced since my i need a new tag and taxes were added as well as extended warranty to it and also warranty on the rims in case anything happend to my car it went up to 32000 with tag and title. So that's how much they finaced me. So the total after the 6 years of it being paid of it will end up costing me 38500 in total.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2015 Mustang GT